Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the worst movie you saw in theaters in 2014?

What's the worst movie you saw in theaters in 2014?

I think I'd have to go with the Muppets: Most Wanted that I took my son to. While I did like the first Muppets return movie of a couple years ago, this one was pretty bad. I didn't find it very funny.

I'm asking about just movies you saw in theaters, because it is a lot easier to rent clunkers, etc..

Tusk.

I usually avoid bad movies at the theater, but I went based on the recommendation of friends. I like a lot of Kevin Smith's films. And I get what they were going for. But I can't say I found it particularly funny or interesting.

I like Muppets Most Wanted okay, but it definitely was a come-down from the last one. Some of the charm felt lost.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I think I'd have to go with the Muppets: Most Wanted that I took my son to. While I did like the first Muppets return movie of a couple years ago, this one was pretty bad. I didn't find it very funny.

I'm asking about just movies you saw in theaters, because it is a lot easier to rent clunkers, etc..
    I've kind of found all muppet movies post jim henson, minus the christmas carol, rather bad. They just don't have that 'flair' or 'specialness' that they had to them when jim was around. The first two revolved around the crutch of retelling classic stories, a reason why frank oz left....and rightly so. Muppets From Space took the craziness out of gonzo and kind of turned him into a lead dramatic player, totally re writing the character. After that, they made a few forgetably bland TV movies, and the last two movies which mostly relied on nostalgia to be enjoyable. That's why I l liked Most Wanted a bit more. At least it TRIED to have some fun with an original plot.

But as for worst movie, hands down Ninja turtles. I'm just ashamed that so many people not only made it so much money across the world, but apparently made it the number one home renter. Where where they when the 2007 movie was out? Turtles Forever? the 2K3 series? Back when quality turtle material was being made? Instead, we get something even lower than the next mutation of the mo vie franchise put out there for public consumption and it's a mega hit. it does not make any sense what soever to a real turtle fan....
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I've kind of found all muppet movies post jim henson, minus the christmas carol, rather bad. They just don't have that 'flair' or 'specialness' that they had to them when jim was around. The first two revolved around the crutch of retelling classic stories, a reason why frank oz left....and rightly so. Muppets From Space took the craziness out of gonzo and kind of turned him into a lead dramatic player, totally re writing the character. After that, they made a few forgetably bland TV movies, and the last two movies which mostly relied on nostalgia to be enjoyable. That's why I l liked Most Wanted a bit more. At least it TRIED to have some fun with an original plot.

But as for worst movie, hands down Ninja turtles. I'm just ashamed that so many people not only made it so much money across the world, but apparently made it the number one home renter. Where where they when the 2007 movie was out? Turtles Forever? the 2K3 series? Back when quality turtle material was being made? Instead, we get something even lower than the next mutation of the mo vie franchise put out there for public consumption and it's a mega hit. it does not make any sense what soever to a real turtle fan....
    The movie made money because the Nick Turtles toon and the new figures are HUGE! You have tons of kids into it right now, for them, this is the TMNT. At least TMNT are back in a big way, much better than 200x did!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

300:Rise Of An Empire, a massive let down after the first film.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    The movie made money because the Nick Turtles toon and the new figures are HUGE! You have tons of kids into it right now, for them, this is the TMNT. At least TMNT are back in a big way, much better than 200x did!
    that's only cause 200x was stuck on network tv... more kids might have seen it if it was paired up with spongebob.
    It'll be interesting to see how it does in reruns now that they are airing...but anyway...back on topic.. ;o).
    Geek Media -

By definition since the only movie I saw in theatre was Book of Life it was the worst movie I saw in threatre.

Now worst movie I saw this year though that I would have most likely gone to see if my situation was different (only go to the theatre with the fiance who lives in another state).

Would have been
    300: Rise of an Empire
    Amazing Spider-man 2 (likely would have been a rental still)
    Hercules (with the Rock).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I saw some stupid movies in 2014 (Ninja Turtles, annabelle, as above so below, Dracula untold - those last 3 with my ex-gf actually)

But top of my list for worst movie would have to be Interstellar - I went in really expecting to like this movie, I like Nolan's work on the Dark Knight trilogy & Inception and it looked really interesting

But watching it left me cold, I didn't like most of the characters and once all the 5th-dimensional stuff came up I totally lost interest. Not to mention the audio was so low I missed what some of the actors were saying (and that was at an IMAX! You think it would have better sound quality)

Overall a total waste of time and my worst film of 2014 (I would have included Noah as well but I only watched 10 minutes of it on TV before changing the channel!)
    Last edited by JAG2045; December 29, 2014 at 09:05pm.
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Heroic Warrior
    Noah was trash. Sad because it could have been good if they stuck to the actual story. By far the worst this year.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I'm going to go with not applicable. I didn't see any movies I disliked, though, there are reasons for that. I carefully select what I go to see, and usually only see things I'm familiar with. Thankfully all the movies I saw weren't bad (though I can't say all of them were great).

I'll have to go with TMNT. I don't know exactly why, but I just didn't like it. I also hated the way the turtles looked.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    I'm gonna be honest, I love (just about) every iteration of the TMNT, and the 2014 Movie is no exception. I really enjoy this version and I am legitimately excited for the sequel.

On topic: Worst movie I saw in theaters in 2014?

(SPOILERS AHEAD!)

Interstellar.

I should have known that this movie would be sub-par after seeing how Nolan crapped all over the Batman franchise.... ugh. Nolan's name is becoming synonymous with inconsistency and plot-holes. (Although I do have to admit that I've always wanted to see the other side of a black-hole..... I just expected it to be more interesting than the back side of someone's book shelf, lol )

Also, Ice Planet, Rock Planet, and Water Planet are bland and very low-budget.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Pitch Perfect.. i was so annoyed and how HARD they tried to be funny. it wasn't was so bored but stuck it out with my friends whom were easily pleased

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    300:Rise Of An Empire, a massive let down after the first film.
    sex scene was HOT
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Left Behind.

It's a toss up between:
    Transformers 4
    And
    Jersey Boys

Honorable mention to Dumb & Dumber Too since I didn't see the whole thing as we left part-way through.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I didn't see it in theaters, but The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Such a huge disappointment. I want Spider-Man back with Marvel because I don't trust Sony anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by j-manbp View Post
    Noah was trash. Sad because it could have been good if they stuck to the actual story. By far the worst this year.
    I agree. Noah was the worst movie of 2014. Not nearly as good as the book. lol.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

I should have known that this movie would be sub-par after seeing how Nolan crapped all over the Batman franchise.... ugh. Nolan's name is becoming synonymous with inconsistency and plot-holes. (Although I do have to admit that I've always wanted to see the other side of a black-hole..... I just expected it to be more interesting than the back side of someone's book shelf, lol )
    Batman 1 and 3 I actually liked ;o).
    Geek Media -

I´m also going with NOAH. Horrible movie, so wrong in so many ways!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Amazing Spider-Man 2...it was pretty bad.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm in the small minority of silly people who loved both tASM2 and TMNT. I'd have to say that out of the movies I've seen in theaters this year I'd have to rank Captain America: the Winter Soldier the worst. I just did not like that movie all that much for some reason. Can't really pinpoint why, I just left the theater feeling meh.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I didn't see many movies in a theater this year but the absolute worst one (that shouldn't have been so bad) IMO was Lucy.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I see A LOT of movies. It probably averages out to about one a week in the theaters. There were plenty of movies I was disappointed with: Muppets was nowhere near as good as the last one and Interstellar had some plot holes. Foxcatcher was slow but the acting was good. Into the Woods had a horrible third act. By far the worst movie I saw though was As Above So Below. Hands down. I love horror movies too. It played like a bad video game with levels and bosses and the live footage filming technique is wearing out its welcome.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Lucy.

The trailers made it out to be an interesting action sci fi but the actual film was... well none of that
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I only saw one film in the cinema during the whole of 2014 and that was the RoboCop remake! Whilst a lot of the other movies mentioned have been bad, 300: Rise of an Empire, Noah, Spider-Man 2, they did have some entertainment value, RoboCop 2014, had none! Billed as an action movie, there was practically no action in the film whatsoever, with the only bit of slightly decent action being the first bit, which only lasted for a little over a minute, the rest of it was merely training sequences, with the odd bad-guy shoot-out, in which we went back 60 years, to where people who get shot, falling over backwards out of frame, oh, and no blood... lame!

The rest of the film was all talky talky and none of it very interesting, I almost fell asleep 3 times it was that boring. Then of course the suit, a lame Nolan Batman rip-off, with a bit of Iron-Man thrown in and a dopey human hand (wtf), the Robo-Cycle, again lame... basically the entire movie was made up of practically everything that went wrong with the original franchise! Typical studio written junk!

Overall, a complete waste of an evening out and I really should have tried to get my money back