Thread: Lets see your non-MOTU collections!

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar

Lets see your non-MOTU collections!

I looked for this but couldn't find it. If there is one please move this to that thread.

I know we have a show us your non MOTU toy/item scores, but was shocked that we don't have a thread to show off non MOTU collections.

My Dc and Marvel Display. You will notice it also has my 3 3/4 Power Ranger figures!
    Screenshot_10.jpg
    Speaking of Power Rangers, Here's my misc display, yeah I know, I need more figures.
    Screenshot_13.jpg
    Here is my pride and joy, my Thundercats (with some Ben 10 and Generator Rex mixed in)
    Screenshot_14.jpg
    G.I.Joe and Transformers
    Screenshot_15.jpg
    Misc Dolls
    Screenshot_16.jpg
    A few Monster Highs (I have many more)
    Screenshot_18.jpg
    Twilight
    Screenshot_19.jpg

Let's see your collections!
    Last edited by AlexisLasek; December 10, 2014 at 06:50pm.
    We need a Snake Teela and Critta in MOTUC! The snakemen and Space mutants are the only factions without a girl in them!

I pulled these out of storage recently:

2006-01-01 00.00.00-21.jpg

I often forget that I have them. I didn't actively collect them; my father did. I had a few when I was a kid, and they ended up on my shelf when I was a teenager. My father saw them, assumed that I liked them, and started bringing them home from work. I've considered donating them to charity as they spend more time in the closet than anything, but I just can't bring myself to part with them.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Quote Originally Posted by flutterina View Post

I often forget that I have them. I didn't actively collect them; my father did. I had a few when I was a kid, and they ended up on my shelf when I was a teenager. My father saw them, assumed that I liked them, and started bringing them home from work. I've considered donating them to charity as they spend more time in the closet than anything, but I just can't bring myself to part with them.
    Oh my gosh! Glo Friends! That was my favorite cartoon from the MY LITTLE PONY N' FRIENDS cartoon block, but ironically, I never owned any (and still do not) Though you might not be huge into them, that is an awesome collection and display in my opinion.
    We need a Snake Teela and Critta in MOTUC! The snakemen and Space mutants are the only factions without a girl in them!

Here's a link to the sideshow style figures I've got, plus some other bits and bobs.
    http://s1150.photobucket.com/user/te...?sort=3&page=1

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    This is my Phantom of the Opera collection. A kingdom where all must pay homage to music:

Etheria will be mine!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    Oh my gosh! Glo Friends! That was my favorite cartoon from the MY LITTLE PONY N' FRIENDS cartoon block, but ironically, I never owned any (and still do not) Though you might not be huge into them, that is an awesome collection and display in my opinion.
    Well thank you I appreciate that!

Great collections everyone! It's nice to see what other cool stuff people collect.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

I'll play!

I just mush everything together.

Here is my non-MOTU toy collection right now. I still have a couple MOTU items in here that wouldn't fit on the MOTU shelves, but it is mostly Thundercats, GIJoe, Ninja Turtles, DC Heroes, etc. I have a lot more awesome stuff, but not enough room to display it all, so I switch out shelves quite often. Even since taking this pic a couple hours ago, I shifted a few things around! Gotta keep it fresh!
    Wes
    FullSizeRender.jpg

That's a nice collection Wes, who are the guys on the top shelf, 3rd one along?

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    That's a nice collection Wes, who are the guys on the top shelf, 3rd one along?
    I could be wrong but If I am looking at the right shelf. I think its the Tigerharks. I say that because everyone of the dolls on the very top look like Jem Dolls to me.

Wes: Impressive collection.

Thanks! Yeah, third and fourth shelves in, on the top, are the Tigersharks. They were basically Thundercats: Underwater. Underneath them are the Silverhawks which were Thundercats: in Space. The Tigersharks are pretty rare, and took me forever to track down. They definitely weren't as popular as Thundercats or Silverhawks, and their "transforming action" makes them pretty fragile and thus hard to find in good shape. Pretty cool guys though!
    Wes

Wow! It almost makes me wish I didn't sale off my other 80s collection to fund my MOTUC obsession.lol

Quote Originally Posted by flutterina View Post

That's a cool story, more than worth keeping them around, you can't buy that.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

@Wes2882
    Where did you get your shelving at?

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I went and pulled out all my old Transformers and took photos of them. I placed them in an album on Facebook, they include G1, Beast Wars, some RID, and many MOC and MIB Universe/Generations from the last few years or so. I'll probably do a GI Joe folder someday.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=78c8919467
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    @Wes2882
    Where did you get your shelving at?
    I got the shelves from ikea. They are super adjustable, which is awesome in terms of display options and rearranging. Unfortunately, right after I bought them, the bookcases and the separate packs of shelves were discontinued, so I haven't been able to purchase any more. I bought them maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes2882 View Post
    Here is my non-MOTU toy collection right now. I still have a couple MOTU items in here that wouldn't fit on the MOTU shelves, but it is mostly Thundercats, GIJoe, Ninja Turtles, DC Heroes, etc. I have a lot more awesome stuff, but not enough room to display it all, so I switch out shelves quite often. Even since taking this pic a couple hours ago, I shifted a few things around! Gotta keep it fresh!
    Wes
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    Nice collection!! Also love the shelves!! Wish they still made them.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Nice collection!! Also love the shelves!! Wish they still made them.
    If not those exact shelves, Ikea still carries things similar to them. Try searching for their Billy Bookcase line or their Besta line.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

What I love about these particular shelves is that they are so shallow they just stick to the wall and don't take too much space away from the room in general. Everything else out there right now is deeper, which is awesome in terms of displaying tiers and rows of stuff, but not so space friendly. Ah well! There is space for my favorite stuff, and it is fun switching things around, so limited space can be a good thing.

Here's my last collection Up-date I posted on Youtube

Just added the new Giant He-Man and Skeletor since this video.
    Running the underground