Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last BOOK you bought?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerFall View Post
    Benedict Judas Hel Those are some great finds.
    Thanks, H-Fall! Stick around because I plan on buying the entire series. Speaking of which, I just got in book #12 in the series: Inside UFO 54-40.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    Magick by Aleister Crowley

103248669.jpg
    Etheria will be mine!

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Lou Scheimer: Creating The Filmation Generation which hasn't arrived yet and it's been out nearly a month. Any other Australians order this and haven't got their copy yet or is it just me? E-mailing the publishing company which I ordered from to see what's the hold up. Can't blame the hurricane as the company is based in North Carolina which wasn't in the storms path as far as I know.
    Last edited by Sorceress; November 20, 2012 at 05:56am.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

the latest in the Assassins Creed Novels by Oliver Bowden

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I liked the things about the episodes that I didnt know. But other then that wasnt really impressed with the format. Or opinions expressed.
    Have no fear, there's no law that says you have to agree with my reviews - As for the format, I'm intrigued as to what you were expecting...and PLEASE don't say "I wanted pictures"...

Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    I'll have to agree with you there. Every time I read one of the episode reviews and saw the score, I cried "WHAT?"... Virtually all my favourites were given 5 out of 10 or under... I commend the research and time that's gone into the book, but I just didn't understand why the cartoon was being treated like a piece of classic literature for grown-ups. It was a very warm, engaging & charismatic children's series, nothing more
    Bear in mind that the writers that worked on this show were writing stories THEY wanted to tell - They weren't dumbing down for kids ("Into the Abyss", "The Problem With Power", etc., are prime examples of writing for a much older audience) - I don't think anyone is treating the show as a a piece of classic literature for grown-ups; least of all me...

And you mentioned that I gave low scores to your favorites - Well, all I did was rate my favorites since I wrote a book and all...

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    One more Choose Your Own Adventure book came in today: Space Patrol (#22).

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Prison Pit Book 4

Awesome!

The Fault in Our Stars
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    One more Choose Your Own Adventure book came in today: Space Patrol (#22).

http://www.gamebooks.org/gallery/cyoa022.jpg
    These are pretty cool! I still have a bunch of these CYOA books including Space Patrol. My favourites for some reason were: Who killed Harlowe Thrombey and Sabotage. Though the one that i found hardest was the first one; Cave of Time.

My latest book purchase was the massive Lord of the Rings book. I don't how long it'll take to read but it's worth it LoL.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Got my "Creating the Filmation Generation" book in the UK today... Beautiful it is too, so well done Andy! And I got a signed edition.. #23 out of #100. It'll be treasured!
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Haven't checked my mailbox for a few days so it might have turned up if redsquadron's response is anything to go by.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    These are pretty cool! I still have a bunch of these CYOA books including Space Patrol. My favourites for some reason were: Who killed Harlowe Thrombey and Sabotage. Though the one that i found hardest was the first one; Cave of Time.
    Cool, Robotnik! I still have my childhood copy of Sabotage as well as Prisoner of the Ant People. A couple of great books!

I got 3 more Choose Your Own Adventure Books in the mail today: The Third Planet From Altair (#7), The Lost Tribe (#23) and Treasure Diver (#32).

Heroic Warrior
    The Magic of Oz I was going to get The Scarecrow of Oz but I had a feeling I was going to end up getting it.

I got 3 more Choose Your Own Adventure Books in: Who Killed Harlowe Thrombey? (#9), Ghost Hunter (#52) and The Trumpet of Terror (#55).

Plus I got the Garbage Pail Kids book which is basically just reproduction pictures of the first 5 series of Garbage Pail Kids stickers with 4 previously unreleased cards added as a bonus.

And I got the latest Stephen Sansweet book, Star Wars: The Ultimate Action Figure Collection which details every action figure and its various incarnation. A very detailed book indeed, image-wise.

Heroic Warrior
    The Journey to Wudang trilogy by Kylie Chen & The Obsidian Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey & James Mallory.
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh

Hume - The Essential Philosophical Works

At 860 pages, it'll be a while before I get through this one.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I love the new Trek books, I only wish the shows were still on TV so they could adapt all the great stories that have been set after Nemesis

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    "The Christmas Note" by Donna VanLiere
    "The Douche Journals: The Definitive Account of One Man's Genius" by "Schmidt"
    "Close Your Eyes" by Iris and Roy Johansen
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    I am delving into Middle Earth
    9780345538376_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG
    Etheria will be mine!

I just bought The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

as part of an ongoing subscription, I recently purchased:

and

those count, right?
    I write comics, too! Check out Studio Stella Polaris on Drive Thru Comics!

I got 2 more Choose Your Own Adventure books starting off with #26, The Phantom Submarine

And to keep in line with the upcoming doomsday I got #11, Mystery of the Maya

Heroic Warrior
    Scarecrow of Oz by L. Frank Baum since I'm on Ch.7 of Tik-Tok of Oz at the moment and might finish soon.

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    I just ordered "Live and Let Die" by Ian Fleming and Monsters in the Movies by John Landis. Last night The Little Man" by Chester Brown arrived in the mail.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"