Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last BOOK you bought?

Last stuff I purchased was this:

Fantastic Four Vol 3 HC. The last one from the Waid / Wieringo run Got the first 2 Vols back in december.
    New X-Men By Morrison Ultimate Coll TP Book 03. Also got the first 2 back in dec.
    Best Of Spider-Man Vol 4 HC (Straczynski) I couldn't find Vol 1, and vols 2 and 3 were more expensive than what I could afford, so I started with this volume which was on sale and I'll try to get the other ones some other time
    Sentry TP I wasn't going to get Sentry at all, but it was on sale and if I added it to the shopping cart the shipping for all books was free, while if I didn't get it I was going to pay more in shipping than getting it, lol. There were few other choices at the same price I could get, but this interested me the most.
    Stormbreaker Saga Of Beta Ray Bill TP Got Thor disassembled last year, can't wait to see what happened with Beta Ray after Ragnarok.
    300 HC by Frank Miller... well, not everythng has to be Marvel in my bookshelf .

I don't have all this stuff yet, though, it will take about a month before it arrives in my country.

My last purchase that wasn't comics were Les Miserables (in spanish), which I had read before from a borrowed set (2 tomes), but now I have my own copy to read again... and again and again. This is one of my top 3 favorite books ever!
    Together with Victor Hugo, I got also a small book by Stephen Hawking -and daughter-, but when I got home I noticed it was a story for children, and not to-the-point popular science in the likes of A Brief History of Time as I thought it was. Still looks ok and got very nice pictures from the Hubble sat., so it looks interesting even if toned down for kids... as I think it is, at least, have yet to read it. I don't know the english name for this book.
    Last edited by krugos; February 13, 2009 at 08:15pm.

World War Hulk - GN / Collection.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Just finished up Just after Sunset by Stephen King.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Heroic Warrior
    Paths of Darkness & Spearwielder's Tale by R.A. Salvatore (They're actually collections of his other books. The first one is actually some of his Forgotten Realms books in one Collector's Edition, and the second is the entire trilogy in one book.)
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Inside Narnia: Exploring The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by Dr. Devin Brown

Inside Prince Caspian by Dr. Devin Brown

Rereading Sex - Battles over Sexual Knowledge and Suppression in Nineteenth-Century America
    by Helen Lefkowitz Horowitz
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

The Indian in the Cupboard and the first three sequels.

Have not read them since childhood. God bless eBay.

Look out, Wayside School series. You're next.

Heroic Warrior
    The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman.

that's the last BOOK-book I bought.

I buy several comic titles a week.

Just started reading "The Traveling Vampire Show" by Richard Laymon

Now on page 176
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:

Star Wars Republic Commando Series omnibus edition Volume One (Contains Hard Contact and Triple Zero) Hardcover Book Club Exclusive By Karen Traviss

Star Wars Republic Commando Series omnibus edition Volume Two (Contains Order 66 and True Colors) Hardcover Book Club Exclusive By Karen Traviss

Both should be here sometime in March.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

The last books I bought were anything to do with the Phillies winning the World Series. Some of the happiest reading I've had in years!!!!!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

The fancy Suicide Girls coffee table book actually...
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

Heroic Warrior
    The last book i was gonna buy was The Heroin Diaries,, but then i was told the price..$35.00 that scared me off.

So i will say the little booklet, "The Antichrist". I got it from some religious site. looks like a good read.

One of the books a local computer magazine released in late '80s to early '90s, Bittinikkarin käsikirja. Basically a guide about electronics and how to make more gadgets to home computers.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

I just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy (same guy that wrote No Country for Old Men) it was fantastic. One of the best books I've read in a long time. It's a post-apocalyptic story about a man and his son. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalChemical View Post
    The fancy Suicide Girls coffee table book actually...
    How is it? I like those Suicide Girls with all their tattoos. Tattoos are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by killshacklefoot View Post
    the little booklet, "The Antichrist". I got it from some religious site. looks like a good read.
    Be careful about religious pamphlets. They're usually just a bunch of propaganda. I read one once that said the Catholic Pope would be the Antichrist. How would anyone know that? Anyway, if you want to read religious stuff, stick to the materials that promote the religion you're reading about, instead of stuff that bashes other religions.

Warrior of the Inferno Brimstone's Avatar
    Castaways by Brian Keene
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Eternia: The Dark Years: Enter Eternia a world that has fallen to the hands of the Evil Horde.
    Coming Soon:Roots 2: Fear stalks Primus. (A NA sequel to Roots by Brimstone and Thew40)

My art (mostly MOTU related ) please feel free to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    How is it? I like those Suicide Girls with all their tattoos. Tattoos are cool.
    Really freaking heavy.

Definitely worth the Amazon price, especially if you don't want a membership. The website updates way too much and there's too much chaff/ sets that look the same.
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

The Seance.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by LookAway View Post
    World War Z Man this book kicked ass. i was never so scared or anxious to read a book like i did this one. I highly recommend it.
    I second that. Not even finished with it and already I predict it'll be the best book I read all year. Fan of zombies or not--get this book. Besides, you want to be one of us who said we read it before the movie comes out...
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post

Be careful about religious pamphlets. They're usually just a bunch of propaganda. I read one once that said the Catholic Pope would be the Antichrist. How would anyone know that? Anyway, if you want to read religious stuff, stick to the materials that promote the religion you're reading about, instead of stuff that bashes other religions.

i appreciate the word o caution, but I just got it cause it was free, and well the subject matter
    which i srill havent read it all yet.

Secret Invasion - Graphic Novel
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Just read Monster Island by Wellington. It was so good I read it in one day. Now I just have to track down the next two.

"Gladiator" by Dan "Nitro" Clark about his days as an American Gladiator and abusing steroids for 20 years. But it's more than just another tell-all steroid story, Dan opens up about all of his inadequacies that led him to that road and the price he now pays for his selfishness. Riveting read.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...450%26sr%3D1-1

The place I moved to is right next to a Borders, so I've been buying books like crazy.

Coraline and The Graveyard Book, both by Neil Gaiman.

Favorite Wife: Escape from Polygamy by Susan Ray Schmidt. The author is actually the ex-sister-wife of Irene Spencer, whose book Shattered Dreams: My Life as a Polygamist's Wife I read last year and loved. Favorite Wife was just as good.

Goth Culture: Gender, Sexuality, and Style by Dunja Brill. I have a few Goth friends and really like the clothing style, so I wanted to learn more about the culture. This book is more academic than I'd thought it would be, but it's been very informative so far.

Peeps: Recipes and Crafts to Make with Your Favorite Marshmallow Treat by Charity Ferreira. I actually got this one at Cost Plus World Market. I love Peeps, and the ideas in this book are really cute.

Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall. Another book about life in a polygamous cult. I've been wanting to read this book ever since I finished the wonderful Escape by Carolyn Jessop, so I was excited to see it finally in paperback. I'm only a few pages in, but it's good so far.

Planet Cat: A Cat-alog by Sandra Choron et al. This book was just too cute to resist. I think I'm turning into Angela from The Office.
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements."

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be."

~Peter Gibbons, Office Space

"How 'bout you not judge? How 'bout you just love?"

~Me

Heroic Warrior
    Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card. Excellent book... It is set after Ender's Game but before Speaker.