Thread: Anyone else think the Slime Pit was gross?

Anyone else think the Slime Pit was gross?

Yeah, I thought the Slime Pit was gross but I got it anyway because it was MOTU and I loved MOTU. The Slime stunk, it was impossible to get off when it got into the crevices of your figures and just simply looked bad. I had it a part of my collection and only used it the first couple of times. Am I the only one who thinks this way?

I loved the Slime Pit when it first came out. I mean you had an ugly toy that came with a gross gooey substance. It was every boys dream.

My mom on the other hand was not a big fan. I got to use it once and got some on the rug, sadly that was the last I ever saw of my slime
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I liked the slime pit alright. I didn't have the heart to slime my figures though. I still like the toy because I like the slime pit in the stories. That and the stories didn't hurt my figures any. I forget where I read it but it's always been my understanding that the pit only exists because mattel had a lot of green goo to do something with.
    MOTUC Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post

My mom was not a big fan.
    Hahaha, same here, I loved it though..!

Heroic Somnambulist
    It was utterly gross.
    And that's why I loved it!
    Yeah, they must have had heaps of green goo to get rid of as the slime pit was resurrected in the King Arthur line

I never had the guts to put some of my figures in their to get slimed. I think I tried it with one of my broken figs and had fun with it, but I thought my figures were too valuable to me to get slimed.

I loooove the slime pit....I remember that I also had the ghostbusters slime and it was not as cool as He-man's. And unlike other members here, enjoyed slimeing up all my figures....

the slime pit was awesome, doubly so because when I first saw it in the store I thought it was fake (as I never heard of it before seeing it in the store) so I picked up the box to scoff at the bootleg toy, then I realized it was real and only $15!! I had to save up for it but i went back every week to look at it and the cool art, when I got it I was more than pleased, it was the coolest thing ever and only mossman, grizzlor and panthor were spared.

I even put slime in the moat of eternia, I would buy a cannister whenever I could. my mom thought it was nasty though

esp since the slime came out of the mouth AND nose of the skull!

and yep the GB slime wasn't near the quality of MOTU except it came with a ghost.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I figured one of you guys would agree with me but it seems like I'm the odd man out, I hated that thing. It make me wonder how unopened cans of slime have held up after all these years.

I have that, the 2002 slime pit and the Harry Potter slime Pit... and My kids love it... everyone gets slimed, turned into "Snake Men" then re-slimed... yea it gets everywhere and makes a mess, but watching my boys slime everyone, then have slime covered battles with vintage MOTU is good times!! These "pits" have to be some of the greatest inventions ever.
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    I LOVED my Slime Pit!! I got it for my 5th birthday, and I slimed everybody!! I only got 1 extra can of slime though. I left it sitting out one day, and our family dog wound up getting into it, and tracked it all over the carpet. Needless to say, no more slime.

Other than that, the only problem I had with my slime pit, was the 1 and only time I slimed my Sorceress figure, I went to wipe her off, and her eyes, and feathers came off!! To this day, my original Sorcerss figure has solid white eyes, because of my slime pit.
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

I love my Slime Pit but I have only had an excuse to play with it once. Anyone know what would happen if I slimed a PoP figure in it? What would that do to the hair???
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyTyler View Post
    I left it sitting out one day, and our family dog wound up getting into it, and tracked it all over the carpet. Needless to say, no more slime.
    Oh geez, it thought you were going to say your dog ate it. That would have been gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    I love my Slime Pit but I have only had an excuse to play with it once. Anyone know what would happen if I slimed a PoP figure in it? What would that do to the hair???
    Hold on and i'll go try it real quick with my spineralla figure........ just kidding.I know in real hair it just washes out, well at least little sister hair it does.

I loved my slime pit and oddly miss the smell of the slime.I had gotten it for christmas it was my biggest motu christmas ever.I never slimed anyone buzz-off always saved them in the nic of time,which sucked becuase i really wanted to slime them.

The Slime Pit was one of the grossest toys ever! I recognize the marketing genius of it though, as that is exactly why it was the perfect toy for most little boys. I played with my friend's Slime Pit, and I had fun with it, but I never got one. I was lucky enough to know someone who had like the whole collection, so whenever I wanted to play with toys I didn't have yet, I'd go see Justin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    Hold on and i'll go try it real quick with my spineralla figure........ just kidding.I know in real hair it just washes out, well at least little sister hair it does.
    Okay, there's a story here and I want to hear it!
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    The Slime Pit was one of the grossest toys ever!
    Yes!!! Someone agrees with me, I knew there was someone out there.

Amen brother!

I'm gonna say it right here and right now. I find the Slime Pit vastly overrated. *runs and hides* I for one never cared for the idea of dunking nasty slime all over my precious toys and never understood the appeal

cyber-assassin
    got my slime pit for 1.00 at a yard sale, and loved it after chipping the crusted slime off. never used slime in it, just imaginary slime. The slime itself I loved also but just played with it by itself.
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

Slime pit as a play set ... it ruled and looked awesome.....
    but the actual slime it self... WAS AWFUL... as a child i learned to steer clear of motu slime... some reason it stuck to things more often than not and was not easy to get off ... i was more a fan of the ghostbuster slime.. this was the far better recipe for slime..
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

My mom was NOT a fan of the slime concept and forebade it.

As an adult, I now have the Slime Pit with no slime. But I have to admit, I have the urge to slime something, just once. Is there an acceptable similar slime that is sold now?

The playset itself I like just fine. However, even as a kid, I didn't like the idea of putting slime on my figures. Too messy, and didn't want to damage the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    My mom was NOT a fan of the slime concept and forebade it.

As an adult, I now have the Slime Pit with no slime. But I have to admit, I have the urge to slime something, just once. Is there an acceptable similar slime that is sold now?
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...ighlight=slime
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Never cared for slime. I had a few things that used it, but I never put slime on my figures. You do that once, you pretty much learn quick that it basically ruins a toy. I used to like that there was slime in every gumball machine of various colors and such for 25 cents. That was pretty cool... But I almost never used it on toys.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I have a few dragon references in my 'Masters Quest game' and I used the slime pit as a symbol or image of Granamyr's skull.

..but no slime is involved, ever.

Thanks, dorrmann! I'm gonna slime away! :-D