Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini subs did not go through-refunds pending

Mini subs did not go through-refunds pending

Just received this from @mattycollector via twitter

@MattyCollector: Minis Update: unfortunately we didn't reach our subscription goal; refunds in 7-10 biz days. New MOTU in the works so stay tuned!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Dang I was hoping to get them. Some fantastic sculpts.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

This is the longer version of that statement, which they posted on Facebook.

MOTU Minis Update: These little guys had a big task and we’re sorry to say we didn't reach our goal for the 2015 MOTU Minis subscription. We’d like to say a HUGE thank you to all the fans for waging such a good, strong fight. For those of you who did subscribe, refunds will be issued in the next 7-10 business days.

Though we didn't win the war, the battle for Eternia will continue with our awesome 2015 Classics lineup. The team is also hard at work behind the scenes to bring you exciting new MOTU products, so stay tuned for more info to come!
    - Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

To be expected, given the weak sales. Alas, looking forward to "exciting new MOTU products" to come!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    New MOTU in the works so stay tuned!
    I'm especially bummed for my son on these. He was the sole reason I was even going to buy them -- he would have enjoyed playing with them, and building the castle and snake mountain.

But my question is what do they mean 'new MOTU in the works'??? Are they lining up another round of dissappointment when it doesnt go through?

Heroic Warrior
    bummer. I hope we still get the ones already in production at least.

Even though the sub didn't make it, they still should be releasing at least the first couple of sets.. I would think anyway.

They would have already needed to have gone into production to hit that first January 2015 release date. They haven't said either way about individual releases, but I'm still hoping for the first couple of sets. That She-Ra VS Horde Troopers is too cool.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Even though the sub didn't make it, they still should be releasing at least the first couple of sets.. I would think anyway.

They would have already needed to have gone into production to hit that first January 2015 release date. They haven't said either way about individual releases, but I'm still hoping for the first couple of sets. That She-Ra VS Horde Troopers is too cool.
    I agree, in fact not only are some of them already in production they're all sculpted if memory serves me right from the pics. except the Orko and Hordak...So who knows...

I'm not surprised - Matty barely promoted them. But we'll probably get the ones already in production, just no Snake Mountain, and probably none of the newer previewed ones.

This is sad news. My daughter loves these, and so do I.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I'm really bummed. I really liked the little guys. That being said, glad we'll likely get a couple more sets. it'll be a nice little collection.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I'd bet they end up releasing the whole year of product DOS anyway.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Sad news for those who had an interest.

Personally I think at $20 plus Digital River Shipping, these were just way too overpriced. Plus this sub comes at the worst possible time, when people are trying to budget for Christmas, a main MOTUC sub, a Mini Sub, expensive out of sub items like the Battle Ram, and potentially other MOTU product like the giants.

If they had been about $20 shipped, that may have gone over better. But that shipping cost had to be considered, and it is quite significant.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Bummer about the Mini's sub... but now my interest is hyper-piqued at "exciting new MOTU products."

MOTU (minus the C) so, not associated with Classics?? And "products" as in, maybe figures, plushies, socks, towels, cosplay, video games?!?!? Please tell us MORE Mattel!!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I am not happy about this. I was looking forward to the 2015 line-up. I just felt that Evil-Lyn and Teela should have featured somewhere. Hopefully we wil atleast see She-Ra & Horde Trooper pack and maybe the Snake Mountain Diarama. It should be in Production already!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Quote Originally Posted by Pottie View Post
    I am not happy about this. I was looking forward to the 2015 line-up. I just felt that Evil-Lyn and Teela should have featured somewhere. Hopefully we wil atleast see She-Ra & Horde Trooper pack and maybe the Snake Mountain Diarama. It should be in Production already!!!
    Well it didn't half take long enough for them to give us an announcement! I had a feeling it would be this though. A real shame. I was totally excited and up for them! Like others have said here I just hope that they release a one off set comprising of the first 2 packs and snake mountain to round off the collection for those off us who have supported the 2014 figures. But doubtful...

As for "exciting new products"...one can only guess what that might mean? It could just be the upcoming busts, along with further popcultcha statues, Giants etc or perhaps something new. We'll see...

To some extent I feel really let down by this news...part of me is strongly thinking about listing the whole lot of figures and castle grayskull pieces I have in one fowl lot on ebay and get some money back...maybe I could use that money to get an iconic heroes Castle Grayskull...honestly, it looks way better anyway...what do you think? I just don't think I can be bothered throwing another $35.00 come December 15th on the last dud pack....grrrrrr
    Last edited by PowerofGygor; December 3, 2014 at 02:49am.
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerofGygor View Post
    Well it didn't half take long enough for them to give us an announcement! I had a feeling it would be this though. A real shame. I was totally excited and up for them! Like others have said here I just hope that they release a one off set comprising of the first 2 packs and snake mountain to round off the collection for those off us who have supported the 2014 figures. But doubtful...

As for "exciting new products"...one can only guess what that might mean? It could just be the upcoming busts, along with further popcultcha statues, Giants etc or perhaps something new. We'll see...

To some extent I feel really let down by this news...part of me is strongly thinking about listing the whole lot of figures and castle grayskull pieces I have in one fowl lot on ebay and get some money back...maybe I could use that money to get an iconic heroes Castle Grayskull...honestly, it looks way better anyway...what do you think? I just don't think I can be bothered throwing another $35.00 come December 15th on the last dud pack....grrrrrr
    Just do what I am going to do and pass on the last pack. I never bought these due to the price of shipping. I picked up the first five sets on the cyber monday sale with free shipping but after this announcement, I think I will just return them and put that money towards something else. Webstor was what really sold me on the line and made me pull the trigger on the 2014 line. Without the prospect of him, I kind of lost interest in all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
    Just do what I am going to do and pass on the last pack. I never bought these due to the price of shipping. I picked up the first five sets on the cyber monday sale with free shipping but after this announcement, I think I will just return them and put that money towards something else. Webstor was what really sold me on the line and made me pull the trigger on the 2014 line. Without the prospect of him, I kind of lost interest in all of them.
    Thanks for the advice, and yes I feel the same. Just feel like my interest in them has died. Mainly because I thought that these little guys would run for a few years and allow me to obtain figures I couldn't afford in MOTUC size, but you know what maybe I should just knuckle down and do my best to collect MOTUC along with the upcoming busts INSTEAD. I paid $50 for one pack...god what a fool i've been! The first 3 I got for $100 shipped and the MAA / Faker I was lucky to purchase during cyber monday sales. Kept the packaging for the 4 opened packs, going to repack them and move them on. Nuts to this
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    This is another thing I hate about this subscription business model. Now we have started this line, and are stuck with just a handful of figures. It is really frustrating.

I hope this makes Mattel think long and hard about how to promote the 2016 line, whatever it may become. They can't just rely on a social media presence and a pushy line manager. IMO, the comic needs to be actively promoting MattyCollector in some way, perhaps with each issue promoting that month's figure.

These little guys would be better off promoted to the kids market IMO. In the wake of Skylanders and the like, I can imagine them being snapped up in a heartbeat with the right promotion.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I hope this makes Mattel think long and hard about how to promote the 2016 line, whatever it may become. They can't just rely on a social media presence and a pushy line manager. IMO, the comic needs to be actively promoting MattyCollector in some way, perhaps with each issue promoting that month's figure.
    The comic is the only media presence MOTU has (and probably will have in the next few years until/if the movie comes out) so I can definitely see the 2016 line based around characters/designs from it. It gives a reason to re-release A-list characters, plus D-list characters that haven't been released yet in Classics could appear, helping to push sales of those. The Fighting Foe Men etc would likely have been much more warmly welcomed if they'd first been (well-written!) characters in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    The comic is the only media presence MOTU has (and probably will have in the next few years until/if the movie comes out) so I can definitely see the 2016 line based around characters/designs from it. It gives a reason to re-release A-list characters, plus D-list characters that haven't been released yet in Classics could appear, helping to push sales of those. The Fighting Foe Men etc would likely have been much more warmly welcomed if they'd first been (well-written!) characters in the comic.
    Agreed. I'd prefer any 'new' characters either be existing favourites (Granita, Vultak etc) or have a purpose in the story (Despara, Saryn etc). I don't need entire issues of brand new characters like the MOTUC minis have had. I find it all a bit lazy and, frankly, transparent. Most casual comic buyers are more savvy than to accept a glorified toy advert as a story.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

This is disappointing but not unexpected news, given the sales thermometer.

I do hope, as others have said, that Mattel still offer the first few offerings for sale on Mattycollector on the basis that presumably these are already deep into production.

I do think if they offered a special convention or other pack just with 2-3 Horde Troopers, in addition to (and after) the She-Ra vs HT 2-pak, they would sell more of these. Doesn't matter if its just a line of 20 characters, always need more than 1 Horde Trooper.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

No surprise here. They were way too expensive for they are.

Not sure why people bought them if they don't like them enough to want to keep them unless new ones are released though? Seems pointless.

They really need to stop trying to make so much "extra" off these little things. If they'd just charge less (like other companies do for similar size/quality product) they'd be sure to sell a ton more, which would make them more money overall at the end of the day. There's no way in hell that these are costing Mattel anywhere near $10 per figure to make. So drop the price gouging already, and watch the figures actually sell. It's sad really, cause it seems like people really want these things. I know I'd buy em if they were like $10 per 2 pack, given the online only aspect. But even then, I think that's pushing it for what we're getting.

Oh well, it's so like mattel as usual. Charge way too much for something, and conclude that it's not worth continuing because people aren't willing to WAY-Overpay for something.