Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MotUC Figures Compatible with 80's MotU Vehicles???

MotUC Figures Compatible with 80's MotU Vehicles???

I recently got my Skeletor in the mail & was so excited to actually get a MotUC figure finally as I missed He-man & Beast Man. I had my old MotU figures out & was curious to see if Skeletor could fit inside the Landshark vehicle. To my surprise I found out that he can! It's not a VERY tight fit, but he CAN sit in there. The jaws can't open as much as you have to put his feet inside the mouth partly (that'll hurt when it bites down ), but other then that he can totally drive that thing.

This got me thinking: can any OTHER of the old 80's MotU vehicles handle MotUC figures?? I have to dig out some of my older vehicles & see, but I only have a few to try out. I'm pretty sure the Blaster Hawk is MotUC compatible as there's nothing to stop the feet from going forward, but what about the Battle Ram? Or the Attak Trak??

This brings another interesting point to light: if the old vehicles can hold the new figures, does this mean Mattel could re-release the old vehicles at some point with slight/to no modifications to allow MotUC figures to ride inside them???

I'll have pictures of my Skeletor hanging out in the Landshark up later, gotta dig out some other old vehicles & see what else fits.

~Co-Lec-Tor
    "Heroic Master of Collecting!"

Seriously? I thought they would look goofy, so I really want to see some pics. As far as Mattel rereleasing them, they would have to buy them first on ebay and what not I bet.

I just feel like it would be too funny looking though. They may fit, but that don't mean they look good lol...Maybe I'm wrong.
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Mer-Man Coming April 15th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

He-Man fits in Talon Fighter just fine. However, Talon Fighter is designed to carry two warriors. On the other hand, Point Dread is just too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm-Ore View Post
    He-Man fits in Talon Fighter just fine. However, Talon Fighter is designed to carry two warriors. On the other hand, Point Dread is just too small.
    He fits, but does he look good in there? That would be awesome if he does. Same with Stridor, and Rotton.
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

He looks fine in there. The size of He-Man makes Talon Fighter look like a compact one-man fighter jet. I personally like it. Too bad I cannot take a picture for you. I hope someone with Talon Fighter can help out and post the picture here.

That's great to hear! It might be ebay time now lol.
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

Heroic Warrior
    This is quite ironic, as I had my Battle-ram out and about 10 min ago sat my MOTUC He-man on it... He might as well be strateling the missle launcher half, he is way too big for the thing.

Oh well, I'll just have to make my own.

Think I'll try the attack Trak and the Road Ripper later, but also thinking of trying out the 200X vehicles as well.

When Hordaks released I'm so opening my classic Slime Pit I have in the wardrobe!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Anybody have any pictures to share
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Ok, busted out my Artilleray, Battle Ram & Landshark so I could take some pics with MotUC Skeletor astride them. It...kinda works for some of the vehicles, so look at the pics & see what you think:

Skeletor on Artilleray:

Okay, he KINDA fits on this one, but it's pushing it. He can do something the older MotU figures couldn't do on it though: actually grab the handles. Problem is, due to the way his legs are designed, he can't get a really low crouching position, so he can only really hold on with 1 hand. It looks OK, but with an older figure, their torso's are protected- here he's totally exposed.

Skeletor on Battle Ram:

Like manowar said above, the MotUC figures juuust fit on here. He doesn't look TOO bad (no pun intended ~_^ ) on the vehicle when it's combined...only problem is when you fire the missile it hits him in the back of the head, LOL. When I get Stratos, I'll pop him on & see if he fits better as the Beast Man body is a tad shorter. Also what's a shame is, you can ALMOST have him hold the handles, but his arms are just to short/his legs are too long.

annnd on the Sky Sled portion:

This works so-so, he can kinda grasp the handles now, just not with both hands really. I had to do a slight balancing act to achieve this photo, but maybe with some fiddling it could work better.

Skeletor on the Landshark:

Now, this was the one that had the BEST results IMO, he can sit down in it fully, just about touch/grab both of the handles on the vehicle & doesn't look like he's riding around on his children's toys. He may sit a little high in the vehicle, but since he has room for his feet (& I'll get to this in a minute) he can slink down a bit more then in the other 2 vehicles. The only thing to note is, his feet DO stick out past the foot stops. The best way I found to put him in it, was to take the top jaw off the vehicle, put skelly in, then replace the jaw. It will still click in place fine, it just won't be able to open as widely as it should.

Skeletor holding the Landshark's laser canon:

The old toy can do this too, just now it doesn't look as huge. Granted it's still a BIG cannon, but with MotUC Skeletor holding it, it doesn't look as oddly-huge. I always wondered why it didn't make mention of this on the toy itself, that you can have a figure hold this. Ah well.

Well, there are some pics for you all to enjoy & I'll have more up once I find more vehicles to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm-Ore View Post
    He looks fine in there. The size of He-Man makes Talon Fighter look like a compact one-man fighter jet. I personally like it. Too bad I cannot take a picture for you. I hope someone with Talon Fighter can help out and post the picture here.
    Coolness! Gah, now I have to find a MotUC He-Man AND a Point Dread/Talon Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Think I'll try the attack Trak and the Road Ripper later, but also thinking of trying out the 200X vehicles as well.
    I have the Spitbull & Battle Bones 200X vehicles, I should've brought them with me when I took the pics of Skeletor. >_< Ahh well, I think I dis-assemlbed my Battle Bones anyways so I could put it back in it's box for storage. Maybe I'll bust it out again to add to my MotUC display when I have more then 1 figure LoL.

Heeeeyyy....You just gave me an idea Toymaker: if Mattel isn't able to re-release the original vehicles with/without re-tooling them to accommodate the new, larger figures....could they re-release the 200X series Battle Bones for use in the MotUC line??? I mean there aren't 8 figures made yet to fill it up, but there should be soon. I'd think it would be easier to re-release this toy seeing as the odds of them still having access to this mold is more liekly then them finding/having those from the old 80's vehicles. Plus, it'd be a perfect way to provide a retro-style carry case to collector's of MotUC. :-D

AND, if they wanted to old-school it up a bit more, they could just do some new tooling for the eyes & tail (removing the launching missile) to make it look more like a magically animated skeleton then a mechanically animated one? I know the eye pieces are separate on this toy, so replacing them with bone eye sockets should be easier then re-sculpting the whole head... but then the cost of tooling the new parts comes into effect. Still...seeing this MotU vehicle being brought back is not that far fetched.

When Hordaks released I'm so opening my classic Slime Pit I have in the wardrobe!
    DUDE & you can totally re-create the box art now, you just need classics Beast Man & you're all set! ^_^

*thinks*

Okay, now the fact that my GF got me the Fright Zone playset for my Birthday just got even more awesome; Hordak is TOTALLY going in there when I get him in June. *GASP!!* SWEET FANCY MONKEYS! I can put him on the Mantisaur too!!! NIIIIICEEE!!
    And he should totally be able to fit on there too, I don't mind if his feet can fit on the stirups (??), the fact that he'll be able to ride it makes it totally worthwhile. Come on Mattel, we need more evil horde guys so I can put them on their old vehicles LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Robin View Post
    Seriously? I thought they would look goofy, so I really want to see some pics. As far as Mattel rereleasing them, they would have to buy them first on ebay and what not I bet.
    Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot they had to do that with the Commemorative MotU line as the original molds were LONG since melted down & used for other things (I think they'd said the molds are "now a better part of the new Hong Kong airport" or something along those lines). Okay...so maybe the odds of them being re-released are not that good...but that doesn't mean we can't use the original vehicles ourselves. Gah, now I want to dig out my Nightstalker so I can put MotUC Skelly on him...

~Co-Lec-Tor
    Last edited by Co-Lec-Tor; February 14, 2009 at 11:13am.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Cool!!
    I don't think these figs would fit too well in the attak trak or Dragon walker though. They can't really sit down too well with their stiff-as-a-board lioncloths & I don't want to ruin the figures by trying to force-fit them. any vehicle that they can stand up in should work fine though.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Very good, it looks like they work in perfectly!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:

The added articulation points on these figures is exactly what makes them so versatile even if they are larger than the vintage MOTU. I tried it too and they fit almost everywhere just fine.
    Let the power return!!

Oh man, if only Mattel would at least make the Sky Sled. It is what He-Man, Teela, and Man-At-Arms used the most often, and would be cool to have at least one of those. Even Skeletor flew one around. A Wind Raider would be nice, but that craft is much larger, and I don't think Mattel would be up for making that, at least not for a while. The Sky Sled would be more feasable though. Come on Mattel...

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Hat View Post
    Oh man, if only Mattel would at least make the Sky Sled. It is what He-Man, Teela, and Man-At-Arms used the most often, and would be cool to have at least one of those. Even Skeletor flew one around. A Wind Raider would be nice, but that craft is much larger, and I don't think Mattel would be up for making that, at least not for a while. The Sky Sled would be more feasable though. Come on Mattel...
    You've just reminded me, Mattel did mention back in the 200X line that a Wind Raider was planned (and it did feature heavily in the MYP series)

What I am wondering, is how far along did they get with it, and if it is nearly complete, would it hold MOTUC figures? Because if so there's a vehicle that wouldn't need tooling, just producing, and would pretty much be a guaranteed seller! Think I'll ask this in WTFWTK!
    Tweet Me!

You've just reminded me, Mattel did mention back in the 200X line that a Wind Raider was planned (and it did feature heavily in the MYP series)

What I am wondering, is how far along did they get with it, and if it is nearly complete, would it hold MOTUC figures? Because if so there's a vehicle that wouldn't need tooling, just producing, and would pretty much be a guaranteed seller! Think I'll ask this in WTFWTK!
    That is a great idea, Toymaker! I do remember that being clearly stated in relation to the 2002 line that a Wind Raider vehicle was indeed on the way, however, the line moved from action figures to the NECA Statues and Busts collector's series direction. It is a great question to ask in a WTFWTK?

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Good question, that would be awesome!!

I can't imagine that they went to the trouble of spending a lot of money on expensive tooling for a Wind Raider, but never produced it. I wouldn't hold my breath that there's molds out there just waiting to be filled for a Wind Raider.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    If mattel made a wind raider prototype for the 200x line, what did it look like? I mean, considering that they made a "Battle ram chariot" that looked nothing like the battle ram, or the bashing beetle that was not the bashasarus, would the wind raider even resemble the 80's version?

I know the 4HM only made a few of the ships for the 200x line, but I would have really likes to have seen the classic toys remade with the same treatment as the MOTUC figures. So much of the 80's toys were simplefied for production and could have so much more detail now.

The only problem I see is the cost. I mean, if the MOTUC figures are about 4 times the cost of the 80's figures because they are a collector figure and produced in limited runs, would a $20 ship produced in the 80's now cost $80 through matty?
    Last edited by manowar; February 15, 2009 at 07:20pm.

He Man fits in the windraider, but sadly doesn`t sit all the way down

Anyone know if motuc Skeletor fits in spydor ? I'd go straight to ebay and buy Spydor if he does as that was one of my favorite vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    If mattel made a wind raider prototype for the 200x line, what did it look like? I mean, considering that they made a "Battle ram chariot" that looked nothing like the battle ram, or the bashing beetle that was not the bashasarus, would the wind raider even resemble the 80's version?

I know the 4HM only made a few of the ships for the 200x line, but I would have really likes to have seen the classic toys remade with the same treatment as the MOTUC figures. So much of the 80's toys were simplefied for production and could have so much more detail now.

The only problem I see is the cost. I mean, if the MOTUC figures are about 4 times the cost of the 80's figures because they are a collector figure and produced in limited runs, would a $20 ship produced in the 80's now cost $80 through matty?
    You would think that the Wind Raider, if it ever got to production stage, would be similar to the one in the cartoon, which wasn't a million miles away from the classic one!
    Tweet Me!

New pictures!

Just got my MotUC Stratos in the mail yesterday & tried seating in him a few vehicles.

Stratos in the Blaster Hawk:

Kinda works ok. Legs stick out a bit farther then the old figures & they look weird...but then again ALL MotU figures looked weird when sitting in this postion. It works really well too, although when I eventually have another non-flying heroic warrior figure, I'll have to put that toy there (no reason for a flying man to fly in a ship...unless of course he's lazy or wants to blaster-hawk Skeletor).

Stratos in the Spit Bull:

Okay, I know this is a 200X vehicle, but it always had that 80's MotU feel to it (one of the better vehicles from that line IMO). He fits inside PERFECTLY, as this scale vehicle is a bit closer to MotUC then the old MotU stuff is. Stratos does look a little big in it, but these toys are beefier then the 200X ones so I guess that's to be expected.

Stratos in the 200X Battle Bones:

Fits like a glove. The waists on the MotUC figures is just a teeeeny bit larger then the 200X series ones, but not so much that the Battle Bones isn't compatible with them. I really, REALLY like how this Battle Bones works so well with the MotUC figures.

I had to take Stratos' jetpack off to fit him in it, BUT I don't look at that as a drawback.....

...you're supposed to have the accessories inside the battle bones anyway. ~_^

More pics will come as soon as I dig out more vehicles. I almost didn't have the Battle Bones to photograph as I'd (apparently) put it away somewhere & totally forgot where it was. Luckily I found it & was able to share some pics of it with you guys. I totally wanna try & re-making the eyes for this thing, I could just sculpt over the mechanical ones & make them more bone like. Hrmm...a future project maybe...

~Co-Lec-Tor

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Wow. I have never seen the 200x battle bones before. How did I miss that? That thing is sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Wow. I have never seen the 200x battle bones before. How did I miss that? That thing is sweet.
    It came out at the tail end of the 200X line, during the MotU vs the Snake Men stuff. I never saw it at a store or anything either. I got mine for like $19.99 off of ToyNK.com or something waaay back when it came out. It's really a very awesome looking piece & the only real 80's vehicle/accessory that got re-made in the 200X line.

What's interesting about this one vs the 80's version, is the old one was created by magic (a prehistoric skeleton that was animated by Skeletor in one of the mini-comics) where as this newer one appears to have been animated with cybernetics. It's empty eye sockets are instead cybernetic ones, it's legs have circuitry on them & it's tail has a missile launcher on the tip. Instead of having the spine be the handle on this version, the tail flips over the back, locks into place behind the neck & walla: you have a handle. It also has wheels on it's feet to easier have it march with people across your floor. ;-)

~Co-Lec-Tor