Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MotUC Figures Compatible with 80's MotU Vehicles???

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I've got an original sky sled ready to hold someone, but hadn't tried it yet. Pretty much everything else vintage I have is already occupied with the old figures (except for Spydor, which, if old Bone Head fits, would look really cool with these figures, as it's one of the more detailed old vehicles).

Just like the figure molds (they had to make all new molds for the commemorative line), I'm sure Mattel junked the vehicle molds years ago. A shame, as Hasbro has been having all the fun re-releasing 80's vehicles with the new Joe line.

I really think a re-release of the 2002 Battle Bones is an brilliant idea; it's close enough in concept to the original, but detailed enough for the new figures. I'm wagering a lot of folks missed it the first time around, so I think there would be a strong market for it. A new Sky Sled might also be possible, given the way the line is selling right now. Recall, any expansion of the line depended on sales, and those seem to be going far better than expected. Bigger stuff might be a push, but I'd think a classic styled Sky Sled would be within reason as far as size, production and price go.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Just like the figure molds (they had to make all new molds for the commemorative line), I'm sure Mattel junked the vehicle molds years ago. A shame, as Hasbro has been having all the fun re-releasing 80's vehicles with the new Joe line.
    Yeah, after I put some thought into it, seeing the old vehicles re-released isn't a reality unless they completely start from scratch (which I don't see them doing until a ways into the line at least). I don't know what stopped Mattel from keeping the molds the same way that Hasbro kept theirs for G.I. Joe; maybe the two factories were different??

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I really think a re-release of the 2002 Battle Bones is an brilliant idea; it's close enough in concept to the original, but detailed enough for the new figures. I'm wagering a lot of folks missed it the first time around, so I think there would be a strong market for it. A new Sky Sled might also be possible, given the way the line is selling right now. Recall, any expansion of the line depended on sales, and those seem to be going far better than expected. Bigger stuff might be a push, but I'd think a classic styled Sky Sled would be within reason as far as size, production and price go.
    Oh totally. A Sky Sled would be a nice, starter vehicle/accessory for the line as it is small, affordable & can be used on numerous figures without much problems.

Re-releasing the 200X Battle Bones would really just have to depend on if Mattel still has the molds for it & as it's only a 6 year old vehicle, there's a better chance of still having it then for the 80's stuff. If they DO decide to re-release it (with or without re-tooled parts to make it more skeletal & less cybernetic), I'd not want to see it until they have at least 8 figures made in the line already (so you could actually fill it up). By June we'll be at the 8 figure mark, which will be a good point to really tell if the line is a big enough seller to warrant that type of vehicle.

~Co-Lec-Tor
    "Heroic Master of Collecting!"

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    Please people!!! POST MORE PHOTOS OF THIS SUBJECT!!! Motuc's on 80's vehicles!!!!

The only one I have done so far is Skeletor on Panthor. Going to try with Battlebones and Nightstalker as soon as i get them down from the loft.

Looks good!!!!

Thanks for sharing the nifty pics! They look good there, but it only makes me want updates even more!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

GREAT PICS!! Tha battle ram, and the cats! still look good with these figures!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Pic!

More to come soonish (man I need more MotU vehicles LoL), especially when Hordak comes out in June. I have the Slime Pit, Fright Zone playset AND the Mantisaur for him to hang out in/ride on.

I know I have Stridor, the Road Ripper, the Bionatops, Turbodacytl, Beam Blaster & Stilt Stalkers to take pictures with (although the Stilt Stalkers WON'T fit Stratos' feet so that's definetly not compatible).

~Co-Lec-Tor

I tried He-man opn the road ripper but his legs are to long and his ankles end up pushing along the ground, very painful!
    Im trying to find up Spidor but im not sure if Skellys legs will be to long or not.

Thanks for the awesome pictures. The sky sled looks pretty cool if not a bit small. I'd love to see how they look on Attack Track, Talon Fighter, Wind Raider though. If anyone has those, please post.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

I'll try and find them up. I thing they will be to big to fit in the wind raider and attack trac though. because He-mans pants are so hard they have left a little dent in his thigh from where I have pushed his legs up to get him in vehicles.

Okay, it's been a couple of months, but now that I got some more MotU Classics figures I can now post more pictures.

Here's all my current figures (aside from Hordak, whom I'll get to in a moment..) in my 2002 Battle Bones:

Side Angled view

Top view

Everyone fits pretty easily, only Stratos & Zodac need to take their armor off to snap in place snuggly. It's not too bad though, as it all fits inside the Battle Bones mouth for storage anyways.

Now for Hordak. I had the Mantisaur since the mid-90's back before old MotU stuff got in demand and the prices of MIB items went up, but never had a good Hordak to put on it. I finally got the original Hordak from my GF for my birthday, so he was sitting on this until the MotUC Hordak came out (which again I owe getting to my GF as she didn't have work that day). I pulled the Mantisaur out & took these pics of him with MotUC Hordak:

Riding the Mantisaur

The Mantisaur attacking Skeletor!

With Hordak astride the Mantisaur, he can make short work of any enemy

Hordak fits fairly well on the Mantisaur, only things that get in the way are the feet stirups (his legs are too long to fit in them) & his own cape hinders him sitting best. The laser cannon on the back of the Mantisaur actually helps keep Hordak's cape at a decent angle and still looking cool. Since the Mantisaur is so much bigger then say Battle Cat or Panthor, Hordak doesn't appear too out of scale while riding it. Oh & the Mantisaur's arms are not strong enough to really hold a MotUC figure up in the air with aid, I managed to get it to hold Skeletor for a litle while though.

It's still a very awesome piece to go with your MotUC Hordak, so if you don't own one I recomend finding one. After all, Hordak is the only Evil Horde member out so far, and he can use an ally for the time being. I have the Fright Zone playset too, but can't get to it right now. As soon as I do, expect to see pictures right here on this thread.

When He-Ro comes out, I'll have pictures of him on my Turbodactyl, as he's the only figure to be announced so far that should be riding it IMO.

~Co-Lec-Tor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Wow. I have never seen the 200x battle bones before. How did I miss that? That thing is sweet.
    of course its sweet, it's 200X!

this thread really makes me want a Land Shark, tho!

now let's see some MOTUC in the SLIME PIT.

Wow, Hordak sure looks sweet on Mantisaur!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    of course its sweet, it's 200X!

this thread really makes me want a Land Shark, tho!

now let's see some MOTUC in the SLIME PIT.
    I have a Slime Pit, but was gonna wait for a Hordak to open it, but that's probably gonna be at least a year now!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Co-Lec-Tor View Post
    What's interesting about this one vs the 80's version, is the old one was created by magic (a prehistoric skeleton that was animated by Skeletor in one of the mini-comics) where as this newer one appears to have been animated with cybernetics. It's empty eye sockets are instead cybernetic ones, it's legs have circuitry on them & it's tail has a missile launcher on the tip.
    They probably designed it to look like the remains of a Preternian Powers of Grayskull dinosaur.

Last edited by Rodster6; July 8, 2009 at 01:43pm.

Wind Raider!

He kind-of fits in the Wind Raider.

Court Magician

MOTUC Figure Compatibility w/ Original Wind Raider

Thread got merged, funnily enough directly below the answer to my question. Looks like He-man is a tight squeeze inside of the Wind Raider, bummer. I love that thing. Guess I'll have to hope I win the lotto and be able to fund my own toy manufacturing facility
    Last edited by Bowl-Cut Barbarian; August 20, 2009 at 07:08pm.

Anyone try and sit one of these guys on a vintage Attak Trak?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin L. View Post
    Anyone try and sit one of these guys on a vintage Attak Trak?
    Yeah, but couldn't get em to sit right
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Yeah, but couldn't get em to sit right
    Busted out a Roton and an Attack Trak the other night... Tri-Klops didn't fit well in either (You can kind of finagle him into the Roton, but barely). He looked cool standing next to them, tho'. Didn't try my Land Shark or Spydor but I think both would have just about enough clearance.

Just took some of He-Man in my new Talon Fighter:

[img]Photobucket[/img]

[img]Photobucket[/img]
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I'm glad to see that He-Man fits inside the Talon Fighter. I don't mind that it's small as it could be a small, light aircraft.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!