Thread: I'm going to write a She-Ra screenplay, and I need a little help

I'm going to write a She-Ra screenplay, and I need a little help

Recently I started working on ideas for a She-Ra movie to compliment the He-Man movie currently in the works. Now I can’t stop. I’ll post a detailed rundown in a little bit, but first I was hoping for some feedback on a couple of points.

I am banking on a few things. I'm hoping that the final shooting script for the He-Man movie will be a lot closer to the He-Man mythology we all know and love than the current draft. I'm hoping that anything I write can be rewritten to conform to the continuity of the movie they eventually make. I'm hoping that the She-Ra movie would be done after the second (or possibly third) movie in a He-Man film series.

I'm also still doing research, watching old episodes of She-Ra and such.

I have a few questions I wanted to run past you guys:
    •Are Castle Bright Moon and the Crystal Castle, like, THE SAME CASTLE? If they’re not, how precisely are they different?
    •Is there an alternate backstory on She-Ra’s sword? On the cartoon, it was one of the Two Swords of Grayskull, He-Man’s being the other. But in other media, such as the mini-comics, the Two Swords were He-Man’s and Skeletor’s sword, which is the direction they appear to be going in the movie. So where does She-Ra’s sword come from in those versions?
    •Is there an official explanation for where She-Ra’s sword was before the events of SotS?
    •King Grayskull, who roughly resembles He-Man, was the champion of Eternia in ancient times. What if we establish another champion for Etheria who fought in ancient times and roughly resembles She-Ra? And maybe these two champions formed an alliance of some kind back then? Is there any precedent for that kind of thing?
    •At the beginning of SotS, when Adora is serving Hordak, how does she think she got there? What’s the cover story?

The plot of my movie would stick very close to Secret of the Sword, with a few exceptions:
    •Naturally, everything will be amped up, the battles more violent, the villains smarter and more evil, the effects bigger, that kind of thing.
    •Bow is not an official member of the Rebellion at the beginning; he’s more of a rogue who shows up occasionally to help out and then disappears again. At the end of the movie, he will officially join.
    •Shadow Weaver has no spell that magically keeps Adora evil and loyal to the Horde. Instead, she simply modifies her memories any time she sees something she shouldn’t. She’s been doing this for years. In the presence of the sword, the spell is weakening and Adora’s memories about the Horde are coming to light.
    •The mission to free Queen Angella from Hunga is primarily a way for Adora to prove to Glimmer and the other rebels that she's one of the good guys now.
    •Queen Angella learns that Adora and She-Ra are the same person. (He-Man got Man-At-Arms and Sorceress. His sister gets two sidekicks and a sentient beam of light. That isn't fair.)
    •Adora won’t go to Eternia in this movie. She and Adam will go in the sequel.
    Other differences have to do with the specific characters, which I’ll go into later.

I liked the UK comics story where Horde Prime originally split the power sword, with He-Man getting one half and Skeletor the other. Then when I heard the movie was using the mini comics two power swords idea, I immedieatly set about trying to figure out how She-Ra would be able to exist in a way that is still true to her origin. I reckon when Adam unites the swords of Light and Darkness in the new movie, releasing King Grayskulls power and becoming He-Man. The sword of darkness could also be changed at this time to become the sword of protection. Basically She-Ra would inherit Skeletor's sword, because like the Sword of Darkness, Adora also would have come from darkness (serving the horde) into light. Just an idea!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    ...because like the Sword of Darkness, Adora also would have come from darkness (serving the horde) into light. Just an idea!
    ooo, sweet idea!
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Sorry, but the whole idea of a She-Ra screenplay is kind of useless at this point. There's still no certainty that there is going to even be a He-Man movie. If for some reason they do decide to make a She-Ra movie they'll most likely use the same person that writes the He-Man script. Some of the questions you ask are very basic information about She-Ra that you can find out from the first episodes. And some of the things you suggest as being different from Secret of the Sword are in fact the same. Adora wasn't under a spell to make her evil, her memories and perceptions were modified and also saving Queen Angella helped Adora be accepted as well. If you've truly been doing research then those are things that you should have found out first thing. One rule that most writers should follow is to "write what you know". If you're not familiar enough with the material to know some of the basic things you asked then it may not be the best idea to try to write about it. Just my two-cents.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnWarrior View Post

I have a few questions I wanted to run past you guys:
    •Are Castle Bright Moon and the Crystal Castle, like, THE SAME CASTLE? If they’re not, how precisely are they different?
    •Is there an alternate backstory on She-Ra’s sword? On the cartoon, it was one of the Two Swords of Grayskull, He-Man’s being the other. But in other media, such as the mini-comics, the Two Swords were He-Man’s and Skeletor’s sword, which is the direction they appear to be going in the movie. So where does She-Ra’s sword come from in those versions?
    I don't really know. But he-man and skeletors swords are two halves of one sword. So technically thats one sword, so the sword of protection could still be another sword.

•Is there an official explanation for where She-Ra’s sword was before the events of SotS?
    In filmation it was hidden away in castle greyskull so basically the sorceress has been gaurding it.

•King Grayskull, who roughly resembles He-Man, was the champion of Eternia in ancient times. What if we establish another champion for Etheria who fought in ancient times and roughly resembles She-Ra? And maybe these two champions formed an alliance of some kind back then? Is there any precedent for that kind of thing?
    i never really cared for kind GS mostly because they didn't make him unique enough, he's just a carbon copy he-man... so to make a she-ra version too is just really overkill for me. I'd rather hear more about light hope personally and what his relationship is to greyskull and such.

•At the beginning of SotS, when Adora is serving Hordak, how does she think she got there? What’s the cover story?

The plot of my movie would stick very close to Secret of the Sword, with a few exceptions:
    Also I think for a she-ra movie to be good it really needs to be set up in the 3rd he-man movie. If you can establish adora as a member of the horde in that movie and have some hints of her having doubts at the end, then the she-ra movie can get going MUCH quicker and not spend so much time bogged down in exposition. it would make it aa much more exciting movie.

Anyway adora calls shadow weaver mother doesn't she? Watch SotS again i think they pretty much say. Either way, she was a baby, so even if she's just 'adopted' it doesn't REALLY matter, they raise her.

•Shadow Weaver has no spell that magically keeps Adora evil and loyal to the Horde. Instead, she simply modifies her memories any time she sees something she shouldn’t. She’s been doing this for years. In the presence of the sword, the spell is weakening and Adora’s memories about the Horde are coming to light.
    thats cool

Quote Originally Posted by gnewton34 View Post
    Sorry, but the whole idea of a She-Ra screenplay is kind of useless at this point. There's still no certainty that there is going to even be a He-Man movie. If for some reason they do decide to make a She-Ra movie they'll most likely use the same person that writes the He-Man script.
    Believe me, I know. Even if I write this thing, there's at least a 99% likelihood that it will never see the desk of a producer. But I'm doing it anyway, so don't try and stop me. At the very least, I can practice my writing and get a feel for adapting existing material.
    Some of the questions you ask are very basic information about She-Ra that you can find out from the first episodes. And some of the things you suggest as being different from Secret of the Sword are in fact the same. Adora wasn't under a spell to make her evil, her memories and perceptions were modified and also saving Queen Angella helped Adora be accepted as well.
    I always interpreted SW's spell as just generally keeping her evil, not specifically affecting her memories. I was particularly thinking of the scene where they capture He-Man in the Fright Zone, and Weaver has to put the whammy on Adora to get her to agree to take him to the Plunder Room. As for Angella, I always thought the rebels are far too accepting of Adora when she arrives to join. In my version, Glimmer is the most untrusting, since Force Captain Adora has essentially been her arch enemy for years, leading raids against the rebels, keeping them on the run, that kind of thing. They've probably even fought personally on more than one occasion. So I would want to make that whole business more dramatic. See? I have been doing my research.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I don't really know. But he-man and skeletors swords are two halves of one sword. So technically thats one sword, so the sword of protection could still be another sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I liked the UK comics story where Horde Prime originally split the power sword, with He-Man getting one half and Skeletor the other. Then when I heard the movie was using the mini comics two power swords idea, I immedieatly set about trying to figure out how She-Ra would be able to exist in a way that is still true to her origin. I reckon when Adam unites the swords of Light and Darkness in the new movie, releasing King Grayskulls power and becoming He-Man. The sword of darkness could also be changed at this time to become the sword of protection. Basically She-Ra would inherit Skeletor's sword, because like the Sword of Darkness, Adora also would have come from darkness (serving the horde) into light. Just an idea!
    Hmm. Both interesting. Well, anything I write I'd better be prepared to rewrite, so I guess we'll see.

In filmation it was hidden away in castle greyskull so basically the sorceress has been gaurding it.
    Wow, is it really that simple? It does seem odd that it's been sitting in Grayskull the whole time unused. And I had a whole thing worked out a few years ago (after remembering the movie slightly wrong) where the sword was in another dimension.
    i never really cared for king GS mostly because they didn't make him unique enough, he's just a carbon copy he-man... so to make a she-ra version too is just really overkill for me. I'd rather hear more about light hope personally and what his relationship is to greyskull and such.
    I still need to watch the MYP episodes with the King Grayskull flashbacks. Again, whatever ends up in the He-Man movie currently in production may inform this part of my script. As for Light Hope, I'm still doing my research, but he will have a significant role for sure.

Also I think for a she-ra movie to be good it really needs to be set up in the 3rd he-man movie. If you can establish adora as a member of the horde in that movie and have some hints of her having doubts at the end, then the she-ra movie can get going MUCH quicker and not spend so much time bogged down in exposition. it would make it aa much more exciting movie.
    Introduce Adora in Part 3 and make her She-Ra in Part 4? Sounds intriguing. You can write that movie. I'd rather keep her origin all in one installment.

Anyway adora calls shadow weaver mother doesn't she? Watch SotS again i think they pretty much say. Either way, she was a baby, so even if she's just 'adopted' it doesn't REALLY matter, they raise her.
    I'm referring to the question of where she came from before Hordak took her in; Adora clearly doesn't know about the cradle robbing back on Eternia, and I doubt even she believes that they just picked her up at the Bright Moon Adoption Agency.

And isn't there an episode where we learn more about Adora's childhood with the Horde? It's been a while since I read Zodac & Busta's reviews.
    Last edited by DawnWarrior; August 24, 2008 at 02:32pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Believe me, I know. Even if I write this thing, there's at least a 99% likelihood that it will never see the desk of a producer. But I'm doing it anyway, so don't try and stop me. At the very least, I can practice my writing and get a feel for adapting existing material.
    It's always good to practice, especially if you plan a career in that field.
    I always interpreted SW's spell as just generally keeping her evil, not specifically affecting her memories. I was particularly thinking of the scene where they capture He-Man in the Fright Zone, and Weaver has to put the whammy on Adora to get her to agree to take him to the Plunder Room. As for Angella, I always thought the rebels are far too accepting of Adora when she arrives to join. In my version, Glimmer is the most untrusting, since Force Captain Adora has essentially been her arch enemy for years, leading raids against the rebels, keeping them on the run, that kind of thing. They've probably even fought personally on more than one occasion. So I would want to make that whole business more dramatic. See? I have been doing my research.
    One thing to keep in mind as far as the Adora/Shadow Weaver relationship goes Dawn, is that it's always been that way. Adora was raised believing the Horde was good and just. Adora was raised by Hordak and SW since birth.. She had been like a mother to Adora.. The spell was basically to keep her from realizing what was going on and questioning it.. because in all honesty, with some of th things the Horde was doing, you would have to be oblivious to not find something wrong with it.

Hmm. Both interesting. Well, anything I write I'd better be prepared to rewrite, so I guess we'll see.
    For part of your research, not to mention helping the franchise itself.. The series is a good purchase. Filmation didn't just do toy commercials.
    Wow, is it really that simple? It does seem odd that it's been sitting in Grayskull the whole time unused. And I had a whole thing worked out a few years ago (after remembering the movie slightly wrong) where the sword was in another dimension.
    It was basically in Greyskull to be protected.. As they didn't know when Adora would be seen again.. if she would be found even. Adam had the potential to be He-man.. so naturally one would assume the sword of protection would be for his sister .. They never knew what dimension HOrdak fled to, so they just basically kept it for safe keeping[/quote]
    Introduce Adora in Part 3 and make her She-Ra in Part 4? Sounds intriguing. You can write that movie. I'd rather keep her origin all in one installment.

I'm referring to the question of where she came from before Hordak took her in; Adora clearly doesn't know about the cradle robbing back on Eternia, and I doubt even she believes that they just picked her up at the Bright Moon Adoption Agency.

And isn't there an episode where we learn more about Adora's childhood with the Horde? It's been a while since I read Zodac & Busta's reviews.
    It's possible that she assumed they found her in the woods or something.. I mean.. I don't think she would assume she was shadow weavers or another member of the hordes..

You seem to really want to do the character some justice.. I think with a little research (and I'm recommending the dvd set for that) that you'll do really well.

Wicket

Quote Originally Posted by wickethecanuck View Post
    You seem to really want to do the character some justice.. I think with a little research (and I'm recommending the dvd set for that) that you'll do really well.

Wicket
    Thanks for the support.

Most of the questions I pitched are just a matter of finding out if there's an official canon explanation. If it turns out there isn't, then I know I have free reign to come up with something myself. On that note, here's a couple more:

-How do Kowl and Madame Razz find out Adora's identity as She-Ra?
    -Etheria has three moons, from which Queen Angella and Glimmer (presumably) draw their powers. Do these three moons have names?

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Just FYI, on the Shadow Weaver/Adora thing, Adora never called her Mother; Shadow Weaver just said to her, "Am I not like...a mother to you?..."

-How do Kowl and Madame Razz find out Adora's identity as She-Ra?
    We don't know. We don't know how Razz, Kowl, and Broom found out about She-Ra, and what's more, we don't know who else on Etheria knows her secret. If you take the opening literally, which I do, you'll note that Adora says others know her secret, "among them" Light Hope, Razz, and Kowl. To me, "among them" means that at least 1 other entity knows, and possibly more, but we don't know who (except we can of course imply Broom, as we see from the series).

And we also don't know how Orko and Man-at-Arms know Adam's secret. And that bugs me! lol I wanna know exactly how they, and the select Etherians, know of their secrets. Well, part of me does, and part of me is fascinated that it's up to our imaginative theories and guesses.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Just FYI, on the Shadow Weaver/Adora thing, Adora never called her Mother; Shadow Weaver just said to her, "Am I not like...a mother to you?..."
    I found the ep I was asking about earlier, "The Caregiver," which shows the character of Chakra, who looked after the young Adora. I'll see how I can work it.
    We don't know. We don't know how Razz, Kowl, and Broom found out about She-Ra, and what's more, we don't know who else on Etheria knows her secret. If you take the opening literally, which I do, you'll note that Adora says others know her secret, "among them" Light Hope, Razz, and Kowl. To me, "among them" means that at least 1 other entity knows, and possibly more, but we don't know who (except we can of course imply Broom, as we see from the series).
    Good, that means I can come up with the story myself. I still haven't figured out exactly how I can use Kowl yet though, so deciding how he figures out She-Ra's secret will be tricky. Thanks.

And we also don't know how Orko and Man-at-Arms know Adam's secret. And that bugs me! lol I wanna know exactly how they, and the select Etherians, know of their secrets. Well, part of me does, and part of me is fascinated that it's up to our imaginative theories and guesses.
    Fortunately, the MYP cartoon answered this enigma quite well. Man-At-Arms was in on Adam's initiation with the Sorceress, while Orko simply followed Adam into Grayskull and hid behind a bookcase or whatever.

As a way of bumping my own thread while fulfilling a promise I made when I started it, I’m now going to post a more detailed rundown of the She-Ra movie I’m writing.

My plan is to have this be the third film in the series. First they would make a He-Man origin movie, then an all-He-Man sequel, then a She-Ra origin movie. The latter is the one I’m writing. They could also do this as a direct sequel to the first He-Man.

The movie starts with a prologue (narrated by Light Hope) recapping the story of King Grayskull’s fight with Hordak, which should be covered more thoroughly in the first two movies. From there LH tells the story of Princess Ra, the daughter of King Grayskull and the original Sorceress, who wielded the Sword of Protection to fight the next generation of evil on Eternia, which for now will be the Snake Men. For the full prologue, check out my thread in the fanfiction forum here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=163109 (Oh, and forgive me for calling it the “Honor Sword” in the script; it’s just easier to write than the “Sword of Protection.”)

From there, things play out pretty much the way they do in SotS. Sorceress has her flashback/nightmare of Adora’s abduction, the Sword of Protection awakens and creates the portal to Etheria, and Sorceress calls Adam to go on the quest to find the sword’s owner.

Etheria itself was once a land full of bountiful life and strange creatures, divided into many exotic lands such as Bright Moon, Mystacor, Salineas, and the North Lands, all ruled by magical queens. Then two decades ago the Horde arrived, and sought to conquer the planet and turn it into an engine of destruction to rage across the cosmos.

Now let’s look at the major players:
    Adora: Adam’s twin sister was kidnapped from the cradle by Hordak and brought to Etheria to be raised as his own. Now 18 or 19, she is a trusted and ruthless Captain of the Horde, loyal and devoted to Hordak, not knowing she has had her memories modified by Shadow Weaver, preventing her from knowing of the Horde’s most evil actions throughout her life. When she gets hold of the Sword of Protection (with its Etherian jewel fueled by Light Hope’s power), these buried memories are coming to light. Unlike SotS, I would want to build up Adora initially as a villain and a full-on Horde commander, making her transition to captain of the Rebellion more dramatic.
    Glimmer: Daughter of Queen Angela, Glimmer is the Princess of Bright Moon. Ever since her mother was captured in battle, Glimmer has become the Rebellion’s de facto field leader, and has surprised everyone by growing into her duty and running the Rebels with efficiency at the tender age of 17. She uses her powers of photonic light, tied to Etheria’s moons, to battle the Horde. She can produce bright light and concussive blasts from her hands, as well as turning herself and others invisible.
    Bow: Not a member of the Rebellion per se, Bow is kind of a rogue. He shows up on occasion like Robin Hood to rough up the Horde troops, but nobody can keep track of him. He likes hanging with the girls of the Rebellion, but refuses to join outright for reasons he prefers to keep to himself. He is always accompanied by his trusty color-changing pet, Kowl. By the end of the story, at the urging from both Adam and Adora, he decides to join the Rebellion for good.
    Queen Angela: Glimmer’s mother, she is the Queen of Bright Moon and the original leader of the fledgling Rebellion until two years ago when she was captured in battle. She is initially held prisoner by Hunga, queen of the Harpies, on Hordak’s behalf. Adora, as She-Ra, works with He-Man to rescue her, to prove herself to the Rebels. Upon reuniting with her daughter, she becomes the leader of the Rebellion again. She possesses powerful photonic magic, fueled by Etheria’s three moons, as well as a pair of feathered wings that allow her to fly. In my version, Angela learns Adora’s identity as She-Ra.
    Frosta: Queen of the far northern Kingdom of Snows, Frosta has power over ice. She is also very attracted to He-Man.
    Castaspella: Queen of Mystacor and wielder of white magic, Casta is a powerful sorceress and trusted member of the Rebellion. She will engage her old rival Shadow Weaver in the climax.
    Peekablue: Or simply “Peeka,” she rarely fights and functions as the Rebel’s mistress of surveillance. Her powers will be a little different: She possesses eight magical peacock feathers; each feather is tuned to one of her pet birds that patrol the corners of Etheria. When she extends her feathers, her eyes turn falcon-black she can see through the birds’ eyes.
    Kowl:Bow’s trusty talking Koala/Owl, Kowl is one of the few who knows that Adora is also She-Ra. Normally brightly colored, Kowl can change colors to blend in to his environment, and can fly at high speeds.
    Madame Razz: The kooky fortune teller with her own tent, Razz is a combination of Tia Dalma in Dead Man’s Chest and Miracle Max in The Princess Bride. Glimmer and the others usually consult her as a last resort. Unlike Casta, Razz is an authority on the “old magic” of Etheria.
    Light Hope is the sentient light-energy that resides within the Crystal Castle, “imprisoned” by the Horde at the outset of the story. It is Light Hope’s life force that powers She-Ra’s sword, and it is through the sword that LH reaches out to Adora to try to break Hordak’s hold on her and find her destiny with the Rebellion. In the climax, when the rebels retake the Crystal Castle, the primary objective is to free Light Hope.
    Perfuma: Yes, the crazy flower girl will have a cameo.

Hordak in this story is a combination of the versions from the original She-Ra cartoon and the new MYP cartoon (an Über-Hordak if you will). He was responsible for splitting Eternia into its light and dark hemispheres, and led his dark armies against King Grayskull. Since then, he kidnapped baby Adora from the cradle and crossed over into Etheria looking for a fresh, defenseless world for his army to conquer. When he first meets He-Man, he instantly recognizes the garb of his old nemesis King Grayskull. Besides being a ruthless and sadistic conqueror and powerful sorcerer, he also possesses bio-mechanical shapeshifting powers which he displays when he battles He-Man and She-Ra in the climax. Hordak’s big scheme will involve tapping into the power of Light Hope to perform the Spell of Separation on Etheria.
    Catra was originally one of Etheria’s magical queens, the evil leader of the Magicats. She has since allied with Hordak to battle her enemies in Etheria. She hates Adora, and wants her job. She gets it after Adora defects to the Rebels. Besides her classic shapeshifting powers derived from her feline mask, she also carries a whip with a retractable cord that she can use as a club.
    Shadow Weaver is also originally from Etheria. She learned magic alongside Castaspella, but joined the side of evil when Hordak arrived. Her years of using dark magic have caused her body to decay extensively.
    Mantenna is the four-legged insect of the group, and its master of close-contact surveillance. He can also use his bulbous eyes see through walls and over great distances, not to mention full-360 degrees around himself. His eyes can also fire rays that can drive people mad.
    Leech is basically a big ugly vampire toad who hungers for the taste of rebel flesh, and can usually be found skulking around Beast Island. He can use his ballistic tongues (one in his mouth, one in each hand) to ensnare his prey.
    Grizzlor is the biggest and strongest member of the Monster Squad. He and Scorpia are lovers.
    Scorpia and Grizzlor are the main muscle of the Horde. Scorpia has retractable pinchers and a venomous tail, along with enhanced strength. Unlike the other women of the Horde, she is not Etherian.
    Last edited by DawnWarrior; February 1, 2009 at 03:36am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Court Magician
    Grizzlor is the biggest and strongest member of the Monster Squad. He and Scorpia are lovers.
    ICK!!!

Anyway, awesome!

Why not just write a story, post it under fan fiction, and adapt it to a screenplay if and when you are given the movie rights?
    MOTUC Forever!!!

Are Castle Bright Moon and the Crystal Castle, like, THE SAME CASTLE? If they’re not, how precisely are they different?

They are very different. One is the centerpiece of the kingdom of Bright Moon. It is the fortress of Queen Angella and her daughter Glimmer. Through the castle, they absorb power from the two Etheria Moons. Hordak had at one point taken the castle after Angella was enslaved by Hunga the Harpy, but once She-Ra debuted, she helped Glimmer and the rebels free Angella and take back the Castle. Hordak continually wishes to conquer it as it is a big rallying point of power for the rebels.

The Crystal Castle is for all intents and purposes a myth told to Etherian children. Only the leader of the Trolls knew where it was located when She-Ra tried to seek it out, and even then...he provided her with clues in the form of a riddle. The Castle has been visited over the course of the series by Adora, She-Ra, Swiftwind, Kowl, He-Man, Flutterina and Loo-Kee. It is perched atop Sky Dancer mountain, hidden from view by the clouds, and will only be seen by all, in theory, the day the Horde are finally forced off the planet. It's keeper, Light Hope, is a mysterious being, with powers tied to the Castle directly. The Horde has never tried to reach this fortress, and most Etherians live without ever really knowing of it's existance.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsellers View Post
    Why not just write a story, post it under fan fiction, and adapt it to a screenplay if and when you are given the movie rights?
    That's not a bad idea, and I may end up doing precisely that, especially since I can't find the time to do any kind of three-week writing marathon that this project kind of demands.
    Still, I kind of feel like I need to get this out of my system, and the only way to do that is by writing the script in full. So we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Are Castle Bright Moon and the Crystal Castle, like, THE SAME CASTLE? If they’re not, how precisely are they different?

They are very different. One is the centerpiece of the kingdom of Bright Moon. It is the fortress of Queen Angella and her daughter Glimmer. Through the castle, they absorb power from the two Etheria Moons. Hordak had at one point taken the castle after Angella was enslaved by Hunga the Harpy, but once She-Ra debuted, she helped Glimmer and the rebels free Angella and take back the Castle. Hordak continually wishes to conquer it as it is a big rallying point of power for the rebels.

The Crystal Castle is for all intents and purposes a myth told to Etherian children. Only the leader of the Trolls knew where it was located when She-Ra tried to seek it out, and even then...he provided her with clues in the form of a riddle. The Castle has been visited over the course of the series by Adora, She-Ra, Swiftwind, Kowl, He-Man, Flutterina and Loo-Kee. It is perched atop Sky Dancer mountain, hidden from view by the clouds, and will only be seen by all, in theory, the day the Horde are finally forced off the planet. It's keeper, Light Hope, is a mysterious being, with powers tied to the Castle directly. The Horde has never tried to reach this fortress, and most Etherians live without ever really knowing of it's existance.
    Thanks. I've actually figured out the bulk of that from re-watching the show, but thank you for putting it all together so concisely. At first I thought of just making them the same castle, but I'm thinking it might serve the story better to keep them separate. And aren't there three Eternian moons?