Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Zodac and Zodak 2 separate enties or the same person? Same or different bios?

Heroic Warrior

Is Zodac and Zodak 2 separate enties or the same person? Same or different bios?

There are some of us MOTU fans that prefer the 80's version of the the neutral Zodac, and then there are those who prefer the 200X version of "Afro Samurai" Zodak, which is my preferred version. Some of us might view them as 2 different beings, as in a Jon Stewart Green Lantern and a Hal Jordon Green Lantern, while others might view them as the same being, minus the cosmetic change, like regular Marvel Universe/Ultimates Nick Fury, or as in Micheal Duncan Clarke playing Wilson Fisk (the Kingpin) in the Daredevil movie., So, my question for the vast majority of the fans is how do you view both versions of Zodac(k), whether you like one version better or the other? I ask this because we're getting Zodac in 3 months and it's been hinted that we will get the 200X Zodak, complete with magic staff, later on in the line. But, will they share the same bio? Do people think that vintage Zodac is the same Zodak in the 200X series that had his brother devoured by King Hiss and was mainly responsible for sealing away the Snake Men in the Void? I mean, that magic staff was instrumental in locking the Snake Men in the void, and this Zodac doesn't come with said magic staff. Vintage Zodac was displayed at first as an evil warrior, then as a neutral being (though he did seem to lean on the good side based on the Filmation toons), but 200X Zodak was displayed as a martial arts mystic, who was definitely leaning on the side of good, who could physically go one-on-one with He-Man in battle, which was something that was never displayed with 80's Zodac. So, what do you all think? And what do you all want it to be, if anything?

To me there's only Zodac..So if they make a Zodak figure, I would buy him, and display him behind Zodac as another, lower ranked Cosmic Enforcer.
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Mer-Man Coming April 15th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

I'm a Zodac fan. He was my 1st figure back in the day. I look at Zodak from MYP as a different character. To me he always had a Morpheus (from the Matrix) vibe to him.

I can't wait for the MOTUC Zodac figure!

They are 2 different persons and should get different Bio's

I would like them to be 2 different ones. The way I see it is there are multiple "Cosmic Defenders" as seen in the MYP toon with Zodak's brother.

I see Zodac as a more Elder and Balanced Cosmic Defender who will not take the side of good or evil, but will try to balance both sides.

I see Zodak as more younger and willing to fight, he is trianed in fighting and leans toward the good side (Because his brother got eaten.)

Zodac and (eventually) Zodak are absolutly separate beings! The Jordan/Stewart thing is exactly what I ever thought.
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovrò pur campare...

Quote Originally Posted by danbrenus View Post
    Zodac and (eventually) Zodak are absolutly separate beings! The Jordan/Stewart thing is exactly what I ever thought.
    Same here. MYP's version actually DID stuff while the other just sat around and gave a clue or two.

I'd prefer them to be treated as different persons. I liked MYPs approach on ZodaK (or rather, I liked it until they turned him into stupid sonufa-- who puts the entire planet at risk just to get his vengeance). But his characters was completely different from the vintage ZodaC. So, I really hope that, if Mattel ever releases a dark-skinned version, it's gonna be a different character.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I would like to see them as two separate characters. Zodac is the neutral cosmic enforcer with a greater purpose. Zodak on other had is someone who has lost his neutrality a long time ago while fighting with King Hiss. I could see him as a kind of "fallen angel" type of fallen cosmic enforcer.

heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    I would like to see them as two separate characters. Zodac is the neutral cosmic enforcer with a greater purpose. Zodak on other had is someone who has lost his neutrality a long time ago while fighting with King Hiss. I could see him as a kind of "fallen angel" type of fallen cosmic enforcer.

heidi
    I REALLY like this idea!
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

Yeah, that would be a good explaination! Thumbs up!

That reminds me, I'd like to see a black-armored EVIL cosmic enforcer.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Yeah, that would be a good explaination! Thumbs up!

That reminds me, I'd like to see a black-armored EVIL cosmic enforcer.
    I think that would be a great bonus figure. I would be all over that one.

Xodac?
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

I was not a huge fan of 200x but, I really liked what they did with Zodak. I prefer this version so much that if Mattel confirmed they were releasing a 200x Zodak I would not buy the version coming out very soon and wait. I think Zodac would be perfect as a figure where Mattel releases two variants that you can choose from (200x Zodak or Classic Zodac) in the same month. I doubt they will though.

To me, they are two different characters.

Zodac is an Cosmic Enforcer. Balaning the Universe. I see him as a higher being, not to be bothered with mortal world's problems, until someone like Skeletor goes beyond boundaries.

Zodak is a warrior in my books. Bent on revenge, staking entire Universe at the same time. Not worthy to be a higher being like Cosmic Enforcer. He would have to earn it.

I like Heidi's idea of the "fallen angel" type.
    Sure Zodak has some info about big picture, but he needs to earn to wield the true power.

2 different guys. Zodak had a brother, Zodac does not.

They also have different weapons/fighting styles.

Not to mention that Zodak is bent on revenge with the Snake Men, while Zodac is above such mortal matters.

they are two different beings. and should the line last long enough it would be awesome to finally be able to get an alien zodak. the 4H concepts for it looked fantastic.

Heroic Warrior
    To me there is only Zodak, and so if I were to acquire Zodac, after they make Zodak, I would display him behind Zodak, as some kind of imposter.

I don't agree with the notion that Zodak is disgraced somehow.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Hmm... prior to seeing his story in MYP, I figured they were the same guy. The different appearance is explained by that Zodac travels between different Universes with his chair, and ends up manifesting differently in each Universe. Ergo, he appears different to mortals.

But after seeing the MYP series and knowing his story, I would say they have to be two different characters. They're stationed in different Universes simply. ZodaC is stationed in a classic one, and ZodaK is stationed in a modern one like the mainline 200x Universe.

It will be interesting to see how they solve this one... since if both of them is supposed to be on the same Eternia, it gets a bit crowded. It doesn't really need two enforcers does it??

Or maybe it does... ZodaC has been shown to have a chair that can traverse Universes, yes? ( like in the DC Comics miniseries) While ZodaK's chair seems to only traverse normal space. Could be that the first ZodaC is a sort of big honcho that selects the Cosmic Enforcers for various Universes or tasks, and he is the one that made ZodaK an Enforcer.

Lots of possibilities here! I just hope they give some good thought to explaining why there are two of them.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Zodac was Metron in a loincloth with a less proactive nature. Zodak was an angry, bad-ass that was looking for an excuse to fight."

======================

Now, the truth is, there are so many different continuities, this thread is like asking:

Are barbarian He-Man and Prince Adam/ He-Man the same person?
    Are other dimensional Trap-Jaw and Kronus Trap Jaw the same person?
    Are Sorceress & Mystery Soldier daughter Teela and Goddess-Clone Teela the same person?
    Are Goddess and Green Goddess the same person?
    Are Keldor/Skeletor and extra dimensional Skeletor the same person?

See?

It's a nonsensical argument, really. There are too many continuities to have this as a coherent conversation. MOTU needs a Crisis-like event.
    Last edited by Larry Waters; February 20, 2009 at 09:55am.

I view them as being different beings. Zodac is from one planet or dimension, Zodak is from another. I don't view the black armor as a representation of evil, but it would be cool if there was an evil one. I also like the idea of Savage He-Man being from a parallel world whereas he becomes an Enforcer rather than champion of Grayskull.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Thsi is something I've never really thought of before, but I love your Green Lantern and Nick Fury comparissons.

I think I would really like the idea of Zodac being a different person from Zodak. I think that's a really cool concept, and perfectly explains the difference in appearance and persinality. I would be totally ok if this is the route Mattel decided to take!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    2 different beings from 2 different realities.

Now here's a question...can they knowingly co-exist? "Crisis on Infinite Eternias"? I mean like the vintage characters know there is an alternate universe (200X) where all the characters are a little meaner? Like BOTH versions are actually in one canon?

Zodac is a cosmic space/time type character, so the idea of meeting an alternate reality version of himself isn't unheard of. The Sorceress is yet another character who could meet up with her 200X self.

If they can't co-exist separately, can you really combine "mysterious, calm and neutral" Zodac with the "monk-like who wants vengeance on King Hiss" Zodak? Unless Mattel makes Kodac have Zeelahr as a brother who got swallowed by King Hiss.

Personally I don't think it could work, even their attitudes are different.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 20, 2009 at 10:37am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

2 different entities. I liked the 200x Zodak better than classic Zodac. Heidi's explanation works for me!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    The original Zodac is the only Zodac. The 200X Zodak doesn't exist to me.