Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Please use this thread for sharing all your quality control issues.

Thanks

I opened my new guy and when I was moving him around I found this:

an open seam in his torso under his right arm.

Does anybody elses have that?

I think yours is the special Aerodynamic version of Stratos. It helps him fly better.

j/k.. Ill check mine out as soon as they arrive.

Mine does not have any seams, could be a slight mold error?
    Good Traders: Domercon, parat0r, cjclifford, marndt8448, prime371, AGE, Grunaura, boggs32, phoenixinfernos1, jesstertwo, Bellamy, Trap-Jay, Steph, Kinnikuman76, zodak74, IceWolf, CHRIS-ORION, Him-Man, layz909e, Master Eternian, Peter, LORD FALLEN ELDOR, Lord Anubis, Son Of Keldor, Tinkerbeee, Pyre, Christop, bigassbuzz, MaxGoof, JeMaBo2, G2Figures, General Hawk 7, Mern-Ra, Cubsteven, lemure77

Mine doesnt have it either .What mine does have is super glue spilled down his forearm ,barely noticeable but for someone like me I hate it because I know its there. I still love him.
    Last edited by Vorgon; February 23, 2009 at 07:22am.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I opened my new guy and when I was moving him around I found this:

an open seam in his torso under his right arm.

Does anybody elses have that?
    Sorry, mine doesn't. I hope it doesn't cause a problem for the figure.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

None of mine have it either. Sorry about that, hope it's not a eye sore for you.
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Mer-Man Coming April 15th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

try heating it up with a hairdryer or something and then squeezing and glueing the torso back together.

Heroic Warrior
    Mine doesn't have this problem, but what he does have are 2 left wings.

I ordered 2, and of course the one I left packages is fine. I just didn't notice until I opened it.

And of course I am now paying shipping to send it back to Matty.

You know, when 2 figures costs me 50 bucks, I dont really think I should have to pay another 8 dollars becasue they send me a defective item. But I digress

don't pay the return shipping. if you complain and mention that other people have exchanged figures and they didn't have to pay any return shipping you shouldn't have any problems. believe me, mattel isn't hard up for 8 bucks. when i exchanged my he-man and beast man figures they emailed me a return shipping label.

Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post
    Mine doesn't have this problem, but what he does have are 2 left wings.

I ordered 2, and of course the one I left packages is fine. I just didn't notice until I opened it.

And of course I am now paying shipping to send it back to Matty.

You know, when 2 figures costs me 50 bucks, I dont really think I should have to pay another 8 dollars becasue they send me a defective item. But I digress

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    don't pay the return shipping. if you complain and mention that other people have exchanged figures and they didn't have to pay any return shipping you shouldn't have any problems. believe me, mattel isn't hard up for 8 bucks. when i exchanged my he-man and beast man figures they emailed me a return shipping label.
    Sweet, I'm calling back! Thanks for the heads up man!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    That is another Quality control problem with Mattel, Again. I exchanged a Beast Man figure with the same problem. I hope Mattel work with this quality control situation.

no problem. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post
    Sweet, I'm calling back! Thanks for the heads up man!

Get some red paint and paint it in and around the area. Now you have Battle Damaged Stratos Variant. Enjoy!!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

My Stratos has open seams, on both sides, from the top of the neck where the head pops out, straight down to start of the collarbone area. I noticed the head was really loose as soon as I took him out of the package. I was going to put the little rubber band skeletor had wrapped around the inside of the head on Stratos to make it tighter, and then I noticed why it was so loose. I don't like it but it's not that noticeable and I don't know that I really want to go through all the hassle of waiting for a return label, and then mailing it back, and then waiting for the replacement...I'd have Mer-Man at that rate before I got Stratos back. Think I'll just try heating/gluing it at some point. But still, it sucks, and the quality control problems with this line are terrible.
    Last edited by Whiplash7; February 26, 2009 at 05:10pm.

if everyone would just leave them in the package you wouldnt notice all the stuff wrong with them
    For HE who has lifted the sword and says the holy words will be the king of kings :jesus

Movie mayhem!

Tape on Stratos packaging

I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I've looked and can't find anything about it.

I got my Stratos figures today and every single one has tape on both sides of the bottom packaging...

First... why?

Second... what do people think about this?

On a side note I'm still quite annoyed about the shape this are coming in in the mail: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=168116&page=7

Anyway but what do we think about this Tape?
    Last edited by Patreek; February 27, 2009 at 02:50pm.

Well, I haven't gotten mine yet, but I will let you know about the tape situation when I do.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

I didn't have any tape on mine

I had some tape on mine but I didn't give it a second thought. My bubble was adhered well so maybe it was to glue the bubbles down and they forgot to take it off??

@Patreek: It seems the shipping problem will be resolved starting with Man-At-Arms as TG said at NYCC that he will be the first to start shipping in an outer box like the DC figs.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man54 View Post
    I had some tape on mine but I didn't give it a second thought. My bubble was adhered well so maybe it was to glue the bubbles down and they forgot to take it off??

@Patreek: It seems the shipping problem will be resolved starting with Man-At-Arms as TG said at NYCC that he will be the first to start shipping in an outer box like the DC figs.
    Mailer boxes are the best thing they have come up with for this line besides the actual figures, that makes me happy!!

Only one of mine had the tape. (That's the one I opened).

I too thought it was odd...and it was only on one side of the bottom...not both.

Heroic Warrior
    Couldn't say exactly WHY they have tape on them, but it's not unique to MOTUC. The Star Wars Legacy figures have tape on the back, along where the clamshell packaging adheres to the cardback.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Movie mayhem!
    Thats odd that you just had it on one side... i just wonder why its there...

... it bugs me a little just because i'm a moc collector and it kind of makes it look like its there to hide a bubble coming off.

@He-Man54: I'll reply to you here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=168116&page=7 so this doesn't get off track.

all of my stratos figures have the tape on both sides on the back of the card. kind of annoying as moc collector when none of the previous figures had it. i see no reason for it so i don't know why it's there.

Yeah I had tape on the bottom on one side as well. I thought it was weird, but really didn't put much more thought on it.