Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Hybrid View

MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Please use this thread for sharing all your quality control issues.

Thanks

I opened my new guy and when I was moving him around I found this:

an open seam in his torso under his right arm.

Does anybody elses have that?

I think yours is the special Aerodynamic version of Stratos. It helps him fly better.

j/k.. Ill check mine out as soon as they arrive.

Mine does not have any seams, could be a slight mold error?
    Good Traders: Domercon, parat0r, cjclifford, marndt8448, prime371, AGE, Grunaura, boggs32, phoenixinfernos1, jesstertwo, Bellamy, Trap-Jay, Steph, Kinnikuman76, zodak74, IceWolf, CHRIS-ORION, Him-Man, layz909e, Master Eternian, Peter, LORD FALLEN ELDOR, Lord Anubis, Son Of Keldor, Tinkerbeee, Pyre, Christop, bigassbuzz, MaxGoof, JeMaBo2, G2Figures, General Hawk 7, Mern-Ra, Cubsteven, lemure77

Mine doesnt have it either .What mine does have is super glue spilled down his forearm ,barely noticeable but for someone like me I hate it because I know its there. I still love him.
    Last edited by Vorgon; February 23, 2009 at 06:22am.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I opened my new guy and when I was moving him around I found this:

an open seam in his torso under his right arm.

Does anybody elses have that?
    Sorry, mine doesn't. I hope it doesn't cause a problem for the figure.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

None of mine have it either. Sorry about that, hope it's not a eye sore for you.
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Mer-Man Coming April 15th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

try heating it up with a hairdryer or something and then squeezing and glueing the torso back together.

Heroic Warrior
    Mine doesn't have this problem, but what he does have are 2 left wings.

I ordered 2, and of course the one I left packages is fine. I just didn't notice until I opened it.

And of course I am now paying shipping to send it back to Matty.

You know, when 2 figures costs me 50 bucks, I dont really think I should have to pay another 8 dollars becasue they send me a defective item. But I digress

don't pay the return shipping. if you complain and mention that other people have exchanged figures and they didn't have to pay any return shipping you shouldn't have any problems. believe me, mattel isn't hard up for 8 bucks. when i exchanged my he-man and beast man figures they emailed me a return shipping label.

Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post

I ordered 2, and of course the one I left packages is fine. I just didn't notice until I opened it.

You know, when 2 figures costs me 50 bucks, I dont really think I should have to pay another 8 dollars becasue they send me a defective item. But I digress

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post

So you may not want to do this or it might not work but maybe you could report them to bbb.org? Or call mattel customer service or the other companys customer service number and request they send you a call tag or try your states attorney general office and see if that kind of heat might make them rethink making you pay to return a defective Item they sold you!

Movie mayhem!

Tape on Stratos packaging

I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I've looked and can't find anything about it.

I got my Stratos figures today and every single one has tape on both sides of the bottom packaging...

First... why?

Second... what do people think about this?

On a side note I'm still quite annoyed about the shape this are coming in in the mail: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=168116&page=7

Anyway but what do we think about this Tape?
    Last edited by Patreek; February 27, 2009 at 01:50pm.

Well, I haven't gotten mine yet, but I will let you know about the tape situation when I do.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

I didn't have any tape on mine

I had some tape on mine but I didn't give it a second thought. My bubble was adhered well so maybe it was to glue the bubbles down and they forgot to take it off??

@Patreek: It seems the shipping problem will be resolved starting with Man-At-Arms as TG said at NYCC that he will be the first to start shipping in an outer box like the DC figs.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man54 View Post
    I had some tape on mine but I didn't give it a second thought. My bubble was adhered well so maybe it was to glue the bubbles down and they forgot to take it off??

@Patreek: It seems the shipping problem will be resolved starting with Man-At-Arms as TG said at NYCC that he will be the first to start shipping in an outer box like the DC figs.
    Mailer boxes are the best thing they have come up with for this line besides the actual figures, that makes me happy!!

Stratos Quality Control problems

I am kind of upset. I FINALLY got my Stratos today (ordered him just after noon the day he went on sale).

The paint apps stink, compared to He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man and Faker (got him at NYCC). The paint on his belt is smeared, the paint from the feathery part of his harness is smeared onto the non-painted part. And the wings were put in place too far back... so when you have his arms in a normal position, all you see are the back of the wings.

The worst thing is that the joints are loose... he's like a rag doll.

He can barely stand... He can't hold his arms up at ALL.. the shoulder joints are THAT loose.

the legs are barely poseable because the hip joints are bad.

Should I call and ask for a replacement? Is anyone else having this problem?
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    yikes........... i hope all mine are ok

I hope so too. I wish I had ordered 2 now, but I figured I would wait until they do him as a bonus with reverse colors (blue wings, red jet - like my original vintage figure)
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Uh oh now I am scared to open mine. Just came in the mail today.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Movie mayhem!
    I did think the paint job wasn't quite has good this time. The abdomen of mine has red belt paint on it... which i find odd because you'd think it would be painted before it was constructed. Totally get what you are saying about the finger nails. Head was perfect though. Wings are too far back, but other orgers have already addressed how to easily fix this so i'm not that bothered about that.

My joints have been fine so far with every figure though...i mean they get looser as I handle him, but I've found that with any action figure with this sort of articulation.

The ball joint on my Stratos is very loose making him become a bobblehead.

Everyone seems to be complaining about the position of the wings. I think they are fine how they are. It's like a bird....when not flying, the wings are tucked back, but when Stratos is flying, the hands are turned with the wings perfectly in front.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    The ball joint on my Stratos is very loose making him become a bobblehead.
    I noticed the same thing...so when I took his head off to put a rubber band over the ball joint (what skeletor had), I noticed the seams were split on either side of the neck, which is what's making it loose. Is yours like that?
    Mine also has a very loose left foot. So I've also wondered about sending mine back, but I think it's stuff I could fix myself, so no need to go through the hassle.

I'm also okay with the wing placement, doesn't bother me too much.
    Last edited by Whiplash7; February 27, 2009 at 10:13pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I am kind of upset. I FINALLY got my Stratos today (ordered him just after noon the day he went on sale).

The paint apps stink, compared to He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man and Faker (got him at NYCC). The paint on his belt is smeared, the paint from the feathery part of his harness is smeared onto the non-painted part. And the wings were put in place too far back... so when you have his arms in a normal position, all you see are the back of the wings.

The worst thing is that the joints are loose... he's like a rag doll.

He can barely stand... He can't hold his arms up at ALL.. the shoulder joints are THAT loose.

the legs are barely poseable because the hip joints are bad.

Should I call and ask for a replacement? Is anyone else having this problem?

Yeah I started a thread about this with the first figures. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166852

Man, I'm keeping mine in the package until the second issue comes out