Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    The paint job on my is faine, little things here and there but very very minor. This i the first figure that I've had some physical issues with though. When I opened him the boot part of his leg was like hanging off... I pushed it back in and it went in and stays but when you turn it it starts to gap a little... i mean not that big of a deal but its the first issue like this i've had so i thought i'd mention it.

On the inside of the left shoulder there is a red disk.... its very odd... i assume its there to keep the joint from being loose but why RED? Very odd, why not flesh colored? Its pretty darn visable. Again not THAT big of a deal, i just find it very odd.

Other odd thing is that, well you know how the figures have that square "plug" in the back? Well zodak still has it though its very well hidden, but I noticed today that he has ANOTHER one on his chest?! Its hidden even better than the one on his back so its really not a big deal I just found it to be really odd. Why is it there? Its kind of an odd shape. I checked beast man and he has it too, something about the orange on him makes it even harder to see though so I only saw it because I was looking for it.

Anyway just some random observations.
    odd....my zodac doesn't appear to have any square 'plugs' anywhere on his torso area. Of course I'm not taking off his armor either. Looks perfect to me, at least on mine. I don't see any square plugs on any of my figures, I thought only KG had it, to hold his cape.
    nor do I see any 'red disc' on the left shoulder of my Zodac...

As for the paint apps, they look immaculate, right down to the little dots on his gun.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    odd....my zodac doesn't appear to have any square 'plugs' anywhere on his torso area. Of course I'm not taking off his armor either. Looks perfect to me, at least on mine. I don't see any square plugs on any of my figures, I thought only KG had it, to hold his cape.
    nor do I see any 'red disc' on the left shoulder of my Zodac...

As for the paint apps, they look immaculate, right down to the little dots on his gun.
    its under his armor... right in the middle of his chest and on his back, same with beastman.

All the figures have the back plug, but as far as I can tell only the hairy chest has the front one. its weird cause I can't think of any figure that would utilize such a thing.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't complain about the quality of these figures too much.

I have ordered the last three figures, and all have arrived with bubbles and cards in perfect condition.

I guess my biggest gripes would be about Mer-Man having a prong on his trident bent a little bit, and Zodac has a bit of a sloppy paint job on his belt.

His gun looks great though!!!

So does everything else. He even has a hairy chest like the old figure. I also think the forearms and feet look better than the original.

The helmet looks great, i think. The entire head looks every bit as good, if not better, than the original.

Darth Bong

The white belt paint on my figures look like they were done with a shaky hand, and I have a dab of gray paint on the front of one of my thighs. A Merman I opened has some of the brown eye circle paint on the side of it's head, but you could only tell if you opened it and another MM has really bad teeth (not fully white). I have had pretty good luck with the cards so far. As for my two funky Mermen, I am probably going to custom Stinkor them I'll keep Y'all posted.
    Peace,
    Switeletor

I ordered three and two of the cards were bent to hell. No problem with the figure itself. At least with the one I opened from the worst package.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I have got 3; but only checked out 1 of them and the only real problem with him. Is that He looks as though he had an airbubble on the right side of his lip that popped and was painted over. I will have to check out the others but I am going to customize those anyways.
    JD

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    So far i have been fortunate enough not to have any quality issues with the figures that I open, however I wish they would do something the bent cards that keep coming. The only figure that I have ever recieved MOC were both of my He-man.

Hopefully this outer box shipping will correct that.

I ordered 4. The box was in good shape. Three of the figures inside were in pretty good shape while the 4th was totally smashed. So obviously they are sending out pretty smashed figures from the warehouse. Pretty lame if you ask me. But since I open one I just opened the junk one.

Also, all the belts on mine were painted pretty poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by BURTDAWG View Post
    Whoa!Post a pic.I gotta see this.
    I'll post one over the weekend sometime...

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I´ve orderes 4 and all 4 have a bad paintjob on the Belts

I got two. One with decent packaging and one that was beat to hell. I opened the beat up one to find gray paint all down his right leg and a sizeable piece of plastic chipped off his left ankle joint.

Thanks Matty.

On the matter of paying return shipping, I raised hell on the phone after I paid return shipping for Faker and got a refund instead of new figures. They sent me a gift certificate for an in-store Mattel purchase. When I had to return Mer-Man, I emailer them back at the address from which they sent the label and told them that I would need a prepaid label. They obliged and did the same with Zodac.

The only problem with my Zodac, was that his left calf wasn't attached to the rest of his leg in the package. Fortunately, I am a loose collector. When I opened up Zodac, I only had to snap the piece into place. The operation was a success!
    Look for my Children's book on Amazon.com. Search for "Silus 2000"!http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Whats-Wha...7946870&sr=8-1

Well, my two Zodacs arrived today as expected.

Paint aps are acceptable, no big deal there.

BUT...the package looked like it had been stomped!

This is my first issue with a Matty order shipment being like this.

Mint on card - NOT! I am very unhappy with this shipment. As I read in earlier posts, I really do not want to wait four to six weeks to receive my replacements, so I'm just going to keep them.

HOWEVER...I look forward to receiving two immaculately packaged Hordaks next go around.

Got my two today. Both packages are great, one is as close to mint as mint gets.

I only notice one small paint blemish on the one I opened, on his chin where some flesh colored paint overlaps on to the gray chin guard a little. No biggie, really though. Otherwise they both look fine to me.

Oh, the only thing else I noticed is that his hand doesn't really grip the gun very well and it flops around a little. Maybe if they had cast the handle of the gun a little bigger around it would have worked better. But I am happy with Zodac overall. No real complaints here.

Once again for me...no major issues with Zodac. No sloppy paint, tight joints - just a really nice figure.

Also, after reading many of the "shipping boxes and/ or cards/blisters being damaged" posts, I find it amazing that I get my shipments UPS ground all the way across the country (from California to New York) and the packages and cards make it to me near perfect. (Only issue I can really say was that one of my Mer-Man figures had a slightly curled corner...but he was my display model anyway).

The one complaint I have which REX-203 mentioned above, is my Zodac's gun is a very loose in his right hand. I haven’t had this issue with any other figures weapons. No biggie though...just thought I'd mention it.

Got in y 2 Zodacs yesterday. Niether had card or paint issues. I was very pleased with him overall. The bullets and the jetpack were a fun bonus as well.
    Now on to Hordaks wait and beyond.
    Sorry to everyone who had a problem with this one
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I guess I've been lucky, I have a pretty decent Zodac. I don't know, maybe I'm just not as picky with my figures. The joints are good and he looks good.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Man-at-arms quality issues - photos for future improvements

I received my MAA, and I love it. It is a true classic. Excellent figure! None the less it may be updated for future productions lots:

-the left forearm armor is very loose. The plastic strap should be shortened of 3 to 5 mm. To make stand firm I inserted between it and the arm a small sausage of Bluetack.

-paint applications: sloppy and not adequate for a collector piece that I paid 20 us$ (actually 50 on ebay...) for

See photos of the collar, the fur linings, the sword and the moustaches.

Hope someone at Mattel reads it.

Wow, that paint on the face mask is totally unacceptable. It shouldn't have even been packaged

Try repositioning the strap on his forearm. It stays on much more securely if you place it over the top part of the wristband.

Thank god this isn't the standard. That looks really crappy!

Maybe he just gave the Battle Ram an oil change...
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Wow, that paint on the face mask is totally unacceptable. It shouldn't have even been packaged
    I totally agree.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    If I were you I would definitely contact Mattel and send him back. My Hordak was badly painted so I sent mine back. In 4 weeks they sent me a replacement that looked much better. Good to post though to keep people and Mattel fully aware. My Man-At-Arms has the issue with the fur trim like yours but not the other defects. Its not too noticeable but I may touch it up a bit one day.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"