Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1547

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

I'd have to say that Snout Spout has the rubberiest shorts of any figure in the line that I can think of. They're almost Leech's net levels of rubbery, so I guess it's not surprising that they're degrading the same way.

Snout Spout is cursed!
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Honestly where was our free figure as compensation for the Snout Spout disaster?!
    Unlike Frosta, whose arms were easily exchanged, he really IS a defective figure.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Snout Spout should be the bubble boy of the MOTUC at this rate.

Another nail in the coffin for MOTUC.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

Garanamyr, right out of the box, has a messed up neck peg (it's sitting too high, causing the head to just wobble around when fully attached) and the piece that holds the tail in is broken, so the tail won't stay on. I'm the only one I've seen so far with the neck issue, but I'm seeing at least a half dozen people so far with the same tail issue right out of the box.

wow, now I'm happy my Granny hasn't shipped yet, maybe the 2nd batch will be correctly assembled!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    wow, now I'm happy my Granny hasn't shipped yet, maybe the 2nd batch will be correctly assembled!
    It's not an assembly issue since it's 100% unassembled. That's what makes it even worse, the fact that the ring is broken before anything was ever snapped into it. They're all produced in one batch, they're just shipping out in waves, so if it is a running issue, the later shipments will likely be just as prone to it as the earlier ones.

Heroic Warrior
    My TRU Skeletor has his ab crunch glued together, meaning he doesn't bend over no matter how hard I try. I think if I try a bit harder I'll break something. It doesn't bother me that much, but it still sucks. That's the only figure of mine that has any sort of bad QC issues (besides BG Teela's, Marlena's and Sy-Klone's bobble-heads). Even my Snout Spout has no issues whatsoever. His trunk is all in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlor View Post
    It's not an assembly issue since it's 100% unassembled. That's what makes it even worse, the fact that the ring is broken before anything was ever snapped into it. They're all produced in one batch, they're just shipping out in waves, so if it is a running issue, the later shipments will likely be just as prone to it as the earlier ones.
    Yea I was referring to the joint attachment assembly. If it is a running problem, then Matty is gonna really be bombarded with complaints!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Misassembled Procrustus

This may not be a widespread issue, but I just got my Procrustus, and one of his arms was misassembled. His left forearm was attached backwards. This is pretty noticeable, because his "elbows" are sculpted to look like rocks. The rock elbow bit that is on the back of the forearm was right in the crook of his arm, and it prevented the elbow from bending the right way. The good news is that it is easily fixed by heating the joint. It can then be popped off and flipped back the correct way. It was also the correct forearm. There was no forearm switching.

hmm ill check mine tonight, didnt notice anything last night
    the ignore list is my new best friend

One of my Procrustus figures looks to have a broken right arm at the bicep. :/

Heroic Warrior
    Two arms to assemble properly on "regular" figures already seem like an herculean task for those guys... What did you expect with a 4-arms figure?

For some reason, I dread the time when Mantenna (4 legs) Modulok (6 legs, 4 arms, 2 heads) and Multi-Bot (2 torsoes, 2 heads, 6 legs and 4 arms) will be released...
    Last edited by Prahvus; December 21, 2012 at 10:15am.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Two arms to assemble properly on "regular" figures already seem like an herculean task for those guys... What did you expect with a 4-arms figure?

For some reason, I dread the time when Mantenna (4 legs) Modulok (6 legs, 4 arms, 2 heads) and Multi-Bot (2 torsoes, 2 heads, 6 legs and 4 arms) will be released...

You just have to assemble those by yourself. It is just too complicated.

Why do you think Granamyr came unassambled...it was not to reduce the size of his box, I tell you that for nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

Anything is too Herculean for Mattel anymore....to simply pay someone with 20/20 vision to examine the figures on the assembly line before packaging is too much too ask. Instead of looking at 4 random figures from any given day and saying....ah, 1 is broken, not a huge deal....package them all, even the broken ones....

Just like they knew there was a welding error (supposedly...cough, crap ass materials) on Goddess, yet they knew what could have happened to the figures, instead of destroying the batch, they sent them out anyway....and look what we got in return....and before anyone chimes in....if something is flawed either in material or the process, the factory is supposed to fix the issue, and recycle the affected batch, it's not Mattel's fault or ours that the factory didn't have the correct settings in the equipment, after all It's a vendor, not a Mattel factory....but maybe Mattel should keep a tighter reign on what goes on inside of where their product is made, or find new factories....

Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    You just have to assemble those by yourself. It is just too complicated.

Why do you think Granamyr came unassembled...it was not to reduce the size of his box, I tell you that for nothing!
    And Granamyr is turning up broken, even unassembled, nothing is safe....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Does anybody else's Star Seed look like it got stuck in the gears of a polisher?

Attachment 81067
    1. Shoemaker–Levy 9
    Attachment 81068
    2. Trilobite
    Attachment 81069
    3. Just a good, standard scratch.

This is such a pain in the ass. It is so tiring that the first thing I do when I get these toys is look at them for defects to see if I need to return them. It would be nice to enjoy them.

Seriously, do ANYBODY else's Star Seeds have any marrings on them? Do you think this is worth the hassle of a DR/matty return? I have about 25 days to think about it.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    One of my Procrustus figures looks to have a broken right arm at the bicep. :/
    Mine too. Cracked from the shoulder.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Anyone else having paint issues with Rattlor's staff?

Hello,

I've been reading for a time abou the painted black plastic issues that some people has been having with figures like Spikor. I've never experienced any of this until now, when I noticed that the plastic used for Rattlor's staff is actually black (at least for the golden staff part, not the red snake) and that the painting was flaking. This happened when I removed the staff from Rattlor's hand...

As this happened to me I expect more people having this issue as well. Perhaps I missed somewhere else where people talked about this...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    No, but I have other figures with the same issues....Teela, BG Evil-Lyn...etc....couldn't even hold a weapon up....not to mention all the loose knees and ankles.

But yeah, super glue works, but you have to slowly work the joint for a while after to make sure it doesn't set in one position.
    I wonder if loctite would be effective? Or clear nail polish? That's what I use for loose bridge screws on my guitars.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I wonder if loctite would be effective? Or clear nail polish? That's what I use for loose bridge screws on my guitars.
    I use floor wax on the loose joints. I get a Q tip and get it full of the wax then paint the joint with it and let it run into the crevice. It works on almost every type of joint.

Netossa arrived today. There is glue all over her face. In a not so flattering manner. If any of you have children have them leave the room before you click on the picture.
    Click image for larger version.
    netossa.jpg
    $35.00 for this.

Now I get the joy of trying to exchange her with the most crack customer service team on the planet

So nobody's Mosquitor hands have broken off yet? Or is nobody twisting them at the wrist?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Netossa arrived today. There is glue all over her face. In a not so flattering manner. If any of you have children have them leave the room before you click on the picture.
    Click image for larger version.
    netossa.jpg
    $35.00 for this.

Now I get the joy of trying to exchange her with the most crack customer service team on the planet

Dude, you got the rare "After Party" Netossa. That's just how she rolls!

List of QC Problems

Hi guys,

So I was trying to find a list of most of the major problems on some Classics figures and couldn't find one. I've been collecting since I ordered two SDCC King Grayskulls and got both a regular and bronze variant! I was hooked. However I don't open them and only look at them when I get them.

I only hear about the problems until much later, and was hoping we could put together a list of all known problems. Such as:

Roboto: Arms are assembled backwards
    Frosta: Forearms are swapped
    Granamyr: Tail socket broken upon arrival, bobble head, arms falling off
    Stinkor: Forearms are swapped
    Swiftwind: Legs are assembled swapped

etc....
    Thanks!

I just opened my Procrustus today....and sure enough! A Broken right back arm at the bicep and shoulder....guess I'll break out the super glue