Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1562

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Heroic Warrior
    Just opened my King He-Man, and the crown (and top of his head) are off center. It's not serious enough for me to try to send back the figure or anything (and who knows what I'd get in return!?) but it does speak of a carelessness that does need to be dealt with. I noticed on this thread someone reporting a similar issue with Ram Man's armor.

Come on, Mattel! These are NOT inexpensive figures and unlike shopping in the stores, we're buying SIGHT UNSEEN! Get it together, please!

Here is a photo of my King He-Man that arrived yesterday. I didn't even bother opening him up after I saw this...

Luckily Digital River said they will be able to replace him.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

^ wow they really globbed on the paint and then smeared it there. hope mine doesnt come like that

Fang-Man arrived today with his left foot put on backwards. Hopefully they have a customer service stock left over for an exchange. Between my two bad Granamyrs and this, I'm starting to get concerned for the rest of the year. . . especially for Castle Grayskull.
    Once Photog is announced for MOTUC, I will have no idea what to put here.

So, back in January my Netossa had Glue all over her face like this.
    netossa.jpg
    I finally got her replacement, which looks like this.
    Chesty.jpg
    What are these people doing at the factory? They are running out of the optimal places to dump glue. I guess I am the only lucky one who gets all the Netossa's that have been used and abused like this?

Seriously, does anyone know how to get the glue off of the figure without hurting it? If I can't then I get to send this one back as well. It's too bad no one looks at these things they send out when they send out replacement ones. I have not had one good return experience with DR yet. Crazy, I know.

( I will also post this in the customs forum to see if anyone can help me with the glue problem.)

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    My King He Man has an off center crown as well. Not too bad but annoying. Hey Mattel stop with the badly positioned armor!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by manic mailman View Post
    ^ wow they really globbed on the paint and then smeared it there. hope mine doesnt come like that
    I ordered 4 and this was the only one that was defective.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, jerec350, that glob of paint on the nose is pretty inexcusable. And from the sound of it, mine's not the only one with an off-center crown. Really, how hard is it to AIM properly?!

Like I said, we're buying sight unseen, and these figures are way too expensive for this sort of sloppiness to be happening. It doesn't have to, and it needs to stop. I want to see Masters (and, for that matter, the DC Signature Series), last for many years to come, but Mattel seriously needs to address things like this, because we all know they're capable of better results.

Quote Originally Posted by gitrekker View Post
    Yeah, jerec350, that glob of paint on the nose is pretty inexcusable. And from the sound of it, mine's not the only one with an off-center crown. Really, how hard is it to AIM properly?!

Like I said, we're buying sight unseen, and these figures are way too expensive for this sort of sloppiness to be happening. It doesn't have to, and it needs to stop. I want to see Masters (and, for that matter, the DC Signature Series), last for many years to come, but Mattel seriously needs to address things like this, because we all know they're capable of better results.
    Are you guys sure the crown is a separate piece? I think the hair, head and crown are all one mold. This might explain why he has the droopy lip.

I posted these pics on another thread but here are how some of my Fang Men came in... this is his right knee joint:

IMAG1451.jpg

IMAG1454.jpg

IMAG1449.jpg
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by gitrekker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Are you guys sure the crown is a separate piece? I think the hair, head and crown are all one mold. This might explain why he has the droopy lip.
    Yeah, my crown is off center too now that I look at it closer. I was under the impression it was all one piece but now I'm starting to wonder. I may have to try the boil and pop and see if I can pry it off.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    I posted these pics on another thread but here are how some of my Fang Men came in... this is his right knee joint:

IMAG1451.jpg

IMAG1454.jpg

IMAG1449.jpg
    I had the same problem with one of my Fang Men, I opened it up and it was fine, its just the way its unfortunetly positioned in the bubble, not the knee joint.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    Yeah, my crown is off center too now that I look at it closer. I was under the impression it was all one piece but now I'm starting to wonder. I may have to try the boil and pop and see if I can pry it off.
    Please post when you do. Mine is very crooked as well.

The Fwoosh's King He-man is crooked too...they might all be like that. Does anyone have one where the center of the crown actually alines with the center of his face?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    It's definitely more than one piece. Given the complexity of the design, I think it would be nearly impossible to mold that crown as part of a single-piece head. Also, since I've seen pictures of several different King He-Man figures where the alignment of the crown is slightly different (although interestingly, none of them seem to be right on the money), I think there's the conclusive proof that the top of the head is a separate piece.

Let us all know if boiling the head weakens the glue enough for removal and realignment. I wonder if it might be possible to just soften the glue enough to twist the top around a little and then let it reset...?

Mine is a bit off center but I like it that way. If I was the king I'd probably wear it that way as well. Too busy ruling the kingdom to worry bout that sort of thing

Heroic Warrior

Is it just me or are Spector's legs not on correctly?

or do Spector's legs look like they're not on correctly? I was looking at him yesterday, and something doesn't look right to me. In comparing him with Trap Jaw, it looks like they're not, but as his legs are sheer black, it's harder to tell. What say you all? spector.jpg
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I think if you turn the boot cuts a little and adjust the ankle pivots, they'll look right IMO.

Well at first glance it looked like there was something wrong with his legs but after looking at my Trap-Jaw and comparing I think they are ok.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast-Man View Post
    Well at first glance it looked like there was something wrong with his legs but after looking at my Trap-Jaw and comparing I think they are ok.
    This is the key.

With all this part reuse, it should be easy to tell if one thing is 'not' like the others.... If he looks just like everyone ELSE using those same legs... then all is good.

Heroic Warrior
    I received my Shokoti and Castaspella yesterday. Castaspella's wheel was broken right out of the package and Shokoti has paint chipping on her eye brow. I guess I will begin the LENGTHY Matty exchange process.

photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    So I turned Shokoti's right foot slightly to the right, and the whole boot snapped off. Half of the peg is still inside.

"Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    GOt a MArzo and Keldor from a memeber on anotehr board, I can tell he took care of the figures, but Marzos sword paint is chipping all over the place looks liek it's a custom paint job not professional.

They Keldor has little spots where they completely missed the hair with the paint.

Don't get me started on marzo's paint on his cape outlines.

She ra detachable heads - I can't attach them

I'm having a really hard time trying to put the head on this figure. Has anyone else had this trouble?

I did. It was so difficult that I am scared (for fear of breaking the peg) to swap them out like I do my other figures. Once I got my Filmation head on I decided that was it.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    I did. It was so difficult that I am scared (for fear of breaking the peg) to swap them out like I do my other figures. Once I got my Filmation head on I decided that was it.

How did you do it. three family members can't manage it so far. I got it on ebay and have asked for a replacement but if they are all like that I may as well ask for a refund

- - - Updated - - -

Finally its on. (my mum did it - how weak am I!) We may have smeared all the paintwork getting it on but at least its on. Nice one mattel!