Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

I sent mine back for an exchange because the legs were so loose, it wouldn't stand on its own. So obviously my biggest problem was the looseness. However, the paint issues you mentioned were just as bad on mine. Except maybe on the face mask part. But otherwise, the fur had the same excessive overlapping orange, and the mustache was sloppy and asymmetric.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea of sorrow View Post
    I received my MAA, and I love it. It is a true classic. Excellent figure! None the less it may be updated for future productions lots:

-the left forearm armor is very loose. The plastic strap should be shortened of 3 to 5 mm. To make stand firm I inserted between it and the arm a small sausage of Bluetack.
    Same problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by REX-203 View Post
    I sent mine back for an exchange because the legs were so loose, it wouldn't stand on its own. So obviously my biggest problem was the looseness. However, the paint issues you mentioned were just as bad on mine. Except maybe on the face mask part. But otherwise, the fur had the same excessive overlapping orange, and the mustache was sloppy and asymmetric.
    I have the same exact problem...this is such a major problem. I can't pose him no matter what!

As much as I love MAA but I have to say that this is one of the worst (QA)ed figures I purchased. one star out of five.

Widget
    did anyone get a Man-At-Arms whose sword's handle wasn't all chipped like in the photo?

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Prime View Post
    did anyone get a Man-At-Arms whose sword's handle wasn't all chipped like in the photo?
    Mine wasn't chipped at all. The fur on the armor was more orange than black -- horribly painted -- but the sword was fine.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Prime View Post
    Mine wasn't chipped til I started putting in the figure's hands. It seems like whatever type of matte black paint Mattel is using on these figures just isn't adhering to the plastic very well. The same thing happened to the handle on my Skeletor's sword, and to Hordak's gloves to a lesser extent.

Someone should alert Mattel to this issue.

I ama customizer, so in the next few days I will take paints and brushes and wil try to adjust MAA to make it better. Nonetheless it is not acceptable that a 20$ collectible is refined like that.

What I appreciate though is that Mattel is interacting with the fans for this line and I am positive and optimistic that ToyGuru could really do something to make things go better for future productions.

I cant post pics of the faults with my MAA as I have corected them all now but I had the same paint problem on the left side of his armour. The left elbow joint on mine was also melted together so I had to take a knife to it to cut the plastic and make it posable. The left bicep and wrist joints were really loose as was the left ankle and I had to add glue to them to stiffen them up.

This is the first figure I have had any problems with though.

I just purchased a MAA on eBay and I'm slowly growing more and more concerned with how his quality may be. Hopefully he won't have that many flaws, but who knows.

Heroic Warrior
    Mine has a strange square outline on the right cheek of the non-moustache head, the same wear on the sword handle, and a loose right bicep, the poorest figure yet in terms of paint apps.

Quote Originally Posted by JTMitchell87 View Post
    I just purchased a MAA on eBay and I'm slowly growing more and more concerned with how his quality may be. Hopefully he won't have that many flaws, but who knows.
    Well, if its any consolation, I bought mine the same way and the paint apps were tight. the packaging was creased, but it was a great looking figure.
    I don't know of any figure in the line that will be flawless.Having said that, all of mine have something to pick apart, but its minor, with exception to Zodac.He was sent back and exchanged, with really great and professional service by Mattel.

Fingers crossed for you! I don't like having to use E bay for the resell MOTU.It's a real crap shoot, moreso than the Matty site and its worthy of a thread for Collecting vs Hoarding the MOTU classics line....!

AND I was really surprised by the black mustache...Wasn't it brown in the comics and cartoons?
    Last edited by Cottonwood; August 9, 2009 at 04:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    Fingers crossed for you! I don't like having to use E bay for the resell MOTU.It's a real crap shoot, moreso than the Matty site and its worthy of a thread for Collecting vs Hoarding the MOTU classics line....!
    I'm in the same boat. I really don't want to get the figures via eBay, but with me getting into the MOTU game so late I have little choice. Hopefully I'll get lucky and only find minor errors on the ones I've bought.

I originally posted this in the "Post here if you received MAA" thread but thought it would fit here too-

Mine arrive on the 23rd but I just opened one up today. I've been trying for about 15 minutes to change the heads, but I can't get the head off no matter how much I pull/twist/pry. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: I figured out why I was having such a hard time changing heads- the clean shave head was GLUED on. The face started to separate from the helmet around MAA jaw while I was pulling it. Eventually the glue gave way and snapped. Now I have to file down what the glue left because part of the inside of the clean shave head is stuck on the bulb thing that connects inside the heads.

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Man View Post
    I originally posted this in the "Post here if you received MAA" thread but thought it would fit here too-

Mine arrive on the 23rd but I just opened one up today. I've been trying for about 15 minutes to change the heads, but I can't get the head off no matter how much I pull/twist/pry. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: I figured out why I was having such a hard time changing heads- the clean shave head was GLUED on. The face started to separate from the helmet around MAA jaw while I was pulling it. Eventually the glue gave way and snapped. Now I have to file down what the glue left because part of the inside of the clean shave head is stuck on the bulb thing that connects inside the heads.
    Oh man, that's gross! Never seen such a major flaw on a figure...
    Why did they glue the thing on??

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    Oh man, that's gross! Never seen such a major flaw on a figure...
    Why did they glue the thing on??
    I often wonder how mistakes like that can happen. I've bought a number of Transformers over the years that had parts glued when they were meant to be left loose. Granted none that looked as messy as that, but still it's a hindrance to the figure.

Adroit Academic Professor Griffin's Avatar
    I can't tell from the picture, is that glue? Or was the entire head painted, including the hole, and then placed on the body while wet? Either way, amateur hour.
    Zodac is the name for God on the lips of all fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Griffin View Post
    I can't tell from the picture, is that glue? Or was the entire head painted, including the hole, and then placed on the body while wet? Either way, amateur hour.
    Nope, definitely glued. The hole inside the head wasn't painted. I couldn't get a clear picture but there are places where you can see clear dried glue that didn't connect with anything.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    One of mine had the same paint problem on the fur, but the left arm had a problem you can't photograph: it will move back and forth, but the hinge joint won't allow the arm to move in toward the body. It's not sticking straight out, but it does look like he just put on his deodorant and is letting it dry.

QC is improving on the Mattel stuff, but you have to consider the starting point last year of exploding posteriors and interchanged body parts when saying that. It's better, but still a ways off from where it should be.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Mine has very loose legs too, it's quite difficult to make him stand.

Other than that his mustache could have been painted better and the handle of his sword has the same paintwear like in Uncle Montork's picture.

Makes me wonder if since the production went up on MOTUC's the people who paint these have to work harder and faster, just paint more figures but in the same time given. I mean I noticed the quality has really gone down since the beginning with He-Man and Beast Man. It doesn't feel like an exclusive adult collector's toy anymore but more like a cheaper overly produced figure.

Hope Mattel takes note of our complaints and will do something about it.

HE-RO quality issues - photos for future improvements

Well my brother Powered Convoy & I received our 4 He-Ro's last Friday. Although none of them looked spectacular in the paint apps department, one of them is definitely not acceptable as he is missing an eyebrow!!
    See below:

Please post here if you also have quality issues with HE-RO so Toyguru & the Matty team can see them.
    Thanks.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 9.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

That right there is why you never fall asleep first at a party.

Seriously though, that completely sucks.

I thought if I bought six of them that I would have a good chance I would get a nice mint figure to open and display, boy was I wrong. Three of them were very bad and not even worth opening due to paint flaws and deep scratches in the heads and bodies.

I opened the other three and took parts off of each of them and got a near mint figure. In the end, At least I got one mint figure. I was going to add more to this, but my six He-Ro figures just came in. We will see if I can get a mint one of them now.LOL

Yikes!!

And I was only worried that mine would look cross-eyed (which they weren't).

Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    That right there is why you never fall asleep first at a party.

Seriously though, that completely sucks.
    LOL what sort of parties do you go to????
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I ordered 3 and they came today. Unfortunately, the new protective boxes could not prevent the damage to the outer box. Last month I got my MAA's figures in a solid smaller box that tightly housed the 3 figs and they came undamaged. Today, even with the "protective" boxes, I had one He-Ro that had alot of damage to the card. Luckily, the other two were not in terrible shade, despite the "protective boxes" being dented pretty bad. I wish that they would have been sent in the same type of box that MAA's was sent in as that was much thicker cardboard and would have been much harder for the distribution or mail folks to destroy. I've had many cards with bends and such on previous MOTUC's figs, but this was really bad. Am I alone on this?? I hope nobody else had this issue, but I fear that anyone that orders "3" would have potentially had this issue too.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    WOW!! That figure reminds me the police academy movie.