Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

BA He-Man with extremely loose ankle joints. Haven't had one this bad since the first issue of Beast Man. Disappointing, because otherwise he's a great figure.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    BA He-Man with extremely loose ankle joints. Haven't had one this bad since the first issue of Beast Man. Disappointing, because otherwise he's a great figure.
    Oh that sucks!!

Does anybody esle have this problem!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

My Battle Armor He-Man was a bobblehead, just like Goddess. Shot some superglue in the neck hole...seems okay now.

Well I just got off the phone with Matty - about 30 minutes give or take, I told them of all of the problems i have with the Adora figure, sloppy paint, bobbleheadedness, paint bleeds, warped ankle joint to the point where the ankle cannot be used, the seperating heel and the whole one leg being about 2 cm shorter than the other leg. She took my information, confirmed my shipping address, kept putting me on hold to talk to her boss, then eventually came back gave me a new ticket number and told me I'd be contacted either by phone or email within 72 hours on how my replacement Adora will be shipped.

I hope that they send me one - I've never had to call and complain to any company before, let alone for issues this massive. I'm hoping for the best, but given all the things I've read about returns/replacements from Matty here on the org I'm not entirely hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Oh that sucks!!

Does anybody esle have this problem!
    Yes.
    I wouldn't say "extremely loose", but they are pretty loose. He is also a bobblehead to some degree.
    My Randor has loose ankles too.

My BA He-Mans just arrived along with my extra Adora. All look great...only one QC problem with BA He-Man. On both of mine, it appears he has a thin right eyebrow and a thick left eyebrow. I'm sure the eyebrows on all the figures are painted by machine, which can explain this small problem, but it looks kinda weird. Other than that, I'm happy with them! Great job 4H and Mattel!
    Last edited by wiley007; January 22, 2010 at 02:01pm. Reason: typos

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar

2nd rrSkeletor horrible paint job!!!

I hope I am not the only one that got a 2nd rrSkeletor with an absoulte horrible face paint job!!

The yellow paint looks like it was done by a 4 year old!!

No man really this is not acceptable .... anyone else with the same issue ?

(See pic further down)
    Last edited by Gerrit127; February 2, 2010 at 02:42pm.

pics or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    quoted for truth

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit127 View Post
    I hope I am not the only one that got a 2nd rrSkeletor with an absoulte horrible face paint job!!
    You are not the only one. I got a 2nd re-release Skeletor with bad face paint as well. The yellow paint has a lot of green splotches on it. Check it out:

I have him displayed at work and considering he is already sold out, I am not going to attempt to return him or get another one. He looks fine from a distance.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Man, I hope mine doesn't look like that. I have one I should be receiving today, so I will let you guys know.

I got one with an almost solid green face. I actually kind of like it. Looks like some kind of varient. And I'd LOVE to post pictures for you all, but no digital camera and my camera phone isn't going to cut it.

You'll just have to imagine it for yourselves.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

great I was just anxious, now I'm nervous and anxious thanks , I'll post pics when I get mine which is hopefully between 5-6pm(est) today
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    That looks sick!

Aside from it needing more definition in the teeth and the inside of the nose needs touching up, what's wrong with it? The green looks fine and has an "aged look" to the bone. Maybe it needs a little more touching up, but that's about all I see.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Proof ...

Can anyone please post a pic of the 1st rrSkeletor ... is he the same ?
    Last edited by Gerrit127; February 2, 2010 at 02:42pm.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    Aside from it needing more definition in the teeth and the inside of the nose needs touching up, what's wrong with it? The green looks fine and has an "aged look" to the bone. Maybe it needs a little more touching up, but that's about all I see.
    I actually prefer a more solid yellow paint application to the entire face with the green outlining the yellow on edges by the hood. I think the big solid green patch in the one corner of the forehead is a tad bit annoying too.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    ...I got a 2nd re-release Skeletor with bad face paint as well. The yellow paint has a lot of green splotches on it...
    I wasn't happy with my reissue Skeletor head either. I put the 1st release head on him. I wish they would stop trying to make a yellow to green fade. It doesn't work. I'd prefer a solid line between the yellow and green just like the vintage figure.

Of my 2 BA He-Mans, only one right ankle was tight. All 3 remaining ankles were loose. One of my 2 Adoras has 2 right feet.

I dont see that as horrible for their faces...If you want to compare, here are some images with good resolution for the 1st release Skeletor...
    http://www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk/motucphotos1.html
    Fantastical!

Just got mine and here's what it looks like:

*edit* Just noticed the hood has a blotchy paint job, and that's the only "problem" I have with the figure, love the pain app on the face though. Here's a pic of the hood:
    Last edited by Mijet; February 2, 2010 at 06:14pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'

Should I exchange my Skeletor, or am I just being picky?

I was really excited to finally get Skeletor today, after missing out on the first two sales.

I just opened the white box, and the paint on the face is messed up. Am I just being picky? I feel like for $20, it should be perfect. If a retail line was painted this sloppy, ones like these would stay on the shelves.

This honestly makes me want to skip the on-sale days and just get the toys on ebay. I'd be paying more, but at least there would be a picture of exactly what I am getting.
    Last edited by lannyjack; February 2, 2010 at 07:05pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lannyjack View Post
    I was really excited to finally get Skeletor today, after missing out on the first two sales.

I just opened the white box, and the paint on the face is messed up. Am I just being picky? I feel like for $20, it should be perfect. If a retail line was painted this sloppy, ones like these would stay on the shelves.

This honestly makes me want to skip the on-sale days and just get the toys on ebay. I'd be paying more, but at least there would be a picture of exactly what I am getting.
    I agree with you. That is just wrong. QC again.

EEEAGH!! Good god, that's horrible! Yeah, I'd totally send that one back and get another, if it's easy enough to do. Of all the Skelly pics I've seen, I haven't seen one with a paint job that bad.

Skeletor needs to clean that skull once in awhile! I mean, there isn't any more dead flesh, but the sucker still gets moldy....
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    No, you are NOT being picky. That is an awful paint job.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I just got my two and they look about the same. NOT happy at all. They should have left the face yellow and outlined it in green. The buttons on his armor are all sloppy painted with a couple not even painted at all. It does **** me off with the price you have to pay for these to have this kind of quality. I understand mistakes happen but these mistakes are on both of them. I can only imagine how many more are not up to par.