Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

I could be wrong but I thought the rubber band on Skeletor was some packing error of some kind? And with faker I do believe it's the hair at the back which doesn't really match with the armor.
    Just to clarify my earlier post, I had taken the rubber band off skeletor's head and still had it, so I put it, plus another, on Stratos in the same area, to keep his head from moving around, as a temporary fix. I used a hairdryer on the area to try and close the seam and when I did, the ball joint stopped moving around so much. So if I can glue that later, should be okay.

But, yes...for the price we are paying, this is not good.

wow...my stratos is just the opposite.. no paint ap problems.. tight joints...well tighter than the other figures i have gotten so far.. as for the wings well i just did the quick fix so i now rotate them to whatever position i want...

heck i didnt even have a yellow belt repaint...
    so i guess it was a luck of the draw thing...
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I am kind of upset. I FINALLY got my Stratos today (ordered him just after noon the day he went on sale).

The paint apps stink, compared to He-Man, Skeletor, Beast Man and Faker (got him at NYCC). The paint on his belt is smeared, the paint from the feathery part of his harness is smeared onto the non-painted part. And the wings were put in place too far back... so when you have his arms in a normal position, all you see are the back of the wings.

The worst thing is that the joints are loose... he's like a rag doll.

He can barely stand... He can't hold his arms up at ALL.. the shoulder joints are THAT loose.

the legs are barely poseable because the hip joints are bad.

Should I call and ask for a replacement? Is anyone else having this problem?
    By all means, this is Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybones View Post
    Mine dont have tape, but they did come with long black human hair... It was kinda freaking gross.

I think that is the collect and connect real hair for Catra.

My Stratos' are fine. I got the tape on the boxes that's all. I collect them loose and MOC. I don't care about the tape cause it came this way from factory, it's not very easy to see and it protects the card from shelf wear.
    I carefully removed the tape from the box from the one I opened. It is not holding the bubble, bubble was still on it's card. Maybe they've had some bubbles come off and taped it on following boxes to prevent it from loosening.

One of my Stratos had a superglued knee joint like one might do to tighten a loose joint. I had never seen this on a new figure before. Do you think they are doing this in the factory to fix loose joints?

Not an ideal solution if that's the case.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    No problem on my Stratos, aside from my own nitpicky stuff:

• Gray is too dark
    • Reds not bright enough
    • Wings glued down

But those aren't necessarily QC issues.

I have tape on mine. What sucks is that one of the pieces is half way off. I tried to take it off completely, but it looks like it will take off some of the packaging, so I'm stuck with it like that.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I have tape on mine. What sucks is that one of the pieces is half way off. I tried to take it off completely, but it looks like it will take off some of the packaging, so I'm stuck with it like that.
    UGH see LAME! Thats what I'm worried about happening :-(

Could someone post a picture of how the tape looks like? I'm actually curious since this might just be a normal occurence like those tapes found in the Hasbro Marvel Legends figures... or this could be selective, like those He-Mans that came with and without peg holders (my Dec 1 orders had no peg holders and my Jan 10 orders had them)... or it might just be a remedy for slight damage/packaging mishaps, which I honestly hope isn't the case.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    No problem on my Stratos, aside from my own nitpicky stuff:

• Gray is too dark
    • Reds not bright enough
    • Wings glued down

But those aren't necessarily QC issues.
    This is where I stand exactly.
    I had no issues other then these listed above, but again its more just personal nitpicking.
    I am sorry some of you are having other issues.
    Last edited by Raining Light; February 28, 2009 at 11:28pm.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Mine also came with the tape on bothe sides. Also the bubble wasn't placed correctly on the card. I always keep one MOC an put them on a shelf, butt this box fell over. I wish i had took some pictures of the box to show how crappy this one was.
    Because i ordered two of them (one still on the way) i opened this one.

The paint on the figure is almost perfect, butt the legg joint are so loose that it took me like 10 minutes to make him stand with the other figures.

All of the other figures and cards of MOTUc that i ordered are completely fine.
    It's just this Stratos figure, so i still have good hope that the future figures will be OK.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Seas View Post
    Could someone post a picture of how the tape looks like? I'm actually curious since this might just be a normal occurence like those tapes found in the Hasbro Marvel Legends figures... or this could be selective, like those He-Mans that came with and without peg holders (my Dec 1 orders had no peg holders and my Jan 10 orders had them)... or it might just be a remedy for slight damage/packaging mishaps, which I honestly hope isn't the case.
    well people are already reporting some coming with it some not and some having it but just on one side. As far as i know stratos is the only figure this has appeared on as well.

What did we expect? Not to get political but these are being made in China from the lowest bidder probobly for pennies. Then they are packaged and thrown together in boxes and shipped to Digital River who further throws them around and finally sold to us for top dollar. And we love it because we're so happy to have MOTU again that we'll take whatever Mattel gives us and buy it up in a matter of hours. Do you want quality control? Boycott the line! But that will never happen because we are so desperate for new MOTU, myself included, I am absolutely addicted to collecting MOTU. Unfortuneatly for the true collectors this has been the trend for the last few years with all figures from all brands not just Mattel. It's funny how original MOTU was made in other counties like Mexico and Malaysia and Taiwan and the quality was top notch for the day. And here we have MOTUC being made in one country in one factory and being sold for DOUBLE the price of your average figure today and they are falling apart in the bubble. Just an observation of mine, and it's very sad to see the poor quality of such an anticipated line, which seems to degrade in quality as it's success grows.

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    heck i didnt even have a yellow belt repaint...
    so i guess it was a luck of the draw thing...

What do you mean "yellow belt repaint?" Does yours have the yellow belt from the card-back art??
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    What do you mean "yellow belt repaint?" Does yours have the yellow belt from the card-back art??
    i have a post with pictures showing that my stratos originally had a yellow belt and it was repainted red. it doesnt really bother me one way or the other.

i would have rather had them leave the belt yellow than try to repaint it. but that is just me
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

My looks fine! I didn't even notice the tape until I read this thread and went to inspect.
    I think his paint job is fantastic!
    Yellow belts however is a curious developement. . .
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    My looks fine! I didn't even notice the tape until I read this thread and went to inspect.
    I think his paint job is fantastic!
    Yellow belts however is a curious developement. . .
    HA!!! i just looked at my MOC stratos closer and he DID have tape on his package as well!.

I say DID because i took it off. there were no poblems either. It came off really easy. I think it was there as a precaution since the bubble is on there pretty well.

i spose you could heat up the tape a bit if you're worried it will tear the packaging.

hope this helps all of you with tape.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

well...

Mine is split like this too. Out of the 4, the one I picked to open. My luck. I am not worried though, it is an Action Figure. There are ALOT more things I need to worry about in the world than this. Not bashing ANYONE here. Just my 2 cents!
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

It's funny Beast Man appears IMO to be a much harder paint app. Yet mine was flawless, yet Stratos, again IMO seems relatively simpler, but mine has a tiny blue line on his right lens, gray on his nose, the lite blue from the leaves on his shoulders on his blue armor, and don't get me started on his finger nails. Come on Mattel your supposed to be improving not getting worse.!

Heroic Warrior
    I got 2, one MOC and an opener. My Moc one is pretty nice, other than a couple blue paint drops on the straps of his jetpack. Nothing major.

The one I opened though was a mess, so he is going back. Mattel thankfully is paying shipping after a half hour debate. I basically explained I paid 50 bucks for 2 figures and wasnt paying 8 more when it was 100% not my fault. If i treated my online customers that way I'd be done. They agreed, but they were sticking to their guns that i was paying for a while.

Anyhoo, the one I am returning had 2 left wings, a damaged bicep joint on his right side, and his left leg was so flimy it was as though Stratos had suffered a stroke. The right leg was so tight you could hardly move it, but hed flop around.

I was surprised since all my others have really been perfect after Grayskull.

But like folks said before, mass produced wont be perfect so since they made it right I am ok.

Does sound like Stratos had more issues than the rest though.

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    Guess I'm lucky since nothing is wrong with mine at all. Just curious if there is a reason for his feet to be looser from his ankle joints? Did they do this so that his feet can pose better no matter how far apart you set his legs?

Anyone else notice this?

Toby
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Blue Foot

My Stratos has a splatter of blue paint on his left foot.

Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Uncle Montork that sucks, thats a pretty big splatter Stratos has there.I know it'd drive me crazy.

You'd think that since Stratos was a smaller run then Skeletor he would have less QC issues.

Looks like a baby avion had an mishap on Stratos' foot!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!