Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Evil Master of Laceration mikescab's Avatar
    Got my stratos in last week and it is awesome. However, the head and arm joints are very loose, especially the head. Almost like "used" or "played with" condition. The paint apps on the belt are sloppy as well. I'm happy with the figure but disappointed with the quality of production. I hope this will not be an ongoing trend with figures down the line.

One of my Stratos came with 2 right wings, but the card was near mint condition, ironic. Thank god I bought 2, imagine buying just 1 from overseas, I would have went NUTS, 'cause returning is NOT an option for us.

I opened the good one, and it was looooooooose, especially the head, his noggin could flail, and it has a paint blotch on his left foot.

Please Mattel, don't do this again, you need to start caring about your products or else...you don't like it when I'm angry...*transforms*...
    Last edited by cheungkinmen; March 6, 2009 at 03:53pm.

My stratos's arms dont even stay up by themselves. im really disappointed.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Wobbly left foot and loose bicep. Also plastic chips stick out of the ankles. I am going to open another one. See if that one is better...

Mine's pretty good, but there are a couple of minor things.

There's a little blue paint on his belt, front and center ... sucks. (Is there a good way to remove it / paint over it without destroying him?)

His legs are a little loose, but not so much he won't stand up, so I can live with it.

I just need to put him on my shelf and leave him alone before I wear him out.

Heroic Warrior
    I had tape on my box - I thought that was odd. But it came off really easy and I don't collect MOC so not fussed.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I had to do the "glue in the joints" trick to tighten his hips enough to stand up. Freakin' ridiculous. $20 for a figure with these kinds of problems is unacceptable.

Oh, yeah, I did have the tape on one side of the box too. I busted mine open though, so for me it doesn't matter. I did think it was odd though.

All of my figures except Skeletor have loose joints already. Stratos isn't the worst, Beast-Man is. He can hardly stand by himself. It's impossible to make any cool poses. Stratos is more or less OK. Only the head is a bit loose.
    Awesome sticker included!

Not a big deal to me, but I know it would irk many: My Stratos has two left thighs! I didn't notice it immediately, but there it is, nevertheless. Also, the joints on his right leg (well, where a complete right leg should be) are a tiny bit loose, but not as bad as some have experienced here...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Some place between boredomness and stability
    When I moved the right shoulder of my figure, I found out the paint had it stuck. I didn't force it but it left a very noticeable mark in the very front of the shoulder, as if the plastic was scraped off. Now the only way to hide it is by leaving the arm in the resting position. No good for a flying character.
    Also, there was a whole line of red paint in his belly just above the belt. I guess I'll have to pose Mer-Man stabbing him in the stomach. But all the articulation is just perfect. I still love this figure, but the mark on his shoulder is a real turndown.

Bang your head!!!
    The Stratos that I opened has a loose neck and right ankle. No worries... Also got them with the tape... Again no big deal...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

To be an International Fan for the MOTUC line is a test of strength, because of the following reasons:

1 - Since many of us use the 9.95$ shipping method, we're always worried it won't arrive / get lost and there's no tracking.

2 - If it arrives, we hope it is not caught by customs and then we have to pay a fee for it.

3 - We have to pray it doesn't come with "2 left legs" because there's no way to return it for a new one, because they go out of stock before we get our hands on ours or just because they don't seem to make the trade like a fellow ORGer here said before.

My Stratos has the best joints of all Motuc I've got (He-man, Beastman, Skeletor) and the only problem it has (but is a small one for me) is some small damage in his upper right shoulder piece. It seems that someone forced it against the torso and it has this crease.

Whilst my MOTUC purchases direct from Matty Collector so far (Skeletor, Stratos) have both been great, it still really annoys me that other fans have been unlucky with their figures. As a fan with mutual love of MOTU just like all you guys, it really annoys me that people get let down ... 2 of the same leg, loose joints, paint damage etc. ...

After all, we are paying for these figures and it's only right we should get them in 100% condition ... it shouldn't be a risk buying something from over-seas, especially from the U.S. ... but I guess a lot of international fans outside of the U.S. live in fear of being one of the unlucky ones each month ...

Personally, good job so far Matty ... but lots of room for improvement ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cheungkinmen View Post
    One of my Stratos came with 2 right wings, but the card was near mint condition, ironic. Thank god I bought 2, imagine buying just 1 from overseas, I would have went NUTS, 'cause returning is NOT an option for us.

I opened the good one, and it was looooooooose, especially the head, his noggin could flail, and it has a paint blotch on his left foot.

Please Mattel, don't do this again, you need to start caring about your products or else...you don't like it when I'm angry...*transforms*...
    Cool, it must be mines evil twin! Mine had 2 left wings! I sent it back though

Mine arrived today, right after I ordered Faker. He's great, the paint on his belt is a little messed up, and of course more loose joints, but I love him anyway. I really hope future figures have tighter joints. Whats the point of having all that great articulation if the figures won't hold a pose?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I got 3 stratos's and all of them have what i would call 'Rough' paint jobs, especially around the skin/mouth areas and spots of red & Blue elsewhere!
    Which I think is really a bad sign, as the paint jobs on my He-man, Beastman and skeletor are superb, and they are all have far more intricate paint jobs on the faces than Stratos! Im worried about Merman now, maybe mattel swapped factories or something (or should fire the person who does the faces).
    The Stratos I opened also has a Very wobbly right foot, but he stands fine. Unlike My beastman whose joints are so loose he falls to his knees (or flat on his face!!) if I try to pose him 'Beast' Like I.e hunched!)
    Cheers AJ

Report quality problems with Faker here

Hy Masters

I got my Fakers now, and i must say the quality very bad.
    (The figure is perfect)

-My Faker got 2 right feet.
    -The armour stands up-does not go down, because the bad position in the package.
    -The pain job is bad around Fakers shorts and arms.

Mattel better you change some things very fast.

Stratos was fine with me, but the quality problmes starts with Stratos!

How´s your quality friends.

no problemo.. yet.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Sad to say not good. Between myself, my brother and a friend of ours we got a total of 8. Only 2 looked perfect. The hair was glued too high on several, and what was really bad were the paint jobs.

You know when you play with figures as a kid how they can get little black marks here and there from smudging? Well, about 5 of these look like that. I don't know if they are being handled badly or still have some wet paint apps when packaged or what, but this is the first figure where I've had really bad quality issues.

Also the one I opened has very loose joints and can't stand up well.

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    I had no issues with my two Stratos'. Even the cards of this two figures were in excellent condition. In terms of quality, Stratos was the best figure so far.

My Fakers will arrive at the earliest in one month. I cross my fingers, that they are at least in decent condition. Im a little bit afraid now.

I wasn't lucky enough to have gotten a Faker figure, but I have gotten all the others. I agree that the Stratos is the best one so far. Though all of my figures do not appear to have any paint issues on them that I can see......... I am a MOC collector.
    MvM

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    Hy Masters

I got my Fakers now, and i must say the quality very bad.
    (The figure is perfect)

-My Faker got 2 right feet.
    -The armour stands up-does not go down, because the bad position in the package.
    -The pain job is bad around Fakers shorts and arms.

Mattel better you change some things very fast.

Stratos was fine with me, but the quality problmes starts with Stratos!

How´s your quality friends.
    um, how can you say the figure is perfect if you also say the quality is very bad? which is it? I'm confused on that one... if it's 'perfect' then it's quality wouldn't be 'very bad' would it?

so far I've never had any major problems with any of the figures. I don't have a Faker yet, so I'll have to see how he is when i get mine.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    um, how can you say the figure is perfect if you also say the quality is very bad? which is it? I'm confused on that one... if it's 'perfect' then it's quality wouldn't be 'very bad' would it?

so far I've never had any major problems with any of the figures. I don't have a Faker yet, so I'll have to see how he is when i get mine.
    Sorry, i like much the figure and the character, but the quality is VERY BAD.
    Should Mattel do nothing...i mean would i get only one more figure in "Faker quality"!
    I will never buy one more figure!!
    If Mattel does nothing there are going to kill one line again.

How could happen this, the line is so beautiful but
    Last edited by Merman79; March 20, 2009 at 12:57pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'd heard some bad reports with Stratos, but thankfully, mine are fine.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed with Faker - I'd be really disappointed for him to have some of the problems mentioned!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...