Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1547

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Considering that

1) an US international call from Italy will cost you like the figure itself
    2) people answering the phone usually won't even know what you'll be talking about
    3) you won't be able to understand them as they'll be speaking BAD american...

you should try and write to them first, sending them pictures of the broken peg, and they'll eventually send you a replacement figure.

Keep trying with emails as the first replies you'll get will be totally unrelated to your problem...

Yes, it's that bad...
    Last edited by tumalu; December 16, 2011 at 09:25am.

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Thank you tumalu, in the best case scenario what they are going to do? Refund or replacement????

They'll send you a replacement and you won't need to send them the broken figure.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip buddy!

My BP She-Ra also has a faulty neck peg. It is seated wrong and is stuck in a downward looking position. Luckily it didn't break, but it was well on it's way when I was trying to get it to sit right. I was able to sort of fix it with a chunk of plastic shoved into the gap between the peg and the neck.

Too bad, I really like this figure (as regular She-Ra, bubble version not so much).
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Quote Originally Posted by Mamblo View Post
    Thanks for the tip buddy!
    Figurati!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    My BP She-Ra also has a faulty neck peg. It is seated wrong and is stuck in a downward looking position. Luckily it didn't break, but it was well on it's way when I was trying to get it to sit right. I was able to sort of fix it with a chunk of plastic shoved into the gap between the peg and the neck.
    Too bad, I really like this figure (as regular She-Ra, bubble version not so much).
    That, I believe, is an across the board design/assembly mistake. I haven't heard of anyone yet whose She-Ra doesn't have that problem. The peg is definitely either made wrong or inserted wrong.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    That, I believe, is an across the board design/assembly mistake. I haven't heard of anyone yet whose She-Ra doesn't have that problem. The peg is definitely either made wrong or inserted wrong.
    Y'know, now that I think about it it did look like the peg had a funny shape to it, kind of like it was curved. I'd screw around with it some more but I don't want the hassle of having to reconstruct it if it breaks.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    Considering that

1) an US international call from Italy will cost you like the figure itself
    2) people answering the phone usually won't even know what you'll be talking about
    3) you won't be able to understand them as they'll be speaking BAD american...

you should try and write to them first, sending them pictures of the broken peg, and they'll eventually send you a replacement figure.

Keep trying with emails as the first replies you'll get will be totally unrelated to your problem...

Yes, it's that bad...
    I canīt agree. Everytime I email customer service for a replacement (and I had to write many emails the past 3 years, admittedly), the reply was fast, competent and supportive. And each time I received a replacement some weeks later at no additional cost.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    I canīt agree. Everytime I email customer service for a replacement (and I had to write many emails the past 3 years, admittedly), the reply was fast, competent and supportive. And each time I received a replacement some weeks later at no additional cost.
    It all depends on one's luck.

I had to do with matty's CS thrice.
    Battlecat was a nightmare, had to call several times at different numbers and ended up paying A LOT on international calls.
    Then my subscription was cancelled (who knows why) and had to write multiple times to get it fixed as the answer NEVER had anything to do with my problem.
    With Roboto I lucked out and was assisted by a competent person (after the third email try, of course).

Again, you have been just lucky, my friend...
    The org is full of horror stories about Matty's CS...

Actually I did both.

Email and phone call. Looks like I have been lucky with the phone call. They promise me reaction in 3 business day. Let's see what happend next.

My GF's gonna pay for the phone call!

While I didn't get BP She-Ra, unless I'm mistaken, it's the same assembly as the Green Goddess' (The ball joint is on a bar that leads to a ring that the torso strut runs through), in which case, it's the same problem with the mold that I complained about way back when that the way they did the neck assembly leads it to be needlessly fragile and easy to assemble wrong.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Well, my luck finally ran out as one of my Palace Guards arrived the other day with two left feet. It's the first time I've had an issue with a figure.
    I emailed yesterday & included a pic of the two left feet.
    How long do you think I'll have to wait to get some type of response?

Widget

My Wind Raider Is Flightless

So I finally got my Wind Raider today, and man I was super stoked to finally have a vehicle to display with my masters in all it's epic glory. Then upon opening the package with the excitement of a kid on Christmas morning I come to find that the arm that connects from the base to Wind Raider is missing from the package. Thus leaving my Wind Raider flightless. I contacted Digital River and had to try and explain what piece was missing to somebody who had no idea what I was talking about. So for now my Wind Raider remains grounded.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    That's lame, I hope they replace it for you and I hope his doesn't happen to everyone

you don't need the base to make it fly. just throw it from the roof. the harder you throw, the further it will go.

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't see a "Wind Raider Arrival" thread. This one will do. My Wind Raider is amazing. Such a cool piece.

One issue. The action to crank the shooting anchor back in does not work properly. You're supposed to pull up the head on the front and turn it to reel the rope back in. But when you pull on the head of my WR, the head comes off. I have to pull the nut on the inside up and turn the nut itself. Every attempt to attach the head to the nut has failed.

Turns out this is good and bad. It's good because only I can reel the rope in. This assures that my kids don't overuse the shooting anchor action. But it's bad because it doesn't work the way it's supposed to. Oh well. Could be worse. Overall, I'm very happy with the WR.

Widget
    I'm digging the roof launching idea. Plus it just seems like the logical to do since displaying it flight mode might not be a reality for quite some time with digital river and their amazing customer service. I'll probably have to return mine and so it will take twice as long to get finally get it into proper display mode.

I can't wait for mine! I was hoping it would arrive this weekend but, still nothing...

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    you don't need the base to make it fly. just throw it from the roof. the harder you throw, the further it will go.
    I'll admit, that IS fun... mind you, don't get too caught up on the effect, because you can only do it ONCE.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    I didn't see a "Wind Raider Arrival" thread.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=218770

Just received Man-E-Faces, which I bought during the Black Friday sale and once again he is the prime example of the world class quality product that Mattel is putting out today:

Left elbow piece has been crushed:

Small tear in his waist

The top piece of his helmet seems a bit melted (or is this how it's supposed to look?):

And just for fun, here is my Swiftwind (to be fair, I did get a replacement and that one is totally fine):

Two right legs:

They even glued the protective paper under the Princess of Power logo:
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Just received Man-E-Faces, which I bought during the Black Friday sale and once again he is the prime example of the world class quality product that Mattel is putting out today:

Left elbow piece has been crushed:
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...t/DSC01713.jpg
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...t/DSC01720.jpg
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...t/DSC01722.jpg

Small tear in his waist
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...t/DSC01710.jpg

The top piece of his helmet seems a bit melted (or is this how it's supposed to look?):
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...t/DSC01716.jpg

And just for fun, here is my Swiftwind (to be fair, I did get a replacement and that one is totally fine):

Two right legs:
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...t/DSC01695.jpg

They even glued the protective paper under the Princess of Power logo:
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...t/DSC01704.jpg
    Nice... very nice... If starts to get the by now infamous 'white rash', you sure got one sick Man-E... Sorry to see that!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    Nice... very nice... If starts to get the by now infamous 'white rash', you sure got one sick Man-E... Sorry to see that!
    If he gets the white rash as well I'll just have to put him out of his misery
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader