Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    Sorry, i like much the figure and the character, but the quality is VERY BAD.
    Should Mattel do nothing...i mean would i get only one more figure in "Faker quality"!
    I will never buy one more figure!!
    If Mattel does nothing there are going to kill one line again.

How could happen this, the line is so beautiful but
    ah, yes. I see what you mean now.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    Hy Masters

I got my Fakers now, and i must say the quality very bad.
    (The figure is perfect)

-My Faker got 2 right feet.
    -The armour stands up-does not go down, because the bad position in the package.
    -The pain job is bad around Fakers shorts and arms.

Well if you keep it MOC with 2 right feet it might have some collecting value in 20 years... And sorry, but I have to say that your thread name just makes me laugh(yes, 'm too tired)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    My Faker's sticker is messed up on the lower left side. And his sword hand might be warped because of the pose...we'll see tonight when I free him from his plastic prison.

Hopefully I can blow dry it back into the socket better, if that's even needed.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Hey Guys,

my Stratos has a spot on one of his hands that is missing paint (the plastic underneath is red).
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Lets sum all big mistakes. With a world Toy factory like Mattel should not happen those huge mistakes.
    Beastman was the only figure WITH NO problems.

Let us - ToyGuru know this.

Thanks for the 'quality control' reports! I'll post further when/if my Faker(s) arrive in a month or so.

Hope quality control is improved now the line is doing so well...
    To infinity, and beyond!

You folks definitely should also be reporting problems directly to matty collector.com.
    Discussing it here is one thing, but you also need to take the problem directly to Mattel.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Faker and Skeletor are my only figures with no problems. All the rest are loosy-goosy however.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    You folks definitely should also be reporting problems directly to matty collector.com.
    Discussing it here is one thing, but you also need to take the problem directly to Mattel.
    How Val?

There isn´t a E-Mail support.

But Val Sir, ToyGuru is a buddy of you or not, maybe you can tell him something.

Toyguru isn't my buddy.
    I know him as well as you all do.

The Mattel site has a contact form on it.
    I suggest using that until they get their support feature in place at matty collector.
    Plus there is the phone number you can call.

Bang your head!!!
    Toyguru isn't my buddy.
    He's my buddy.
    We do needlepont every 3rd Monday of the month ...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

people with two left feet are known to be particularly terrible at dancing. so if someone has two right feet, does that mean the person is great at dancing? *thinks back to robot chicken* yes, i think it does.

Movie mayhem!
    I've also noticed this starting to happen. The issues aren't bad enough for me to go through the hassle of returning, but for a collectors line and at $20 a pop i realy hope they fix this. 2 of my fakes have sliver bleading down from their belt onto their furry undies and then they are smears of purple or silver paint in random areas... on one of them its smeared on the front of the bubble... I would hate to see these ssues get any worse.

Toyguru isn't my buddy.
    I know him as well as you all do.

The Mattel site has a contact form on it.
    I suggest using that until they get their support feature in place at matty collector.
    Plus there is the phone number you can call.
    can you give a quick description of how to find this contact form on their site? I'm having trouble finding it
    Last edited by Patreek; March 20, 2009 at 05:18pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    He's my buddy.
    We do needlepont every 3rd Monday of the month ...
    So thats where he is and he told me he was visting his sick grandma.Shameful

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I've also noticed this starting to happen. The issues aren't bad enough for me to go through the hassle of returning, but for a collectors line and at $20 a pop i realy hope they fix this. 2 of my fakes have sliver bleading down from their belt onto their furry undies and then they are smears of purple or silver paint in random areas... on one of them its smeared on the front of the bubble... I would hate to see these ssues get any worse.
    I agree especially since they will be upping production numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    can you give a quick description of how to find this contact form on their site? I'm having trouble finding it
    On the Mattel site?
    Very easy.
    www.mattel.com
    Contact Us link at the top.

EDIT:
    Crap in a hat. Sorry everyone. I guess they got rid of the e-mail form.
    It seems to just be phone numbers now.

Writing a letter or calling is your only option.
    But writing a letter is a useful tool.
    Taking the time to write, print, and mail a letter means a lot, especially if they get enough of them.

I am now excited AND horrified to receive my figure on Monday...

This highlights another quality issue in and of itself. How can a Corp like Mattel actually get LESS contactable in this day and age? What are they actually waiting for before Mattycollector actually posts real news, sends out the newsletter or actaully has an email contact for airing your legitimate gripes?

Everyone and their mother on the Net has some point of contact printed on their pages but Mattel doesn't?!!!

there's an explanation for this prehistoric behaviour - it's called hiding from your Customers. Sorry folks - but I can't think of a positive way to spin it.....

And after my Stratos (which was great)almost made me forget all about my rouge Skelly (two left legs - come on chaps - it can't have been that difficult to spot) I'm sincerely hoping my Faker isn't one of those that came out of the factory with a major problem. I'll know in about 3 weeks.
    Last edited by Motorthing; March 20, 2009 at 05:55pm. Reason: tragic spelling errors

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Sorry everyone. I guess they got rid of the e-mail form. It seems to just be phone numbers now.

Given the problems they've had with DCUC QC, I'm somehow not surprised. I'm sure their inbox can only be just so big...

It's something Mattel really needs to address; I think a major reason the DCUC two-packs were pretty well dropped by retailers is the likely number of returns for QC issues, and the same thing seems to be happening with MOTUC slowly but surely.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Movie mayhem!
    On the Mattel site?
    Very easy.
    www.mattel.com
    Contact Us link at the top.

EDIT:
    Crap in a hat. Sorry everyone. I guess they got rid of the e-mail form.
    It seems to just be phone numbers now.

Writing a letter or calling is your only option.
    But writing a letter is a useful tool.
    Taking the time to write, print, and mail a letter means a lot, especially if they get enough of them.
    Ok good I'm not crazy. LoL I remembered seeing it in the past too but then couldn't find it. I wonder why they removed it. I agree that writing letters really can have an impact. I'll probably call in and see how long the wait is.

I mean like I said its not a big of an issue that I want a refund or exchange, I just would hate to see this get worse and I agree with what you said about telling them directly so they actually KNOW about it instead of just hoping they come across a post online.

Quote Originally Posted by TCM Hitchhiker View Post
    I am now excited AND horrified to receive my figure on Monday...
    Well the one thing I did think was better was the packaging. All of my cards were perfect! Before Faker I was getting a lot of bent cards. I did select UPS this time instead of USPS like the times before but I don't really think that would affect how they packaged them. UPS did get these here WAY faster though! Almost a week earlier than the other figures. So yea for me its mostly just the paint issues now that I'd like to see cleared up and I'll be a very happy Panda.

PS. None of mine had the foot problem mentioned.

I hope I don`t have any problems when mine show up, I can`t even complain about about Stratos yet as I`m still waiting for him as well as Faker

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Well I have 1 of each figure MOC and 1 of Stratos and Faker open.
    The whole wing thing with Stratos and his head is loose along with a ankle joint.
    My Faker seems to be fine, but I guess I could say he is to stiff.

Out of my MOC ones-
    Skeletor looks like he has a small scratch on his chest.
    He-Man looks fine and so does Beast Man.
    Stratos is fine but his wings are on the wrong arms-
    meaning when you look at him instead of the wings slightly curving with his arm they curve the other way--outward.
    If they were switched it would be fine.
    --I don't know if my open one is like this, I'll have to look.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Heroic Warrior

my faker has two right feet!!

***?!?!?!?!?! thankfully i am leaving them moc.

anyone else have this problem?
    Good Traders/Sellers/Buyers:

BrianTruitt
    greyskull1
    KB.
    Rain

Heroic Warrior
    My two are mostly satisfactory. The faces are well painted. The eyes are centered and are within the socket. The hairpiece seems to be placed properly. All the right parts in all the right places.

The only thing I noticed is the paint is not as clean as it could be on the bracelets and the silver belt. While I'm satisfied with it and I can live with it, I will say it isn't as sharp as the other figures in the line that I've received when it comes to paint applications. Maybe they had to hurry these into production to meet the NYCC deadline.

That said, they are nowhere near the headache that the DCUC figure have been with regards to paint apps.

Movie mayhem!
    Heard someone else talking about a Lifted bubble... ... I didn't udnerstand and then I looked at mine. I have one that has a bubble with a bigger flat lining that glues down, then i have 3 that look like that HAD that bubble on it, but somehow it was taken off with out damaging he card, and then a smaller one was put on....
    ... anyone else seeing this?