Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1547

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Just got shipping confirmation for my broken BP She-ra and my faulty Swiftwind replacements. Do you think there are still risks to get fautly figures even if they are replacements?

Heroic Warrior
    Just got shipping confirmation for my broken BP She-ra and my faulty Swiftwind replacements. Do you think there are still risks to get fautly figures even if they are replacements?
    YES, unfortunately, there are such risks ! Some people on the forum who got a replacement Swiftwind got another SW with 2 right front legs, for instance...

I pray you'll get a correct, decent replacement. Collecting MOTUC figures shouldn't be so stressful !

Meant to bring this up a while back, but the gold paint on my He-Ro's armor all evaporated, showing the garish blue paint underneath. I had only handled this toy twice, and he's been on display in a sealed display case in a smoke free room for a year. When I moved some of my shelves around I saw it and needless to say wasn't happy. Has anyone else had this happen? I've never seen this before, it was almost like his armor got chrome rot, but there's no chrome! Fortunately Son of Keldor sold me a replacement piece, for which I'll be eternally grateful. But this is freaky, I've never seen it appen before in my 30 years of collecting action figures.

Court Magician
    Attachment 71772Attachment 71773

Here is the paint job of my Wind Raider. Sadness.
    Tell me about the loneliness of good, He-Man. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?

I must possess all, or I possess nothing!

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    YES, unfortunately, there are such risks ! Some people on the forum who got a replacement Swiftwind got another SW with 2 right front legs, for instance...

I pray you'll get a correct, decent replacement. Collecting MOTUC figures shouldn't be so stressful !

Thanks Prahvus, I hope to get a two-left legs swiftwind this time, then I have a chance to have 2 correct Swiftwind finally!

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter View Post
    Attachment 71772Attachment 71773

Here is the paint job of my Wind Raider. Sadness.
    Looks like battle damage version!
    Last edited by Mamblo; January 10, 2012 at 11:14am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Wind Raiders wings obey gravity and won't stay in any position. Has anyone else had this problem?
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    My Wind Raiders wings obey gravity and won't stay in any position. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Only with one "notch", where the wings slip down. Otherwise they'll stay in all the other angles. I think you can tighten the screw on the inside, where the wings go - but I'm just guessing.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior

Factory Flaw Issues with Teela

Did anyone get a Teela with what looks to be paint loss on the head? I can't tell if it's a chip from her falling or a factory flaw. It's a small white spot, but it drives me crazy. One of my goals with this line was to have an immaculate collection.

Matty Figures arrived - box them up and send them back out again.

I got my Star Sisters yesterday.

Tallstar came complete with a scratched up face and splotched purple paint across her chin.

I called DR just to see if I could trade Tallstar's head for another, but no. I cannot. (maybe a head that was returned but is still in good shape?) I have to send back the entire set and get a new entire set. Taking the gamble that another one of them will have an error. (which is likely judging on past experience)

I just got my Demo Man and BG Evil Lyn less than an hour ago. And guess what?

The silver part of Evil Lyn's black orb is all scratched to hell. So guess what? I am about to contact CS AGAIN and guess what they'll tell me? Send it back.

Hey Matty...do I get to keep ANY of the figures I buy? I am sending them all right back after waiting almost 2 months to finally get them. My figures come in and I'm excited, but I don't get to enjoy them. I have to be bothered with boxing them up and sending them all back.

VERY FRUSTRATING!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Well, so much for being extremely happy about getting my January re-issues before the actual shipment notice.

My Panthor figure arrived with a chipped saddle... The most annoying thing is, it looks like they tried to re-glue the chipped piece back by doing a really poor job. See pictures:

panthor_chip.jpg

At this point I don't know if I should even bother with DR's Customer Service... Even though it bugs me to get a 'defective' piece for something I paid full retail/shipping price, I don't wanna be put on any 'lists', have to ship the figure back, wait, etc, since I already had to exchange a defective Mer-man from last Cyber Monday's sale last month...

Oh well... I'll see what I do I guess.
    "From here to Eterni...a"

Finally got the first of my two Demo-man shipments and although Demo-man himself seems fine, both additional heads (The Alcala and viking skull heads) are missing from the package... WAY TO GO MATTEL!

Heroic Warrior

Disgusted with my He-Man

I just got my He-Man I ordered from Matty. I had the reissue He-Man in the past, but sold him. I thought he was great.

This time around, no. There is something seriously wrong with the hair. It looks like it's receding or something. Excess plastic on the edges of the hair, on the face along with small gauges.

TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please post a picture, so we can all admire Mattel's world class QC
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Thats actually a common problem with MOTUC He-Man FACTORY OVERRUNS I buy to use as custom fodder. It's a shame that those problems slipped passed QA and landed in your doorstep. Even with the final output, Mattel seems to inconsistently glue down He-man's hair.
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Heroic Warrior
    I never like to complain as it always seems like a bandwagon. But this seriously annoys me. If I am going to spent $22 on a figure plus nearly $8 for shipping, then I want quality. Not crap like this...

I'm going to fix the hair (of if somebody has a minty card fresh correct one, I am interested if cheap).

It's not only the hair, but the paint application mistakes two. The first He-Man I has (also a reissue) was damn near perfect (should of kept it!).

Not sure if you can see from the picture, but almost along all the hair, there is excess plastic. Kind of like a model's excess plastic you cut away with an exacto.

http://i44.tinypic.com/rjr1np.jpg

My Mer-Man has a few annoying paint problems too.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeoftheBeast View Post
    .... There is something seriously wrong with the hair. It looks like it's receding or something...
    I knew they were going to get Nicolas Cage to play He-Man!!!

"I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeoftheBeast View Post
    I never like to complain as it always seems like a bandwagon. But this seriously annoys me. If I am going to spent $22 on a figure plus nearly $8 for shipping, then I want quality. Not crap like this...

I'm going to fix the hair (of if somebody has a minty card fresh correct one, I am interested if cheap).

It's not only the hair, but the paint application mistakes two. The first He-Man I has (also a reissue) was damn near perfect (should of kept it!).

Not sure if you can see from the picture, but almost along all the hair, there is excess plastic. Kind of like a model's excess plastic you cut away with an exacto.

http://i44.tinypic.com/rjr1np.jpg

My Mer-Man has a few annoying paint problems too.
    Yeah, it looks like there's some extra flash from the molding when they took the hair out. Some are better than others, but you definitely got a bunk one with the hair piece glued so high up. I think the first re-issue he-man was probably the best one, corrected shoulders, no red around the eyes, and good paint apps. That's the one I display and I don't recall the hair piece issues until after that one was released.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    It's an easy fix. There's a thread in the custom section that spells out how to do it. I had to do the same for mine.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Demo-Man arrived with a fairly minor issue. One of his fingernails wasn't painted.

Do any of you have a missing tailpiece on your wind raider?

I am missing the whole tailpiece on one raider.
    My other one as it, in was packed on the seat.

Any others that have the tail missing?

I send DR an email just now.

I am really bummed out about this. It is really sloppy for a 60$ item.
    Returning would be a nightmare since I live in Europe...

That's unfortunate. The one I opened was complete.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Demo-Man arrived with a fairly minor issue. One of his fingernails wasn't painted.
    He put in so much effort with his mini-skirt and tiara, you'd think he'd pay more attention to his nail polish!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

should i bother contacting Matty for a new Leech net?

I opened my leech and the rubber band was put on too tight and cut through my net. should i even bother trying to get a new one or just deal with it?
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

Heroic Warrior
    I'll give you mine.

Its a cool accesory but I only used it 1 or 2 times... Now its in the parts bin...
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?