Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1547

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Fisto quality control issues...2 right feet

so i failed to get a fisto on day of sale and got one off big bad toy store.
    that fisto had an egregious errant paint mark on the forehead.
    so i sold that one on ebay and bought another one from bbts, which i just opened...

and it has 2 right feet. ugh. any1 get a fisto with two left feet? can we swap feet perchance?
    thought i'd ask before i drop $50+ on another fisto. bringing the grand total spent on a damn non errored fisto figure to $120 damn dollars.

any help would be appreciated

I understood from others that BBTS has a good return policy. Did you contact them?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I can't help you with the feet, but have you just tried contacting Big Bad Toy Store's customer service? From what I've heard from other members that use them, they are pretty good about taking care of issues like this... much better than MattyCollector. They may just let you return it for an exchange (if they have any left) or refund.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    If he sends it back, they'll refund his money. They'll also offer him a few dollars (30%) in store credit if he keeps it. I had bought a United Jazz from them that had two left feet.

I don't think they have any Fisto's left though.

i just emailed them. thanks guys.
    ya no fistos left but maybe i can get some kind of recompense

I was so happy to get my Battle Cat, I was counting down the days and finally 10 minutes ago UPS came. I saw the beautiful white mailer box and opened it up. I was a bit disappointed. I wanted to keep it sealed but the helm was crooked and there was a rip in the same corner. here are some pics..Attachment 78173
    Attachment 78174
    is this an issue?
    what should I do?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Okro View Post
    Thanks BC. Didn't know about Swiftwind or the original He-Man. Gotta look now.

My Goddess had crotch issues. Do you know if the Bubbble Power She-Ra is a satisfactory pelvis replacement?
    Roboto and King Hssss have reversed shoulders as well.

IIRC the helm on BC rarely stayed in place during transit as mine had flopped all around as well. Stays fine once it's out of the package though! And a slight tear in the box shouldn't be too horrible as packages were meant to be opened and discarded!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

yeah its not Too Bad, Ill try and starighten out the helm. This guy is awesome

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone else have a defective Vykron belt? I opened mine to find that the peg on the belt of the military armor guy...well...just wasn't there! Now I get the pleasure of the return/exchange process. *crosses fingers*

How is it that Digital River/Mattel can't keep track of their backstock? When I called to make sure I could get an exchange, they were telling me that they have no idea how many they have left. It's very frustrating to not know if I'm going to get an exchange or a refund. (i.e. Do I need to go buy another?) Anyone know how long it takes for a return to be processed?

Sorry for the terrible image quality...I don't have a camera that can take close up images well.
    Defective side: IMG_6815.jpg
    Normal side: IMG_6816.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Court Magician
    Hey, is anybody having problems with the Griffin wings?? mine are like bending to the outer sides, almost as if the plastic was too soft.
    I have it next to swifty and the horse's wings are still in place and stiff, opposite to the Griffin's

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianknott View Post
    I was so happy to get my Battle Cat, I was counting down the days and finally 10 minutes ago UPS came. I saw the beautiful white mailer box and opened it up. I was a bit disappointed. I wanted to keep it sealed but the helm was crooked and there was a rip in the same corner. here are some pics..Attachment 78173
    Attachment 78174
    is this an issue?
    what should I do?
    I've personally seen 4 MOC Battle Cats and they ALL have crooked helmets in the package. I have 2 of them myself, and Im a MOC Collector so this really stinks for me.

Court Magician
    IMG_0422.jpg

This is what I´m talking about,
    Bendy wings

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    I've personally seen 4 MOC Battle Cats and they ALL have crooked helmets in the package. I have 2 of them myself, and Im a MOC Collector so this really stinks for me.
    I have a MOC collection, and my Battlecat came with his helmet crooked, but as I stated in another thread, I am anal and find it hard to settle for less than perfect. Well let's just say that if you practice extreme patience, you can put the helmet on straight without even looking like it was opened. Just peel the tape back and open the end where his head is and fix his helmet. Then just press the tape back and you will never know that it had been opened. Like I said, this takes patience, the process probably took an hour or so for me to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by legodrew View Post
    IMG_0422.jpg

This is what I´m talking about,
    Bendy wings
    I have 5 Grffins and none of them have that issue. Maybe it got too warm for yours one day and they warped. But they are a much softer plastic than Swiftwind's.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I have 5 Grffins and none of them have that issue. Maybe it got too warm for yours one day and they warped. But they are a much softer plastic than Swiftwind's.
    Its been hot outside, but inside my room not too much.
    Well, now I´m gonna try to set them straight, somehow, maybe some sticks haha, bad luck I'm the only one with this problem

Usually with warped plastic parts, you can heat them up, reposition them and they usually go back to their original molded position.

Quote Originally Posted by legodrew View Post
    Its been hot outside, but inside my room not too much.
    Well, now I´m gonna try to set them straight, somehow, maybe some sticks haha, bad luck I'm the only one with this problem
    maybe it's in the direct sunlight?

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    maybe it's in the direct sunlight?
    No direct sunlight for the toys, cause its harmful

Thanks for the suggestions, will try to heat them up, and see if I can straighten up, lets hope they dont bend again in a couple of days.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar

I Guess I am So Unlucky This Year !

Well, The title says it all ! Now I don’t want to make this a 3 foot long post & bore you for life. And to be honest, after watching what I got from Matty Collector, I am virtually speechless... wordless ! It was such a SHOCKER to me !

As some you may know, I am one among the “luckiest” customers who actually never received February Subscription figures due to lost shipment OR unknown BS ! (Sorceress, Fisto & Shadow Weaver X 2. That’s 3 CORE 2012 FIGURES X 2 GONE IN ONE SHOT) ! Getting in touch with DR was even more painful ! For more details on that “Epic Battle” Click Here!

Result: After 5 months of “forced” waiting, one sided mails & multiple expensive overseas calls, DR refused to reship Shadow Weaver figures since I already received a replacement for this year (Star Sisters, who would have thought that this replacement would turn into a killer blow for me). Last week, they refunded me $100.00 out of $155.00 (Sorceress X 2 = $40.00 + Fisto X 2 = $40 + Shipping $35.00 + Shadow Weaver X 2 = $40.00). they also informed me that I will no longer be able to get ANY replacements on future products because of Mattel’s new “International Shipping Policy” ! I virtually pleaded them to reship at least Shadow Weaver figures, but they were so strict with their terms.

Fast Forward………

Just when I thought that everything seemed to move fine, I never received my DOS Horde Prime & Evil-Lyn. I had to keep quite because of their “change of policy”. So really, there was no other option for me other than waiting. AT LAST, they arrived….. Along with Vykron & Spikor ! Wouldn’t you be happy to see different timed shipments arriving at the same time ? I was ! I really was…….. But it lasted only until opening the figures !!

Instead of explaining what I received from Matty, Why not feast your eyes by watching yourself ?

There is nothing much to say about Evil-Lyn & Horde Prime (although only UK HP head had QC issue, the actual figure was fine). As for Spikor(s), one seems to be fine with a pink neck peg, but the other one has super long “black” peg. And because of this, look where his head lands to its maximum limit !!

I know I can’t call DR anymore because of Mattel/DR’s “New Policy”. Even if do, they’ll say the same “you already had too many replacements for this year, so…. You Can’t See Me” blah blah stuff !

All in all, It has not been a good year for me as a MOTUC collector ! 2010 & 2011 were GREAT, I hope my bad luck ends with Spikor in 2012 !
    Last edited by TUC138; September 3, 2012 at 09:54am.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Yesterday I was dusting my MOTUC display and I found that my Snout Spout is having issues with his trunk. I found some "cracks" due to the poor quallity of the soft plastic they used. I've heard about this issue, but I never thought that I would complaint about it, since I don't play with my figures so much, I just posed him when I got him, and he stayed that way since then.
    IMG_5052.JPG
    Last edited by MOONCHILD; September 5, 2012 at 09:25pm. Reason: Photo added

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    I know I can’t call DR anymore because of Mattel/DR’s “New Policy”. Even if do, they’ll say the same “you already had too many replacements for this year, so…. You Can’t See Me” blah blah stuff !
    In the last video before the 2013 subs closed Toyguru said that they won't replace lost figures but that you can always get replacements for defective figures. I also asked about this on the askmatty forums and got this as an answer: "Defective products will be replaced when we receive them back at our warehouses. We do not pay the shipping for you to send it back, but a replacement will be issued free of charge (including shipping) once the item is received."

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaacharias View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    In the last video before the 2013 subs closed Toyguru said that they won't replace lost figures but that you can always get replacements for defective figures. I also asked about this on the askmatty forums and got this as an answer: "Defective products will be replaced when we receive them back at our warehouses. We do not pay the shipping for you to send it back, but a replacement will be issued free of charge (including shipping) once the item is received."
    "...only if it's been 30 days or less since you ordered." I learned this the hard way. Open your figs and inspect them carefully right away!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    "...only if it's been 30 days or less since you ordered." I learned this the hard way. Open your figs and inspect them carefully right away!
    Seriously? Toyguru "forgot" to mention that...

Doesn't help international customers cos sometimes it takes longer than 30 days for the figs to reach us
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar