Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1562

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Well, The title says it all ! Now I don’t want to make this a 3 foot long post & bore you for life. And to be honest, after watching what I got from Matty Collector, I am virtually speechless... wordless ! It was such a SHOCKER to me !

As some you may know, I am one among the “luckiest” customers who actually never received February Subscription figures due to lost shipment OR unknown BS ! (Sorceress, Fisto & Shadow Weaver X 2. That’s 3 CORE 2012 FIGURES X 2 GONE IN ONE SHOT) ! Getting in touch with DR was even more painful ! For more details on that “Epic Battle” Click Here!

Result: After 5 months of “forced” waiting, one sided mails & multiple expensive overseas calls, DR refused to reship Shadow Weaver figures since I already received a replacement for this year (Star Sisters, who would have thought that this replacement would turn into a killer blow for me). Last week, they refunded me $100.00 out of $155.00 (Sorceress X 2 = $40.00 + Fisto X 2 = $40 + Shipping $35.00 + Shadow Weaver X 2 = $40.00). they also informed me that I will no longer be able to get ANY replacements on future products because of Mattel’s new “International Shipping Policy” ! I virtually pleaded them to reship at least Shadow Weaver figures, but they were so strict with their terms.

Fast Forward………

Just when I thought that everything seemed to move fine, I never received my DOS Horde Prime & Evil-Lyn. I had to keep quite because of their “change of policy”. So really, there was no other option for me other than waiting. AT LAST, they arrived….. Along with Vykron & Spikor ! Wouldn’t you be happy to see different timed shipments arriving at the same time ? I was ! I really was…….. But it lasted only until opening the figures !!

Instead of explaining what I received from Matty, Why not feast your eyes by watching yourself ?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...erence/QC5.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...erence/QC6.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...iva138/HP2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...iva138/HP1.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...erence/QC3.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...erence/QC1.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...erence/QC2.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...erence/QC4.jpg

There is nothing much to say about Evil-Lyn & Horde Prime (although only UK HP head had QC issue, the actual figure was fine). As for Spikor(s), one seems to be fine with a pink neck peg, but the other one has super long “black” peg. And because of this, look where his head lands to its maximum limit !!

I know I can’t call DR anymore because of Mattel/DR’s “New Policy”. Even if do, they’ll say the same “you already had too many replacements for this year, so…. You Can’t See Me” blah blah stuff !

All in all, It has not been a good year for me as a MOTUC collector ! 2010 & 2011 were GREAT, I hope my bad luck ends with Spikor in 2012 !
    Man, I feel for you. That is really appaling.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Yikes TUC138...just yikes.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I also found another problem with ome recent figures. On both my HP and Fisto, their torsos are not centered. This becomes more evident when you take their armors of. I'm working now, but i'll take some photos and upload them later.

Anyone else found this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by MOONCHILD View Post
    I also found another problem with ome recent figures. On both my HP and Fisto, their torsos are not centered. This becomes more evident when you take their armors of. I'm working now, but i'll take some photos and upload them later. Anyone else found this problem?
    I've never whipped out the proverbial ruler to take a measurement, but perhaps. Nothing overtly noticeable though. And funny but sometimes when you start looking for problems... that's all you see. I choose to look on the brighter side when the problems aren't egregious. Perhaps it's the uber naive way to go, but it's how I choose to see things.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I also found another problem with ome recent figures. On both my HP and Fisto, their torsos are not centered. This becomes more evident when you take their armors of. I'm working now, but i'll take some photos and upload them later.

Anyone else found this problem?
    My Fisto's waist piece that includes the loincloth and belt was placed terribly off center and makes his torso look off center, if that is what you mean.

Here it is:
    Torsos.jpg
    Is there a way to fix this?

^ I had a Kobra Kahn that was like that, his loin cloth literally hit the left leg when you moved it up, I tried to move it with some heat but it just melted it, I sent it back for a replacement as I tried that the 1st day I got him.
    I had the worst experience with DR getting that replacement too, I had to call them 5 times until they made it right.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Dragon Blaster Skeletor shoulder problem.

This'll be the first figure I have to send back. Anybody else have an issue. (Just the shoulder on the "dragon" side.

Edit:
    After further inspection...the shoulder doesn't have a joint. Whuh?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    This'll be the first figure I have to send back. Anybody else have an issue. (Just the shoulder on the "dragon" side.

Edit:
    After further inspection...the shoulder doesn't have a joint. Whuh?

What is the problem? Does the shoulder not turn in its socket like spikor? Right now it just looks like it needs to be rotated around as it is upside down.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is:
    Torsos.jpg
    Is there a way to fix this?
    It is very hard to remove the loincloth from the crotch. There are some customizers who could give you some tips. The best way to fix that is to inspect every figure you get thoroughly on the first day and return for a replacement, but I see you are international, so I guess you are in a pickle. But don't worry, QC is only getting better. We have many figures coming that probably won't have their paint scratched off of their black plastic.

After inspecting my snake men one of the yellow ones had 2 right thighs. The best part is that he has the lumpy thighs which are the most discernible. This is 2 out of 3 orders with a QC issue from Matty. I'm beyond frustrated with this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    After inspecting my snake men one of the yellow ones had 2 right thighs. The best part is that he has the lumpy thighs which are the most discernible. This is 2 out of 3 orders with a QC issue from Matty. I'm beyond frustrated with this garbage.
    Get used to it. It hasn't gotten better in 4 years. Hopefully you won't fall in the category of the "abusive returner" where you return too many defective figures for replacement. Luck of the draw on 1/10 defective figures sucks doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Get used to it. It hasn't gotten better in 4 years. Hopefully you won't fall in the category of the "abusive returner" where you return too many defective figures for replacement. Luck of the draw on 1/10 defective figures sucks doesn't it?
    What is the number of returns allowed? I'm amazed that they can send junk and we have to keep it.

Heroic Warrior
    Living in a reality where MOTUC goes on forever and ever and ever.....
    I thought I would post this here, as well, as the arrival thread. My dragon blaster Skeletor came in pretty good shape, but I am not really happy with the way the dragon sits on his back. He does not sit perfectly flush with the armor, and when I do get him as close he possible, he is kind of looking up, not straight. It doesnt seem like much, but kind of takes away from the figure when looking straight on. The way the armor is molded, I can see this being an issue for quite a few people. So anybody else have this problem? Just seems the latest reason why a figure is not perfect. Stuff like this is just aggravating.

Photobucket

Photobucket
    Last edited by iumma; September 30, 2012 at 06:25pm.

Heroic Warrior

Loose arms on MOTUC figures?

hey guys, I was dissappointed today when I opened my battle armor skeletor to discover that it's right arm was really loose. I am a bit a.d.d when it comes to displaying my figures, most of them need their main weapon in their right hand (sorry leftys, you are all too shifty for me )and their secondary weapons or shields go in their left. Anyway its just tight enough to not fall down but it will after a little time if I wanted to pose it. Sucks
    anyone else have issues with this figure?

Loose joints have been a big problem for me. Usually its the ankles that are loose. I only have one figure that has loose arms and thats the goddess. Her arms are sooo loose that they will only flop at her sides. I guess thats pretty good that is the only thing wrong with her, since most of them explode at the hip.

I think the limb looseness is luck of the draw.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't had that problem with that figure, but I bet you can fix it by wrapping one of the clear rubber bands they use to secure the figures in the package around the offending joint and tighten it up some. I've done that too all my loose ankles and a loose hipped Stratos and they are all fine now.

dab some super glue and tighten the joint.

No, but I have other figures with the same issues....Teela, BG Evil-Lyn...etc....couldn't even hold a weapon up....not to mention all the loose knees and ankles.

But yeah, super glue works, but you have to slowly work the joint for a while after to make sure it doesn't set in one position.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

My BA Skeletor has super tight joints, also never had any looseness issues with the arms, only ankles so far

My Man-e-Faces has a loose left leg up at the hip. He is my only one whose legs are that loose, Beastman a lil as well. Kinda annoying!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Every loose joint (except shoulders and hips) is an "easy" fix with fingernail laquer.

My 1st issue Beastman has ridiculously loose hips. A lot of my other figures have loosened hips from customization. Baking seemed like the better way than boiling for a little while-- but it's really not.

Strange paint job on Skeletor head

I just got Skeletor last night. From the get-go I planned to switch out the head for the Alcala head that came with Demo-Man.

Good thing, because the stock head was painted strangely:

Looks like the green got smeared somehow on the forehead. Anyone see this before?

My Skeletor is similar but not as weird as yours, also he has the opened hand which is also weird since the second release has the close hand. I got mine from the essentials sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    My Skeletor is similar but not as weird as yours, also he has the opened hand which is also weird since the second release has the close hand. I got mine from the essentials sale.
    Yours actually had the burst on it?

I ordered a Hordak from the "essentials" to do a Filmation custom, and the Hordak I ended up with was a first edition with no mailer.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!