Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1547

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    My re-issue Skeletor head is as bad as yours. Paint job on his face is just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    My re-issue Skeletor head is as bad as yours. Paint job on his face is just horrible.
    It's strange because everything else on the figure is top quality. Also the paint fading on the Alcala head is fantastic. You'd think they'd have better quality control on the principal villain figure.

Heroic Warrior

Wow... ummmm...

Maybe it's the picture quality... but honestly, I kinda LIKE that!!!

Kind of gives the green/yellow or more natural look. I was never a fan of the green 'war paint' on the original vintage version

Maybe they were using your Skeletor head for training new painters!
    Hey Matty, finish my Battle Ram, please!

Snappy Threader
    Yeah that looks bad, I have never had any look like that. Some of my Skeletor's are painted lighter (or darker) than others, but nothing like this.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I got one like that awhile back from the essentials for my nephew to give him for Christmas this year with Battle Cat and it looks the same as yours. I'm just too lazy to send it back, but I was tempted. This was the worst paint job I've ever had in the line and on one of my all time favorite characters......bummer. I hope nobody else got a head like that!!

I think that head was meant for our next variant: Guacamole Skeletor™!
    "From here to Eterni...a"

Here is my weird Skeletor. With opened hand and burst. The face is not as weird as the first image. It looks dirty but I kinda like it.

SkeletorHead.jpg

100_4846.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Wow... ummmm...

Maybe it's the picture quality... but honestly, I kinda LIKE that!!!

Kind of gives the green/yellow or more natural look. I was never a fan of the green 'war paint' on the original vintage version
    It looks a bit more blended in that pic due to low resolution. The forehead almost has an army camo pattern to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    Here is my weird Skeletor. With opened hand and burst. The face is not as weird as the first image. It looks dirty but I kinda like it.

SkeletorHead.jpg

100_4846.jpg
    I agree... that kinda funky painted head.. has a gnarly look that frankly... Skeletor is flat out ROCKIN!! lol

Court Magician
    I have the same one picked it up in july for my b-day

Quote Originally Posted by lannyjack View Post
    I was really excited to finally get Skeletor today, after missing out on the first two sales.

I just opened the white box, and the paint on the face is messed up. Am I just being picky? I feel like for $20, it should be perfect. If a retail line was painted this sloppy, ones like these would stay on the shelves.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1549/imag0004n.jpg

This honestly makes me want to skip the on-sale days and just get the toys on ebay. I'd be paying more, but at least there would be a picture of exactly what I am getting.
    That pretty much looks like mine.

It kinda looks like they watered down the green paint too much or something... but I gotta say.. neat happy accident.

Heroic Warrior

My Beast Man Broke! ARRRRGH!

So after having spent six months in a storage unit, my MOTUC figures finally came out to stand on a new shelf I had put up just for them. Of the crew, Beast Man was one of them, All had stayed MOC in their mailer boxes for the storage period. I opened Beast Man and a few others yesterday and displayed them on said shelf. This morning, I go to move Beast Manso as to make room for my BF/CM hauls and his hand for the whip just snaps off! I am furious right now! I just charged another fifty on my credit card to replace him on eBay. How bad is the situation with his whip hand? Have there been other issues? The Beast Man that broke was from Matty BTW, not a third party vendor and he had been sealed for at least a year.

Mine has been fine, I have the rerelease version. I haven'y heard anything in particular about his hand being prone to breakage.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

This is the first I have heard of Beast-Man having an issue. Mine has taken a few tumbles from the shelf and is fine.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

This happened to my He-Man actually...the plastic they use for some parts is very hard, and under certain conditions becomes very brittle. I welcomed Catra and BG Evil-Lyn's "gimpy" hands, because I'd rather have soft, bendable parts than brittle, breakable ones.

Sorry about your Beastman.

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    This is the first I have heard of Beast-Man having an issue. Mine has taken a few tumbles from the shelf and is fine.
    Hehe, my Beast Man's ankles are about as strong as Achilles' heel.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    I have the first issue of beastman standing for years in the same place, joints are tight

My Beastman was from the first run in 2008 and he's still as good as ever. That sucks though that it happened! Hopefully it's just an isolated incident.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I have a re-release, and he is fine other than loose knees & ankles....I haven't had any of my figures break, and none seem too hard or brittle enough to break....I have countless issues with loose knees, elbows and ankles, and a few with too tight joints, but nothing major like breaking.

Teela has a deformed elbow peg hole, that her peg will just pop out of if you twist her arm wrong, leaving her with a loose elbow, that because of the peg hole, I am not going to attempt to fix. I am not spending $60 - $100 to replace my Teela if she gets broke, so that one, I'll leave well enough alone....but I did drill her main head out a little to let it sit down on her peg more. But still none of my MOTUC have broken.

Now my Ghostbusters figures....that's another story, the hose from the pack to the gun broke off at the packs and my son's at the gun & pack....and I never posed them but twice. Egon's was already almost off right out of the package, but my sons was fixed with some small black string, and drilling out the pack and gun, same with my Egon, I just drilled out pack and slid the hose inside enough so it would stay, and I'm not gluing it, in case it breaks again, but the hole is small enough it makes a pressure fit and it stays just fine. Now the string I glued into my son's figure though, and honestly, I wish they used string, works better, looks more realistic, and will last much longer.

You may have gotten a figure that had too hard of a hand, or was put in wrong and maybe it had a spot of glue that was enough to catch it or something when you went to pose it, it just ripped off.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I have the first run version and he's been fine all this time from 2008 on to today. And heck, he's probably been handled more than many of the others as well; I felt like a kid again when I first got him and He-Man, so they were usually next to me or in my hand wherever I was sitting.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

New Snout Spout troubles, non-trunk related

My Snout Spout has sat in a remote corner of my shelf for a long time, more or less untouched because of his famous fragile trunk and, because, well, he's a dumb looking elephant dude. I just took him down to look at him and the trunk on mine is still whole and unbroken; however, the sides of his rubber trunks are splitting ( I had him in a slight crouching pose). Anyone else experiencing this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Great. I've worried about those rubbery shorts for sometime. Lots of figures use them.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Dang. I knew that rubber material was trouble when I first opened him.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah