Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1547

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Heroic Warrior
    20130205_175007.jpg
    Help help help!

She tumbled off the shelf but the stand didn't break in the fall. She was just standing up and the stand snapped in the center

I hope this is isolated to me and not anything more.

Does anyone have any clever thoughts on a fix? The center tube is hollow. I'd like to avoid gluing.
    20130205_175032.jpg

Heroic Warrior

Draego-Man sword hilt paint rub?

So I was switching out weapons on my Draego man yesterday, and I noticed the paint from the sword hilt had adhered to the inside of his hand.

I think it's because of the paint on the PVC clear plastic coupled with the PVC hands. Now I have a V shaped scratch on my Draego man sword.

Has this happened to anyone else?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    20130205_175007.jpg
    Help help help!

She tumbled off the shelf but the stand didn't break in the fall. She was just standing up and the stand snapped in the center

Does anyone have any clever thoughts on a fix? The center tube is hollow. I'd like to avoid gluing.
    20130205_175032.jpg
    Get a big screw, heat up the underside of the figure, wind it into the broken section and pull out. I don't have SW, but hopefully you'll just be able to slot her onto the base again. (obviously she'll lose some height)

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    So I was switching out weapons on my Draego man yesterday, and I noticed the paint from the sword hilt had adhered to the inside of his hand.

I think it's because of the paint on the PVC clear plastic coupled with the PVC hands. Now I have a V shaped scratch on my Draego man sword.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    My Draego Man has the fire whip and when I remove it some paint from the hand remained attached to the weapon. I think it depends on the paint they use and seems it is not the same for all figures or accessories.

Heroic Warrior

Jitsu Golden Glove Question

I got my Jitsu today and noticed his gold glove did not have the paint apps applied to the 4 dots, I believe it was suppose to be green color paint apps applied here?

DSCN3292.JPGDSCN3295.JPGDSCN3293.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by G3PO View Post
    I got my Jitsu today and noticed his gold glove did not have the paint apps applied to the 4 dots, I believe it was suppose to be green color paint apps applied here?

.......Yup.

Well considering the color scheme, you may have a 'Happy Accident'! It could seen as a good or bad thing on your standpoint.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Well considering the color scheme, you may have a 'Happy Accident'! It could seen as a good or bad thing on your standpoint.
    yeah I was thinking the same thing as it is more vintage without the 200x color scheme. I do however like and prefer seeing small nods given to all eras. Curious if anyone else has the solid color glove?

Heroic Warrior
    Curious if anyone else has the solid color glove?
    I'd prefer an all-golden hand. I'll have to check my extras when I get home.

Backwards Legs on Blue Wing, Red Jet-Pack Stratos!

I just got a figure with backwards/reversed legs. I've not come across this before?
    I know it happened with original He-Man shoulders, Roboto shoulders, and Swift Wind legs etc
    Is blow-drying or boiling the cure for this?

I will assume so and give it a bash...
    The most radical zombie, in all Eternia!
    YouTube: Mal TV - Metal, Toys, Video Games, & Beyond!

Heroic Warrior
    Stratos thrashed Thrashor.

Popped that bad-boy into a boiling bowl of water for a quick dip in the hot-tub! Pulled his legs, which popped off with ease, did the switch, cooled him off and good as can be! I'd not tried it before and could only find one video on YouTube for fixing the shoulders on Roboto, but it was an easy fix!

Just got my Ram Man in today and the chest armor was glued off-center.

2013-02-23153726_zpsb3bd8a02.jpg

It's much more distracting than the photo shows (and moreso with the helmeted head on), so I'd really like to fix it.

Heroic Warrior
    Ouch. That sucks Sizz-Lor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Ouch. That sucks Sizz-Lor.
    I am disappointed, but I'm hoping it will be an easy fix. Hoping the glue lets go after some heat is applied, and I can just reposition it.

(Off-topic, but Amon Amarth is a great band! You have my favorite avatar on this board.)

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Just recently aquired a ToD Sorceress off eBay and after I opened her, I noticed something odd. Her left forarm is put on backwards. I have all the parts right but it was just backwards. Have to fix it laters. At first I assumed I got another of those figures with two of the same parts. But this one is at least fixable!

I hope!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

The "happy accident" I have in my collection is a He-Man reissue with a solid orange belt. They forgot to paint the red circles on the belt. It has a much more vintage vibe.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    The "happy accident" I have in my collection is a He-Man reissue with a solid orange belt. They forgot to paint the red circles on the belt. It has a much more vintage vibe.
    The right wrist gauntlet on my Mekaneck doesn't have the metallic blue paint - just straight blue like the rest of the arm. It'd be kind of a happy accident if both were flat blue (like the vintage figure). Not a big deal though.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    20130205_175007.jpg
    Help help help!

20130205_175032.jpg
    Gotta love the (Not Brittle at all) transparent plastic....anyone with common sense knows it's brittle, yet they made Goddess' crotch from it (surprise, it went boom)....I have the Doomseeker and Orko stand, I am always worried they'll break on me. Roboto has cracks, Photog has cracks....hell I don't even move my SDCC Orko arms for fear they'll snap right off (yes the joints are transparent plastic). My Shadow Weaver is still sealed in her card.

You could probably get a plastic rod the same diameter as the inside of the stand shaft and glue it inside, but you'd need to heat the figure up some, and get the piece out first.

Mine does have the painted dots, maybe yours is a Chase Variant!

Quote Originally Posted by Sizz-Lor View Post
    Just got my Ram Man in today and the chest armor was glued off-center.

2013-02-23153726_zpsb3bd8a02.jpg

It's much more distracting than the photo shows (and moreso with the helmeted head on), so I'd really like to fix it.
    My Ram Man, has a leg a little longer than the other (either due to design or improper assembly, It's not bad enough for me to try to fix, but I may someday), and the skirt piece is slightly off center.

Actually heating up the armor to soften the glue and taking it off would fix it, just re-glue it back to the proper position.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    My Ram Man, has a leg a little longer than the other (either due to design or improper assembly, It's not bad enough for me to try to fix, but I may someday), and the skirt piece is slightly off center.

Actually heating up the armor to soften the glue and taking it off would fix it, just re-glue it back to the proper position.
    Heating it up softened the glue, but not enough to pop off. I still ended up having to cut it off (carefully) and regluing it. Looks perfect now.

About the longer leg, I believe they all are like that.

Eternian Palace Guards - Back Armour Stress Marks

Got some recently, and when I popped the halberds into the weapon holders on the back of their armour, I noticed it caused stress marks on the plastic as its a hard plastic with little flex in it. It's ruined both of the guards back armour totally!

I'm really unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizz-Lor View Post

About the longer leg, I believe they all are like that.
    The right leg is a bit longer on mine. Not by a lot. It doesn't bother me.

There is a tiny bit of paint defect on right shoulder. Looks like the silver paint touched something while still wet. Other than that mine's flawless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    The right leg is a bit longer on mine. Not by a lot. It doesn't bother me.

There is a tiny bit of paint defect on right shoulder. Looks like the silver paint touched something while still wet. Other than that mine's flawless.
    Actually, one more flaw, kind of annoying - the thin, elastic "collar" around his head is warped in one place, like it was crushed by something. Hopefully I can get it back into shape.

I know these figures are much more complex than the original vintage figures, but it's disheartening that the vintage figures seem to exhibit far fewer factory defects than the classics line.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

MOTUC Webstor Discoloration?

I am a MOC collector, mainly because I have absolutely no place in my house to display my toys right now. So my MOTUC collection is all boxed up in the basement. Today I decided to get one of the boxes down just to look at the figures. To my surprise, I noticed that Webstor's arms, legs and insect attachments on the back were a different color than his head and body. Those parts are all slightly lighter, and they look like there is some kind of greyish dust or something on them.

Unfortunately I didn't snap any photos, maybe I still will. But has anyone seen or heard of this with any MOTUC figures? By the way, all of the other figures in the same box were fine, none of the same discoloration. Also, my basement is cool/cold and dry.

So looking into this a bit more, I came across this on Poe Ghostal's site. Could be what's happening to my Webstor. If so I'm really bummed out and concerned. Any suggestions out there?
    http://www.poeghostal.com/2010/12/th...stic-mist.html

i had a triklops moc i bought off of ebay recently that when i opened had this weird slimy fuzzy film that gave off the effect of a lighter coloration on the arms (where it was the worst). i wiped it off with soap and water. still grosses me out.

anyway i try to open up all my figs now which i did anyway except i saved a few moc because (as poe wrote in another post i think) it's the acid in the packaging/containers that causes the weird reactions. so i open and store everything in container store acid free medium sized document cases.

i replaced everything with acid free baggies and acid free containers. but in the case of something moc which has no sun exposure in a cool area it might just be a factory oil applied on the joints that just got applied too liberally im thinking

As far as color issues go, you might find this thread interesting:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ighlight=White

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    As far as color issues go, you might find this thread interesting:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ighlight=White
    Thanks Firefly. I missed this issue when it first came up, wasn't around the boards much at the time. I just read that entire thread and my Webstor problem is exactly that. Good to know the white stuff can be wiped away, heated away, etc. My mind is much more at ease now.