Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberbratt View Post
    He has one wing facing front and one wing facing backward.. I just opened him and he is backward... but the only thing is I don't know which one is correct and which one is not correct..... any one have this same problem?
    Check the back of the card.

Heroic Warrior
    he has 2 left wings according to the photos...

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...X/DSC04067.jpg

darn.... i want a normal stratos... not a confused one......
    Last edited by Amberbratt; April 9, 2009 at 11:43am.

Oh man! That really sucks.
    This really makes me wonder about those toyfactories Mattel is using.. They are in China, right? I am really wondering under what kind of circumstances those people have to work, how long, how fast etc. to make an error like that.
    Lets just assume that Mattel is a company that knows what kind of company they work with.

Getting back to the more important issue:
    Oh man! That really sucks.

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Hey....look on the bright side: he can fly a circle track or compete in NASCAR!

But seriously....we all feel for you. I would definitely contact MATTY to let them know so that you can get a replacement. I would do it ASAP as their replacement stock might run out soon!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

4 from 4

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Hey all,

I went through all 3 pages of this thread and only saw one image posted (the figure that had two left forearms). If you did have an error with your Faker (or any Mattel product) post an image of it here or on Matty's Facebook page. Images are the best way for us to show the vendors mistakes that are made, text only posts won't help us much, we need photographic proof.

And we do keep 2% of all Matty figure runs back for replacements if you do happen to have a figure that is incorrect. Just call 1 877 GO MATTY and let our customer service reps know and they will help you out!

But going forward, anytime you have a mistake with a collector product, just post an image online where we can find it and we will bring this to our Vendor's attention!

TG
    Just recieved my 4 Faker's...
    All 4 have 2 right feet! AND one of those has his legs on the wrong side.
    Here's some pics.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3724021...n/photostream/

This last pic shows the finger prints from the factory worker had solvent or paint on their hands when assembling the faker's.

The number of faulty figures is UNACCEPTABLE.

To top this off, because I live outside the states (new zealand) Mattel said they could not replace these figures.
    But if I return them (at my cost $22US) I can get a refund on the figures themselves.

If I did this I'd be out $44 and have nothing to show for it!!
    Thanks Mattel, good to know your taking care of your international fans.
    I buy these in bulk for me and my friends, so you've now got 3 VERY DISSAPOINTED former customers.
    Last edited by LEE-RO; April 9, 2009 at 06:30pm. Reason: Need help posting pics...

Damn, LEE-RO, I can't believe they didn't see that leg problem! It's very sad all the figures have problem. I relate to you too since I am also an international fan, and having no way to get a replacement is just wrong.

I think you should open a thread in the marketplace just for trade FAKER's FEET. I'm sure someone must have 2 LEFT FEET.

This is what I'll do when one of my figures have this problem...

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LEE-RO View Post
    Here's some pics.

This last pic shows the finger prints from the factory worker had solvent or paint on their hands when assembling the faker's.

To top this off, because I live outside the states (new zealand) Mattel said they could not replace these figures.
    But if I return them (at my cost $22US) I can get a refund on the figures themselves.

I buy these in bulk for me and my friends, so you've now got 3 VERY DISSAPOINTED former customers.
    This is ridiculous. The mark of finger prints on the face of the figure is depressing.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    that 4th pic looks like he has robotic battle damage!!

Zomg I was just gonna say that! should have left it MIP and sold it as a VHTF super Rare 1:10000 Variant!

Quote Originally Posted by LEE-RO View Post
    Here's some pics.

Hi LEE-RO,
    Get in touch with the Commerce and Fair Trading Acts at:

www.comcom.govt.nz

As Matty is advertising and trading with international buyers they still need to comply with local compliance acts. For Australia and New Zealand they still need to follow our rigid policies in regards to providing what is advertised and no disclaimer can protect them in this matter. (This is why we get an extra clause when trading on ebay!!!)

They cannot charge you another shipping bill because they are at fault by initially shipping you the damaged figure. As it is no fault of yours that they have not provided what was advertised they will need to provide you a new figure as advertised or a reimbursement including postage expenses. Failure to do this would breach the fair trading act and Matty would probably get a black listing or at least a very nasty letter from the Commerce Commission.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    No, it's Trap-jaw's fault!

I looked at the four pics posted above by Kencoleman; I have some minor issues like the paint stains on arms, and I can stand that. But that "scar" on Faker's jaw is REALLY annoying!
    I agree. That thing is brutal!

im still asking myself what have they done with all those left legs...
    i just see people complaining about two right legs...strange

Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    im still asking myself what have they done with all those left legs...
    i just see people complaining about two right legs...strange
    They're saving them up for Modulok and Multibot and Mantenna of course. A few figures down the line we'll prolly get all left legged figures so they can stock pile the right legs.

Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    I got 3 stratos's and all of them have what i would call 'Rough' paint jobs, especially around the skin/mouth areas and spots of red & Blue elsewhere!
    I hear you AJ, My stratos has a slightly bad paint ap with his skin colour going a bit above his nose onto his helmet and the red looking a bit thin on his belt. He also has a red pimple on his left arm

The only cause of this that I can think of is maybe bad lighting in the factory. perhaps matty is making those guys paint in the dark???

Or could it be the paint can't stand our harsh Australian environment and swaps around as soon as it goes through customs

I was looking at my Stratos while putting Merman away, and i noticed I have one with 2 of the same wing. They are both facing the same way. (if I was to open him and fut his arms together anyway) Not too noticeable being MOC though.

Heroic Warrior

Zodac quality issues

Just wanted to see the overall quality on Zodac. So far I haven't had too bad of luck, but Zodac was a disaster.

I ordered 10 as always so i have a chance to pick the best package to keep MOC and the best paint to open. Out of 10, not one was passable for either.

The belts all are all painted horribly with smears all over the loincloth. The packages all look like they were stomped on.

Now, the outer shipping box was perfect, and they were packed well. That means they were smashed before they were shipped. I have seen similar damage when we have freight come in from overseas. A lot of times the cases at the bottom of a pallet get squished under the weight of the others on top.

So, I guess I take issue with paying 20 bucks a pop and having them knowingly send me damaged product.

I think buying 10 should insure I get one decent paint app and one decent card.

Im a little bummed and think I may insist Mattel accept a return, which I usually don't like to do.

Got 5. The paint application on the belts are OK overall; some better than others. I did, however, notice that one of the figures has a noticeable gouge in the plastic on the chin area.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I noticed a couple of paint splash on the loin cloth but no biggy, gives zodac character!

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar
    I ordered 2 and the paint apps seem okay. Both cards were damaged though--one had a major bend at the top of the card and one had a big dent in the top of the bubble.

The shipping box was fine--this was clearly done at the warehouse while packing. I agree--I don't like paying $20.00 a pop for a collectable figure that loses a lot of value before it ever even reaches my hands!

Heroic Warrior
    I ordered three. The paint and packages were great on all three. However I did get Mer-Man and his cards were JACKED UP. I got lucky on Zodac.

Wow, every figure I have ordered has been minty and the box minty as well.
    TB-1089
    Inland Empire Squad Leader
    Southern California Garrison
    501st Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    Wow, every figure I have ordered has been minty and the box minty as well.
    Yeah, pretty much.

Perfect figures don't exist--not even at the 200 dollar hot toys level. Trust me--I'm a doctor.
    FISTO'S BACK, BABY!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post
    Just wanted to see the overall quality on Zodac. So far I haven't had too bad of luck, but Zodac was a disaster.

I ordered 10 as always so i have a chance to pick the best package to keep MOC and the best paint to open. Out of 10, not one was passable for either.

The belts all are all painted horribly with smears all over the loincloth. The packages all look like they were stomped on.

Now, the outer shipping box was perfect, and they were packed well. That means they were smashed before they were shipped. I have seen similar damage when we have freight come in from overseas. A lot of times the cases at the bottom of a pallet get squished under the weight of the others on top.

So, I guess I take issue with paying 20 bucks a pop and having them knowingly send me damaged product.

I think buying 10 should insure I get one decent paint app and one decent card.

Im a little bummed and think I may insist Mattel accept a return, which I usually don't like to do.

Ordered 10 as well. ALL were crap too. I'm wondering if the shippers pack crappy packages for the higher amount orders and put the more decent package with the orders of the least amount.

Try ordering 8. They ship them 4 per box and my fakers came out GREAT. I actually had 3 SUPER MINT ones!

I order 10 so I can pick not only the best mint (course that didn't happen the way I wanted it to for both zodac and merman) but the best painted ones as well. I had 3 that had good paint apps but had loose looking joints. The ones that had better joints had crappy paint. lol I'm reselling these and going to other sellers to find a MINTY one even if i have to pay more.

I opened ONE from my order of 10 and he looked so plain next to the rest of the motuc. No problem...saves me money! I'm just getting ONE Creaseless one and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fisto View Post
    Yeah, pretty much.

Perfect figures don't exist--not even at the 200 dollar hot toys level. Trust me--I'm a doctor.
    That might be cause both of you guys are in Cali and the figures don't have to go far to get to you

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    That might be cause both of you guys are in Cali and the figures don't have to go far to get to you
    Ummm...not true I live about an hr away from the distribution center and my cards are not all perfect...