Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Quality Control Problems (Catch All Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Of_Metropolis View Post
    Both cards were damaged though--one had a major bend at the top of the card and one had a big dent in the top of the bubble.
    Oh no ... like chosing between pest and colera!
    A broken bubble is the worst, though! IMHO!

The shipping box was fine--this was clearly done at the warehouse while packing. I agree--I don't like paying $20.00 a pop for a collectable figure that loses a lot of value before it ever even reaches my hands!
    True, true!

The cardboard they'll use, is way to flimpsy!
    They just need to add half a millimeter,
    to make them so much stronger ...
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

I'm still waiting for my Zodac, but my Mer-man just arrived and he has a very unpleasant paint dent on his "DonalDuck" - face.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    my Mer-man just arrived and he has a very unpleasant paint dent on his "DonalDuck" - face.

Heidi
    Lots of folks seem to have trouble with their Mer-man paintjobs.
    I must have been lucky, all my 3 figs are immaculate!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

both of my figures are good as well
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    both of my figures are good as well
    Same here. Yes the paint is not perfect (will never get an AFA10 grade to put it in perspective).

Overall the cards came in a little better shape this time. Both the Helmet and the white belt have some very minor paint smudges. Not bad overall. I ain't complainin'!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Yeah, got my 10 Zodacs today and was happy to immediately see the large crush in the top of the shipping box. Hell yeah, were off to a good start.

8 out of 10 of the cards had creases & crushes and about half of the belts were painted sloppily. I'm contemplating sending some back, I got a case of Fakers and all were damaged the worst Ive seen. Sent them all back, got one back weeks later, had to call again, they sent the rest a little while later. I really dont want to deal with that again.

At 20 a figure for "adult collectors" we should not be seeing this many quality issues. Oh, and you have to pay for shipping again if you want to return them! Very cool indeed.

Heroic Warrior
    Only real issue I see with the one I got this morning is that somehow the top portion of the plastic got dented. The corner of the shipping box was crunched, but I think I'm falling into the damaged before shipping camp.

And to me, it is a little ridiculous that you have to pay to return a damaged product. Places like Hasbro when you order from them, IIRC, give you a return shipping label with your order.

But lots of figures out there have bad paint apps. I still remember trying to find a Slave Leia figure back when she came out a few years ago that didn't look like she got beat in the face with an ugly stick.....but yeah, you think for $20 + shipping/tax a pop, the QA would be better on these figs. But then again, they're probably painted in China by someone making $1 a day......
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Well, I got my two Zodacs today! This is the fastest shipping yet for ground!! I was amazed, but then when I saw the box looked like it was used for a game of Soccer, I chalked it up to "that's my luck"! All in all, one of the cards/bubble was pretty damaged but since I open one of the figures anyway, I wasn't too concerned. The other figure has a bend in the card and a small dent in the bottom of the bubble, but I can overlook that. I might see about getting some of the carded figure cases that were shown somewhere on here to see if I can straighten it out and have it look better.
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

Heroic Warrior SkeletorsMistress's Avatar
    Ok..I am returing both of my Zodac's in hopes that they can get them to me in one piece this time. The tops of both of my cards were completely crushed. They lady on the other end of the line got an earfull from me. They are sending me a return tag and told me it will be 4 TO 6 WEEKS to receive a new one. I paid $20.00 to have them shipped to me and now I have to wait another 4 TO 6 WEEKS to get new ones. They are gonna kill this line if they don't pull it together. I suggest that anyone that got a bad figure call again and complain about this 1-877-GoMatty.

I waited that long when I returned my Beast Man figure. Then they sent me He-Man by mistake so I had to wait that long again until I got my Beast Man. After that, all was great!
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

The paint on my Zodac's belt is a bit sloppy. I can deal with that, but he also has a really loose left leg. I can't put him in any cool poses.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for all the input guys. I just wanted to mention, I'm not super picky. I have been selling collectibles for 7 years and I know how some guys are on paint apps and card condition. I'm realistic that mass produced stuff isn't always perfect. A bend here and there, a paint smudge here or there, no biggie.

I just felt it needed mentioning that out of 10, everyone was bad card and bad paint. Not a little bend here or there, but full on crushed bubbles that looked stomped on. Not imperfect paint, but looks like it was painted by a 5 year old with it's eyes closed bad.

I think Mattel heres us as whiny and unrealistic and thinks we are complaining about small imperfections. What I got on Zodac was far from small imperfections that would be considered reasonable.

All the other figures I have lucked out and gotten at least a few nice ones, but I have read other peoples horror stories.

I love this line, I hope it keeps a rollin. But Mattel needs to realize at 20 bucks a pop we should expect the quality to be at least the level of a figure we can pick up at wal mart. Smaller batches should mean easier and better quality control.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Got 5. The paint application on the belts are OK overall; some better than others. I did, however, notice that one of the figures has a noticeable gouge in the plastic on the chin area.
    Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post
    Just wanted to see the overall quality on Zodac. So far I haven't had too bad of luck, but Zodac was a disaster.

I ordered 10 as always so i have a chance to pick the best package to keep MOC and the best paint to open. Out of 10, not one was passable for either.

The belts all are all painted horribly with smears all over the loincloth. The packages all look like they were stomped on.

Now, the outer shipping box was perfect, and they were packed well. That means they were smashed before they were shipped. I have seen similar damage when we have freight come in from overseas. A lot of times the cases at the bottom of a pallet get squished under the weight of the others on top.

So, I guess I take issue with paying 20 bucks a pop and having them knowingly send me damaged product.

I think buying 10 should insure I get one decent paint app and one decent card.

Im a little bummed and think I may insist Mattel accept a return, which I usually don't like to do.
    Plus, it seems that he attempt to commit suicide with its own gun. He comes with a black mark in his helmet.

Other than his HUGE RED LADY NAILS mine was pretty good.

I mean seriously why isn't there a separate thread about Zodacs rose colored Lee Press On Nails?

No problems with my Zodac. And his nails look brown to me...

Heroic Warrior SkeletorsMistress's Avatar
    Ok...I just called Matty Collector again and complained about having to pay for postage to send back an item that was screwed up because of them and not the shipping service...I asked to speak to a manager and when the operator came back she gave me free shipping. So no one there really wants to deal with this. Everyone who got a messed up Zodac call and complain until you get free postage! Maybe paying for everyone's postage will make them step things up a bit so this does not happen again. 1-877-Go Matty.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I had one good paint app on a Zodac, and only one. The rest were pretty bad actually, especially the belts. BUT, the one that had nice paint, also had a perfect card (the only good card too), so that worked out in the end.

I`m just glad I`m a customizer and can fix anything they can screw up Hope to have no quality issues again this time with Merman and Zodac!!

Movie mayhem!
    The paint job on my is fine, little things here and there but very very minor. This i the first figure that I've had some physical issues with though. When I opened him the boot part of his leg was like hanging off... I pushed it back in and it went in and stays but when you turn it it starts to gap a little... i mean not that big of a deal but its the first issue like this i've had so i thought i'd mention it.

On the inside of the left shoulder there is a red disk.... its very odd... i assume its there to keep the joint from being loose but why RED? Very odd, why not flesh colored? Its pretty darn visable. Again not THAT big of a deal, i just find it very odd.

Other odd thing is that, well you know how the figures have that square "plug" in the back? Well zodak still has it though its very well hidden, but I noticed today that he has ANOTHER one on his chest?! Its hidden even better than the one on his back so its really not a big deal I just found it to be really odd. Why is it there? Its kind of an odd shape. I checked beast man and he has it too, something about the orange on him makes it even harder to see though so I only saw it because I was looking for it.

Anyway just some random observations.
    Last edited by Patreek; May 22, 2009 at 10:05pm.

I ordered two Zodacs and got my first messed up figure in the entire line so far...one of them has a backwards abdomen.
    His abs and belly button are on his back...I always knew Zodac was a freak.

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    I ordered two Zodacs and got my first messed up figure in the entire line so far...one of them has a backwards abdomen.
    His abs and belly button are on his back...I always knew Zodac was a freak.
    Whoa!Post a pic.I gotta see this.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Other odd thing is that, well you know how the figures have that square "plug" in the back? Well zodak still has it though its very well hidden, but I noticed today that he has ANOTHER one on his chest?! Its hidden even better than the one on his back so its really not a big deal I just found it to be really odd. Why is it there? Its kind of an odd shape. I checked beast man and he has it too, something about the orange on him makes it even harder to see though so I only saw it because I was looking for it.

Anyway just some random observations.
    Well, taking into consideration that the 4H usually uses a square section in the back to keep capes onto DC Universe figures, I'm assuming those are optional spaces for any time they may need to perimently attach something to any given torso. The front one is probably for the same thing, so I assume we can expect figures that may need perminently attached parts on either the front or back or both.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by DaViper View Post
    I noticed a couple of paint splash on the loin cloth but no biggy, gives zodac character!
    Yeah the one I opened had this issue but, its not all that bad. Out of 5 figures only 1 had a bent card so I'm overall happy with this batch..

Looks to me like they increased the production runs without increasing man power to produce them. I guess quality is paying the price for quantity. Hope it doesn't continue.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Well, taking into consideration that the 4H usually uses a square section in the back to keep capes onto DC Universe figures, I'm assuming those are optional spaces for any time they may need to perimently attach something to any given torso. The front one is probably for the same thing, so I assume we can expect figures that may need perminently attached parts on either the front or back or both.
    yea maybe, its just odd because only the hairychested ones have this front one.