Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics King He-Man Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics King He-Man Video Review by Pixel Dan

All hail the King!

Stay tuned, more reviews on the way!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome job as always Pixel Dan. Just keep on rolling them out.

I hate to say it, but i really love his head sculpt and the droopy lip. Actually tends to give him more personality then most. And the slender face is really not that off putting to me, people change as they get older... heck... look at Lincoln... lol

He looks to be a very wise king!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I like the head sculpt on it's own. It's great! It's when I compare it to regular He-Man that I find I like it less.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Thanks Dan for another nice review. In spite of the face sculpt and the blue colored cape, I think it's a great looking figure, very nice sculpt and design.
    I'm just a little ticked off because they glued the cape to his armor, and I don't know why they had to do that!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I kinda wish they had given Fisto that metallic tanktop as well so his armor didnt look as weird when you posed him around
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Great review as always Dan.

I do not know why, but I am super amped about this fig. I think he looks awesome. This totally would have been a favorite of mine if I had one when I was a kid.

And the gold wife beater just makes him all the better.
    Kittens are delicious!

Not liking how different He-Man's face looks, he clearly had some work done before he got that scare.

Best part of the video was that awesome Mosquitor shirt Dan, did you paint that yourself?

Thanks for another great review, can't wait for Snake Face.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    The sword is the accessory that makes the least sense, IMO. He-Man is the King of Eternos. Are you telling me he couldn't afford to get that sword refurbished? Electrical tape...seriously? How is that going to hold up in a battle? Dude, you're a king and you're already He-man, so there is no need to transform. Make a new sword.

I love this figure!

Thanks for the review Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    The sword is the accessory that makes the least sense, IMO. He-Man is the King of Eternos. Are you telling me he couldn't afford to get that sword refurbished?
    I guess he keeps it for the same reason, we collect MOTU: "Nostalgia"
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    The sword is the accessory that makes the least sense, IMO. He-Man is the King of Eternos. Are you telling me he couldn't afford to get that sword refurbished? Electrical tape...seriously? How is that going to hold up in a battle? Dude, you're a king and you're already He-man, so there is no need to transform. Make a new sword.
    Well it's Spector's fault.
    He took that Laserhead from the past to be the new MAA...

He-Man: Laser-lot, my sword is broken.
    LL: I've got some bone and duct tape...

(I actually like Laserlot )
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

King Megapowers, simply awesome Dan.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Dan, nice job. Can you give us a pic with the regular He-man head on the KH-M body? I've been dying to see it that way!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

GEEZE it looks better and better with each review! Can not WAIT for this guy! Loving all the details. While I agree that it is odd that his face doesn't quite match, I really like the drooping lip - like there's permanent nerve damage from the cut on his face. Pretty thick scar too; it was probably deep! As for the rest of the face details: it's common for the face to get a bit thin like that with age. Still, it doesn't quite make it all the way there, 'cause the nose almost looks like a totally different nose. So once again, I think it's a bit of a mistake that he doesn't match up, but there are enough interesting details to that mistake that it makes me REALLY like it!

No complaints with the armor and getup, though. I loved your comparisons to where all his colors come from, so that sold it for me even more. Someone did a mock-up of the figure with red rather than blue, and I thought it looked a little too sinister for my tastes. This looks like a heroic king! Maybe a tired one, but heroic nonetheless.

And the Glorious Golden Wifebeater - AW MAN. Hilarious. I love it. Nice touch, and works to separate him from the others with solid color chests just to match the armor. Now it matches the armor AND looks like he's just wearing something underneath rather than just having a wonderfully painted chest.

Finally the sword: gift from the gods of toy accessories. *MWAH* Perfecto! Bravo! Applause all around. Friggin' love this figure.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I remember how excited I was when this figure was revealed last summer 'cause I dig the concept & after seeing your review, I'm even more excited to get King He-Man. I see what you're saying about his face & I too wish he more closely resembled his younger self but I'm sure it won't bug me too much, at least it better not.

As soon as his lip was pointed out, I thought, "Sylvester Stalone."

King He-Man looks like he's been through a lot & I like it like that. Cool figure & great review.
    I want my other half.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    Dan, nice job. Can you give us a pic with the regular He-man head on the KH-M body? I've been dying to see it that way!
    Oh Yeah Dan... This is exactly what I was going to ask !

Such a criminal offence you have not done that on your video !!!

Anyway, AWESOME review as always ! Like you, I never really liked that blue cape on him. IMHO, It almost kills the “He-Man” look. Atleast it should have been removable. From the very beginning, I repeatedly asked Scott on Ask Matty to make it if it’s not. Scott never seemed to be bothered about it at all !

Good News is, that "Blue Hell" is a separate piece & it is glued to the armour. Well, I am going to rip that blue hell as soon as I get OLDHE-MAN !

BTW Dan, how close his skin tone matches with regular He-Man & King Grayskull ??? I hope I can swap his golden bracer arms to KG & give him a real kingly look !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Not liking how different He-Man's face looks, he clearly had some work done before he got that scare.

Best part of the video was that awesome Mosquitor shirt Dan, did you paint that yourself?

Thanks for another great review, can't wait for Snake Face.
    Hey thanks! I painted the T for Dan. I do hand painted commissions. I have a thread goin in the fan art section... I'm cheap! Spread the word... Anyway great review. So how DID he get that scar? Terror Claws Skeletor?
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I agree about the red cape. I would have also perfered classic furry shorts and full armor like Jitsu. I wish more of him was gold, it could imply that King He-man has a 100% complete with all of Castle Grayskull's DLC ala Pimp Skelegod of the 1987 movie.

Honestly I'm just happy to have King He-Man! That's one of my dream come true figures. Fingers crossed that we get a Teela who would simultaneously be the queen as well the sorceress.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Sweet! Looking forward to the mini-comic in addition to KHM himself of course. Gonna have to do something with all the maps now...
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Nice review, I really like the face sculpt. The blue cape and belt seems to be a little off. I think in this case the regular loincloth would have work better of even preternia disguise skirt.

All hail King Mega Powers, brother!!
    Great review as always Pixel Dan. I was a but lukewarm about this figure at first but after seeing this review it got me excited for his release. I like the look of the best up 200X sword. Nice detail by the 4H on it.

Love the sculpt but the colours completely ruin it for me - so much so that I think I'd have passed on him if he'd been out of the sub.

Agree with what Dan said about the head sculpt. Great looking head on its own, but it doesn't shout 'this is He-Man!'.

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I have no interest in the 'future' timeline of MOTU... He-man is and always should be the 'star' of the franchise.

Yet... somehow I REALLY like this guy. Just the kind of 'i Win' aspect of him is kind of awesome. I PROBABLY won't display him with that sword... He'll get a spare 'real' powersword hanging around...

My biggest dissapointment is gluing on the cape... And really... I LIKE the blue!! I'll go so far as to say I LOVE the blue. Blue is my favorite color and I think it fits him just fine.

Red may look a bit more like the movie.... but it also looks too much like King Grayskull. He's too much a carbon copy clone of He-man ANYWAY... any differences between them is WELCOMEin my book. So Blue all the way for me!!!

Granted... I'm still annoyed that it's glued on. I can understand WHY they did it... my King Grayskull cape keeps falling off.... But REALLY, we JUST got to see the THRONE finally... I want ALL capes to be removable... or at least the back half of the armor or SOMETHING... I want my KING to be on the THRONE!!!

This is very nice figure! I also like the colors used. First of all it is nice to see a He-Man figure that uses more blue than red. Blue is my favorite color. Second I often thought that MOTUC He-Ro and King Randor have something similar in their designs - and this figure looks like He-Ro and King Randor smashed togehter. Very cool stuff IMO!

I love the design and concept of this figure, can't wait to get him.