Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What about this version of Beastman?

Quote Originally Posted by nanoFatato View Post
    they could make at some point (after 1-2 years if the line lasts well) packages of alternative heads set, maybe 4/5 heads together, imagine an Alcala Skeletor, or an Angry Teela, or an Intelligent-looking Prince Adam.. that would be sweet...

.. and a little disturbing to looking at.
    I would so love and buy that!

Heroic Warrior
    Now that we have the TRU DCUC vs. MOTUC 2-packs, maybe we can see a red Beast Man like that!

I'm truly hoping for exactly that, mjharwood!!! I would buy several to make an army for Gygor!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Now that we have the TRU DCUC vs. MOTUC 2-packs, maybe we can see a red Beast Man like that!
    I'd almost be willing to bank on that.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Here you go. From Doc at Fwoosh.
    That's pretty cool, but if they were to make the red Beastman, I would like a hairier, more savage looking face and new knee-to-ankle parts. If you look at the picture on the back of the mini-comic, he has very hairy legs. It looks like he's wearing "fur bellbottoms."

Last edited by Darkspecter; February 1, 2011 at 07:43pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Those customs look great, & the charcoal colored armor for MAA would be a cool varient, too.
    Does Galactus fart?

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I wouldn't object to this version. It was the first version of Beastman I ever saw anyway
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Man those customs look feaking cool! I'd buy them if they made them.
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

So im really confuesd, I always thought this was Red Beast, the bear looking guy

not him

but then we have this guy as well

and this appears to be a Red Gygor

Which one is it? And who are the other ones?

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    These are a bunch of various concepts. Without a video camera in the Mattel offices from 1979-1981, it's probably not an answer we're ever going to get. But in hinsdsight, this is what we're looking at:

1) Red Beast - the bear-like concept art that was one of 3 designs that Mark Taylor brought to the table when He-Man was being created.

2) Red Beastman - The Minicomics interpretation of Beast Man, based off the same art as the toys, but differing in color and detail because the toy sculpting of the era toned down and lost much of the style of the design art.

3) Red Beast sketch - probably an intermediary step between the Mark Taylor sketch and the final Beast Man design, possibly one that intended to use the Big Jim Gorilla toy as a base. Notice Beast Man's medallion "burst" is the same design as the belt on this character.

4) A concept sketch of a He-Man vehicle/beast - probably has no connection to Gy-Gor other than Mattel designers intended to use the Big Jim Gorilla mold for it. It seems like Mattel tried a number of times to utilize that existing tooling in the vintage line, but it never came to production.
    Last edited by Straight Edge; February 18, 2013 at 06:39pm.
    NO RED BEAST? WE TURN BEAT RED!

My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - LIZARD MAN, Kittrina, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    These are a bunch of various concepts. Without a video camera in the Mattel offices from 1979-1981, it's probably not an answer we're ever going to get. But in hinsdsight, this is what we're looking at:

1) Red Beast - the bear-like concept art that was one of 3 designs that Mark Taylor brought to the table when He-Man was being created.

2) Red Beastman - The Minicomics interpretation of Beast Man, based off the same art as the toys, but differing in color and detail because the toy sculpting of the era toned down and lost much of the style of the design art.

3) Red Beast sketch - probably an intermediary step between the Mark Taylor sketch and the final Beast Man design, possibly one that intended to use the Big Jim Gorilla toy as a base. Notice Beast Man's medallion "burst" is the same design as the belt on this character.

4) A concept sketch of a He-Man vehicle/beast - probably has no connection to Gy-Gor other than Mattel designers intended to use the Big Jim Gorilla mold for it. It seems like Mattel tried a number of times to utilize that existing tooling in the vintage line, but it never came to production.
    Appreciate it Straight Edge

Beast Man is now the only 8-back character to not have a variant, either from matty or TRU.

I really hope they make him. Alcala Skeletor needs his red Beast Man.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I think I'd be fine buying a custom Alcala head.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

i hought red beast that people refrenced was this beastman. but that bear has surpassed this idea so if we got a red beastman rather than the repaint which we could (and have) done ourseles, id rather the bear redbeast. that being said i would also love that "red heroic gygor"

i miss the tru 2 packs most. we should have gotten green trapjaw and red beastman. oh well.

Snappy Threader
    I would be totally for a red Beast Man like that.