Thread: Calling All Miracleman/Marvelman Fans! Need Your Help!

Calling All Miracleman/Marvelman Fans! Need Your Help!

Hey All,

I'm working on a Miracleman/Marvelman fansite in my spare time, and I'm in desperate need of good scans of the front & back covers of the 5 TPBs (US & EU Versions). If anyone has these and can scan them for me, I'd be eternally grateful. Of course, I'll also give you a credit nod on the site.

On that same note, I'm also looking for pictures of merchandise that was supposedly made (shirts, pins, etc.). If anyone has that stuff, and can take pictures, again, I'd be very, very grateful.

Thanks for your time!

-Rob

PS: the site is http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...gtrophonic.com

PSS: Miracleman is one of Alan Moore's masterpieces. If you haven't read it, do whatever you have to do and read it. It's amazing. If Alan Moore isn't enough reason to read it, how about Neil Gaiman who picked up writing duties when Alan left?

Heroic Warrior
    Oh wow! Exciting!

I can definitely share your enthusiasm for this project. I'm endlessly fascinated by Miracleman. With the tremendous interest in Moore's work generated by Watchmen, it's a publishing tragedy that the public has no access to Miracleman. It's a really depressing missed opportunity to plug Moore's "other" 1980s super hero masterwork.

I'll certainly be more than happy to help out in the way that you've asked. I own the five trade paperbacks, and I'm sure I can find time in the next few days to scan the covers. Do you need a shot of the Twomorrows companion book too? Then I've also got a shirt of unknown origin; it's blue with the MM chest insignia on it. And also there's the totally sweet statue that Randy Bowen designed with Neil Gaiman a few years ago.

Let me know what you want! Shoot me a message at antigravitysneakers \at/ gmail. Also tell me what your format, resolution, etc. needs are.

Yay!

E-mail sent

Oh... I forgot to say "jpg" is fine.

Staying on topic, I'm also considering putting together a brand new comic for the site. Yes, it will exist outside of the continuity, but I'll try to be faithful to the characters. I've started writing down ideas for the story and how it will play out. If any artists are interested in participating in this project, should I get the damn thing written, let me know!

EDIT: Site is live. Visit http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...iraclemen.info

EDIT 2: Just revamped the entire site into a Wordpress format. It's not technically amazing or anything, but there's more info on there now.
    Last edited by H0GW1LD3; October 12, 2011 at 07:02pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost