Thread: Heros at Palace Eternia.

Heros at Palace Eternia.

Hi, I'm wondering which allies He-man can usually call on while at Palace Eternia to defend the palace or go on a quest etc. From what I can tell they are:

Man-at-Arms
    Teela
    (Orko)
    (Cringer)
    Ram man

Whereas the other Heroic warriors might occasionally visit the palace but not be official residents, so their assistance is quite random. Any thoughts?
    How do you like that, hero!

I take that is the Filmation approach as for who have been shown to have a bedroom? Obviously someone like Stratos resides in Avion..however, I like the way UK comics approach the matter. Eternian Palace is in Eternos City which elimonates the need to house everybody in one building. I wager the stock background usage caused most of indoor action in the cartoon to happen basically in about four different yet so similar places.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Well for some unexplained reason that King Randor cannot fathom , the Legendary Heroic Warrior HeMan is always close by to protect the palace . His lordship also has at least one or two hundred Man At Arms cosplay / clone palace guards. Not as good as Heroic warriors but better then farmers . I am sure King Randor feels safe .

Eternia is a big planet I assume the other Heroic Warriors are spread out to ensure law and order and protect the royal tax collector . Tax revenue loss is a bigger threat then Skeletor.
    Last edited by MOLKROM; May 18, 2014 at 06:44pm.
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLKROM View Post
    Well for some unexplained reason that King Randor cannot fathom . The Legendary Heroic Warrior HeMan is always close by to protect the palace . His lordship also has at least one or two hundred Man At Arms cosplay / clone palace guards. Not as good Heroic warriors but better then farmers . I am sure King Randor feels safe .

Eternia is a big planet I assume the other Heroic Warriors are spread out to ensure law and order and protect the royal tax collector . Tax revenue loss is a bigger threat then Skeletor.
    Highly doubt that Randor's authority is so expanded. Apart from the city of Eternos, the Dark Hemisphere is under Skeletor's rule (which he has perhaps the biggest domain, almost half of the planet). and the rest of it, is a mosaic of city-states, kingdoms and races each one with their own ruler. Randor is more like a High King, trying to resolve the conflicts between them and maybe being in charge in a time of war, but i don't see him having other authority beyond that, upon the rest of Eternia.

As for the Heroic Warriors, i believe that they are like a warrior elite that they are spread around the planet for protecting the people, and they are gathering on Eternos for war councils, duties and missions.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Hmm...given the various portrayals and evidence from the cartoon, mini-comics, etc.:

The core 1982 cast and Ram-Man have been discussed. Man-E-Faces is probably in Eternos but not the Palace proper, going on tour/missions occasionally. He may actually be Randor's 'man among the people', a la Henry V's alter-ego or G1 Transformers' Smokescreen--the actor role gives him a good cover, and he's a master of disguise.

1984: Fisto and Mekaneck seem to be more inclined to wandering and scouting; Buzz-Off has his own people. They probably stop in at the Palace often enough for directions and can be reached by Man-at-Arms or He-Man at need.

1985: Roboto is almost certainly resident at the Palace, spending most of his time in Man-at-Arms' lab. Moss Man definitely isn't; he hangs out mostly in the Evergreen Forest. Sy-Klone's a tough call.

1986: The Comet Warriors can't even decide what planet they're on. Snout Spout's role as firefighter probably keeps him attached to the city and Palace; Extendar probably helps him out but has his own quarters from before his transformation. Rio Blast acts as a wandering lawman.

1987: King Randor definitely lives in Palace Eternia, as well as Clamp Champ. Rotar, too, since he was a Royal Guard or soldier before being transformed. Gwildor seems to have a small house outside the city, but fairly near to Grayskull. The Sorceress is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    Hmm...given the various portrayals and evidence from the cartoon, mini-comics, etc.:

The core 1982 cast and Ram-Man have been discussed. Man-E-Faces is probably in Eternos but not the Palace proper, going on tour/missions occasionally. He may actually be Randor's 'man among the people', a la Henry V's alter-ego or G1 Transformers' Smokescreen--the actor role gives him a good cover, and he's a master of disguise.

1984: Fisto and Mekaneck seem to be more inclined to wandering and scouting; Buzz-Off has his own people. They probably stop in at the Palace often enough for directions and can be reached by Man-at-Arms or He-Man at need.

1985: Roboto is almost certainly resident at the Palace, spending most of his time in Man-at-Arms' lab. Moss Man definitely isn't; he hangs out mostly in the Evergreen Forest. Sy-Klone's a tough call.

1986: The Comet Warriors can't even decide what planet they're on. Snout Spout's role as firefighter probably keeps him attached to the city and Palace; Extendar probably helps him out but has his own quarters from before his transformation. Rio Blast acts as a wandering lawman.

1987: King Randor definitely lives in Palace Eternia, as well as Clamp Champ. Rotar, too, since he was a Royal Guard or soldier before being transformed. Gwildor seems to have a small house outside the city, but fairly near to Grayskull. The Sorceress is obvious.
    Thanks I think thats the whole gang covered
    How do you like that, hero!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Highly doubt that Randor's authority is so expanded. Apart from the city of Eternos, the Dark Hemisphere is under Skeletor's rule (which he has perhaps the biggest domain, almost half of the planet). and the rest of it, is a mosaic of city-states, kingdoms and races each one with their own ruler. Randor is more like a High King, trying to resolve the conflicts between them and maybe being in charge in a time of war, but i don't see him having other authority beyond that, upon the rest of Eternia.

As for the Heroic Warriors, i believe that they are like a warrior elite that they are spread around the planet for protecting the people, and they are gathering on Eternos for war councils, duties and missions.
    Agreed - a very accurate assessment, I think.

Disagreed and yes i am no expert .

From the filmation perspective Skeletor only seems to rule Snake Mountain . I sooner believe Good King Randor has authority over one continent if not half or more of Eternia . There is a few scattered pocket kingdoms which I might possibly agree Skeletor lords over one of them . Randor has a standing army and Heroic Warriors . Skeletor has a Handful of Evil Warriors and they act like a gang of bandits. I have always thought of Eternia and Etheria as polar opposites . Randor / Hordak have much power and influence on his world . Skeletor / She Ra are the annoying rebels

If Skeletor had as many allies and pawns as King Randor , no sneaking or plotting . It would be an all out war .

This Dark side of Eternia is a very loose word as far as i am concerned . I see the Cartoon Eternia and i do note a black continent with active volcanos .
    Last edited by MOLKROM; May 22, 2014 at 09:17am.

Heroic Warrior
    So He-Man is what, a dictator now? And Skeletor the Freedom Fighter? And She-Ra is even worse because she is an hypocrite who says that fights for freedom when her father and brother doing the same thing on Eternia,that Hordak is doing on Etheria?

Anyway Adam introduce himself as A prince of Eternia, not THE prince of Eternia:

http://i0.wp.com/comics-x-aminer.com...size=620%2C954

And let's take each region of Eternia one by one, for seeing how much authority Randor has:
    Dark Hemisphere: ruler, Skeletor
    Mystic Mountains: Mainly inhabited by Adreenids and Avionians with Queen Adreenos and Stratos as their rulers
    Cold Zone: Reptons Kingdom, ruler King Pythos
    Targa: rulers Baleena, Gnar
    Oberon: rulers Dakkon and Maran
    Subternia: Spelaeans with Lord Dactys as their ruler, Caligars ruled by Ceratus, Snake Men ruled by King Hsss
    Plains of Perpetua and Tundaria: don't remember having any rulers at all
    Sands of Time: Temple of the Sun, under its Priests care
    Arcadia: Queen Sumana
    Ice Region and Ice Mountains: Icer (Skeletor's ally), Granamyr as lord of the Dragons, Morainia ruled by King Boreas, Kulataks ruled by their Elder,
    Quadians: Chief Carnivus
    And there are other Kingdoms and city-states that i don't recall right now.

So Randor's rule is basically upon the people of Eternos. All the other races and cities have their own rulers.

The Filmation episode Hunt for He-Man it gives an idea about how vast Skeletor's territory is and how he treats the people under his rule (enslaving villagers and send them work at his mines). And there is an all out war between the Council of Eternia and Skeletor and his allies, since Skeletor constantly attacking not only Castle Grayskull and Eternos but also any kingdom that doesn't bow to his rule (for example Avion, Phantos in the Filmation Cartoon, Adreenos, Paleezia, Carnivus people in the 200X series).
    Last edited by granamyr80; May 22, 2014 at 11:46am.

Gee dramatic ?

Morality is in the eye of the beholder . A Grey Skull is the symbol of Death. One terrorist / freedom fighter depends on who you ask ? Eternia has lots of monsters and aliens and well us humans like to talk about inalienable rights. < think about that word > If you want a morality debate . Lets just say we have different opposing factions of different species for now .

Your list means nothing . So Randor does not own those ..... so whats your point ?

We dont know the size of these regions or cities or how big Eternia is full stop . I will assume there is alot of Humans crawling all over most of Eternia,s fertile surface areas and i will assume most of them fall under Randors authority . You cannot tell me Skeletor owns half the planet and Randor owns a pocket kingdom or a city . If thats the case then Skeletor is pretty much Lord of Eternia .
    Last edited by MOLKROM; May 22, 2014 at 11:54am.

Heroic Warrior
    When there are at least 100 independent kingdoms and Randor is rulling one of them that doesn't give him much of authority on the rest of the planet. Yes there can be an alliance between them (which what the Council of Eternia basically is) but this doesn't mean that Randor rules them. Skeletor can controll the most vast territory but this doesn't make him Lord of Eternia, because doesn't rule all of the planet.

And there are many kingdoms controlled by humans, outside of Randor's rule (Arcadia, Phantos, Targa, Oberon, Morainia. Artana). Also many humans are under Skeletor's rule (see Filmation episode Hunt for He-Man, first episode of the New Advenures) and also he has humans among the Evil Warriors (Tri-Klops, Evil-Lyn, Blade).

the land mass on the dark hemisphere is tiny though, not to mention sparsely populated. the sands of time (sands of fire as well if we include 2002 lore) extends DEEP into the dark hemisphere. Which seems to be more 'wildlings' to use a term from GoT, than they are organized societies.

I also lean towards Randor being High King. there are smaller kingdoms that are essentially self rule, but the Throne of Eternos is the highest Throne. Also Eternia still seems to be more on a barter system than monetary. not saynig there isn't money (we have seen precious metals and ore) but it feels like money isn't entrenched in their society that much.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    the land mass on the dark hemisphere is tiny though, not to mention sparsely populated. the sands of time (sands of fire as well if we include 2002 lore) extends DEEP into the dark hemisphere. Which seems to be more 'wildlings' to use a term from GoT, than they are organized societies.

I also lean towards Randor being High King. there are smaller kingdoms that are essentially self rule, but the Throne of Eternos is the highest Throne. Also Eternia still seems to be more on a barter system than monetary. not saynig there isn't money (we have seen precious metals and ore) but it feels like money isn't entrenched in their society that much.
    Not so sparsely populated. In the MVC comic series Icons of Evil, when Kronis turned against Skeletor for claiming Dark Hemisphere's rule, he was able to create a quite big army composed by its inhabitants, that march against Snake Mountain.

And yeah i also believe that Randor is more likely a High King in a similar way that Agamemnon was the most powerful king among the other greek kings in Iliad.

Not so sparsely populated. In the MVC comic series Icons of Evil, when Kronis turned against Skeletor for claiming Dark Hemisphere's rule, he was able to create a quite big army composed by its inhabitants, that march against Snake Mountain.

And yeah i also believe that Randor is more likely a High King in a similar way that Agamemnon was the most powerful king among the other greek kings in Iliad.
    it can't be very DENSELY populated compared the the light hemisphere though. I'm not saying there aren't a good group of beings living out there, but say you amass an army of 1000, that's still a VERY small town.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    it can't be very DENSELY populated compared the the light hemisphere though. I'm not saying there aren't a good group of beings living out there, but say you amass an army of 1000, that's still a VERY small town.
    Yes but the same you could say about the Light Hemisphere. Because apart from the Fertile Plains and the city-states, the rest of it is made by deserts, forests, jungles, and ice wastelands. And the Dark Hemisphere isn't too tiny:

http://www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk/wundarmap.jpg