Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete DVD Collection - EVERY DVD released, EVER!

What 200x set is that that completes the spine art? Is it exclusive to anywhere? I guess I have to go get that to finish off the art,does anyone know if it comes with the same 6 art cards as the single sets? or would it be worth it to keep the indivdual vol`s?

It was the slipcase for Volume 1 that was exclusive to Best Buy.

Our friend thecafewha had some for sale on eBay, but I think they are gone now.
    He's the only person I know of who has extra Volume 3 exclusive DVD sets for sale as well (the one with the King Grayskull cover).

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    It was the slipcase for Volume 1 that was exclusive to Best Buy.

Our friend thecafewha had some for sale on eBay, but I think they are gone now.
    He's the only person I know of who has extra Volume 3 exclusive DVD sets for sale as well (the one with the King Grayskull cover).
    Darn! Hopefully I`ll be able to find it

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh, and for those out there interested in all the different versions (country-wise) I accidently happened upon a picture of Spanish ones today:
    These are actually the Mexican releases, I bought the first volume, here are a few pics:

Backcover

The art and title of the slipcover is embossed, but it doesnīt have the emboss as "strong"(I donīt know how to explain it)as the R1, but definitely itīs not a plain cover. The extras of the volume 1 are a Photo Gallery, the Orkoīs Fun Facts and the Episodes synopsis. I didnīt buy volume 2 but I believe that that volume only have the spanish audio. Also the episodes are not in chronological order, they come in production order, for example the first episode on disc 1 is "The Cosmic Comet".

The Spanish DVDs are pretty much like the R1, according to some pictures that Iīve seen, the discs come in a digipack, they come with the artcards, and also the BCI documentaries, also the R2 releases have subs, here you can see some pics:

ZonaDVD - MOTU

Although the R2 releases are very cool, I think the R4 release are good, ZIMA itīs a small company and honestly I think they did a good job with He-Man(I love how the word "Amos" looks, just awesome!). Iīm still waiting for more releases of She-Ra, since the last volume R1 didnīt come with the spanish dub, then the R4 itīs the one to go ^^

Later...
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    well you can see the two I have above or here:

the bottom 2 on the right. Faker and Teela.
    Dunno what the other are or from what sets...
    The He-Man group shot is an Australian promo postcard. It wasn't available with any set. It was free... (if you could find it..)
    Teela and the Sorceress card is from S1 V2. It's card "1 of 2 of an Australian Exclusive."
    And Skeletor and Faker are from S2 V1. It's card "2 of 2 of an Australian Exclusive."

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    It would be funny if the title of this thread was taken very literally, and someone actually had EVERY DVD released ever (not just MOTU DVDs.. but all DVDs in general).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

It makes me sad to see our favorite cartoon dvd sets disappear one by one.Here is a list I just made based on Amazon's stock.

Best of He-man - not available any more
    Christmas Special - not available any more
    Secret of the Sword - Barebones - not available any more
    The Best of She-ra plus the SOTS - Only 3 Available

He-man S1 VOL1 - Temporarily out of stock (before it disappears completely)
    He-man S1 VOL2 - Usually ships within 7 to 10 days.
    He-man S2 VOL1 - not available any more
    He-man S2 VOL2 - Usually ships within 6 to 9 days.

He-man N.A. VOL1 - not available any more
    He-man N.A. VOL2 - one left in stock

She-ra S1 VOL1 - Temporarily out of stock
    She-ra S1 VOL2 - Usually ships within 6 to 10 days.
    She-ra S2 - Usually ships within 7 to 11 days.

He-man 2002 VOL1 - IN STOCK
    He-man 2002 VOL2 - Temporarily out of stock.
    He-man 2002 VOL3 - IN STOCK

For the sets temporarily out of stock, it is pretty obvious that there are impossible to be retrieved from the mother company since it doesn't exist anymore. And the sets that ship within * to * days they are bound to be "out of stock soon".. It's inevitable in these cases due to the company issue.

I really hope, every true fan already got or gets a chance to buy these sets at a logical price because once these babies go "poof", eBay will be hell for them and their pockets..

Widget
    Yeah I'm a little late to complete my collection. I've had S1V1, Best of He-man, Christmas Special, and the Heman.org Secret of the Sword version for awhile. Need to start working on getting on all these other versions, and I'm so confused now from seeing demiscy's collection .

So in your picture the last box that completes the mural is the MYP 2002 Best Buy exclusive version right? I think its been a year, but it looks like its still available. Is this it?

Also just to the right of your mural, it looks like you have a bunch of other boxed MYP versions? Which ones are those? So far as far as my research has shown me for MYP there is the Best Buy versions (only one with a boxed set), the Target versions, and the SDCC versions...is there a normal non-exclusive version at all? Also I'm guessing any of the others will fit into the Best Buy boxed, or is the packaging all different.

Last question... do the newer standalone Best of She-ra and Secret of the Sword have anything different in them than the exclusive SOTS/Best Of ones that were out? Like in terms of the nifty cards inside? Also I'm sort of wondering how many cards total are out now, with all these different versions floating about...and apparently people got exclusive cards after returning their bad DVDs . Too bad can't do that anymore, I hope everything I buy turns out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholi View Post
    Yeah I'm a little late to complete my collection. I've had S1V1, Best of He-man, Christmas Special, and the Heman.org Secret of the Sword version for awhile. Need to start working on getting on all these other versions, and I'm so confused now from seeing demiscy's collection .

So in your picture the last box that completes the mural is the MYP 2002 Best Buy exclusive version right? I think its been a year, but it looks like its still available. Is this it?
    Judging by the picture, yes.

Also just to the right of your mural, it looks like you have a bunch of other boxed MYP versions? Which ones are those? So far as far as my research has shown me for MYP there is the Best Buy versions (only one with a boxed set), the Target versions, and the SDCC versions...is there a normal non-exclusive version at all? Also I'm guessing any of the others will fit into the Best Buy boxed, or is the packaging all different.
    as seen here:

left-right: Shera S2 + BestBuy Heman 2002 VOL1 Excl. + BestBuy Exclusive Complete 2002 Series with extra goodies not previously included + SAM's Club Exclusive Complete Series, just the 3 volumes with a slipcase around them nothing extra + Vol3 Target Exclusive + Vol1 Target Excl. + Heman Classic Complete Season 1 UK R2 Edition (the purple box u see) + all the 2002 comics binded together (the black book)

Last question... do the newer standalone Best of She-ra and Secret of the Sword have anything different in them than the exclusive SOTS/Best Of ones that were out? Like in terms of the nifty cards inside? Also I'm sort of wondering how many cards total are out now, with all these different versions floating about...and apparently people got exclusive cards after returning their bad DVDs . Too bad can't do that anymore, I hope everything I buy turns out ok.
    Yes the normal Best-of + SOTS that anyone can buy included different art cards. Here are the complete list of cards:

HE-MAN ART CARDS (16 TOTAL)

Card #01 of 16: He-man 10-Episode "Best Of" Collector's Edition
    Card #02 of 16: He-man 10-Episode "Best Of" Collector's Edition
    Card #03 of 16: He-man Season 1, Volume 1
    Card #04 of 16: He-man Season 1, Volume 1
    Card #05 of 16: He-man and She-ra: "A Christmas Special"
    Card #06 of 16: He-man and She-ra: "A Christmas Special"
    Card #07 of 16: He-man Season 1, Volume 2
    Card #08 of 16: He-man Season 1, Volume 2
    Card #09 of 16: He-man Season 2, Volume 1
    Card #10 of 16: He-man Season 2, Volume 1
    Card #11 of 16: He-man Season 2, Volume 2
    Card #12 of 16: He-man Season 2, Volume 2
    Card #13 of 16: The New Adventures of He-man Volume 1
    Card #14 of 16: The New Adventures of He-man Volume 1
    Card #15 of 16: The New Adventures of He-man Volume 2
    Card #16 of 16: The New Adventures of He-man Volume 2

SHE-RA ART CARDS (8 TOTAL)

Card #1 of 8: She-ra 2 Disc "Best Of" Collection (including The Secret of the Sword)
    Card #2 of 8: She-ra 2 Disc "Best Of" Collection (including The Secret of the Sword)
    Card #3 of 8: She-ra Season 1, Volume 1
    Card #4 of 8: She-ra Season 1, Volume 1
    Card #5 of 8: She-ra Season 1, Volume 2
    Card #6 of 8: She-ra Season 1, Volume 2
    Card #7 of 8: She-ra Season 2
    Card #8 of 8: She-ra Season 2

SHE-RA SPECIAL EDITION ART CARDS (2 TOTAL) -
    DVD LIMITED TO 1000 COPIES WORLDWIDE

Special Edition Card #1 of 2: She-ra 2 Disc "Best Of" Collection Limited Edition Variant (including The Secret of the Sword)
    Special Edition Card #2 of 2: She-ra 2 Disc "Best Of" Collection Limited Edition Variant (including The Secret of the Sword)

HE-MAN 2002: 6 cards total

Card #1 - Volume 1
    Card #2 - Volume 1
    Card #3 - Volume 2
    Card #4 - Volume 2
    Card #5 - Volume 3
    Card #6 - Volume 3

+ the two cards that were given out to the people who requested replacements for their VOLUME 1 Disc 1 disc back in the day

You can see them all in theimportforums.com database.
    Last edited by demiscy; June 13, 2009 at 12:13pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    The He-Man group shot is an Australian promo postcard. It wasn't available with any set. It was free... (if you could find it..)
    Teela and the Sorceress card is from S1 V2. It's card "1 of 2 of an Australian Exclusive."
    And Skeletor and Faker are from S2 V1. It's card "2 of 2 of an Australian Exclusive."
    Did these cards replace one of the regular cards from the set? Or did these volumes come with 3 cards then? I'm looking into getting the region 4 releases to complete my collection (seeing as the R1 releases will all soon be gone), and was just curious.

Also, does anybody know whether Madman's "Complete Collections" for MOTU, POP and NA will include the art cards from the individual half season releases? I'm guessing not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycon View Post
    Did these cards replace one of the regular cards from the set? Or did these volumes come with 3 cards then? I'm looking into getting the region 4 releases to complete my collection (seeing as the R1 releases will all soon be gone), and was just curious.
    They were bonus cards. So, no, they didn't replace anything.

Also, does anybody know whether Madman's "Complete Collections" for MOTU, POP and NA will include the art cards from the individual half season releases? I'm guessing not though.
    Not sure yet, but I can let you know next week.

Be careful, because as I remember the spines were a little different than the R1 editions so you may not have a normal looking spine art when you mix R1 with R4 dvd sets.

I may be wrong though... maybe Oz-Scott can shed some light on this matter too!

Heroic Warrior
    They were bonus cards. So, no, they didn't replace anything.

Not sure yet, but I can let you know next week.
    Thanks, man. I'm really torn at the moment. On the one hand I want to have that complete mural, which I won't be getting with the "complete collections".
    But buying the individual season sets will cost me twice as much as the "complete collections". If they don't have the art cards though, I'm definitely going with the individual season sets. Will just have to tighten the belt a little over the next couple of months.

Be careful, because as I remember the spines were a little different than the R1 editions so you may not have a normal looking spine art when you mix R1 with R4 dvd sets.

Thanks for the heads up. I've actually seen some pics of both complete murals, and I noticed that they differ. From what I can tell MOTU S1V1 and S1V2's murals don't really differ between R1 and R4. So it looks like I'd be fine if I continue my collection in R4 from that point onwards. But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Psycon; June 17, 2009 at 05:43am.

You're right. She-Ra Season 2 had a screwy mural. Madman did issue a replacement outer case however. I'll email their website and see if they still have the replacement case available.

Thanks, man. I'm really torn at the moment. On the one hand I want to have that complete mural, which I won't be getting with the "complete collections".
    But buying the individual season sets will cost me twice as much as the "complete collections". If they don't have the art cards though, I'm definitely going with the individual season sets. Will just have to tighten the belt a little over the next couple of months.
    I'll be getting the complete sets next week, so I'll post photos.
    Also, if you want the R4 individual sets, I can get them for you... Just say the word.
    Last edited by Oz-Scott; June 17, 2009 at 05:49am.

Do the individuals/complete R4 sets have english subtitles ?

Do the individuals/complete R4 sets have english subtitles ?

No sir, they do not.

Heroic Warrior
    HE-MAN 2002: 6 cards total

Card #1 - Volume 1
    Card #2 - Volume 1
    Card #3 - Volume 2
    Card #4 - Volume 2
    Card #5 - Volume 3
    Card #6 - Volume 3

+ the two cards that were given out to the people who requested replacements for their VOLUME 1 Disc 1 disc back in the day

You can see them all in theimportforums.com database.
    Hey Demiscy - could you maybe PM me the link to the post in theimportforums.com database where I can see them? I'd love to see what the entire collection looks like.

Widget
    Is there only one SDCC exclusive, which is Volume 3?

Is there only one SDCC exclusive, which is Volume 3?
    Yeap. Only one!

The variant exclusive is the slipcase that features King Greyskull in front and Hordak at the back

You're right. She-Ra Season 2 had a screwy mural. Madman did issue a replacement outer case however. I'll email their website and see if they still have the replacement case available.
    Oz-Scott, what do you mean by screwy cover? To me it looks a little more "zoomed in" than the R1 release. Is that it or is there more wrong? I've seen that it doesn't match up with the R1 Best Buy Exclusive. (I'm missing Shera S1 V2 so I'm not sure if it doesn't match up with this either)

Let me know how you went with Madman.

Also did you notice the R1 of New Adventures has something extra above the spaceship? Looks like a floating skull? Skeletor? (Forgive my ignorance, I havent seen this cartoon in about 20 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
    Oz-Scott, what do you mean by screwy cover? To me it looks a little more "zoomed in" than the R1 release. Is that it or is there more wrong? I've seen that it doesn't match up with the R1 Best Buy Exclusive. (I'm missing Shera S1 V2 so I'm not sure if it doesn't match up with this either)

Also did you notice the R1 of New Adventures has something extra above the spaceship? Looks like a floating skull? Skeletor? (Forgive my ignorance, I havent seen this cartoon in about 20 years)
    I think that skull is where Skeletor was "living in" in the NA series.
    Kinda like a floating planet/fortress

from the US R1 promo shots:

Last edited by demiscy; June 22, 2009 at 05:35am.

The spine art was a little to far to the right on She-Ra Sason 2, so the mural didn't line up correctly with Season 1 Part 2.
    The R1 Best Buy Exclusive doesn't line up perfectly, but it still looks great. (it's only out by a few mils)

Madman no longer have replacement cases.

The R4 set didn't have Nordor on the spine. (Which I'm personally glad about cos I didn't really like it. I think it made the mural look too 'busy')

Widget
    One more question o' mighty demiscy, collector of them all (though I've almost caught up with you n_n).

For the MYP He-man series none of the different exclusives came with different cards correct? Except for the Target Vol. 2 exclusive which had extra foil cards, but they were not the numbered ones correct?

Edit: Oh also any information on the standalone SOTS variant (without the 5 Best of) you mentioned buying from Amazon earlier in this thread. Was there anything different/special about it?
    Last edited by Nicholi; June 22, 2009 at 07:35am.

One more question o' mighty demiscy, collector of them all (though I've almost caught up with you n_n).

For the MYP He-man series none of the different exclusives came with different cards correct? Except for the Target Vol. 2 exclusive which had extra foil cards, but they were not the numbered ones correct?

Edit: Oh also any information on the standalone SOTS variant (without the 5 Best of) you mentioned buying from Amazon earlier in this thread. Was there anything different/special about it?
    BestBuy VOL 2 : BestBuy Exclusive item is a 5x7 Lithograph featuring the V2 cover with a slightly reworked composition and no title or volume info.
    It's printed with a brand-new technique - a holographic spot varnish.
    It features Emiliano's sketches of Skeletor and Evil-Lyn printed on the back.

Target VOL 2 : Has art cards that are 5x6 and printed on a foilboard.
    They utilize promotional images created for the MYP cartoon.

- He-Man and Battle Cat with Skeletor in the background
    - Heroes group shot in front of Grayskull
    - Villains group shot in front of Snake Mountain

(Not numbered)

edit: The SOTS barebones never made it through shipment. I made an order and they never shipped it because it's out of print and discontinued.

Heroic Warrior
    This is quite an amazing collection.