Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete DVD Collection - EVERY DVD released, EVER!

Complete DVD Collection - EVERY DVD released, EVER!

Here is my humble collection.

From Classic Heman, NA, POP, MYP2002, all variants, all store exclusives, soundtracks, R2 complete collection (+ all 2002 comics together binded)

edit: + the best of Heman that I forgot I had on another shelve
    Last edited by demiscy; February 26, 2009 at 05:58pm.

Heroic Warrior
    That's freaking amazing. Thanks for posting your pictures.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Co-Creator of the NV
    what's that thing that looks like a leatherbound book?

edit: i assumed it wasn't a book because you're showing a dvd collection, but if it is a book, what is it?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    what's that thing that looks like a leatherbound book?

edit: i assumed it wasn't a book because you're showing a dvd collection, but if it is a book, what is it?
    He mentioned

all 2002 comics together binded

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYMOTUFAN View Post
    He mentioned
    whoops.... missed that in my skimming

What's that big purple-ish box that says "Masters of the Universe Volume One?" The one with Orko on with it.

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by thew40 View Post
    What's that big purple-ish box that says "Masters of the Universe Volume One?" The one with Orko on with it.

~W~
    I'm curious about that too? Don't remember seeing that before.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I believe that big Purple box is the UK version of the complete first season of classic MOTU. Episode wise, it contains everything from the US S1V1 and S1V2 releases, and from the pics I've seen of it, I believe each disc is in it's own regular sized DVD case, and all of those are housed inside that purple box.

You (referring to the OP) actually seem to be missing a couple of DVDs, unless you have them and they just aren't pictured here.

You seem to be missing one variant of the Sercret of the Sword. In your picture, you appear to have the UK version, 2 copies of the convention/He-Man.org exclusive version, and 1 copy of the Best of She-Ra (which disc-content wise is identical to the con/.org exclusive version).

However, what doesn't seemed to be pictured is the more recent US release of SOTS by itself:

Photobucket

The cover is a little different from the convention version, as you can see. It comes in a regular plastic DVD case (like any regular DVD movie would), and on the side/spine of the box, He-Man's picture is towards the top, and She-Ra it towards the bottom, with the title inbetween them. This also ONLY contains the SOTS disc from the previous US releases. The second disc with the 5 best-of-She-Ra episodes is not included.

Some websites do have the incorrect picture. For example, if you go to Amazon, the picture they show is almost identical to the convention version, but it's really this version that you would be getting, as far as I can tell.

Also, The Best of He-Man doesn't seem to be pictured:

Photobucket

***EDIT: I didn't actually fully read your first post as well as I should have. You do have it, but do read on, as you may not have the Wal-Mart variant that I mention below***

This, of course, was the first US DVD release of any version of animated He-Man.

And, depending on how completest you are trying to be, there are actually 2 versions of this.

The first is the original and most common version.. the one that comes in the cardboard packaging like the Best of She-Ra set does, with the art cards and everything.

But then there is also a cheaper version that comes in a regular plastic 2-disc DVD case. This was found in the cheap ~$5 bins at Wal-Mart. It did not contain any art cards, and since it was in a plastic DVD case, there is no art on the inside of the case. The artwork used on the cover, side, and back is pretty much the same as the regular version, though its formatted to fit on the paper insert that goes into a DVD case, it is not embossed, and I'm sure it no longer mentions art cards being included, etc.

Just trying to help incase you don't have these DVDs, and want them for a really completest collection.

My DVD collection is pretty much as complete as I want it/need it to be. I'm am not collecting any of the UK or other region DVDs, just the US ones.

I've got all of the classic MOTU, NA, and She-Ra season sets.

I've got the Best of She-Ra, the convention SOTS variant, and the single disc SOTS version as well.

I've got the original version of Best of He-Man. I didn't bother with the Wal-Mart version since the artwork is 98% the same, and it just has the same 2 discs. (Buying the individual SOTS version was a bigger deal, as I always felt it deserved to have it's own, individual release, and the artwork was fairly different, too).

200X: Of all of the various versions, exclusives, etc., the only one that I do not have is the Sam's Club box set version, and it's not a big enough deal to me to bother with. I have everything else (including the more recent Best Buy complete series set with the extra exclusive items), and I am quite happy with that.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; February 27, 2009 at 12:15am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

... So did you have all individual volume-releases of UK version as well as the Complete Season1 boxset?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Do you have all the region 2 She-Ra DVDs as well?

There's also a Chinese exclusive version of both the MOTU and PoP Best Of sets. I believe they each came in a metal tin and each have half of the spine mural on an art card. I've seen a few pictures of this. Not sure if it's "official" or not, but looked BEAUTIFUL.

Pictures might be available on this site for the She-Ra DVD:

http://www.gdqh.com.cn/shela/index.html

My internet's too slow to explore it fully.

They DID release all of She-Ra in China. Probably all of He-Man as well.

Oh, and a U.S. Costco Long Box exclusive for S1V1 of MOTU.

Here's a picture:
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 27, 2009 at 03:25am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

@Dynamo: that's interesting. I didnt know that the bare bones release of SOTS had that cover... I will get it now that Iknow because Ilike it.. About the Best-of Heman I had no idea it came in a normal plastic case as well.. dunno if Ican ever find it being overseas and all.

@Jukka: nooo

@Darkspecter: now that's cool.. never saw it before mentioned in these boards.. I suppose it's impossible to find it now eh? (about hte Costco exclusive)

I don't really care about other region's dvd releases other than R1. Don't forget that the only releases that had the remastered image and sound were those of the US release.

I bought the R2 box from PLAY.com when it was on a 86% off sale.. only for the price.

Here's something more:

These are not exactly limited but for me they are!
    Theis is the feature film "Secret of the Sword" signed by Eamon who designed the cover for the UK R2 edition along with 3 art cards from the series also signed. Enjoy, more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    @Dynamo: that's interesting. I didnt know that the bare bones release of SOTS had that cover... I will get it now that Iknow because Ilike it.. About the Best-of Heman I had no idea it came in a normal plastic case as well.. dunno if Ican ever find it being overseas and all.
    The SOTS you can probably order from the US Amazon site and have it shipped overseas. You should receive the right version, but the picture they show on their site is wrong and looks more like the exclusive version.

The barebones Best of He-Man may be a little tougher. I am not specifically aware of any particular website carrying it, and the only place that I've known to carry it is Wal-Mart stores in their bin of cheap DVDs.

It's been a while since I've actually seen it there, so I'm not sure if they are still carrying it. But if you want, I could keep an eye out at local Wal-Mart stores, and if I find one, I could pick it up for you and I could see about making arrangements to ship it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    The SOTS you can probably order from the US Amazon site and have it shipped overseas. You should receive the right version, but the picture they show on their site is wrong and looks more like the exclusive version.

The barebones Best of He-Man may be a little tougher. I am not specifically aware of any particular website carrying it, and the only place that I've known to carry it is Wal-Mart stores in their bin of cheap DVDs.

It's been a while since I've actually seen it there, so I'm not sure if they are still carrying it. But if you want, I could keep an eye out at local Wal-Mart stores, and if I find one, I could pick it up for you and I could see about making arrangements to ship it to you.
    Ordered the SOTS from Amazon US.
    About the Best-of Heman, it's ok. It's not worth it.

Ordered the SOTS from Amazon US.
    About the Best-of Heman, it's ok. It's not worth it.
    No problem. That's actually how I feel about it. It's not really a special exclusive as much as a gimped, stripped down version of a better product that you and I already have.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; February 27, 2009 at 10:11am.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I personally haven't seen the Costco Long Box version in person (then again, there isn't a Costco near me. ). I haven't seen any board member mention owning it either though. I, for one, would like to see it in its entirety.

The Secret of the Sword stuff you have is AWESOME. So, do all the U.K. versions have different art cards with them? If that's the case, I might have to pick them up myself.

Oh, and for those out there interested in all the different versions (country-wise) I accidently happened upon a picture of Spanish ones today:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

No, the art cards were separate. I think the Australian releases of the He-man volumes had different art-cards.

edit: + the best of Heman that I forgot I had on another shelve
    ok, this collection is just insane! Wow, question..............Sam's Club exclusive is just like the first pic of the best buy exclusive in your last pic just without the continuing mural spine, correct? I'm trying to figure out if the sets on ebay with that pic on the front are the best buy exclusives because they don't say, maybe I should ask to see the spine I guess,

I know this is an old thread, and I know that demiscy said this wasn't worth it, I have about 12 copies of the "clamshell" edition of the Best of He-Man (the regular DVD case, no art cards) that I'd be willing to sell for $7, US shipping included. If interested, PM for details.
    "... but don't mind me. I'm just a Stoopid Head."

"There is magic in forgiveness, the magic to heal. In forgiveness you grant, but more so, in forgiveness you receive."
    -- From "Temple of the Winds", Terry Goodkind

My .org Trader Feedback Thread

On the 24th of June Australia will be getting "Complete Collections" of the vintage show. (We already have the same half season sets as the US)

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/805812

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/805796

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/805804

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Beautiful collection demiscy!! Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    On the 24th of June Australia will be getting "Complete Collections" of the vintage show. (We already have the same half season sets as the US)

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/805812

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/805796

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/805804
    How are you getting them? I though BCI owned the rights and they went out of business? Is Mattel selling the rights to those?

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    How are you getting them? I though BCI owned the rights and they went out of business? Is Mattel selling the rights to those?

BCI guy could prolly answer this better, but my understanding is that the DVD's are distributed in Australia by an Aussie company called Madman. And Madman, after releasing the half season sets have decided to release complete series sets. (the DVD contant will be the same at the existing sets)

You can check out Madman here: http://www.madman.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    Beautiful collection demiscy!! Congrats.
    thank you very much

by the way, I know that the Australian DVD releases got different art-cards. At least 2. Does anyone know which sets have different art-cards inside?
    Last edited by demiscy; May 6, 2009 at 07:44am.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    thank you very much

by the way, I know that the Australian DVD releases got different art-cards. At least 2. Does anyone know which sets have different art-cards inside?
    I don't know, Can you tell us?

well you can see the two I have above or here:

the bottom 2 on the right. Faker and Teela.
    Dunno what the other are or from what sets...