Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He-Ro and King Grayskull... brothers?

He-Ro and King Grayskull... brothers?

As part of Mattel's unfolding storyline with the bio sections on the MOTUC card backs- how would everyone feel if Mattel chose to make King Grayskull and He-Ro related (brothers)... so that it would mirror He-Man and She-Ra being brother and sister? If they went that way, would it be a good idea- or, would it be too much (too many characters being related to one another)?

Hopefully this hasn't been discussed previously, if it has forgive me... didn't find anything about it with the search feature and thought it would be a good topic to open up for discussion.

There weren't any dinosaurs in Graykull's are right? So He-ro would be older? By a few generations I imagine

I think it could work if the story is told right

Ilike the way that the new Bio's are going. I really want He-ro's story to be great. I think that the King and He-ro should not be related. But there story should be tied in together some how.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I'd personally rather they not be related. Using He-Man and She-Ra as an example doesn't help me see thingsa different because (and I know I'm in the minority), I never liked the idea of the twin sister for He-Man.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

I hope he is not his brother and I don't see the need for Dinosaurs. The whole Bio for He-ro will probably be different anyway since he is a cosmic warrior instead of a sorcerer now. I think that is a good thing BTW

Long before Prince Adam™ held the Sword of Power™ to become He-Man®, his ancestor, King Grayskull™ defended Eternia™ from evil. Heroically mastering the secret power of his sword, Grayskull™ fought side-by-side with the cosmic warrior He-Ro against both the evil Hordak and King Hssss™.

I wonder how they`ll pull it off! Grayskull and He ro were from 2 totally different times in Eternian history, so I`d like to see how they manage to make them fight side by side!!. The only way to have them fight side by side is by allowing He Ro to travel through time FROM Preternia

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    The only way to have them fight side by side is by allowing He Ro to travel through time FROM Preternia

Your already seeing it the wrong way I believe. 80's He-Ro is from preternia, and in the 80's, there WAS no King Grayskull(yay). This is a whole new story, combining classic with 200X, and I'm sure THIS He-Ro is from the same time as KG.

Same with the dino remark. That's only in the POF story, and this is a brand new ongoing story told through the bios.
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Mer-Man Coming April 15th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

Quote Originally Posted by The_Robin View Post
    Your already seeing it the wrong way I believe. 80's He-Ro is from preternia, and in the 80's, there WAS no King Grayskull(yay). This is a whole new story, combining classic with 200X, and I'm sure THIS He-Ro is from the same time as KG.

Same with the dino remark. That's only in the POF story, and this is a brand new ongoing story told through the bios.
    Then He Ro needs to releaseed ASAP with his new bio for us to understand the WHOLE power scenariobecause until he is, He-Ro is still from preternia

Then He Ro needs to releaseed ASAP with his new bio for us to understand the WHOLE power scenariobecause until he is, He-Ro is still from preternia
    Even AFTER he's released, he's not going to be related to KG to me. But in relation to trying to figure out how Mattel will make it work, they simply don't have to. They will most likley just make them from the same time.
    www.mattycollector.com

Faker Coming March 16th
    Mer-Man Coming April 15th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

As long as he doesn`t have an alter ego called Prince Dare I`m cool with him and KG being from the same time!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I wish this "He-Ro" character would die a slow, final death.

He never was, and was only something that was planned. Besides having one of the worst names in the history of MOTU (and we've had some stinkers!), everything about him is conjecture.

I would sooner see Tytus and Megator...and I hate those clowns!

I'm not a fan of everyone being tied together. I don't want any relation between the two. I'm already mad at the idea of Grayskull. (so much so I don't own him) but to each their own. I'm just hoping they stay clear of more relations (Adam/he-man, Randor, Keldor/Skeletor, Adora, Grayskull...its the biggest dysfunctional family in the universe.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    I'd personally rather they not be related. Using He-Man and She-Ra as an example doesn't help me see thingsa different because (and I know I'm in the minority), I never liked the idea of the twin sister for He-Man.
    There are others of us who feel the same way, but not many. As a whole I've found that there's a lot more people with our viewpoint who are casual fans (or simply people that fondly remember MOTU) that aren't on the org, but on the org the viewpoint is certainly in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Eternos View Post
    I'm not a fan of everyone being tied together. I don't want any relation between the two. I'm already mad at the idea of Grayskull. (so much so I don't own him) but to each their own. I'm just hoping they stay clear of more relations (Adam/he-man, Randor, Keldor/Skeletor, Adora, Grayskull...its the biggest dysfunctional family in the universe.
    You can add me to the list of people that feel this way.

MYP had it right...Keldor wasn't related to Randor, Teela was Sorceress' daughter & MAYBE Fisto...that was enough.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    You can add me to the list of people that feel this way.

MYP had it right...Keldor wasn't related to Randor, Teela was Sorceress' daughter & MAYBE Fisto...that was enough.
    I could've sworn that Keldor was intended to be Randor's half bro but they never got around to mentioning it on-screen

You could be right, but I don't recall that...

The fact that they didn`t say they weren`t releated is good enough for me. The mini comic after all cemented the fact the Randor and Keldor were infact brothers and if MYP intended for them NOT to be brothers it would have been mentioned in the toon somewhere

The fact that they didn`t say they weren`t releated is good enough for me. The mini comic after all cemented the fact the Randor and Keldor were infact brothers and if MYP intended for them NOT to be brothers it would have been mentioned in the toon somewhere
    They didn't say Teela and Evil Lyn WEREN'T related either. Your assumption that MYP followed the mini comics is just that.

I assume that because if they meant to change it they would have told us somewhere that it was changed, Teela and Evil lyn being related is only unlikely because it was never said or hinted at anywhere before that they were releated, so therefore people don`t have a reason to believe they are related. Keldor and Randor are a different story, also the "You should not take what belongs to others, but then again like father Like Son" comment Skeletor made in The last Stand episode was to imply that Randor took Keldor`s throne, since Keldor is clearly the brother of Randor. I take it as taking the throne not his face!That`s my opinion of it anyways

Keldor and Randor are half borther in MYP continuty.
    Confirmed by multiple sources, this is official, there is nothing more to debate there.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I agree that "forcing" more characters to be related is a BAD idea IMO.

Randor and Keldor are half-brothers. Fine.
    Sorceress is Teela's mother. Fine.
    Adam and Adora are twins. Fine.

Man-At-Arms and Fisto are brothers. Ehhh . . .
    Fisto is Teela's dad. *Blecch*

Enough already. Be more creative.

He-Ro's his own entity. True, the KG introduction complicates things vis a vis He-Ro a little, but that's no reason why they should be made to be brothers.

For some reason I like the idea of the Snake Men being somewhat immortal, and never really able to be beaten.
    This way, He-Ro is way more ancient than KG, and fought against the Snake Men in Preternia.
    Then he travels through time to KG's era to help him fight against Snake Men and the Horde.

As for the name being silly, eh, I like it.
    The way I see it that He-Ro is such a legend, and was among the first of his kind to take a stand against evil and defeat it, so when people are called "heroic" in Eternia, they're really being called "He-Ro-ic".

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    As for the name being silly, eh, I like it.
    The way I see it that He-Ro is such a legend, and was among the first of his kind to take a stand against evil and defeat it, so when people are called "heroic" in Eternia, they're really being called "He-Ro-ic".
    I don't agree with all your points on the relations and what's fine and isn't fine, but aside from that i think you make an excellent point about the name. Since Eternia is a differnet world, it's conceivable that their etymologies are somewhat different and connecting He-Ro to the term 'heroic' is actually a clever way of making an otherwise ridiculous name seem quite plausible. Plus it adds a nice mystique to the character.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    an interesting way at least for me is this

greyskull=Arthur
    he-ro=merlin
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Since Eternia is a differnet world, it's conceivable that their etymologies are somewhat different and connecting He-Ro to the term 'heroic' is actually a clever way of making an otherwise ridiculous name seem quite plausible. Plus it adds a nice mystique to the character.
    Yup, that's what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    an interesting way at least for me is this

greyskull=Arthur
    he-ro=merlin
    Wouldn't it be He-Ro = Arthur, and Eldor = Merlin?