Thread: Wal-mart.com has Point Dread and Battle Ram at 40% off again w/ free shipping

Wal-mart.com has Point Dread and Battle Ram at 40% off again w/ free shipping

Mattel has put the stock that they have on Wal-mart.com at 40% off with free shipping.

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    No Roton yet...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    No Roton yet...
    Maybe GameStop soon
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Wow some savings $75
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Wow some savings $75
    I figure that is better than $125 plus shipping though.........
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    I figure that is better than $125 plus shipping though.........
    I know Chris it wasn't a slight to you just makes me wonder why they are keeping the prices high on this one it should be in the $40-50 range....

I know Chris it wasn't a slight to you just makes me wonder why they are keeping the prices high on this one it should be in the $40-50 range....
    Yeah people said the same thing when the castle was on matty for $300 for a long time. Now look how much it goes for.

I know man. I was just teasing. I totally agree! But I don't see them lowering it anymore.
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by bat4life1 View Post
    Yeah people said the same thing when the castle was on matty for $300 for a long time. Now look how much it goes for.
    Yes true BUT they dropped the price on the castle to $150 to clear them out makes you wonder why they don't do the same with Point Dread and other items...

Thanks to the original poster for the heads-up. I had some saved-up Savings Catcher rewards and was able to order an Oolar for $20.

First Gamestop and now Walmart. Guess I should start checking Big Lots again.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the heads-up on this, but $75 is still pricey for this Point Dread. I don't collect the MOTU Classics, but if this were lower in price (i.e. $50) I would pick it up. Great vehicle, and an improvement on the original from the '80's.

However, this post is the first time I was aware that Wal-mart.com was even carrying this MOTU Classic line. The figures are nowhere to be found in the Wal-mart stores (at least none that I've been to), so it looks like they're exclusively selling them online.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by man-e-faces View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up on this, but $75 is still pricey for this Point Dread. I don't collect the MOTU Classics, but if this were lower in price (i.e. $50) I would pick it up. Great vehicle, and an improvement on the original from the '80's.

However, this post is the first time I was aware that Wal-mart.com was even carrying this MOTU Classic line. The figures are nowhere to be found in the Wal-mart stores (at least none that I've been to), so it looks like they're exclusively selling them online.
    The Org posted it in the news section in February, I think, that remaining stock from MattyCollector would be sold through Wal-Mart's website. If you check the site, it says none of them are available in stores, and it also says they are available by Mattel (basically just sold through Wal-Mart, the way many sellers use Amazon). I think it is just some deal Matty/Mattel made with Wal-Mart to help get rid of their rest of their Customer Service stock (along with their Ebay page).

If you go to Mattel's Ebay shop, it shows the listed price, but if you add the items to your cart, they go for the same sale price that is shown on the Wal-Mart site.
    Last edited by ian_highful; April 16, 2017 at 12:14am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_highful View Post
    The Org posted it in the news section in February, I think, that remaining stock from MattyCollector would be sold through Wal-Mart's website. If you check the site, it says none of them are available in stores, and it also says they are available by Mattel (basically just sold through Wal-Mart, the way many sellers use Amazon). I think it is just some deal Matty/Mattel made with Wal-Mart to help get rid of their rest of their Customer Service stock (along with their Ebay page).

If you go to Mattel's Ebay shop, it shows the listed price, but if you add the items to your cart, they go for the same sale price that is shown on the Wal-Mart site.
    Thanks for the clarification. Good to know.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the clarification. Good to know.
    No problem. I have tried to inform as many people as I can about the Ebay page because I am sure, like me, most collectors want to save money when they can. Looking at Mattel's Ebay page, they say it is an extra 40% off, but (in my opinion) it almost looks like they are suggesting that the listed price is the 40% off. Either way, Mattel is going to get their money; however, it makes you think Wal-Mart is the better option when you look a figure up on Wal-Mart and see $16.20 as the listed price, then look it up on Mattel's Ebay page and see the same figure listed at $27. I just want to make sure my fellow "He-Fans and She-Ravers" know they have a couple of money saving options for figures. Also, on that note, be aware that the free shipping offered is FedEx Smartpost and takes a week or so to get to you (at least for me in Oklahoma; it stands to reason that you will receive them more quickly if you live closer).

I just ordered another 2 figures...........I swear its like MOTUC is a drug.......
    Is not not licking toads

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_highful View Post
    No problem. I have tried to inform as many people as I can about the Ebay page because I am sure, like me, most collectors want to save money when they can. Looking at Mattel's Ebay page, they say it is an extra 40% off, but (in my opinion) it almost looks like they are suggesting that the listed price is the 40% off. Either way, Mattel is going to get their money; however, it makes you think Wal-Mart is the better option when you look a figure up on Wal-Mart and see $16.20 as the listed price, then look it up on Mattel's Ebay page and see the same figure listed at $27. I just want to make sure my fellow "He-Fans and She-Ravers" know they have a couple of money saving options for figures. Also, on that note, be aware that the free shipping offered is FedEx Smartpost and takes a week or so to get to you (at least for me in Oklahoma; it stands to reason that you will receive them more quickly if you live closer).
    Very good to know. I am skeptical of buying things online (other than from Amazon) because I've had shipping issues in the past; i.e., items have been misdelivered, etc. This is one of the reasons I never collected the MOTUC line; i.e., since I couldn't just go into a retail store and buy these (like I could the 200X Four Horsemen MOTU line) it wasn't as convenient to collect the line.

I remember seeing some MOTUC figures @ Big Lots for some good prices about four years ago; however, since I didn't want to collect the line I didn't get any.

That all being said, there are a lot of cool MOTUC figures available, many of which had never been made in the original '80's line - i.e. Evilseed, etc.

If Roton becomes available I will be psyched... it was priced far too high when it came out.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Despite what I said in my last post, as I scroll through the Wal-mart website re: the MOTUC line, I am sorely tempted to buy at least some of these items. Some of the individual figures are really going for great prices (i.e., under $17) - though some others are quite expensive - obviously based on the rarity & desirability of the character. For example, though some of the lesser known characters go for a reasonable price, Webstor is almost $100!

Despite what I said in my last post, as I scroll through the Wal-mart website re: the MOTUC line, I am sorely tempted to buy at least some of these items. Some of the individual figures are really going for great prices (i.e., under $17) - though some others are quite expensive - obviously based on the rarity & desirability of the character. For example, though some of the lesser known characters go for a reasonable price, Webstor is almost $100!
    Refine your search for only Mattel. You are seeing toywiz's figures as well and they are high!
    Is not not licking toads

I prefer eBay, I can use Paypal and I get eBay Bucks points in the process. Overall it's faster for me.

I went ahead and got the Flying Fists pack for He-Man(have Skeletor, will sell spare), the 2 Weapon Paks(will cherry pick what I want and sell the rest), and a spare Laser 2-pack to keep boxed, as the vintage figures are way beyond a price I'd ever pay and I want to open a set.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I prefer eBay, I can use Paypal and I get eBay Bucks points in the process. Overall it's faster for me.

I went ahead and got the Flying Fists pack for He-Man(have Skeletor, will sell spare), the 2 Weapon Paks(will cherry pick what I want and sell the rest), and a spare Laser 2-pack to keep boxed, as the vintage figures are way beyond a price I'd ever pay and I want to open a set.
    I agree about Ebay. You can use Paypal through Wal-Mart, but it always seems easier to go through Ebay. Over the past week I got Angella and Bow, and (though I didn't originally plan on NA characters) NA Skeletor, NA She-ra, and Crita, all through Mattel. Then won a decent price on an auction for NA He-Man and Flogg. Now I might have to consider going back to Mattel's page and getting Slush-Head and Karatti (I would like Mara and the Galactic Protectors eventually, but I usually prefer stocking up on villians first; we all knew He-Man and She-ra could take them alone).