Thread: Super7's Short MOTUC Ladies

Super7's Short MOTUC Ladies

Collector's Choice Hawke and Filmation Teela are noticeably shorter than all previous female figures in the line and even their own prototypes. Like the past 40+ MOTUC female figures, their prototypes had them the same height as the men. Here are some height comparison pictures I found and the pictures we were shown of the prototypes. Why are these two figures so short? They're DCUC female height, which is a different scale entirely. Super7, if you are reading this, PLEASE do not do this to the Sorceress, Granita and all future female MOTUC figures!

Last edited by Darkspecter; Today at 01:58am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Super7's Short MOTUC Ladies

A big part of it for Teela is her stubby little boots. I swapped them out with Point Dread Teela’s boots and she is almost the right height. Her shins from the knee to the boot cuff is slightly shorter than that part on the other Teelas as well. Hawkes legs seem to be the right size but her head sits really low and I think both of them have slightly smaller torsos than previous female figures.

Last edited by Jinxieman; Today at 03:14am.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    A big part of it for Teela is her stubby little boots. I swapped them out with Point Dread Teela’s boots and she is almost the right height. Her shins from the knee to the boot cuff is slightly shorter than that part on the other Teelas as well. Hawkes legs seem to be the right size but her head sits really low and I think both of them have slightly smaller torsos than previous female figures.
    That does look better. There's still a fair difference in height. It looks like the knee-to-thigh legs appear to be a bit shorter as well between the Teelas.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Honestly does it matter?

For years with Mattel we had females taller than the males.
    To me this is much better and more realistic as not everyone
    Is the same height. Filmation Teela is shorter but not a lot shorter than the male Filmation figures.
    I just think we are all used to tall female figures in the line. My god Glimmer makes angella look short and Angella was a decent height.

- - - Updated - - -

Also by the pictures you have posted Fisto is much shorter than Lodar. Should that make a difference?
    It goes back to what I said not everyone is the same height. It doesn’t take away from the figure.
    Last edited by mjw41; Today at 03:47am.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Honestly does it matter?

For years with Mattel we had females taller than the males.
    To me this is much better and more realistic as not everyone
    Is the same height. Filmation Teela is shorter but not a lot shorter than the male Filmation figures.
    I just think we are all used to tall female figures in the line. My god Glimmer makes angella look short and Angella was a decent height.

- - - Updated - - -

Also by the pictures you have posted Fisto is much shorter than Lodar. Should that make a difference?
    It goes back to what I said not everyone is the same height. It doesn’t take away from the figure.
    Yes it does matter. Teela and Hawke are tiny. They are in a 6 inch scale (like the DCUC figures) as opposed to the 7 inch scale MOTUC (and all previous MOTUC ladies) are in. The exception is Angella. Something makes her a bit shorter, which was a real bummer when she was released. It's probably a combination of her boots and her new torso.

Also, as you can see from the prototypes and advertisement used for the presales, they were not supposed to be so short. They are so short, they almost don't look like they are from the same toy line. Hawke beside Evil-Lyn really shows that. This height would make for a great "teen" body, like MYP Teela or Drissi from New Adventures, but it does not suit adult females.

Lodar, for some reason, is a lot taller than all MOTUC figures. Not sure why.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; Today at 04:25am.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Yes it does matter. Teela and Hawke are tiny. They are in a 6 inch scale (like the DCUC figures) as opposed to the 7 inch scale MOTUC (and all previous MOTUC ladies) are in. The exception is Angella. Something makes her a bit shorter, which was a real bummer when she was released. It's probably a combination of her boots and her new torso.

Also, as you can see from the prototypes and advertisement used for the presales, they were not supposed to be so short. They are so short, they almost don't look like they are from the same toy line. Hawke beside Evil-Lyn really shows that. This height would make for a great "teen" body, like MYP Teela or Drissi from New Adventures, but it does not suit adult females.

Lodar, for some reason, is a lot taller than all MOTUC figures. Not sure why.
    Do you think this is the reason why Hawke's head looks so big? Maybe the body was scaled down for some unknown reason, but they kind of "forgot" the head and now we have a 7" scale head on a 6" scale body?

I remember Jitsu's head being comparatively small for the MOTUC male body!?
    Re-release Dino-Riders sculpted by the Four Horsemen!!!