Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He-man boxes- what to do?

He-man boxes- what to do?

I open and display my figures, but I have all the boxes. I am thinking of consolidating my space by just keeping the card backers and throwing out all the white boxes. I am not a claim-shell guy, yet.

I am curious what the collecting community is doing and if anyone has any genius ideas ?

Thanks,
    Jay

i keep the cardbacks. i use the white mailers to ship stuff i sell and to keep the cardbacks in and to store weapons in/
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by aiwaloki View Post
    I open and display my figures, but I have all the boxes. I am thinking of consolidating my space by just keeping the card backers and throwing out all the white boxes. I am not a claim-shell guy, yet.

I am curious what the collecting community is doing and if anyone has any genius ideas ?

Thanks,
    Jay
    I have been keeping every package since the Blastic figures (except Frosta....she wasn't blastic, I kept those in case the paint started to peel or chip, I'd pop them right back in and reseal them up, but it hasn't ever happened, guess the paint finally cured), But I decided to start keeping the packages to each subsequent figure, I guess I like the thought of being able to repackage them for hanging display, also in case my shelf room goes away, I can always find wall space.

But the ones I did open prior to the Blastic figures mid to late 2012, I cut the bubbles off and kept the cards, which I use for backdrops for my MOTUC collection, they work quite well too. I also tossed many of the mailers (to the ones previous), the ones I didn't I kept for storage and organization. They are quite good for storing stuff, all the same size and stackable.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I would say keep the cardbacks and toss the rest (and send your Fisto mailer this way ).

I've got all the cardbacks stored in a few of the white mailers. Everything else has long since departed this world!

I've kept all my cardbacks. And I started keeping the white mailers in July this year to let my son use them for building blocks.
    The plastic I chuck.

If you want to get rid of the white mailers I often see people selling them on eBay.

Heroic Warrior
    I cut and keep only the bios.
    Was thinking about cutting the mini figures on the cardback as well and use on some kind of boardgame/rpg...but so far all went to the trash/fireplace.

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    Everything else has long since departed this world!
    Are you sure your plastic bottle water didn't once contain a MOTUC?

Or your local newspaper ads paper stock didn't once say He-Man "The most Powerful man in the universe"?

Did you load your name inserts and bubbles into a rocket for the moon?

How can you be sure?

Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

i only keep the cardback, throw everything else (packagewise) away. To be honest i don't really know why i keep these, might give them all away some day

The white mailer boxes come in very handy for me when shipping small items. I wish I had more of them.

Some people will take the mailers off your hands for a small price, I haven't done this I tend to just toss mine.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I tend to be a bit of a packrat, but I have to recycle the white mailer boxes, keeping them would just be too much at this point! I keep the cardbacks and inserts. Why? I have no idea. I guess I keep thinking I'll do something with them someday.
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

This is an old pic, obviously. The stack is MUCH larger now! But that's about how many I had when I finally decided to get rid of the boxes.

I was also keeping these for awhile:

...but I have no idea why. I stopped recently, but I didn't actually toss the ones I kept yet. WHAT DO I DO WITH THEM. I also keep the little green front part that has their name on it...in case I actually have room to display them ALL, someday (HA).

Anyway; currently they're in a ziploc bag inside a plastic bin with some of the other items I've saved from boxes.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I keep the card backs, name inserts, and the MOTUC logos. I recycle what I can. I keep some boxes for shipping out toys and get rid of the rest. I used to try to keep the mailers by flattening them, but they still ended up taking a lot of space. Get rid of them if you don't need them.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    Aside from being a completist, I am a minimalist with everything. All the card backs, boxes, etc. have been torched in my backyard fire pit over the years. I figure if I ever want to read the card backs, they're online at different sites. My home is too small for the figures let alone everything else that comes with it. I'm not of that "let's save it!" regimen. TORCH IT!

Heroic Warrior
    If my he man boxes, I'm putting him in the ring, the world needs a heavy weight champ..

I kept all the cardbacks and the nameplates from the blisters, tossed everything else. I kept the white mailers and blisters until not that long ago, but I recently just tossed them all - just no point in keeping them and the space they took up.

I too just keep the card backs. The white mailer boxes I do save but give to my kids to stack up and knock over and build with and what not. Any of those that get smashed or wrecked go into the recycle bin.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I had a problem with keeping boxes. After I got like 4 big boxes of empty boxes. So I finally just kept the cardbacks and inserts (logo, name wrap, cutting of the faction sticker if applicable) and made yearly binders of them. Much less space. Kinda cool.

I'm still missing Hurricane Hordaks cardback because I bought him off the marketplace loose. So I'd take one, hint hint. But yeah, ditch them.

Heck, I save the white mailers (alot of em anyway) to pack stuff up in. They're a perfect size for alot of stuff. Seriously though, consider sheet protectors & binders & cardbacks.

Heroic Warrior
    I've started shipping loose figures in the the white boxes. Why not? They're sturdy enough. I do wrap them in brown paper or something handy...

I keep cardbacks and any boxes that have artwork (Granymyr, WR, CG...). Everything else gets recycled!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I keep cardbacks and any boxes that have artwork (Granymyr, WR, CG...). Everything else gets recycled!
    This is exactly what I do. Gotta keep enough space available to add to the collection!

Heroic Warrior
    If you do decide to throw away the white boxes then you might try offering them for sale on the marketplace. I've seen a few people needing the white boxes, and I could actually use 3-4 myself. It may be a way to make someone happy, earn a little money, and increase your Market FB score.

I also keep the white mailers as future shipping boxes and pretty much throw everything else away. I just have too much clutter around right now and need to avoid adding any more to it. Keeping the cardback bios is a neat idea but I didn't consider it until it was way too late so I don't bother with it now. I'd rather read the "MOTUC Narrative Based on the Bios" thread here, anyway!

However, I have kept the larger boxes that have cool artwork on them...C'mon, it's Rudy Obrero art! I still have Granamyr's box and I just got a replacement for the Wind Raider box that got crunched a few months ago. In fact, I put all my Ziploc bags of extra accessories in the WR box today and it's the perfect MOTUC storage unit for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I was also keeping these for awhile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...epingthese.jpg

...but I have no idea why.
    Heheh, I've done the same thing! I keep finding those little logos all over the place. I should get rid of them but they look so cool!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!