Page 146 of 227 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 5674

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DrGrayskull View Post
    I have managed to find a comic shop near by that will be seeling the new mOTU DC comics. abstract sprocket in norwich. they have a website too. i think they are expecting the first ones in late next week.
    That's where I get my Transformers comics and I have put in an order with them for MOTU but I expect they will be more expensive than cmjcomics.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    Comiczone.co.uk have some of them for pre-order as well. I have the first 3 issues pre-ordered.
    Comiczone is who i use too and also have all 3 preodered, cheap comics and cheap postage
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    If anybody is looking for some where to order the new comic series from I've just ordered all 6 issues from a comic shop called cmjcomics.co.uk for £13.80 (thats £2.30 per issue) with free P&P, each issue is shipped as it's released and comes bagged and boarded.

Man that doesn't sound good, maybe your Post Office just has idle staff.
    I have two copies of the first issue on pre-order with Forbidden Planet. I love that place, it's the only shop cooler than my bedroom.

As for the late figures, I was amazed at the Post Office staff's complete ineptitude too, but at the same time was just relieved that I finally had my stuff.

How much is the comic at Forbidden Planet?
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Can we stop talking about the comic in the UK figure arrival thread, please?

It's nice to have the thread kept busy during the lull between figures!
    I always think of this as the catch-all UK thread rather than just a thread for figure arrivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    How much is the comic at Forbidden Planet?
    The pre-order is going for £1.95 (not including postage)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    Sorry.

Nothing yet. I'm getting very annoyed.
    same here
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Same here, still waiting for the DOS figures but in the meantime will check out those comic stores and order the whole set :-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    It's nice to have the thread kept busy during the lull between figures!
    I always think of this as the catch-all UK thread rather than just a thread for figure arrivals.
    I tend to agree, its good havinga a general thread for people in the uk and i think of it as catch all too.

I agree, I see it as a catch all as well!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Is it because like me when you see this thread on the main page with new posts you rush in thinking the figures are starting to arrive, only to see posts about the comic?

In all seriousness I like it as a catch all thread, it's how i got myself some Primark Skeletor PJ's!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

My Slushead still didnt arrived, its strange that some orders are coming fast (less than 20 days) but others and rather moust of them in this year i think are going very SLOOOOOW!! -_- Once my parcel was more than a month IN SWEDEN -_-
    That D-bait Guy From POLAND

A big box arrived today - sub Griffin, Horde Prime and SMAA - no customs charges again!

Haven't had chance to crack them open yet but they look great in box.

I don't think it hurts for this to be a catch all Uk thread. I don't get excited when I see someone here has there figures as the times vary so much for people in different parts of the country, someone could get theirs today but mine won't be here till next week or something.

So I picked up the comic today. Both Orbital Comics and Gosh! in London had loads of copies, probably around 20 (I don't know if that's good or bad - I guess it only went on sale today, seems they have faith in it to have ordered so many). It was £2.20 in both shops.
    I didn't have time to check Forbidden Planet.

Orbital also has a selection of figures for £40 each, Mo-Larr set for £40, SDCC Orko for £60 and both Weapons Paks for £20 each.
    I desperately need a Whiplash but there's no way I can stretch to £40!

A toy shop near me has MOTUC at £40+ each too. No way i'd ever pay that much and it doesn't look like anyone else would either as they have sat on the shelf there for years in some cases.

I usually buy my MOTUC from ebay but thought I would give Matty Collector a chance on Monday for the sale - figures arrived today (although I was out) but have to pay £41 - still very quick delivery compared to everyone else in this thread - 3 days!

How much do UPS charge for admin? I feel maybe ebay is the better option for future purchases as 5 items ended up costing me £200!!!
    Last edited by kochane; July 5, 2012 at 05:01pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    Is it because like me when you see this thread on the main page with new posts you rush in thinking the figures are starting to arrive, only to see posts about the comic?
    Yeah, that's exactly it. Usually when people say they're starting to get their figures I'll end up getting mine a few days later.
    I bet Snake Man-At-Arms, Horde Prime and the Griffin end up arriving before Stinkor and Slush Head.

I got the comic today. Not a fan of the ridiculously brief pace or the sketchy artwork but I do love where the story is heading.

Yeah, that's exactly it. Usually when people say they're starting to get their figures I'll end up getting mine a few days later.
    I bet Snake Man-At-Arms, Horde Prime and the Griffin end up arriving before Stinkor and Slush Head.
    I'm thinking exactly the same, I need something to arrive, not had a new figure since Spector (ordered my 30th and regular subs seperately. If I hadn't my last figures would have been TP He-Man and Draego!)
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I'm thinking exactly the same, I need something to arrive, not had a new figure since Spector (ordered my 30th and regular subs seperately. If I hadn't my last figures would have been TP He-Man and Draego!)
    I'm in the same position, although my Spector was bought on sale day. So annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by kochane View Post
    I usually buy my MOTUC from ebay but thought I would give Matty Collector a chance on Monday for the sale - figures arrived today (although I was out) but have to pay £41 - still very quick delivery compared to everyone else in this thread - 3 days!

How much do UPS charge for admin? I feel maybe ebay is the better option for future purchases as 5 items ended up costing me £200!!!
    I've had a sub for 3 years and also bought individual items when required and always used the cheapest shipping option without any problems - the UPS fee is ridiculous, loads more than the figs.

I'd suggest giving the cheaper shipping option a go - this way Matty should be cheaper than ebay.

Just had a ransom note for the Griffin/Prime/Snake MAA. The price they are demanding? £19!! It was from Parcel Force as well who have never delivered anything MOTUC to me before. Really not happy at all. Especially when I see that others were lucky enough to get theirs for free.

Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne View Post
    Just had a ransom note for the Griffin/Prime/Snake MAA. The price they are demanding? £19!! It was from Parcel Force as well who have never delivered anything MOTUC to me before. Really not happy at all. Especially when I see that others were lucky enough to get theirs for free.
    Same here. I had no idea items from with Europe were subject to VAT fees, so I'm shocked. I'm very confused as to why Parcel Force have it, though. I didn't ask them to send it. All my Matty products have come via standard Royal Mail before now, and they have the decency to deliver on Saturdays without having you pay £12 for the privilege...

And where are my May figures. anyway?

I got a ransom note from Parcel Force for £20.47p. I'll go to hell if I'm am paying that on top of the £10 it would cost me in petrol to go collect it so I will leave the package for them to send back to matty and matty can pay for it then refund my money or send a replacement via royal mail. I have never had a matty package come via parcel force before nor have I asked them to use parcel force this time. If this continues I will not get a sub next year and take my chances on ebay. No way I can afford this just for toys. Been stung enough this year having to pay for the Star Sisters and Photog.
    Last edited by Rodster6; July 6, 2012 at 11:10am.