Page 170 of 221 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 5502

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

just a quick question for subscribers here;

is it cheaper to 'split' items (i.e. in a 2 figure month; for example february) or does it work out cheaper to ship them together in the same package? ...

i was reading that subbers are able to split items before shipping - or maybe im off the mark here? ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

Picked up my DOS Mosquitor from the post office this morning. Still Waiting for Granamyr to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    just a quick question for subscribers here;

is it cheaper to 'split' items (i.e. in a 2 figure month; for example february) or does it work out cheaper to ship them together in the same package? ...

i was reading that subbers are able to split items before shipping - or maybe im off the mark here? ...
    It used to come down to whether you could get the individual items below the customs threshhold however this year with the price rises to $25 for a basic fig even a single figure is above the threshold of £15 hence everything should attract customs.

As such you are probably best getting things shipped together which should reduce the shipping cost and if caught only incur one customs handling fee.

I suppose what it will come down to is whether a smaller box is more likely to be caught by customs than a larger one and if the saving in customs is sufficient to offset the extra shipping.

Mosquitor arrived today :-) Plus got the shipping confirmation on sub item :-) Cool!
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Had a parcelforce customs charge notice arrive today for £17.47 - seems Procrustus and Mosquitor have arrived.

Also had the shipping confirmation and invoice for sub Netossa - it included an extra $25 charge - is this for the sub figure? I thought we paid this when we signed up for the sub back in June?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my customs notice come today for £19.83 most probably Procrustus and Mosquitor
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I can highly recommend the DHL shipping option. My 2 x Netossa subs order arrived TODAY, with NO import fees! Still waiting on Mosquitor and Procrustus though, my 2012 sub was on economy delivery...

How much is the DHL option vs. the cheap shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    How much is the DHL option vs. the cheap shipping?
    My Netossa arrived today! I paid for the DHL option and by my calculatons it cost me £33!! I had a Rorschach too that was billed at the same time, cheaper shipping option so that might be slightly wrong with currency conversions and all. Expensive!! But a much better service. Barely took a week. But stupid expensive!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Might consider it for Ram man and Jitsu if I can get them shipped together - this is my first time as a subber - any ideas if both figures will ship together?
    Had a look on the subscriptions page and can't see where I can change shipping options.
    Does anyone know if it is possible?

That's great news, I've gone with DHL this time round too for my subs, So my Netossa's should be here this week.(or hopefully today)
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

£33 against £8.. Hard choice ;-P Even when one adds a possible tax and RM fee it still comes cheaper. And if I have to wait a month for them to arrive so be it, I prefer to save some money where I can. These toys are expensive enough on it's own.. But sure, if you sleep on money, why not ;-> Go for it! :-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    £33 against £8.. Hard choice ;-P Even when one adds a possible tax and RM fee it still comes cheaper. And if I have to wait a month for them to arrive so be it, I prefer to save some money where I can. These toys are expensive enough on it's own.. But sure, if you sleep on money, why not ;-> Go for it! :-)
    I had 5 figures shipped for that same total. Its hard to justify it for 1. I also had no import tax bill this time, but was warned by the DHL guy that its possible I got away with it, but not to count on it as a bill could turn up in the post.. Im sure it will.. would be nice if it doesnt though
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    To be fair, I was taken in by TG's rhetoric about them no longer replacing items shipped via the cheaper method, hence the DHL shipment this time. I may yet cancel since I don't mind waiting for my figures. And anything I don't receive - it'll be cheaper to just replace via the secondary market in the event a shipment doesn't arrive....

Lycan
    Might consider it for Ram man and Jitsu if I can get them shipped together - this is my first time as a subber - any ideas if both figures will ship together?
    Had a look on the subscriptions page and can't see where I can change shipping options.
    They *should* allow you to change it, but never have in the past. It would be a nice update but I doubt they will allow you to do that.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Both figues in one sub will certainly ship together - and it is possible to change shipping methods on the My Sub page :-)

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    To be fair, I was taken in by TG's rhetoric about them no longer replacing items shipped via the cheaper method, hence the DHL shipment this time. I may yet cancel since I don't mind waiting for my figures. And anything I don't receive - it'll be cheaper to just replace via the secondary market in the event a shipment doesn't arrive....
    This is why I went with the DHL option too.

Both figues in one sub will certainly ship together - and it is possible to change shipping methods on the My Sub page :-)
    Hmmmm, I don't see the option to change postage options under my subscription. Where exactly should I be looking?

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    My Netossa arrived today! I paid for the DHL option and by my calculatons it cost me £33!! I had a Rorschach too that was billed at the same time, cheaper shipping option so that might be slightly wrong with currency conversions and all. Expensive!! But a much better service. Barely took a week. But stupid expensive!
    Just for the shipping?! Or figure plus shipping...?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Just for the shipping?! Or figure plus shipping...?
    That's for DHL shipping only I bet. I could not justify paying that myself. So glad my sub is shipping to a US based friend!
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

On a separate issue, I'm still waiting for my Granamyr to arrive. Has anyone else had theirs turn up yet?

no sign or granymr yet
    also no sign of mosqitor and procrustus.
    are these coming by royal mail or parcal force as a few people have said parcal force but mine normally come by royal mail. parcal force rarely leave a note to say they have it in my experience which is really annoying.

Received Netossa today from DHL, also the Black spot on her cape rubbed straight off.

ParcelforCe just slapped me with a nice little £17.00 charge. Well this is my last sub order for at least 12 months, it's going to be so nice not forking out over the odds just to suport the brand, when Mattel arn't really bothered about my custom anyway. For five years I subbed faithfully, and to be honest I have only ever had two issues with DR and both were resoulved quickly. TG character selection for this year killed it for me. I won't pay that price for the foe men. If it was the Defdnders of Good three pack I very well might still be in the game. The foe men for me were the outright line in the sand. I'm goning help out the fans who bought multiples, what I save on shipping and fees will more than ofset the inflated price of King He-Man is gonna earn on the secondary market. I have loved being part off this thread, and want to wish you all a successful and problem free sub and subsequent deleveries in 2013. If I sub for 2014 I'll start posting again. Good Journey everyone!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Hmmm, I need Horde Prime but not sure I can justify the new $27 cost and possible customs.
    I'm going to have to bite the bullet with the likes of Jitsu and Rammy but for a C-list character who was previously at a lower price it's much harder to swallow.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration