Page 180 of 232 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 5786

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

  1. #4476
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,191
    Can't believe so many are getting parcels customs free, I wonder if I should change my Snake Face subs for this month for the cheap method? Knowing my luck, I'll probably get stung

    I got my refund for around $8.00 from DR last week
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

  2. #4477
    Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Posts
    347
    Got Fang Man and King He man today. Customs free (cheaper shipping). Opened King He Man and he is pretty cool. Great paint and tight joints. The mini comic is great, fills in a few gaps ands rasies some new questions. Nice artwork and a wee nod to Scrollos. I would love a figure of him. Would be great to get a mini comic at least every year.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

  3. #4478
    Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Green Glade
    Posts
    1,311
    537320_10151547898860659_1964466380_n.jpg Got my Strobo today, no customs. Not received Fang Man or King He-Man though yet.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

  4. #4479
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    61
    Got my King He-man and Fang man yesterday,no customs again,which is amazing.I love both figures.

  5. #4480
    Heroic Warrior ADPriceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton UK
    Posts
    438
    King He-man and Fang both arrived here customs free using the cheap shipping option. Both great figs - but does anyone else have a King He-man with a wobbly head? The neck piece seems to have a lot of space to move around. It's not too bad as the collar on the cape keep it in place but just slightly annoying.

  6. #4481
    Heroic Warrior skeletorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Taunton UK
    Posts
    429
    Got my FangMan and King Heman+map yesterday. Had an indian guy ring me on friday, again asking for details on the phone. I payed online but with easter didnt get them till tuesday. I cant believe even though ive got more expensive international shipping I had to paye £13.26???
    IT doesnt make any sense to me at all. Anyway love both figures but quality on Fang man is a little lacking. Mine has a non twisting leg and bulging ankle joints. Spoke to DR but im not taking the risk of sending back and possibly faced with a refund and no figure.

  7. #4482
    Heroic Warrior ADPriceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton UK
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    Got my FangMan and King Heman+map yesterday. Had an indian guy ring me on friday, again asking for details on the phone. I payed online but with easter didnt get them till tuesday. I cant believe even though ive got more expensive international shipping I had to paye £13.26???
    IT doesnt make any sense to me at all. Anyway love both figures but quality on Fang man is a little lacking. Mine has a non twisting leg and bulging ankle joints. Spoke to DR but im not taking the risk of sending back and possibly faced with a refund and no figure.
    I think the problem with the DHL shipping option is that, while much quicker and a better service, you are pretty much guaranteed to be hit with customs charges everytime. The monitoring of the cheaper option seems much more lax and generally single figs (and sometimes the much larger shipments) slip through unnoticed.

    The reality is that all orders irrespective of shipping method (above the £15 threshold) should attract VAT and the ridiculous handling charge which is the real killer...

  8. #4483
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,373
    Also got my Fang Man and King He-Man today with no customs
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  9. #4484
    Heroic Warrior Rodster6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,742
    I got a ransom note today which I think must be for Fangman and King He-man

  10. #4485
    Heroic Warrior robaczek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I got a ransom note today which I think must be for Fangman and King He-man
    Same here £11.26, just picked them up ;-) Both figs seems to have one of the best paint ups in a long time (at least what I can see through the blister card ;-) ) Cool! Now off to sell the Fangman! :-D
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

  11. #4486
    Heroic Warrior Nianotreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Posts
    543
    My early Birthday present arrived today
    Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull Business card holder, Skeletor and Prince Adam sword letter openers


    Front, side and back shot


    Front, top and other side shot


    With Skele sword inserted


    With Prince Adam sword inserted


    And united with He-Man's which i got last year

    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

  12. #4487
    Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Green Glade
    Posts
    1,311
    £11.26 customs charge for me too
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

  13. #4488
    Heroic Warrior Bushmonster31's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    211
    Mine arrived yesterday, no customs! YAY!

  14. #4489
    Heroic Warrior robaczek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday, no customs! YAY!
    Lucky!! So.. Any ideas when the 'proper' Icon Heroes CG will be shipped? ;-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

  15. #4490
    Heroic Warrior Fright Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,537
    Hey guys, I have a couple of questions before I bite the bullet on a sub-lite on Monday...

    I got the Filmation sub, so will that mean both subs will ship together? (Meaning at least two figs per month and likely charges)

    I am thinking about getting my figures shipped to a US board member so they can send them in bulk quarterly packages to save on shipping.
    Does anyone else do this? If they mark the package as a gift/low value that avoids customs right?

    For those that did this, how did you find a trustworthy board member to help you out?
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

    www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

  16. #4491
    Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Green Glade
    Posts
    1,311
    Got my Fang Man and King He-Man yesterday. I'm so glad I'm not a MOC collector. The faction sticker is wonky and He-Man's sword is positioned in the package so it's covering his face.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Hey guys, I have a couple of questions before I bite the bullet on a sub-lite on Monday...

    I got the Filmation sub, so will that mean both subs will ship together? (Meaning at least two figs per month and likely charges)

    I am thinking about getting my figures shipped to a US board member so they can send them in bulk quarterly packages to save on shipping.
    Does anyone else do this? If they mark the package as a gift/low value that avoids customs right?

    For those that did this, how did you find a trustworthy board member to help you out?
    That's not possible. Do you honestly think 3 months worth of figures will be able to be priced as below £15 to avoid customs? There's no way you could do that.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

  17. #4492
    Heroic Warrior Bushmonster31's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    211
    Fright zone said:
    "I am thinking about getting my figures shipped to a US board member so they can send them in bulk quarterly packages to save on shipping.
    Does anyone else do this? If they mark the package as a gift/low value that avoids customs right?
    For those that did this, how did you find a trustworthy board member to help you out?"

    If he's getting a board member to ship the items then they could mark the shipping label as gift and whatever value they wanted.

  18. #4493
    Heroic Warrior Fright Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    That's not possible. Do you honestly think 3 months worth of figures will be able to be priced as below £15 to avoid customs? There's no way you could do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    If he's getting a board member to ship the items then they could mark the shipping label as gift and whatever value they wanted.
    Yeah that's what I mean... I just bought four figures and the seller marked the value as $10 and they avoided customs, so I assume this would be possible with a large quarterly package too.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

    www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

  19. #4494
    Lycan
    Havoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,953
    Just had the call from the DHL Indian woman wanting credit card details. I told her I wont do that and will pay the driver by cheque, and she told me the parcel will be delivered tuesday... though its sat in the depot right now!!! So I called the number to talk to a UK person and he also told me first available delivery is tuesday. What the hell? I could go collect it quicker. This is the second month in a row DHL have annoyed me.. Last months experience was so bad they called me the next day offering to send me flowers.. I said I didnt want that, just give better service next month.... Bring back UPS.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

  20. #4495
    Heroic Warrior vid.tracey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    511
    Had to get this months figures through the secondary market but picked them up yesterday. Impressed with fangman I must say (or maybe it's just the filmation accessories). And then my DC zodac 2 pack showed up this morning, so good couple of days
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

    Positive trades; Nightcraw

  21. #4496
    Heroic Warrior karg182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Midlands, UK
    Posts
    582
    Got a phone call from DHL today, advising me to pay a customs charge for Snakeface. Damn! Over £35 for the figure and postage (although that it could be less, not done the sums yet) and then £12.13 customs. I'm beginning to regret going the DHL route now! But I'm glad that they're doing more product now with the Filmation sub, as it's going to work out a lot cheaper. Next month with FFM and Karrati is going to be hell on earth for my wallet! Incidentally, I'd be interested to know what the product value label says. The last time they shipped a single figure (Netossa) I didn't get stung with a customs charge. Anyway, it's paid now and hopefully they'll deliver Snakeface to my Mum's on Monday.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

  22. #4497
    Heroic Warrior Fright Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,537
    Could someone please confirm for me that if you have a main sub and a Filmation sub they will ship them together?
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

    www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

  23. #4498
    Heroic Warrior Nianotreve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    Got a phone call from DHL today, advising me to pay a customs charge for Snakeface. Damn! Over £35 for the figure and postage (although that it could be less, not done the sums yet) and then £12.13 customs. I'm beginning to regret going the DHL route now! But I'm glad that they're doing more product now with the Filmation sub, as it's going to work out a lot cheaper. Next month with FFM and Karrati is going to be hell on earth for my wallet! Incidentally, I'd be interested to know what the product value label says. The last time they shipped a single figure (Netossa) I didn't get stung with a customs charge. Anyway, it's paid now and hopefully they'll deliver Snakeface to my Mum's on Monday.
    You should start to see the benifit of DHL in the second half of the year (from July), as the figures bunch up to 2 or more per month most months.

    by the way i responded to your marketplace request re a Procustus arm, I had one break also and got a replacement from DR so I have spare, if the arm I have is the one you need, you can have it. I posted pics on your post of the one i have
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

  24. #4499
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    6,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Could someone please confirm for me that if you have a main sub and a Filmation sub they will ship them together?
    I think there is an option on the my sub page that allows you to change that option to non combined or combined. By default it should combine them upon the first renewal of the Filmation sub in August. The Main sub and Filmation July figures will ship seperate for everyone (as according to Matty, subs only can combine upon renewal)
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

  25. #4500
    Heroic Warrior karg182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Midlands, UK
    Posts
    582
    The first figure in the Filmation sub will ship seperately from the standard sub and then every other month they will ship together. Slightly annoying considering they have plenty of time from when the subs are purchased to when the first figure is ready to ship. Ah well!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •