Page 181 of 226 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 5636

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Thanks for the clarification guys. I'm going to go ahead and sub up tomorrow. No idea which shipping method to go for though!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Just received Snake face today. PICT0462.jpg

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trans22 View Post
    Just received Snake face today. PICT0462.jpg
    How much did you pay altogether with the more expensive shipping option?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Snake Face arrived today. Awesome figure!

My (slow post) early access Snakemen arrived this morning. No sign of (slow post) sub Snake Face as of yet. It would be very strange if the $54 item made it through customs-free and the $25 one was caught!

Is anyone going to switch to the DHL shipping option this month. I figure we're going to get stung whichever option, and the DHL shipping is actually cheaper than International Post for these items. Just wondering how much of a pain it will be changing for just one month then switching back!?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    Is anyone going to switch to the DHL shipping option this month. I figure we're going to get stung whichever option, and the DHL shipping is actually cheaper than International Post for these items. Just wondering how much of a pain it will be changing for just one month then switching back!?
    How much will each option be?

Someone on the canadian posting page commented:

Just looking on Matty site about changing May to DHL express...$28.65 DHL Express (24 hour delivery) or $30.15 (3 weeks). If it will get hit with customs...which it will be a value of $100 - I think it is going to have customs...then DHL express will be almost $2 cheaper shipping and $2 on customs fee and faster.

INFO : Canada Post now charges $9.95 to process customs on a package...DHL is still cheapest ($7.95)

I am changing to DHL Express for May...
    Also, my [sub] snakeface came today! Super Quick!
    Last edited by Bushmonster31; April 23, 2013 at 09:02am.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    While the DHL method will be quicker and cheaper I'm a bit reluctant to changeover just for the month - I'm scared it will likely cause more problems in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    While the DHL method will be quicker and cheaper I'm a bit reluctant to changeover just for the month - I'm scared it will likely cause more problems in the long run.
    Yeah, that was my sentiment exactly. Knowing how often DR screw up it might be worth just taking the hit...

Snake Face turned up today.

Was really surprised to get Snake Face today. Thought it would be into next week for him. Fantastic figure. One of the best in the line I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    I won't be risking it. If it was a single change, maybe, but I very much doubt DR would be able to make two shipping changes to my sub without messing it up.
    Last edited by byinfernoslight; April 25, 2013 at 04:40am.

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Snake Face arrived today customs free. He looks great but I am going to save him and open him in a few weeks as a treat after a busy period at work.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    SnakeFace arrived today, by slow post - only 15 days and no customs!

If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Got my Snakeface today too.

Court Magician
    My Snake Face arrived with customs of £11.30,first time I've ever been charged for a single $25 figure, oh well, looking forward to him arriving.

Snakeface arrived here - no customs. Very quick delivery this month

Another customs charge for me.

Quote Originally Posted by blazingcomet2003 View Post
    My Snake Face arrived with customs of £11.30,first time I've ever been charged for a single $25 figure, oh well, looking forward to him arriving.
    Same here! Dang!
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Got my snake face yesterday from my eBay friend. Pretty impressive!
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

I find it strange that the Snake Faces with customs charges are arriving at the same time as those without. Usually there's a couple of weeks difference between the two.

Please help me decide if I should switch from International Post to DHL!

Right! Snake-Face arrived this morning.
    Great figure, but cost me an extra £11.30 in customs fees.
    This got me thinking, if I'm paying duty on everything would it just be cheaper (or at least no more expensive) to use DHL?

So I've been tinkering with the Matty site and looking at their postage rates.
    They break down as follows:

1 Figure: $13.75 (Int Post) or $28.95 (DHL)
    2 Figures: $27.00 (Int Post) or $33.55 (DHL)
    3 Figures: $30.15 (Int Post) or $38.15 (DHL)
    4 Figures: $38.25 (Int Post) or $42.70 (DHL)
    5 Figures: $46.60 (Int Post) or $47.25 (DHL)
    6 Figures: $60.25 (Int Post) or $54.35 (DHL)

- Beasts and Two-packs count as two figures for postage rates.
    - Vehicles like the windraider and Three-packs count as three figures for postage rates.

I have one sub to Club Eternia and one sub to Club Filmation.
    Looking at the rest of the year that we know about, we have multiple figures released and almost all months:

May
    Karrati (1 fig) Fighting Foe Men (3 figs): Postage = $38.25 (Int Post) or $42.70 (DHL)

June
    Octavia (1 fig): Postage = $13.75 (Int Post) or $28.95 (DHL)

July
    Clamp Champ (1 fig), Galactic Protector He-Man: $27.00 (Int Post) or $33.55 (DHL)
    Batros (1 fig): $13.75 (Int Post) or $28.95 (DHL)
    In the first month of the Club Filmation subscription the figures ship separately

August
    Castaspella (1 fig), Icer (1 fig): $27.00 (Int Post) or $33.55 (DHL)

September
    Shokoti (1 fig): $13.75 (Int Post) or $28.95 (DHL)

October
    Mantenna (1 fig), unnamed Club Eternia figure (1 fig), unnamed Club Filmation figure: $30.15 (Int Post) or $38.15 (DHL)

Just looking at the amount of money DHL appears more expensive. In terms of shipping, I'd be paying $163.65 in international shipping, and $234.80 through DHL. So DHL would cost me $71.15 more in postage. But that's not the whole story, as I need to take into account import duty. The 20% VAT charge is the same regardless of shipping, so I'm wondering about the handling fee.

Between May-October I'll be getting seven parcels from Matty. Assuming the cheaper £8 handling fee for each one that comes to £56 (about $87 at today's exhange rate). DHL charge a lower handling fee of £5 according to their website. That's £35 (or $54). Which leads me to the following....

CONCLUSION

Ignoring the cost of the toys and the VAT (which are the same for both shipping methods) the cost of getting parcels from Mattycollector (for me) between May and October 2013 is:

International Post: $163.65 (shipping) + $87 (handling fee) = $250.65

DHL: $234.80 (shipping) + $54 (handling fee) = $288.80

So the DHL method is $38.15 (£24.63) more expensive than International Post over the next six months.

Now £4 per month extra doesn't sound a lot to me, and I would have the benefit of tracked parcels and faster delivery times.... My question, for those of you who have had the patience to read this far is: have I missed anything? Any other factors I haven't taken into account?

I'd appreciate any advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Right! Snake-Face arrived this morning.
    Great figure, but cost me an extra £11.30 in customs fees.
    This got me thinking, if I'm paying duty on everything would it just be cheaper (or at least no more expensive) to use DHL?

So I've been tinkering with the Matty site and looking at their postage rates.
    They break down as follows:

1 Figure: $13.75 (Int Post) or $28.95 (DHL)
    2 Figures: $27.00 (Int Post) or $33.55 (DHL)
    3 Figures: $30.15 (Int Post) or $38.15 (DHL)
    4 Figures: $38.25 (Int Post) or $42.70 (DHL)
    5 Figures: $46.60 (Int Post) or $47.25 (DHL)
    6 Figures: $60.25 (Int Post) or $54.35 (DHL)

- Beasts and Two-packs count as two figures for postage rates.
    - Vehicles like the windraider and Three-packs count as three figures for postage rates.

I have one sub to Club Eternia and one sub to Club Filmation.
    Looking at the rest of the year that we know about, we have multiple figures released and almost all months:

May
    Karrati (1 fig) Fighting Foe Men (3 figs): Postage = $38.25 (Int Post) or $42.70 (DHL)

June
    Octavia (1 fig): Postage = $13.75 (Int Post) or $28.95 (DHL)

July
    Clamp Champ (1 fig), Galactic Protector He-Man: $27.00 (Int Post) or $33.55 (DHL)
    Batros (1 fig): $13.75 (Int Post) or $28.95 (DHL)
    In the first month of the Club Filmation subscription the figures ship separately

August
    Castaspella (1 fig), Icer (1 fig): $27.00 (Int Post) or $33.55 (DHL)

September
    Shokoti (1 fig): $13.75 (Int Post) or $28.95 (DHL)

October
    Mantenna (1 fig), unnamed Club Eternia figure (1 fig), unnamed Club Filmation figure: $30.15 (Int Post) or $38.15 (DHL)

Just looking at the amount of money DHL appears more expensive. In terms of shipping, I'd be paying $163.65 in international shipping, and $234.80 through DHL. So DHL would cost me $71.15 more in postage. But that's not the whole story, as I need to take into account import duty. The 20% VAT charge is the same regardless of shipping, so I'm wondering about the handling fee.

Between May-October I'll be getting seven parcels from Matty. Assuming the cheaper £8 handling fee for each one that comes to £56 (about $87 at today's exhange rate). DHL charge a lower handling fee of £5 according to their website. That's £35 (or $54). Which leads me to the following....

CONCLUSION

Ignoring the cost of the toys and the VAT (which are the same for both shipping methods) the cost of getting parcels from Mattycollector (for me) between May and October 2013 is:

International Post: $163.65 (shipping) + $87 (handling fee) = $250.65

DHL: $234.80 (shipping) + $54 (handling fee) = $288.80

So the DHL method is $38.15 (£24.63) more expensive than International Post over the next six months.

Now £4 per month extra doesn't sound a lot to me, and I would have the benefit of tracked parcels and faster delivery times.... My question, for those of you who have had the patience to read this far is: have I missed anything? Any other factors I haven't taken into account?

I'd appreciate any advice!
    I don't think you've missed anything. I was considering switching to DHL too, and after seeing your breakdown, I think I will. Thanks, it was muchos helpful :-)

- - - Updated - - -

How many days does it usually take to reach us if we use the DHL method?

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked the Matty page, and in order for us to change the shipping method, we have to call Matty, I'm counting the number of ways that can go wrong. They'll probably end up cancelling my sub or something. I think I'll just keep t as International post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I don't think you've missed anything. I was considering switching to DHL too, and after seeing your breakdown, I think I will. Thanks, it was muchos helpful :-)
    You're welcome!

Just checked the Matty page, and in order for us to change the shipping method, we have to call Matty, I'm counting the number of ways that can go wrong. They'll probably end up cancelling my sub or something. I think I'll just keep t as International post.
    I was going to try with an email to begin with. I don't really fancy phoning them.