Page 10 of 233 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Got a customs thing through the door today, paid it online....I'll phone up the local depot tomorrow morning, see if I can rush a delivery through.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    No sign of my two yet; normally here by the next figure's release, so I'm starting to get a bit panicky.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatyrant View Post
    Got a customs thing through the door today, paid it online....I'll phone up the local depot tomorrow morning, see if I can rush a delivery through.
    Let me know how that online payment goes, will you?

I paid my first one (a few months ago) in the same way. Nothing happened and 3 days later the item hadn't been redelivered. When I went down to the depot to pick it up, they said that they had no confirmation that it had been paid; that they couldn't give it to me without such confirmation and that I'd have to phone the next day and talk to someone about it. Instead, I went back in person the next day... only to be told it was on the pile going out for delivery!

I did get it at that point, but what a hassle - purely because I paid the charge online. Never again.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

Quote Originally Posted by SirBushnell View Post
    Let me know how that online payment goes, will you?

I paid my first one (a few months ago) in the same way. Nothing happened and 3 days later the item hadn't been redelivered. When I went down to the depot to pick it up, they said that they had no confirmation that it had been paid; that they couldn't give it to me without such confirmation and that I'd have to phone the next day and talk to someone about it. Instead, I went back in person the next day... only to be told it was on the pile going out for delivery!

I did get it at that point, but what a hassle - purely because I paid the charge online. Never again.
    I got customs on my two Stratos's a couple of months ago (see earlier in this thread for the saga), and also ended up having to pay customs on something I'd bought elsewhere the other day.

On-line customs payments went through fine both times for me; I had absolutely no problems.
    ...Well, other than the card looked like it had been filled out by a drunken spider, and I couldn't read half of the numbers. (Especially deciphering 4s from lazy 9s).
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Still no Hordak.

No Hordak!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Looks like alot of us are all in the same boat (and so are our Hordaks - unless they were Airmail! )

I hope a whole shipment hasn't gone missing... what are the chances?
    ~jay firestorm~

My Hordak from Matty still ain't here!

I think I'm gonna go the friend route from now on.
    Same price but a mere 7 days wait!!

Well all get them the same time now I reckon unless some of you are out in the stix somewhere?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Any idea why its taking so long this time? How on earth can it take so long! Its annoying that we have paid the same price as before for a slower service.

No Hordak for me either

Hoping it'll be either tomorrow or Saturday ...

Heroic Warrior
    Someone said their Hordak was dispatched on the 29th June and his is probably on its with with the British and European purchases. They do say allow 28 days for delivery but it's 24 days now.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I paid my customs fee online on Wednesday night so I'm hoping to get Hordak today with a bit of luck. Have a shelf ready for them and will clear it once he arrives.

Normally I get mine later than you guys in England, don't what's so different now.

Still no Hordak for me yet either - I ordered him while I was in the U.S.A. on the 15th of last month ... but this is probably the longest I've had to wait for a MOTUC figure yet ...

Maybe due to increased production figures/super-high demand etc. he is taking a while ... ? ...

Anyway - at least it's not just me!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Still nothing for me. Oddly enough - I got a delivery confirmation on the 18th and so it's a bit odd that they haven't arrived. Somewhat comforting that I'm in the same boat as you guys and so it's probably nothing to worry about yet! (i.e. probably not lost or anything)

I've got a shipment date of the 18th too. I think this is the longest I've had to wait for a figure (other than the time I got stung by customs).

Oh well, if - heaven forbid - something has gone wrong, at least we're all in this together and might be able to make our voice heard.

One thing that always worries me about ordering from Matty is that, if you're overseas and have a problem, they really don't seem to want to know. At least if we're all in the same boat we might be able to kick up a fuss if something has gone wrong.
    ~jay firestorm~

My Zodac took about 40 days to arrive. I'm not at all surprised Hordak isn't here yet. Though every figure before Zodac took about 16 days.

No freakin' Hordak.

This has ceased to be funny.

Heroic Warrior
    Got my order of 3 in this morning so that's great. Having had a look at them the paint varies, I'm hoping the silver bones all over his armor are supposed to have black shining through? Almost like a brushed effect. One of the ears on one of them has been very poorly painted, the black stops a good bit under the top of the ear. Apart from that they all look pretty good, but yet again they are squeezed like hell into one box with very little room to breathe. Very disappointing considering the cost.

Scotland getting Hordak first?? Something has gotta be amiss!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    No Hordak and If I was going by Zodac's delivery time (which was the longest I've waited for a figure) He should have been here today.

Maybe it's something to do with the increase in production and more orders etc.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Scotland getting Hordak first?? Something has gotta be amiss!!
    I know! Watch this, Man-At-Arms will take about 8 weeks

Something really weird is going on here.

If I was the only person without Hordak, I would be more worried about it being lost. But this is now around a week overdue (based on previous shipments), and none of us in England have got our figures from Mattel yet. Single figures are below the customs threshold, so there's no reason at all for it to have been 22 days since my shipping confirmation but no figure in my house!

So either:
    (a) they weren't actually sent out when we were told they were sent (something I've suspected in the past, despite DR's claims to the contrary), or
    (b) all packages have been seriously held up somewhere along the line, or
    (c) they were snatched by customs - maybe DR started using them for smuggling drugs!
    Last edited by SirBushnell; July 10, 2009 at 08:37pm.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

Great set of options.....now I'm actually getting worried.

It had better be here tomorrow or I'm gonna write my Congressman......wait, that only works over in Matty land....so what the heck do we do?

I really hate waiting patiently.

My honest opinion is that it's option 1.

Digital River have shown in the past that they are extremely incompetent at distribution of these figures. They can't charge us for the item until it's "shipped", but they obviously want their money as soon as possible. So if they send out shipping confirmations when they don't actually have the product ready to send out... BINGO! Problem solved.

They can take our money through the pretense that it was sent out - knowing that when we complain they can just tell us all that "it can take 4 weeks to arrive" and other similar nonsense. Because nothing really does take 4 weeks to arrive in the mail, they have at least 2 weeks to get the item shipped and still meet their quoted deadline.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

It's coming...

It has been 17 working days since I had my shipping confirmation. Based on past figures it takes anything between 17-19 working days for me to receive them. This includes the time taken for the PO to send me the customs charge letter which is usually dated back 2 days. I would anticipate to receive this letter either today or the comingMonday. If I don't then i'll start freaking out a bit.