Page 102 of 227 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 5674

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Urosinho View Post
    ill tell you how it works, it works like: Eeny, meeny, miny, moe
    Good answer

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    I saw about 4 of them in there (She-Ra & King Randor were 2 of them) for about £39.99 (this was a good 6 months ago though).
    Thanks! I'll be hitting Forbidden Planet for some Doctor Who figures anyway. Those prices are ridiculous, but that's what vacations and birthdays are all about.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    Anyone here did not have to pay the tax?
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I didn't, but only because the package got delivered to me by accident. There was still a sticker on the box stating the £18 customs fee.

I don't think any of the guards managed to slip through completely. Doesn't bode well for $70 value package that is currently on its way to me.
    I posted a few days ago that my guards arrived with no customs charges whatsoever so it's a matter of luck I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    I saw about 4 of them in there (She-Ra & King Randor were 2 of them) for about £39.99 (this was a good 6 months ago though).
    that price is ridiculous ... makes me realise that we do actually get a good deal money-wise ordering from matty ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

BAH!
    £17 ransom note through the door for my figure stands. They would have been packed in my white mailer bag with my other items and avoided customs if i'd been able to order correctly on the original sale day. Not happy.

yeah! Things are starting to get silly now for us foreign fans.

I think something needs to be said on this weeks podcast!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I agree, the charges are getting stupid. This will be the last year I can afford the sub, particularly if they decide to include the vehicles in it. I think the issue is that the foreign fans are not the primary concern. If Mattel can cover the baseline for the line to run with the american fans alone, issues like how much foreign fans are gonna get stung on the customs charges will not be that important to them.

It's totally gutting because Mattel will essentially be forcing many forgin fans out of the scription. I want to support the brand directly, not support a secondary seller to support MOTU. I want to give my money to Mattel, not so much to the queen or resellers. I hope next year they will announce a tiered sub plan, where you can just get the figures and the variants or a figues and or a seporate beast plan. The vehicals will be passes for many international fans due to the charges in customs fees they will encure.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I agree, the charges are getting stupid. This will be the last year I can afford the sub.
    i can afford it, but i'm starting to realise that there is a lot of stuff included in the sub that i don't actually want - so i sell it on ... i think next years exclusive will depend on whether i buy the sub or not ... if it's just another he-man variant, i can probably pass on it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    hope next year they will announce a tiered sub plan, where you can just get the figures and the variants or a figues and or a seporate beast plan. The vehicals will be passes for many international fans due to the charges in customs fees they will encure.
    a tiered sub plan would be awesome, and allow fans to customise their subs/collections ... i think mattels service is great and i've never really had any problems (apart from my broken goddess) - but i wish they could be more flexible ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    yeah! Things are starting to get silly now for us foreign fans.

I think something needs to be said on this weeks podcast!
    Please do. I need a Power Cosmic fueled Eamon rant to make me feel a bit better.

I won't be getting a sub next year if something isn't changed to prevent custom charges. I can't afford and don't want to spend an extra $20 every month or two on these toys. It's to much just for a couple of toys. As much as I love MOTUC, paying this much is just silly for toys.

I started a thread on the matty forums about the custom charges if anyone wants to chime in on there to show matty their are alot of us who need something changed.
    Last edited by Rodster6; February 19, 2011 at 05:40am.

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Got my guards yesterday. Pretty cool. Glad there are visors to hide Toyguru's face though. He looks far to wimpy for the Masters. Looking forward to the Shadow Beasts!!!
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Trust me, I hate paying customs charges as much as the next man but this isn't really Mattel's fault or even something they can do anything about - we pay VAT on pretty much everything we buy and it is dictated by the Government not a Toy company in another country.....

It is going to be an expensive year - we've just got to hope some get the white mailer bag and slip through the net.

I take your point but it is Mattel's fault when they mark up boxes for a higher value than the contents.
    It's Mattel's fault we could not get the stands and thus now had to pay for costumes on top of the previous charge for the guards.

And given how many figures sell in Europe, a distributor should be set up. Mattel does have offices in Germany.

While I agree that they cannot do everything, there are some things they can do to take some of the pressure off.
    www.eamonart.com

I take your point but it is Mattel's fault when they mark up boxes for a higher value than the contents.
    It's Mattel's fault we could not get the stands and thus now had to pay for costumes on top of the previous charge for the guards.

And given how many figures sell in Europe, a distributor should be set up. Mattel does have offices in Germany.

While I agree that they cannot do everything, there are some things they can do to take some of the pressure off.
    Fair point on the incorrect mark-ups - this has never happended to me but I would be P O'd if it did.

I dont necessarily think a European distributor would solve the VAT issue - it would make delivery/queries etc easier but I think products would still attract a charge.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    Fair point on the incorrect mark-ups - this has never happended to me but I would be P O'd if it did.

I dont necessarily think a European distributor would solve the VAT issue - it would make delivery/queries etc easier but I think products would still attract a charge.
    If these figures were shipped from Mattel Germany we would not get any charges as it's within the EU.
    www.eamonart.com

I've had the incorrect markups happen to me 4 times since Mattycollector opened for business. The first 3 were on 12" Ghostbusters figures.
    I complained to Matty at the time but got nothing but canned text in responses no matter what I said. In the end I gave up out of frustration, but i'm still very bitter about it.

The current Grayskull stand issues is unforgiveable. The refunded shipping was a nice gesture, but i've still had to pay an extra £17 I shouldn't have.

If these figures were shipped from Mattel Germany we would not get any charges as it's within the EU.
    I stand corrected - I do think we would be subject to a price adjustment however as we would be buying in Euros rather than dollars and conversions are not always in the favour of the customers.

Also I would rather take foreign exchange risk against the dollar than the Euro at the moment!

I would favour a European distribution mostly for the quicker shipping it would hopefully bring - i'd love to have figs within 7 days.
    Last edited by ADPriceless; February 20, 2011 at 04:21pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    I stand corrected - I do think we would be subject to a price adjustment however as we would be buying in Euros rather than dollars and conversions are not always in the favour of the customers.
    This would be minor compared to Royal Mail's handling charge.

Evil Master of D&B
    Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    This would be minor compared to Royal Mail's handling charge.
    Agreed. It's the handling charges that kill us every time!

Court Magician
    I’ve had the display stands, which were sent separately, but at the same time as the Palace Guards that I ordered (due to the Matty error) for about 2 weeks, but still no sign of the Guards.

I’m getting slightly worried. Even if it were due to Customs, the delay seems to be much longer than usual.

That's too long, I had customs to pay as well and I got my guards on the 7th so I would recommend poping into your post office and checking if they're not laying around there - few times my postman forgot to leave the card and should I not go and check the parcel would get returned to the sender! Remember with customs they keep the parcels less then the usual 2 weeks so better hurry!
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Man I am chomping on the bit to get my hands on Bow and the Etheria map. Hopefully not to much longer now. Waiting for the POP figures always kills me.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Guys - I wonder if anyone could give me some advice.

I have been trying to sell my house for nearly and year with no luck and all of a sudden this weekend we've part exchanged and due to move in 8 weeks.

As such - my main concern is my Club Eternia sub!!

Has anyone in the UK had any success in changing addresses on their account and if so any tips on the best way to get it sorted?

I'm planning on changing the address to my parents so there will be no worry about delays etc - I just wanted to get it sorted before King Hsss/Panthor/BA Skeletor so I thought get it done as early as possible.

All help greatly appreciated.

I've never done it, but if you go to Order History from the store page (bottom left) on the site and log on there is an option to change your default address.

If you then go to Order History itself you can update the address info specifically for the sub (I think).

This was pretty much the same as I did for my updated card details and it worked.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    I've never done it, but if you go to Order History from the store page (bottom left) on the site and log on there is an option to change your default address.

If you then go to Order History itself you can update the address info specifically for the sub (I think).

This was pretty much the same as I did for my updated card details and it worked.

Good luck.
    That's great - many thanks - I'll give it a try, I managed to update a credit card and had no problems so fingers crossed!

I'd heard horror stories about changing addresses and have to actually phone them but probably a handful of incidents.