Page 108 of 227 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 5674

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

I got a note for a custom charge today. £12.98p. I didn't even want BA Skeletor and King Hiss has been assembled wrong. For having a sub I am paying an extra £12.98 to get the figure later than people who ordered on the sale date for a figure which is faulty anyway.
    Last edited by Rodster6; April 4, 2011 at 11:15am.

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Thats good news that the figures are starting to turn up.
    Shame about the customs fees, seems to be $40 is is the cut off point for Royal Mail to start enforcing the payment. Items marked $30 seem to sneak thru.
    Despite the shoulders I am really looking forward to Hsss.
    I hope everyones figures turn up safe and sound.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodland Warrior View Post
    Shame about the customs fees, seems to be $40 is is the cut off point for Royal Mail to start enforcing the payment. Items marked $30 seem to sneak thru.
    Well last months sub sneaked through for most (all?) of us and that had the two figures AND the shadow beast. It makes no sense.. But it's just cool when we do get away with it. I think its really going to hurt people ordering the sub from outside the usa if this keeps on happening though.
    I agree, mattel should offer an option A and B for the sub, but it seems like they'd rather not. They won't lose sales, these things always sell out, but heaven forbid they should make things more complicated for digital river to help out loyal customers

it's made me consider if its worth getting a sub in 2012.. But I think I'll *have* to because of worrying about missing the sub exclusive. even though in the long run it would probably be cheaper buying that off ebay with the money saved on not having had to pay customs charges..
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland Warrior View Post
    Thats good news that the figures are starting to turn up.
    Despite the shoulders I am really looking forward to Hsss.
    I hope everyones figures turn up safe and sound.
    Depending on the exact exchange rate the time of going through customs, it might be possible for $30 to sneak under the £18 limit.

Heroic Warrior
    For the first time since I got He-Man and Beast-Man I got the ransom note from Royal Mail. I can't justify paying £40 a month. I'll be calling the credit card company

As Havoc said, I now realise it would actually be cheaper buying the sub exclusive off ebay. We already pay $20 for it anyway then on top of that all the custom charges we get because of having a sub probably ends up more expensive than the exclusives go for on ebay! The only sub exclusives I have liked or wanted so far have been the Eternia map and Cosmic Key anyway. I'm deff skipping the sub next year.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm doing doing the subscription thing next year. It's too expensive in one go. Plus I've lost my job (bad news) and started dating (good news).

P.S. Is it me or does the paint deco on BA Skelly make him look like a clown?

P.P.S. I have to say the this 3rd rendition of King Hiss is by far the best version ever made. The previous incarnations were naff, but this one is brilliant (except for the shoulders - but he is a snake man so he can't be expected to get everything right.)

Ohhhh so you're choosing a woman over MOTU!

Some good points in there. Reading it back I wasn't too clear.
    Let me just clarify what I meant.

I know that the official cut off point for customs is aprrox £18. However, single items with a value of $30 or less seem to, on the whole, sneak thru. For example 1 standard figure (Vikor) or 1 beast (Gygor). Also large orders seem to sneak thru as well, especially if they are in one of the white sacks (Feb sub).

We seem to get caught for single items valued at $40 and above (Tytus) and now on double figures (BA Skellie and Hss).

I still love MOTUC but I agree with a lot of you guys when you say that it's getting expensive and I may have to reconsider the sub for next year.

This will at least get me back in the good books with my wife!
    Neutral Forest Spirit

I've been hit by customs for every $30 figure I've bought. It's only when there's been a large amount (like last month) when I've managed to get away without paying fees on anything that wasn't a single figure.

Last year I did try to work out how much the sub was going to cost, but Mattel didn't make things easy by not saying exactly when things were going to ship. In the end I went for both the Ghostbusters & MOTUC subs in the hope that the Ghostbusters releases would line up with the MOTUC figures and thus result in more months of White Sack.

Now I realise I should have passed on both.

Since the figures are now taking a more reasonable length of time to sell out and I keep having to go to the site anyway each month to buy extras such as the weapons rack, royal guards, etc, I doubt I'm going to sign up for a 2012 sub.

Has anyone noticed how tall King Hiss is? I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere before but standing he and Hordak face to face you can really see a height difference. Hordaks eyes come up to KHs chin.

Just got my customs note from the post office went down there to pay and they dont even have the package!!! the arse behind the counter couldnt care less.....felt like knocking his lights out.....next year "NO SUB" no ****ing way!"!

can't find the "european" thread for this matter so I will post here:

My two figures from the March 15th sale arrived today in Cyprus.

I got a customs card this morning for my combined MOTU/GB subscription - £15.48

I'll pick them up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    Just got my customs note from the post office went down there to pay and they dont even have the package!!! the arse behind the counter couldnt care less.....felt like knocking his lights out.....next year "NO SUB" no ****ing way!"!
    Thanks Shiva, for making me laugh on my first day back at work after a holiday.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Also had customs notes to day for £12.98
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Just paid my £12.98 ransom, bring on Bad Ass Skellie and Mr HSSSSSS!
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast View Post
    Is it me or does the paint deco on BA Skelly make him look like a clown?
    I feel the same way, it looks like he's wearing skull facepaint. I swapped his head with one from a spare 1st release Skeletor. I really hope they ditch that sloppy deco before they do the next variant.

I have to say the this 3rd rendition of King Hiss is by far the best version ever made. The previous incarnations were naff, but this one is brilliant (except for the shoulders - but he is a snake man so he can't be expected to get everything right.)
    Despite the minor flaws he really is a great figure. I'm happy with him.

After changing my sub shipping address at the start of the month I was starting to panic about a Digital River screw up ............. however I received my customs note for £12.98 yesterday so the process seems to have worked after all.

I've now managed to change a credit card and a delivery address without any problems -thanks Matty!

Just got to go and pay the ransom now.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I feel the same way, it looks like he's wearing skull facepaint. I swapped his head with one from a spare 1st release Skeletor. I really hope they ditch that sloppy deco before they do the next variant.

Despite the minor flaws he really is a great figure. I'm happy with him.
    I did a black wash paint job on his face with acrylic paint and added a bit of green - now he looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast View Post
    I did a black wash paint job on his face with acrylic paint and added a bit of green - now he looks great!
    do you have pictures?

I wonder if Sy-Klone and Panthor will be boxed together the way Bow and ShadowBeast were as hopefully this will dodge another custom charge.

Even if having the figures shipped separately costs about the same as having them together and getting a custom charge, I'd rather pay for the extra shipping as at least I feel I am actually paying for something I want rather than giving the govornment and royal mail my money for nothing.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I got my figures today after paying that awful fee

Anyway, King Hsss - rocks! I don't care much about the backwards sholders - yes, they shouldn't happen - but it has and its really not that noticable (to me at least) I love the human form - the snake form - I'm torn on - it could have been MUCH better - it reminds me of a McDonald's happy meal toy!

BA Skeletor - is really good - but the face is nicely painted - but is too toy like - it should have been more "natural" like the first Skeletor's face. I love the armor though and the purple battle axe.

I got my figures and the customs charge today....But I am loving Hiss. I would have never even known that his shoulders were wrong. I prefer his human form to his snake form.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Got my figs yesterday.
    King Hss is incredible. Just love him.
    My torso doesn't fall off and he isn't bobble headed. I take back my negative comments about the snake form as, in hand, it is superb. Very realisitic.
    My only disssssapointment is that I didn't order a 2nd to diplay both bodies!
    Neutral Forest Spirit