Page 111 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 5627

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatyrant View Post
    My secondary order came in the massive box with the customs defying sack. No sign of my sub order though, have a bad feeling customs are holding that one to ransom as we speak.
    Same here, my weapons rack and stands arrived on Wednesday, but no sign of my sub, which most likely means a ransom note any day now. Still, the first time I've had to pay it on a sub package this year, and definately wont have to pay it next month
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Victory! My 2 subs arrived yesterday in the white mailer bag of awesomeness. It truly is the most powerful bag in the universe because it meant no ransom!

Panthor is amazing! Having him and Battlecat to square off is just awesome. I'm also pleasantly surprised with Sy-klone, who I thought was duff, but actually turns out to be a lot of fun.

My Moss-man, 2 weapons racks and 2 Grayskull bases also arrived (across 3 different parcels) with no customs.

Today was a good day.
    Last edited by Minion; May 6, 2011 at 06:22pm.

Great news!! There's still a chance for the rest of us! :-D

Enjoy your Panthor ;-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Good to see at least some of us are getting away with it.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

well, i'm starting a new job on the 16th so i've got a week off next week ... would be a nice time to get some MOTUC! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Got a customs ransom yesterday for £14.09
    Will pick it up tomorrow in my dinner hour.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Weird that ransom notes and ransom-free sub deliveries are arriving at the same time. Guess all the bank holidays have messed everything up.

Evil and sees Everything. Someone Else's Avatar
    Somewhere between Science and Superstition.

Ok, this is geting silly now. 12.98 + 14.09 = almost the cost of another 2 figures before shipping. the subscription was supposed to be a BENIFIT not a hinderance. No way im subscribing in 2012 because it just results in paying over the odds for figures AND having to wait longer for them to arrive. its cheaper to just log on on the 15th. What a rediculous turn of events.
    Someone Elses Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RhythmShift

I got a £14.09 one aswell this mornin.

I did spend 20min son the phone to HMS this mornin too. There are some key points that they have no logical reasoning behind it.

It's not a fair policy at all so I am putting together a letter about this as there are key points that do not stand up to further scrutiny.

I am coming at it from a "I am a self employed artist and these fees are not fairly regulated and are over all are unfair."

Probably won't make a different but worth a go as this is getting flippen stupid now!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Put it here when you're done, we can all download it and sign and send it to them - maybe this will make some difference??
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

No sign of anything here yet, sub or sale date stuff. Dreading yet another custom charge. Will take my chances with sale dates next year rather than line royal mails pockets for nothing in return.

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone Else View Post
    What a rediculous turn of events.
    But we saw it coming once they started packing the two items together.. Thats why everyone was ordering one at a time (when it was worth risking that) on the website.

It is pretty upsetting. I still don't have my ransom note and its a real inconvenience to me to have to go collect it aswell. I'll almost be glad when this line is done at this rate
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Evil and sees Everything. Someone Else's Avatar
    Somewhere between Science and Superstition.
    I think alot of international fans are feeling this way. But it's frustrating because we are obviously commited to the line and want to recive the sub figures and maps. but with the stupid system in place, we are literally paying through the nose for these things. there should be some way for fans to keep collecting and not be short changed for not being able to afford subs which entail extortionate extra charges from postal services. Mattel is asking too much from fans in this respect i feel. I hope it changes, because i want the next map and sub exclusive figure, but i am not buying another sub with the current system that is in place.
    Someone Elses Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RhythmShift

Lycan
    I don't see why they can't offer an option A and an option B.
    An all inclusive sub, or the main 12 figures only. I'd probably STILL be tempted to go for the all in sub anyway.. but they'd definitely catch a lot of people who otherwise are going to chuck the subs in because of this.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

They should just start sending every UK sub order for more than one item in a sack. It seems that nobody has ever been charged customs when it comes in one of those, no matter how big or expensive the order is.

Getting the sub means we pay less in postage, but more in customs charges. So I guess the question is whether the extra we pay in customs charges is greater than or less than the cost of the extra postage + the cost of getting the sub figure and map from the secondary market.

Given that any figure costing $30 or more is likely to generate a customs charge even if shipped on its own, I think the sub is still (on balance) the cheaper option.

Of course, I may have to revise this opinion come December.

Personally, I still haven't received a parcel or a ransom note for my Panthor and Sy-Klone figures. However, I did (finally) get Wave 2 of the TRU 2-packs this morning. I quite like the blue Mer-Man, but the repaint of Stratos is excellent. I didn't have the reversed colour-scheme in my youth, I think I prefer it - and being able to rotate the wings at the wrist is almost worth the price of the figure.

Who exactly is responsible for putting things in the white sack? Is it DR or a delivery company somewhere along the way?

I just remembered something I read recently about Amazon.com deliveries. If you choose the more expensive shipping option (can't remember what it's called) then Amazon adds a VAT charge to your order, meaning that when it arrives in the UK customs don't need to touch it and therefore Royal Mail don't get to slap their handling charge on. A lot of the time Amazon.com then refund the VAT they charged afterwards.

I suppose it'd be too much to ask for Mattel/DR to do something similar.
    Last edited by byinfernoslight; May 9, 2011 at 05:21pm.

Even if not having a sub would work out more expensive in postage costs, it may seem silly but I'd rather pay a little more but the money actually be for something (postage costs) rather than customs just taking my money for no reason other than wanting my money and basically holding my post to ransom.
    However I am not a completist and did not want BA Skeletor or any other varients like that so in those months I would have saved money not having the sub. I wouldn't mind getting the odd figure I don't want as I can just sell them but with the extra cost of customs caused by these extra figures I don't want, I'd have to sell the figure at quite a high price to make back the money spent on it. Not many people want to buy BA Skeletor for £33.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I got a £14.09 one aswell this mornin.

I did spend 20min son the phone to HMS this mornin too. There are some key points that they have no logical reasoning behind it.

It's not a fair policy at all so I am putting together a letter about this as there are key points that do not stand up to further scrutiny.

I am coming at it from a "I am a self employed artist and these fees are not fairly regulated and are over all are unfair."

Probably won't make a different but worth a go as this is getting flippen stupid now!
    Go on mate! I'd be interested in seeing the letter as well and if it turns into a petition of some kind I'd more more then happy to sign it.

Or maybe can organise a mail campaign where agree on key points to include, then write our own letters and all post them on the same day? I take it you have an address Eamon?

Like you say probably won't make a different but worth a go and what have we got to lose!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Go on mate! I'd be interested in seeing the letter as well and if it turns into a petition of some kind I'd more more then happy to sign it.

Or maybe can organise a mail campaign where agree on key points to include, then write our own letters and all post them on the same day? I take it you have an address Eamon?

Like you say probably won't make a different but worth a go and what have we got to lose!
    I suggest a bigger forum such as a facebook page …also other collectors of other lines such as transformers etc etc can also add to it! everyones getting stung its the flipping handeling charge which is a clear Clear rip-off from what I understand the contractor that’s employed by royalmail adds this surcharge its also the same pple who collect money from the congestion charge. years ago the royalmail only collected the extra tax there was no other fee!

still waiting for my ransom note (expected) for my subscription figures ... these waits are getting longer and longer! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

My subscription Sy-Klone & Panthor turned up yesterday, had to pay Royal Mail £14 for them.

Still waiting on the Weapons Rack.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; May 11, 2011 at 09:00am.

Very annoyed, I ordered a Sy-Klone and matty sent me Grayskull stands by mistake.
    In order to get a refund I have to send them back, and they will not reimburse me for shipping either way, meaning i will be at least £14 or so out of pocket, in which case I may as well keep/sell them. I have no need for them at all.
    Seems very unfair that I should have to pay for their mistake.
    Has this happened to anyone else? And does any want to buy any stands?!

Also, saw some MOTUC for sale in Orbital comics in London yesterday, first time i've ever seen them on sale in a physical store.
    They had Optikk, Roboto, Buzz-Off and Evil-Lyn for a staggering 39.99 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Very annoyed, I ordered a Sy-Klone and matty sent me Grayskull stands by mistake.
    In order to get a refund I have to send them back, and they will not reimburse me for shipping either way, meaning i will be at least £14 or so out of pocket, in which case I may as well keep/sell them. I have no need for them at all.
    Seems very unfair that I should have to pay for their mistake
    this is just ridiculous ... i'm rapidly losing faith in DR/mattels shipping arrangements ... its problem after problem ...

USE YOUR ILLUSION

The ransom note for Panthor and Sy-Klone finally arrived today, and as it's my day off I was able to pop down and get them. I'm very pleased with both these figures. The genius who decided to fix Panthor into his box with string instead of indestructible plastic-ties should be given an award.