Page 13 of 220 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Hello guys
    I know this is a UK thread,but it looks like the waiting time is big for all international fans no matter if in Europe, South America or Australia, so I always check this thread and when my figure is late a lot of ours is late too!
    Because of that, I would like to suggest to when we post, to put shipping date, that way we can have a better notion if a figure is taking to long to a lot of people or is just specific case or even if there is no parameter at all!!
    Well, guess it worth a try!
    I'm still waiting my Hordak,shipped on June 18th, since He-man and Beast man I do not have such wait!!

Nothing.

And we are about to get more postal strikes this week.

Well, I got another Hordak in the post. This one was a customs job and so had to pay £12 - £13 on it and would have taken a little longer to receive. Still waiting for a non-customs Hordak package though and - like others - am getting a little concerned with this one now

Heroic Warrior
    My Man-at-Arms box was shipped on the 17th, started in Ontario then went to Louisville and then Philadelphia...quite good to be able to follow the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats-the-Trash View Post
    Okay, when we going to set up a UK group? I'd do it myself, but I mainly lurk and there are others here who are more deserving of the glory. Show your interest and lets get this thing started!
    This is a good idea for things like bonus figures and exclusives. Have someone trustworthy run it, pay for the expensive shipping, and divide up all the costs to guarantee swift and cheaper arrival of our beloved figures.

The problem is, there's no need for it with the regular figures now that the subscription is about to kick in. And with the other figures most likely being in higher demand, there's nothing to stop that same person just buying the limit for themselves to sell/trade later.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

It's the "NO HORDAK" daily bump.

Heroic Warrior
    Woohoo, my Men-At-Arms arrived this afternoon!!

Still no ruthless leader of evil horde for me *sigh*

Wow Alphatyrant, did you order it on the normal cheap post too????

Heroic Warrior
    Nah, decided to try the UPS route for the hell of it, ordered on the 15th, shipped on the 17th, arrived on the 20th. Now that's some speedy delivery right there, well worth the extra in my humble opinion.

Top service that mate!! So how much extra does that work out at?

The figure plus normal post has been working out at between £18 - £19

Heroic Warrior
    I ordered a few (not a crazy amount) and it was about another 10-15, sounds a lot obviously, but when you're buying a few it balances out, plus the speed was astounding. Don't think I'll use it all the time, my sub orders for example will be standard but if I order extras I might go the UPS route.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatyrant View Post
    I ordered a few (not a crazy amount) and it was about another 10-15, sounds a lot obviously, but when you're buying a few it balances out, plus the speed was astounding. Don't think I'll use it all the time, my sub orders for example will be standard but if I order extras I might go the UPS route.

It's a good thing to know though. Mind I only ever order 1 so could be a pricey process for me.

What import duty did UPS want though? I've never known them not to charge extra. Sometimes they actually wait a couple of weeks before sending you a bill too.

No Hordak.

How long before I get to declare it lost?

It would have to be bloody Hordak that goes AWOL....if I had to suffer this why couldn't it have been Zodac?!!!!

I still haven't got my last Hordak. What are our options here? Obviously, the shipping was uninsured but just wondering if there's any options available to us?

I do question how these things can just get lost in the post though. All the figures that I've received until now have arrived on time and with no problems.

As the post-van came and went without stopping at my door again I actually went to my local sorting office on the way to work to ask just that question - I was told to file a "lost package claim" after 40 days and then......who knows?

Mattel will claim they did their bit in dispatching the product on the 18th and the PO will say they haven't got it/never had it so who else is there to bug...Mail on the Move (whoever they are)?

Anyhoo that feels like £18.93 wasted up the wall.

Good idea Dan - I've fired off an email with the shipping details I have - thanks.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne View Post
    What import duty did UPS want though? I've never known them not to charge extra. Sometimes they actually wait a couple of weeks before sending you a bill too.
    It was about 2 or 3 quid more than the PO, altogether it was just under £80 includng shipping for MAA's to the UK with the more expensive shipping option. I'll agree that £20 a figure is expensive, but I paid around £30 for a second Skeletor on EBay so tbh it wasn't too bad. When He-Ro appears I'll probably do the same, in a vain attempt to get every colour of staff

Quote Originally Posted by Motorthing View Post
    Good idea Dan - I've fired off an email with the shipping details I have - thanks.
    Yep me too! Good luck

Also, remember there is some kind of tracking number on your MattyCollector invoice via their website. I'm pretty sure it is one of their numbers because it also appears on the box label and so may allow them to cross-reference it back to their records.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatyrant View Post
    It was about 2 or 3 quid more than the PO, altogether it was just under £80 includng shipping for MAA's to the UK with the more expensive shipping option. I'll agree that £20 a figure is expensive, but I paid around £30 for a second Skeletor on EBay so tbh it wasn't too bad. When He-Ro appears I'll probably do the same, in a vain attempt to get every colour of staff
    Wow - how'd you get it for £20 a figure???

4 x $20 = $80 + about $45 shipping I'd guess (?) = $125. Exchange rate of around 1.6 makes that approximately £78.12. That doesn't even include VAT @ 15% and the usual £8 handling fee
    Last edited by dan768; July 22, 2009 at 01:33pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry, should have explained that better, it was £78 odds for the figures and shipping, the customs nonsense was a little over £20...so yeah looking at about £25 each. The bottom line for me was that it was worth the extra rather than to see them turn up 2 days before Tri-Klops and 2 weeks after He-Ro. Matty needs to sort out it's international shipping problems and bloody sharpish.

Still Nothing.

The 40 day claim is coming up, and no reply from MOM yet - which is hardly unexpected.

I've postponed getting a 2010 Sub until they can sort out the stupid postage/taxes snafu on Matty - that's if they can.

Heroic Warrior
    Motorthing, have you been ordering your figures individually to avoid customs charges? Seems like individual packages are disappearing, think I'll gladly pay customs if it means they don't end up in the bermuda triangle which is what, unfortunately, seems to have happened in your case.

Individual - only had time to get one in the cart before they all went anyway.

I've ordered every figure since He and Beastie and I suppose the law of postal-averages catches up with me at this point, but it really riles that Hordak (who is amoung my top 5 wants) is the one it happened to. The perils of a mail-order only line for sure.....

I'm giving this the Jim Lovall "that's our glitch for this mission" attitude and keeping faith with the Line - I already ordered the 09 Sub and went in for MAA but I'm hesitating over the 2010 sub - what if averages apply to a 13 figure haul too and any of those go missing?

Not good.

Still no Hordak - and post in London is on strike again.
    Last edited by Motorthing; July 25, 2009 at 08:47am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost