Page 147 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 5627

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Ok now you guys are scareing me! They better not be coming via Parcel Force, my nearist depo is in Rotherham, 30 odd miles away!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Mine is almost 40 miles away. Hopefully if enough people refuse them and parcelforce have to send them all back for matty to pay the fee, matty will learn not to use them again if it is mattys doing that parcelforce have gotten hold of our orders.
    I don't even want snake man-at-arms so there is no way i'm paying all this extra.
    Last edited by Rodster6; July 7, 2012 at 04:57am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my DOS figures today. Still waiting for the sub lot to come
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I got a ransom note from Parcel Force for £20.47p. I'll go to hell if I'm am paying that on top of the £10 it would cost me in petrol to go collect it so I will leave the package for them to send back to matty and matty can pay for it then refund my money or send a replacement via royal mail. I have never had a matty package come via parcel force before nor have I asked them to use parcel force this time. If this continues I will not get a sub next year and take my chances on ebay. No way I can afford this just for toys. Been stung enough this year having to pay for the Star Sisters and Photog.
    Just got a ransom note through my door as well, for my SMAA, Horde Prime and Griffin. ***? Parcel Force? Luckily my nearest depot is apparently where I'm based, just up the road here, but this surely is the first time Mattel have used Parcel Force? Everything I've received has been sent via Royal Mail. My charge is for £19.21, £8.00 of which is something called a clearance fee. Makes you sick, eh!

Interestingly, it says that the country of origin is Sweden. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't have to pay customs fees if a parcel is sent within the EU? Could be wrong.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Just got my non-sub Snake MAA. No sign of my subs yet though - expecting a ransom note any day now...

Still waiting here, not even a ransom note yet.

Miraculously I've avoided customs fees since about January. Hope they're not about to start fleecing me again.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!

Mine said it was from Sweden too on the note.

Got the first issue of the DC comic today. Not bad but seemed very short and didn't wow me at all as I would like a first issue to.

Mine is almost 40 miles away. Hopefully if enough people refuse them and parcelforce have to send them all back for matty to pay the fee, matty will learn not to use them again if it is mattys doing that parcelforce have gotten hold of our orders.
    I don't even want snake man-at-arms so there is no way i'm paying all this extra.
    Parcel Force always handle items that are a certain weight/size/value. It's nothing to do with Mattel. Royal Mail and Parcel Force are the same company with Parcel Force handling the bulkier items as a rule.

As for the distance of the depot, why not just have the package delivered? You can usually pay the fees online or by phone and then Parcel Force will deliver your parcel to you. It really isn't worth driving to the depot in my opinion as thats a waste of petrol.

But I understand your anger for sure. This is one of the major reasons I'll likely never subscribe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Ok now you guys are scareing me! They better not be coming via Parcel Force, my nearist depo is in Rotherham, 30 odd miles away!
    Parcel Force have a depot in Nottingham , but like I said if you pay the fee online/phone they will deliver your parcel to you
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I'd rather have the items sent back and get a refund than pay an extra £20+ for them, it's just getting to much now. I love these figures but not enough to pay any price. Didn't even want the snake MAA anyway. I'll try and get Horde Prime and the Griffin from ebay or something. Really been stung this year with this and the star sisters (which I still can't sell), Photog and the Thunderpunch he-man. Never been so many figures in a year I haven't wanted. I think next year will have to be my first without a sub.

Both my Horde Prime and DC comic arrived yesterday!

my Beast-Man arrived yesterday
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Parcel Force always handle items that are a certain weight/size/value. It's nothing to do with Mattel. Royal Mail and Parcel Force are the same company with Parcel Force handling the bulkier items as a rule.:
    I didn't even know Parcel Force still existed, thought they got absorbed into the Royal Mail name.
    All my figures have come by standard mail up until now, including a massive box containing two Panthors, a weapons rack and three figures! I don't want my parcels delivered by them ever again, as it means the only option is to pay online and wait for them to come back again when THEY decide, instead of me just showing up at my local sorting office with the cash and the little grey ransom note.

There must be something we can do to stop it, as it' s only a recent development.

I don't see why I should have to pay almost £20 more for my June items when Royal Mail haven't even delivered my May figures yet!
    Last edited by Tribal Spaceman; July 8, 2012 at 09:39pm.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Parcel Force always handle items that are a certain weight/size/value. It's nothing to do with Mattel. Royal Mail and Parcel Force are the same company with Parcel Force handling the bulkier items as a rule.
    Good to know its not a running change then and it just the size and/or value of the parcel.

As for the distance of the depot, why not just have the package delivered? You can usually pay the fees online or by phone and then Parcel Force will deliver your parcel to you. It really isn't worth driving to the depot in my opinion as thats a waste of petrol.

But I understand your anger for sure. This is one of the major reasons I'll likely never subscribe.

- - - Updated - - -

Parcel Force have a depot in Nottingham , but like I said if you pay the fee online/phone they will deliver your parcel to you

Last time I received a parcel from Parcel Force (which was a long time ago) it got taken to the depot in Rotherham, where I had to go to pick it up and pay the customs fee. I was working in Sheffield at the time so wasn't too far out my way, but now either depot, Rotherham or Nottingham, will be a 30odd mile trip for me. If I can pay the fee online have them redeliver the parcel to my work address that would be a lot better for me.

Wanted:

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Same here - Parcel Force ransom of £20

For anyone considering paying online and getting it redelivered - I did that once before, you have to ensure someone is in to accept delivery, they wont leave it with a neighbour, they just take it back to the depot and wont attempt an another delivery.

On the plus side, my comics arrived on Sat also.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

I've had deliveries by Parcel Force for a number of Matty deliveries in the past (Stay Puft last year was definitely one). I can't understand what all the complaining about them. It makes zero difference to the likelihood of being hit by customs fees or not. I had fees on a (non-Matty) PF delivery a couple of weeks ago, paid them online & got to choose the delivery date. If you're not in for a PF delivery they usually take it to the nearest Post Office for pick up.

My DOS Horde Prime has just turned up

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    I've had deliveries by Parcel Force for a number of Matty deliveries in the past (Stay Puft last year was definitely one). I can't understand what all the complaining about them. It makes zero difference to the likelihood of being hit by customs fees or not. I had fees on a (non-Matty) PF delivery a couple of weeks ago, paid them online & got to choose the delivery date. If you're not in for a PF delivery they usually take it to the nearest Post Office for pick up.

Parcelforce charrge more than royal mail, though I moan almost as much when they force me to pay for an item I have already paid for.

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    I got my Horde Prime and Snake MAA on Saturday, I love both figures and the mini-comic.

I ordered the new DC comic over the weekend so I'm just waiting for it to arrive.
    Take each day as it comes, but never take it for granted.

Parcelforce charrge more than royal mail, though I moan almost as much when they force me to pay for an item I have already paid for.
    I've only had the £13.50 handling fee on items posted by Express Mail. Matty items should only get the £8 handling fee, same as Royal Mail. The actual VAT fee itself will be the same regardless of which have delivered it.
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

The DC comic arrived on Saturday from Forbidden Planet, but I'd already read it by then as I downloaded it with the DC app via iPad. It's still cool to have for collection purposes though. I'm going to visit the store in person this week to see what else they have as its been a while. Might check out Orbital comics too

My non-sub Horde Prime arrived yesterday. He looks awesome. One of my favourite figures so far. Planning on opening him (which is rare for me) so I can get a good look at his face beneath the helmet.

Also received a letter from Parcel Force requesting a 20 quid payment, like the rest of you for my subscription stuff. Highly irritating. Though am excited to get my hands on the griffin finally. Are you all planning on signing up for the 2013 sub? I'm of two minds about it. Tempted to go back to cherry picking after this. The SDCC reveals and how badly I want the sub exclusive will likely go a long way to helping me decide.
    Last edited by Nephilim; July 10, 2012 at 06:49am.

I've never subscribed but I would like to this year, to prevent things like me missing Horde Prime last month happening (extremely jealous of those just getting their hands on him!)
    However, due to my fear of customs fees I would not go for an 'all-in' sub unless there was an option to have everything shipped seperately.
    I would absolutely love it if they did a basic 12-figure sub this year.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Well I got the expected Parcel Force note today but not the £19 most people have been charged.
    I got stung for £24.71 for my sub SMAA, Horde Prime and Griffin!!! This included a clearance fee of £13.50???
    The pot luck nature of customs really bugs me. Although to be fair it is the first time I have been stung this year.
    But unless Ram Man is the sub exclusive I will not be be re subscribing next year.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Ok got my two Parcel Force notes today for my two subs, one for £19.21 and one for 24.71! They both have a Import VAT fee of £11.21 but one has a Clearance Fee of £8 and one has a Clearance Fee of £13.50! *** their exactly the same parcel with exactly the same value and both used the cheaper shipping option!

Between the increase in price of the figures next year and the customs fee's I'm only getting one sub next year.

blackiecats - they went to Rotherham depot again mate, I bet it must be fractionally closer then the Notts one.
    Last edited by 13977; July 10, 2012 at 03:25pm.

Wanted:

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    [QUOTE=13977;3058701]Ok got my two Parcel Force notes today for my two subs, one for £19.21 and one for 24.71! They both have a Import VAT fee of £11.21 but one has a Clearance Fee of £8 and one has a Clearance Fee of £13.50! *** their exactly the same parcel with exactly the same value and both used the cheaper shipping option!
    QUOTE]

That's just nuts. Is there anyone or any organisation that you we can complain to or get clarification about this?
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my PF note today - £22.39
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~