Page 148 of 231 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 5758

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Parcelforce's website explains the difference between the £13.50 handling charge here:
    http://www.parcelforce.com/receiving...wide-clearance

Only it doesn't really explain it, does it?

If two identical parcels, posted at the same time with the same shipping option are being charged different handling fees then there must be a mistake somewhere. Maybe it's Parcelforce's fault and they owe you £5.50. Or maybe Matty (despite charging the same amount for the shipping) actually posted the parcels on a different tariff?
    Last edited by Neil; July 11, 2012 at 04:05am.

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Thanks Neil. Crazy stuff. Given the hassle of chasing these things I think I will just chalk this one up to the Russian roulette that is the UK custom charges. Especially as I had been lucky all year.
    My wife picked the figures up after work. Horde Prime is huge and the paint job on Snake MAA is great.
    Hope everyone else likes them!
    Neutral Forest Spirit

DOS Snake MAA and Horde Prime arrived today :-)
    Last edited by robaczek; July 10, 2012 at 04:07pm.
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

I got my ransom note today. As before, Parcel Force sent it to the wrong address so I was lucky to get it (how they manage this when they are a postal company and my address is correctly written by Digital River I don't know). I hope Matty sorts out its shipping and customs options soon, this is the single most important issue that will convince me to subscribe again for 2013. I don't want to spend another £96 on Parcel Force's £8 clearance fees.
    Last edited by CaptainMendoc; July 10, 2012 at 05:19pm.

Got home today to be greeted by a £22.39 Parcel Force ransom note. Where the hell do they get £13.50 handling fee from?! It's only ever been £8.00 before.

I don't get why its come through Sweden either? Before its always been Germany or Belgium.

Rethinking the Sub now. I was sure I would get it but I just can't afford this. I thought I was doing well on customs fees this year. Should've known.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!

Has anyone paid the Parcel Force fee's yet on the website, can you tell me if you can specify the redelivery date and/or change the delivery address (like to my work address)?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Parcelforce's website explains the difference between the £13.50 handling charge here:

If two identical parcels, posted at the same time with the same shipping option are being charged different handling fees then there must be a mistake somewhere. Maybe it's Parcelforce's fault and they owe you £5.50. Or maybe Matty (despite charging the same amount for the shipping) actually posted the parcels on a different tariff?
    Contact them on Twitter. Possibly due to the public nature of complaints on there, they usually sort out queries very quickly. I would really like to know how different fees could be charged on two identical parcels.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Has anyone paid the Parcel Force fee's yet on the website, can you tell me if you can specify the redelivery date and/or change the delivery address (like to my work address)?
    Yes I paid mine online yesterday and got them delivered this morning. You can specify the date and where you want it sending - although I think there may be a £5 charge if it's to a different address.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Unless it's changed since Feb 2011 (they handled my Shadow Beasts) You can specify a date and a change of address, but not a time, and as i mentioned if for any reason there is no-one to accept delivery they will take it back and refuse to reattempt and then you have to collect it
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Got mine on Monday. I can't believe how much the Griffin, Horde Prime and Snake Man-At-Arms have cost me altogether.

I sill haven't received my Stinkor and Slush Head either. Looks like I'll have to get a replacement. If my second BP She-Ra shows up (which was shipped on the 4th) and I still don't have the May figures, I WILL be annoyed.
    Last edited by Tribal Spaceman; July 11, 2012 at 07:59am.

Ok so like a lot you you I got all my stuff today after a ransom note from parcel force for £19.50ish. I just can't believe how much money June has cost me and it's for stuff I don't even want to be honest.

Horde Prime is cool and gets a pass because he's Horde but he's no Scorpia, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, Octavia, etc. Griffin and SMAA just don't interest me at all and June has cost a fortune!.

With the lack of Great Rebellion females and now this, there's no way I'm buying a sub next year. I'm NEVER putting myself in the position of spending this much money ever again on stuff I have absolutely no interest in and won't even display.

I'm not sure Matty are that bothered about international customers. I kinda feel they would be happier without the inconvinience of us and just sell within the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I'm not sure Matty are that bothered about international customers. I kinda feel they would be happier without the inconvinience of us and just sell within the US.
    Agreed. We are an annoyance to them, yet they happily take our money.

Still, it isn't their fault that ParcelForce are a rip-off. Due to the extra fees, it would've been cheaper to buy June's figures on eBay. Ridiculous
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Ok so like a lot you you I got all my stuff today after a ransom note from parcel force for £19.50ish. I just can't believe how much money June has cost me and it's for stuff I don't even want to be honest.

Horde Prime is cool and gets a pass because he's Horde but he's no Scorpia, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, Octavia, etc. Griffin and SMAA just don't interest me at all and June has cost a fortune!.

With the lack of Great Rebellion females and now this, there's no way I'm buying a sub next year. I'm NEVER putting myself in the position of spending this much money ever again on stuff I have absolutely no interest in and won't even display.

This is exactly how I am starting to feel. Not bothering for next year in the slightest.

If I can get on the day of sale from Matty great and then if not will just get from secondary market.

I made a huge mistake getting the sub this year and massively regret it.

Just got my £28 ransom note... sucks.

Well you're all going to hate me, but Parcelforce just delivered my subscription figures with no customs or handling charge.
    I wasn't in, so they posted a card saying they had left the parcel at the Post Office across the road from where I live.

I've completely given up on any attempt to make sense of these charges.

As for the figures: I think this was probably the weakest month of releases this year, but 2012 has been exceptional so far.
    I'm still really pleased to add these figures to my overloaded shelves, though.
    I really like the comic-inspired head for Horde Prime.

This is a wild stab in the dark and purely speculative, but I'm wondering if Parcel Force are fast-tracking the parcels through customs. It would explain why parcels which have come through customs are arriving at the same time as non-customs parcels and why the higher handling rate is being charged.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Well you're all going to hate me, but Parcelforce just delivered my subscription figures with no customs or handling charge.
    I wasn't in, so they posted a card saying they had left the parcel at the Post Office across the road from where I live.

I've completely given up on any attempt to make sense of these charges.

As for the figures: I think this was probably the weakest month of releases this year, but 2012 has been exceptional so far.
    I'm still really pleased to add these figures to my overloaded shelves, though.
    I really like the comic-inspired head for Horde Prime.
    Lucky you!

I've got 2 Horde Prime's - I'm surprised at how much I really like the UK head on the HP body. I was going to use Spector's body - but it's not quite right.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Ok got my two Parcel Force notes today for my two subs, one for £19.21 and one for 24.71! They both have a Import VAT fee of £11.21 but one has a Clearance Fee of £8 and one has a Clearance Fee of £13.50! *** their exactly the same parcel with exactly the same value and both used the cheaper shipping option!

Between the increase in price of the figures next year and the customs fee's I'm only getting one sub next year.

blackiecats - they went to Rotherham depot again mate, I bet it must be fractionally closer then the Notts one.
    I'd ring the Rotherham office and explain to them that both parcels have the same contents and ask why one has the higher handling fee? Explain that both were shipped by standard post. When I asked they said it was down to the shipping service used (which I did use the more expensive Express Mail)

However to get a refund of any kind I think your gonna have to write to them...but in this instance I'm not sure you will have any luck

- - - Updated - - -

Yep it does:

We have two levels of clearance fee for import parcels. There is a charge of £13.50 for express parcels imported through the EMS (i.e. International Datapost equivalent) and GLS (i.e. Euro 48 equivalent) networks and also for high value standard parcels (valued at over €1000). For all other import parcels, an £8 charge will apply.
    Like I said, when the item is posted via the faster shipping the charge is £13.50. Anything else is £8.

Yep I think they made a mistake or the shipper from Sweden sent one parcel by a quicker service than the other. I'd write to Parcel Force explaining the situation (including the postage labels from the £13.50 charge parcel) and they should refund £5.50. But again that depends if the parcel WERE NOT forwarded by an express service.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Ok...my sub Griffin, HP and SMAA came via Sweden and Parcel Force and additionally cost me just under £20 on Monday. My DOS HP and SMAA came today via Ontario and Royal Mail and additionally cost me £0!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Need a favour from a UK fan please. I'm going to be away in London all weekend (going to see Soundgarden on Fri) and won't have any internet access. If I PM somebody my number could you txt me the reveals after the Matty Panel on Fri night please? I don't want to have to wait until Mon to find out

I really hope the Sep order when we get Mekaneck, DB Skeletor and Snakemen two-pack, doesn't come via Parcel Force. When I've had two figures and a beast before they've always come via Royal Mail.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Need a favour from a UK fan please. I'm going to be away in London all weekend (going to see Soundgarden on Fri) and won't have any internet access. If I PM somebody my number could you txt me the reveals after the Matty Panel on Fri night please? I don't want to have to wait until Mon to find out
    Sure, I can do that (assuming it's not already too late to offer). PM your mobile number and I'll text you the list. It may not be until after 10pm, though.

my griffin and all still hasnt turned up

Quote Originally Posted by DrGrayskull View Post
    my griffin and all still hasnt turned up
    Hope they show up soon. I feel your pain. I'm till waiting for Stinkor and Slush Head. Hope they haven't been lost...
    Last edited by Tribal Spaceman; July 13, 2012 at 09:26am.

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Got the dreaded ransom note with the higher fees today.

Does anyone know if Australia has the same fees for importing MOTUC figures? I ask as I’m considering emigrating given the brighter prospects for the Australian economy and the lacklustre Summer we’re having.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller