Page 149 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 5627

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Looks like us UK collectors are being priced out of this toy line now.
    The price increase for both product and shipping means that EVERY figure we receive is subject to customs and handling fees. A $25 (£16) subscription figure is going to end up at almost £40.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    GAH!!!

I loved all the reveals at SDCC but now I'm worried. I always go for standard shipping, but customs everytime is going to kick my arse!!! I might have to look at alternative routes. The price increase forthe figures I can accept due to oil prices etc, shipping though...

However its our country too that narks me off. The custom charges are ridiculous, especially the handling charges.

Still haven't got my Horde Prime, SMAM or Griffen yet, trying not to worry.

I'm going to have a think before I buy my sub.

I remember a while back that Toyguru was going to try and do something about our customs charges... or at least he said he would. I've not heard anything since.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    Looks like us UK collectors are being priced out of this toy line now.
    The price increase for both product and shipping means that EVERY figure we receive is subject to customs and handling fees. A $25 (£16) subscription figure is going to end up at almost £40.
    Yeah im 100% there. Im going to get mine routed through a buddy in the states that regularly ships me stuff. For us its gong to be just shy of $65 a figure
    WTB Loose complete Tyrantisaurus Rex and Laser Light Skeletor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Would it work better if a few UK fans grouped up and ordered subs together and have them all shipped together? Any fees incured would be split monthly between however many figures? I wonder if this would work out cheaper?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Would it work better if a few UK fans grouped up and ordered subs together and have them all shipped together? Any fees incured would be split monthly between however many figures? I wonder if this would work out cheaper?
    There are two main issues which would have to be dealt with -

a) Whoever orders the subs is going to have a fun job each month packaging up & posting out all the figures to each person once they arrive from Mattel. This wouldn't be such a hardship month 1, but by the time you get to month 7, 8, 9...

b) That person is taking rather a large financial risk since they'll be paying all the sub costs each month with no guarantee everyone else will pay up. In addition it would likely be down to them to add extra things to the order (e.g. weapons packs).

I can't really get involved in getting subs shipped in a group as I have no intention of subscribing. However are there any UK and Ireland day of sales fans interested in group buying? Apparently if you order up to 6 figures, shipping by DHL is cheaper than the standard untracked shipping!

Jor-El posted the shipping totals in another thread as follows:

International Post...

1: 13.75
    2: 21.70
    3: 30.15
    4: 38.25
    5: 46.60
    6: 60.25
    7: 69.70
    8: 78.60
    9: 87.55
    10: 96.15

DHL...

1: 30.60
    2: 35.50
    3: 40.45
    4: 45.25
    5: 49.40
    6: 58.50
    7: 63.05
    8: 67.65
    9: 72.25
    10: 76.85

The group order would also only pay one handling fee of £13.50, which along with the VAT fee would be split amongst all that participated in the order. The only way to do it though would be for the person who orders to be paid the $27 by Paypal in advance of the sale. For it to be worth it, we'd need to order a minimum of 6 items per month (January you'd only need 3 fans grouping together as Netossa and Ram Man are on sale, well if all 3 want both figures)

Shipping would work out at $9.75 per figure, plus UK shipping (around £3 per figure or less if more items are shipped together) I guess the main saving would be avoiding the customs fee handling fee (£8 or £13.50) each month and getting the figures sent by tracked mail from Matty....
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    There are two main issues which would have to be dealt with -

a) Whoever orders the subs is going to have a fun job each month packaging up & posting out all the figures to each person once they arrive from Mattel. This wouldn't be such a hardship month 1, but by the time you get to month 7, 8, 9...

b) That person is taking rather a large financial risk since they'll be paying all the sub costs each month with no guarantee everyone else will pay up. In addition it would likely be down to them to add extra things to the order (e.g. weapons packs).
    That's what I thought initially - risky to do.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Court Magician
    No June sub yet,I'm starting to worry,it's almost July sale day!

Quote Originally Posted by blazingcomet2003 View Post
    No June sub yet,I'm starting to worry,it's almost July sale day!
    You think that's bad, I don't have my May figures yet! I do have my June ones though...

Just to also add... the handling fee by DHL for paying the VAT fee is only £1.25! (if the VAT charge is under £62.50) A vast difference to the ridiculous £8/£13.50 Royal Mail charge! So group buying is probably the way to go as your just looking at the VAT fee per figure and the UK shipping cost to re-send the figures.

http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/express/ship...ies_taxes.html
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Just to also add... the handling fee by DHL for paying the VAT fee is only £1.25! (if the VAT charge is under £62.50) A vast difference to the ridiculous £8/£13.50 Royal Mail charge! So group buying is probably the way to go as your just looking at the VAT fee per figure and the UK shipping cost to re-send the figures.

http://www.dhl.co.uk/en/express/ship...ies_taxes.html
    Yeah that works out better. I am going in with 2 other guys to get subs. Should make life easier
    WTB Loose complete Tyrantisaurus Rex and Laser Light Skeletor

Well, I've already bitten the bullet and resubscribed for 2013 (using the cheapest shipping option).

I'm hoping that the wonderful postal service in Kent will continue to studiously ignore all shipping charges... if they don't it's going to be a pretty expensive year. If it gets too bad, I'm going to think very seriously about joining or setting up a MOTUC-buying UK Co-operative for 2014.

Looking at those shipping prices it does seem that bulk buying between a group of us would definitely be the way forward, but I would have no idea how to go about setting something like that up!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Master of my own Domain
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I can't really get involved in getting subs shipped in a group as I have no intention of subscribing. However are there any UK and Ireland day of sales fans interested in group buying?.
    This is a great idea, count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Looking at those shipping prices it does seem that bulk buying between a group of us would definitely be the way forward, but I would have no idea how to go about setting something like that up!
    Well I think the best way would be to have a thread in the Marketplace where UK cherry pickers can express their interest each month for what they want. Orders have to be placed probably a fortnight before sale date (especially if folks pay by cheque) The person who places the order would need the full cost before ordering as it just too much of a risk to end up with $$$'s worth of figures if someone doesn't pay up. I am in a position to be online at 5pm each month and I have feedback here, am a former mod here and I'm admin of ThunderCatsLair.org. So I think I'm the best person to run this and am happy to do so. My feeling is to give this is a try in January and see how it goes, since it means at the least we all can get Ram Man (who is probably one that most of us really want and is definately a good idea to have shipped via DHL!)

I'll try and work out what the full costs including figure, DR shipping, customs and UK shipping will be. I'll try to work out 3 prices (Netossa only, Ram Man only and Both Ram Man and Netossa) It's then up to the individual to decide which option they would like. If any figures sell out before the order goes through, then it's easy to just refund folks no problem. I have never missed out on a figure I've set out to order on sale day yet. The only thing going against us would be the early access perk subbers are gonna get But then if that does happen, you wouldn't be able to order yourself either anyway.

I'm only happy to re-send stuff in the UK and Northern Ireland only, as I can send them by recorded post. Posting to Europe is too much hassle, as I don't want to be in a situation if something gets lost via airmail.

Quote Originally Posted by adamjimenez View Post
    This is a great idea, count me in.
    We've traded before, so I'm glad to hear your interested! We have plenty of time though to sort this between now and January. Like I said, I'll work out exactly what it will be per figure if we order 6 items (I'm assuming the 3 of us so far want both Netossa and Ram Man?) so 6 figures is a good start to base price per figure off for now.

Another great thing is we won't be waiting 4 weeks anymore for our stuff!

Master of my own Domain
    I've traded with blackiecats before and would have no problem trusting him with the $$$.

Thanks blackiecats for taking the mantle. After the Matty announcement I thought there'd be no way I could get these figures, but you've given me a ray of hope. You're awesome.

I've traded with blackiecats before and would have no problem trusting him with the $$$.

Thanks blackiecats for taking the mantle. After the Matty announcement I thought there'd be no way I could get these figures, but you've given me a ray of hope. You're awesome.
    Well I checked shipping on Matty myself by putting 6 subs in my basket and DHL shipping was $54.35 (cheaper than what I posted above, so I'm guessing the poster who posted those estimates was outside Europe...)

Anyway according to my calculations, your probably looking at £31.52 per regular figure (including all shipping and fees). If more than 6 figures are ordered the cost should drop slightly further. I'd prefer to keep it to a maximum of 6 people though, especially if everyone wants both Ram Man and Jitsu in February, as thats 12 figures! I'd prefer not to have to ship any more than 5 parcels each month.

I know on eBay I've seen MOTUC sold at around £29.99 plus shipping this year, so to get it down to £31.52 shipping from the US to the UK and then on to the recipient by 1st Class recorded (including all customs fees) isn't too bad. Obviously eBay prices will certainly go up!

Here's how I worked it out:

6x $27 = $162 + $54.35 shipping = $216.35

VAT: $216.35 / 100 x 20% = $43.27 (43.27 / 6 = $7.21 VAT per figure)
    Shipping: $54.35 / 6 = $9.06 (per figure)
    DHL Customs Handling fee: £1.25 / 6 = 21p (per figure)

Figure: $27 (per figure)
    US to UK Shipping: $9.06 (per figure)
    VAT: $7.21 (per figure)

= $43.27 (£27.66)

£27.66 + £3.65 UK 1st class recorded shipping + 21p handling fee = £31.52

Obviously since Ram Man will be $33, he will work out a little more expensive, probably around £5-£6 more all in all. Also this do not include Paypal fees (though a cheque would be better)

Master of my own Domain
    Is vat payable on the shipping as well as the figure?

I'm not bothered about Netossa. But put me down for Ram-man and Jitsu

Is vat payable on the shipping as well as the figure?

I'm not bothered about Netossa. But put me down for Ram-man and Jitsu
    From my own experience and what I read on HMRC, yes it is unfortunately.

From HMRC website: http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...014#P141_10557

Value Added Tax (VAT) - Import VAT is charged at the same rate that applies to similar goods sold in the UK and applies to commercial goods over £15 in value, and on gifts that are over £40 in value. However, please note that commercial consignments sent to the UK from the Channel Islands do not benefit from any relief of import VAT. The value of the goods for import VAT is based on the:

-basic value of goods, plus
    -postage, packing and insurance, plus
    -any import (Customs or Excise) duties charged.

As with customs duty, the cost of postage is excluded from the calculation for VAT on gifts except where the sender has used the Express Mail Service (EMS) as opposed to a standard mail service.
    Shipping value isn't charged VAT, only when the package is sent as a 'gift' it seems.
    Last edited by blackiecats; July 16, 2012 at 05:00pm.

Court Magician
    Still no sign of the June sub for me!

So I've just got another ransom note from Parcel Force for £19.21. It can only be Vikor which I ordered last minute a couple of weeks back, if I'd known about this Parcel Force customs stuff I'd have not bothered with him. Thank god I'm not getting a sub next year, if ever there was a time to be a cherry picker it's now.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    So I've just got another ransom note from Parcel Force for £19.21. It can only be Vikor which I ordered last minute a couple of weeks back, if I'd known about this Parcel Force customs stuff I'd have not bothered with him. Thank god I'm not getting a sub next year, if ever there was a time to be a cherry picker it's now.
    What for just one Vikor?

I'm really thinking about not subing next year now, but I really want that Skeletor Mini-Comic, need to make my mind up ASAP really.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Widget
    I received another ransom note from Parcel Force for £24.71 today. As I haven't ordered anything outside of my Amazon.com order for TMNT, I was a little curious.

So I checked my original Parcel Force ransom note which I still had with me. The information on the one I received today was an exact duplicate of my original note... I checked the Parcel Force website with the reference number on the latest note, this is what displayed after I had typed in the code -

The parcel ****-****-****-***** can not be found.
    Please check your reference number and try again.

So it seems that the good folks at Parcel Force are sending out duplicate ransom notes just for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    (null)
    I also received another note from parcel force for £22.39. I checked my previous one and the note is identical - reference number and tracking ref - they have sent a duplicate out of the Griffin/prime/SMAA note which I have already paid!

*sigh* is this what it's going to be like next year then?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I still have nothing! O_O Getting worried now.

Are all UK parcels coming through Parcel Force and if so, why?
    Last edited by super-munkyboy; July 17, 2012 at 03:05pm.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]