Page 15 of 231 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Wow, I've never known a figure arrive so quick. Here's hoping that mine arrives in the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Oh take it from me, you would've gotten quite a different vibe of what MOTU was if you had been exposed to the figures and comics first.
    Not saying it's better but it's definitely richer.
    Totally agree. I'm glad I was there pre-Filmation, as some people seem to overlook this era.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Totally agree. I'm glad I was there pre-Filmation, as some people seem to overlook this era.
    They over look it at their peril and get only small watered down version of the brand in my opinion.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

When I did start reading the mini comics and pre Filmation stuff as a kid I really got a sence of the darkness of the property and how truly evil Skeletor was. But in my heart I am a She-Ra fan and anything that closes the door on her existance, (which the pre filmation stuff would do) could never sit well with me.

Hopefully we will get as much richness and darkness as possible from MOTUC, and a She-Ra that leaves all traces of flowers, frills and pink far behind to allow for a princess of power who is a she devil (with a heart) on the side of good: who will hopefully make the worst of snake mountain shake in there boots.

When I see this picture I always think this is how she should be. Strong and powerful, the twin to the most powerful man in the universe. I hope Mattel keep the girly/ frilly influance on She-Ra to an absolute minimum (cannon wise). I want a double hard She-Ra who could stand alongside those dark early origins of the brand with pride.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 30, 2009 at 10:40am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Well darker is usually cooler and I think (and hope) we got some cool stories on the way. POP won't be a brand on it's own now so the stuff for little girls no longer applies.

That illustration is wicked!! Where did that come from and is there a bigger version?
    www.eamonart.com

I found it on deviant art years ago. Sorry this is as big as I can make it, but it's a bit bigger than the last one.

Last edited by Angel-T; July 30, 2009 at 11:05am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Wow. That was quick. 15 Days

Found Man-At-Arms on the doorstep this morning. Very impressed with the speed, especially after what seemed like an especailly long wait for Hordak.
    Last edited by byinfernoslight; July 31, 2009 at 04:27am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Are they still using mail on the move? This seems very fast for them.

Still Mail on the Move and still come via Germany.

Been having a bit of a play of He-Man vs Man-at-arms and very happy to see that the plastic used for hands is now much softer meaning getting weapons in and out a lot lot easier.

I think M-A-A might be my new favourite. And it only took 2 weeks to get here.

Wow, mine has just arrived too, what a fantastic turnaround time!! Can't wait to get home now and take a look.

Has cheered me up after the sad news of Sir Bobby Robson dying this morning. The bloke was a true Geordie legend and will be a huge miss to the whole of football.

RIP Sir Bobby

My 2 x MAA figures have arrived courtesy of Mail on the Move!

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Wow, mine has just arrived too, what a fantastic turnaround time!! Can't wait to get home now and take a look.

Has cheered me up after the sad news of Sir Bobby Robson dying this morning. The bloke was a true Geordie legend and will be a huge miss to the whole of football.

RIP Sir Bobby

It was indeed a great loss for football...he did a great job here in my country. As a FCPorto fan im really sad about this news, he won two portuguese first leagues in 1995 and in 1996, one of the few international coaches that I remember coming to my country and really tried to make an effort to speak portuguese since the very first moment, just shows the type of person sir bobby was.
    Last edited by mistaloko; July 31, 2009 at 07:08am.

My Man at Arms just arrived as well. Good to see an improvement on the shipping times, though apart from the huge wait for Hordak and Zodac, all the other figures have taken less than 20 days. Hopefully it's going to be this quick from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    It was indeed a great loss for football...he did a great job here in my country. As a FCPorto fan im really sad about this news, he won two portuguese first leagues in 1995 and in 1996, one of the few international coaches that I remember coming to my country and really tried to make an effort to speak portuguese since the very first moment, just shows the type of person sir bobby was.

Completely agree with you Mistaloko. He made such a great impression at every club he was at. He was a total one off and a pure legend.

Back onto the MAA front. did he arrive in the white box or the usual packaging?

Mine was in the usual packaging. A bigger box though.

Sods law that I decided to ask my friend to order me a MAA so that I would get him sooner and here folks are getting them already.

I guess it's just a bit random with that method of postage.
    www.eamonart.com

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    My first Man-At-Arms arrived safely this morning.

Surprised it was was quick this time, especially when compared to the long wait for some other figures.

Hoping my second MAA arrives tomorrow.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

God I am soooo excited, like a kid before xmas. MAA yesterday and now the lovely guy from Parcel Force has just droped a big old box in my hands containing the Art book and He-Ro. I need to go and have a shower as I had a lie in today (Being a waking night worker).But my gut instinct is to just rip into that box and start reading the book and posing He-Ro. The outer mailer box for He-Ro is very similar in a style and quality as the 2004 exclusive She-Ra box.

Phew, my He-Ro isn't cross , amazing paint job & I got a green spell stone! I am a very happy orger!
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 31, 2009 at 07:48am.

Phone pics!!
    www.eamonart.com

Hi gang,

Bit off topic but i think i will have a problem with my 2009 subscription and im looking for help. Recently i lost my credit card and had to get a replacement and my old account is now closed down, but my subscription has those details. I,m trying to contact matty collector customers service but i cant get through, no matter what variation of there no. i use. Has anyone from the uk actually got through and what prefix did you use before the 887 go matty so i can give them my new details

Thanks to anyone who has a answer

Here you go! The images will look a lot better if you click to view them at full size, I had to do a bit of colour correction due to the bright light in the room.

Wicked!!
    I still have no idea why I like the He-Ro figure so much!

hy did you decide to give Grayskull the tech sword?
    www.eamonart.com

Court Magician
    Duncan arrived this morning, great quality and really fast shipping.

Chris here...

Man-at-Arms arrived this morning! I've still to open him, but my initial reaction when I saw him was to go "WHOA!" - the vibrancy of his paint job is a wonder to behold, and I love the design of the figure!

He shall be freed from his plastic prison very soon!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org