Page 151 of 226 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 5627

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    Slowly coming to a decision and it looks like the sub + standard postage. As I said earlier, I've never had a package go missing (watch that change!) and this month has been the only time I've been hit by customs in ages (watch that change too!).

I won't, however, be buying the Watchmen figures (that I've been waiting years for!) as that simply pushes the cost too high.
    After all of the news we've seen over the last few days I think I' going the same way. I was on the fence but I enjoy collecting this line too much to see it go away.

I've subbed for three years on the cheap option and never had a delivery go missing and haven't been caught by customs in a year.... so fingers crossed.

So help me God if my Ram-man gets lost though!!!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm close to subbing as well - ill take a chance on the customs charges. I've only ever had one (touches wood) package gone missing - Webstor in 2009.

I seriously don't want MOTUC to end!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    My June sub is here. Took a chance and rang Parcel Farce. They've had it since June 16th. Apparently they sent a letter out, but I've had nothing, though its not from your local branch, but a seperate office. Even the guy on the other end was despairing.

So my customs will be £19.21 when i get round to picking it up tommorrow.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Bit the bullet, subbed with cheap shipping.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Thanks for that.
    I'll keep my eye on eBay around the beginning of September.

hi guys i am not sure what to do next, whether to subscibe for next year or not. also my griffin, man at arms and horde prime style hasnt arrived. i dont know who to contact, is it definately parcel force who are delivering? how would they know if they have it as i dont think uk items are traced?
    any help would be great.
    im in norwich so not sure if there si a local depot or somethibng

Quote Originally Posted by DrGrayskull View Post
    hi guys i am not sure what to do next, whether to subscibe for next year or not. also my griffin, man at arms and horde prime style hasnt arrived. i dont know who to contact, is it definately parcel force who are delivering? how would they know if they have it as i dont think uk items are traced?
    any help would be great.
    My Griffin, Snake Man-At-Arms and Horde Prime certainly game by Parcel Force. I think it was the same for most of the other posters on this thread. It's possible that Parcel Force has your items and either tried to deliver them while you were out, or are waiting for you to pay a customs fee. Based on experience, they don't always leave/post the card informing you of this.

I would contact your local Parcel Force depot to check that they are not holding anything for you.
    There is one in Norwich in the City Trading Estate.

Put your postcode into their depot finder and you'll get the full details:
    http://www.parcelforce.com/depot-finder

If they don't have it, then contact your local Post Office delivery office.
    If the parcel was delivered through Royal Mail, then they might be holding the parcel.
    You can find out your local one by phoning 0845 6050767.

It's important to contact Parcel Force and/or the Post Office ASAP as they will send items back to the sender if they haven't been collected by a certain date: even if it's not your fault.

If your toys aren't with Parcel Force or Royal Mail.... then the parcel might be lost, or might just still be in transit. Ridiculous as it sounds it's 'only' been six weeks since the June sale date. It might just be taking its time.

As for the sub...

Selfishly, I would advise you to buy one as I want the line to continue.

More helpfully, I would say that you need to weigh up if the sub is right for you. Assuming you can afford it, would you be happy with getting a selection of toys in 2013 that's going to be less-Vintage heavy than previous years? We know there's at least 2 POP and 2 NA items in the offing. If they're not your cup of tea, then you might think twice. But paying for items you don't want in 2013 keeps the line alive, and opens up a 2014 what will cover most of the outstanding iconic characters (and all of the Vintage MOTU). You might think that's a price worth paying.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    got my sub, and put down for the cheap shipping. One thing though reading all the TG responses. Once the "my subs" page is open (weeks not months) you will be able to change shipping on a month by month basis, so lets say you dont care much about Jan and Feb, you do nothing and it's cheap shipping auto. March is coming and you really want that figure/multipack. log in, and switch shipping to DHL. Next week switch back to cheap shipping for April etc. - It seems a good way to use the quicker delivery option and if it's done by specific qty it'll be cheaper too. If it works....
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Spikor arrived today.

My Spikor arrived yesterday and I picked him up this morning. No wobbly eye problems luckily.
    That is the fastest one yet at 15 days!

Hi all,

I'm based in Brighton on the south coast. I'm looking for someone to sub with. I ONLY want POP and Filmation figures and will happily take them off your hands if you DON'T want them!

Send me a PM. I want to help the line where I can.

any help would be great.
    Do what Neil suggests and call your parcel force depo as a some fans in this thread have said they've called the depo, the package was there waiting for them and they'd had no note delivered despite parcel force claiming they should of had a note through their letter box. I'd do this sooner rather then later in case they send it back but its also worth keeping in mind that it has taken packages up to six weeks to arrive from Matty in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    got my sub, and put down for the cheap shipping. One thing though reading all the TG responses. Once the "my subs" page is open (weeks not months) you will be able to change shipping on a month by month basis, so lets say you dont care much about Jan and Feb, you do nothing and it's cheap shipping auto. March is coming and you really want that figure/multipack. log in, and switch shipping to DHL. Next week switch back to cheap shipping for April etc. - It seems a good way to use the quicker delivery option and if it's done by specific qty it'll be cheaper too. If it works....
    I've subbed with cheap shipping as well. Hopefully the "my subs" page will be up and running by Jan then if I start getting customs fee's every month I'll look into hooking up with a US fan and change my shipping address to his address, then get him to re-ship as a gift.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

thanks, i followed what you said and they have had it there for weeks. they said they had sent out a card twice, and i have never seen one. so glad i got them. buying these things is far from a great experience. but i have decided to go ahead for next year. i just dont want to let the line die and if it means one or two fewer takeaways and stuff- at least it will help the diet

thanks again

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    I am on the fence about subbing and had a quick questions for you kind chaps.
    If I choose the expensive shipping option on the sub will I still be liable for and get caught for customs fees?
    Thanks.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland Warrior View Post
    If I choose the expensive shipping option on the sub will I still be liable for and get caught for customs fees?
    Thanks.
    You'd still be liable for them.
    Will DHL be more efficient at charging them than Royal Mail/Parcel Force? Can't say.

However, I read somewhere that DHL only charge a £1.95 admin charge on duty payments (compared to the £8 from Royal Mail, and the £13.50 from Parcel Force). You'd have to double check that though, to be sure.

I'm pretty sure that a single sub with the slow-shipping would still work out cheaper overall - despite the more expensive charges. But then delivery isn't guaranteed.

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Cheers Neil.
    Just doing my sums to see if I can somehow afford the sub for another year.
    I don't want the line to die but I don't have a money tree growing in my garden either!!!
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my Spiker (as Toyguru would say) today - outstanding figure - nothing wrong with him. The club is a bit bendy but not as much as I feared and his eyes are painted correctly.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Hi all,

I'm based in Brighton on the south coast. I'm looking for someone to sub with. I ONLY want POP and Filmation figures and will happily take them off your hands if you DON'T want them!

Send me a PM. I want to help the line where I can.
    It's a shame we both have the same favourites in MOTUC Im likely going to sub this year and have all my items shipped to a US friend. The plan is to sell the FFM and King He-Man off ASAP! Then have my stuff shipped 3 times a year (April, August and December) I'll save on shipping and a huge amount on customs!

I figure worst case scenario, if I can't shift FFM, then selling Ram Man and Jitsu at a premium will recoup some of that cost. I'm sure King He-Man will sell at cost price at the very least. I figure if the sub 'just' slips through, then day of sales will be at least $30-$35 per figure!

Hope you find someone to help out Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    However, I read somewhere that DHL only charge a £1.95 admin charge on duty payments (compared to the £8 from Royal Mail, and the £13.50 from Parcel Force). You'd have to double check that though, to be sure.
    It's actually £1.25 or 2% of the VAT fee (whichever is higher)

Cheers Neil.
    Just doing my sums to see if I can somehow afford the sub for another year.
    I don't want the line to die but I don't have a money tree growing in my garden either!!!
    Maybe its worth trying to do the same as me and have your sub shipped to someone in the US? With higher shipping and guaranteed VAT and handling fees every month I wouldn't have any chance of affording a sub.

I do plan to wait til the last couple of days to place my order though, incase there are any developments between now and then
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

hi guys, is spikor coming by normal post? and did thr griffin and all come by parcel force just due to it being an expensive package? thanks

hi guys, is spikor coming by normal post? and did thr griffin and all come by parcel force just due to it being an expensive package? thanks
    I think Griffin came through via Parcelforce due to the size of the package - especially if it was a sub item with two additional figs.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Thanks.
    If DHL are anything like USPS, then you will always pay customs (plus their handling charge) when the price on the outside is above the limit (which i think for 2013 is every month) as they are a more "serious" company, where as Royal Mail seems to be random, for example I've not been hit this year by RM standard, just the Parcel Force month.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

So.. After much deliberation I finally gave in and bought a sub.. NOW JOIN ME AND DO THE SAME!! ;-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    i got me a sub the week after they came out, chose dhl because of the supposedly faster shipping hpefully what happend this month wont happen again.

i changed my card around may by calling up the customer services line , i go on holiday to france then am house sitting for a week next thing i know im checking my e-mails and found out my sub had been "cancelled" due to payment not being authorised for snake maa and horde prime (weirdly even though i had allready recieved them)

i called up the other night and there was no record of my previous call but they took the details again and reinstated my order.

now thats all well and good but the reason i went on my e-mails that day was because i had bought for the first time an item outside the sub (i still hadnt got she-ra) so i just checked my e-mails and on july the 30th i got charged for: spikor, she-ra, frosta. snakemen two pack and dragon blaster skeletor! still love the sub but glad i got paid the next day!
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

So I'm sure that was covered a thousand times already but I couldn't find it.. I had a sub 2 years ago but I was only charged a 'set up' fee that covered the exclusive figure. Now however I was charged separately for the fig and for the sub.. So altogether almos $60 with shipping. Did something change and we have to pay for the privilage of having a sub or does this cover spmething extra?
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    So I'm sure that was covered a thousand times already but I couldn't find it.. I had a sub 2 years ago but I was only charged a 'set up' fee that covered the exclusive figure. Now however I was charged separately for the fig and for the sub.. So altogether almos $60 with shipping. Did something change and we have to pay for the privilage of having a sub or does this cover spmething extra?
    They take the payment for the January figure as well as the sub figure when you buy a sub so maybe it was that?